Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Peel posted:

It's fascinating watching a franchise try to recover from a decade of terrible decisions and actually do pretty well.

I'm so glad I forgot completely about this character when I got a Playstation.

Yeah, it's been really interesting to see how Sega's managed to salvage things. The Sonic series has become a really interesting look into many aspects of game design due to the large range of successes, failures, and "so close but not quite there"s, all of which are essentially variations on the same sort of gameplay. And now that the games are pretty good again we can really dig into the meat of what made them good games and what made them so bad for so long.

Aristobulus posted:

Makes more sense than a Knuckles/Rouge rivalry, anyway.

I believe the Sonic & Knuckles manual mentioned that Knuckles gets flustered around the ladies? I'm pretty sure Rouge was basically invented because someone flipped through that book and wondered why they never showed off that personality trait of Knuckles.

Rouge's original name was actually "Nails the Bat" in early versions of Sonic Adventure 2, with more emphasis on how she could basically do everything Knuckles could do (instead of climbing walls with Knuckles, she climbed walls with...Nails!) but it was changed, likely because everyone thought the name "Nails" meant she HAD to be related to Tails somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I don't really know much about Sonic, but isn't Knuckles' job as the last of his species or tribe or whatever to guard their emeralds, and Rouge's entire job is to steal emeralds? The rivalry makes perfect sense to me.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
When did this thread become the internet central for Sonic fans? Christ people, you've been drawn so far into TGT that you don't realize what you have become!

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

l33t b4c0n posted:

When did this thread become the internet central for Sonic fans? Christ people, you've been drawn so far into TGT that you don't realize what you have become!

Well it is Tails gets Trolled, after all! :v:

That and we're just waiting on an update.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

l33t b4c0n posted:

We are our own worst enemies.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

l33t b4c0n posted:

Stare too long into the abyss, and the abyss trolls you back. :fut:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

FrenchToasty posted:

That Ponygiotis Vavetsikas guy is really making GBS threads up Lazerbot's Facebook page.

He's either trying to get a name drop / character of his choice / his own Mary sue into the comic, or he is just an Internet argument warrior. Either way he needs to shut the gently caress up and let lazorbot get on with his work in peace.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

l33t b4c0n posted:

Sonic fans

Not quite: none of us have Sonic recolor fancharacters yet. We may have stared into the abyss that is Sonic, but we've a long way to go before hitting rock bottom.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

l33t b4c0n posted:

I have a little kid sister who loves Sonic and she owns, so :fut:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Suzuki Method posted:

I have a little kid sister who loves Sonic and she owns, so :fut:

Read her this comic.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I wonder if theres any Loony Tunes fans in this thread like there are Sonic fans?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Who the hell doesn't like the Looney Tunes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsD-sePT3tY

Seriously, I could watch this all day.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jun 2, 2012

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Who the hell doesn't like the Looney Tunes?

A sad man with no sense of humor, that's who.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Otterspace posted:

I wonder if theres any Loony Tunes fans in this thread like there are Sonic fans?

Looney Tunes are awesome. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Looney Tunes lacks a heart. gently caress all the newfangled reboots, though. (:corsair:)

I wish they still played reruns of the classic stuff on Cartoon Network. Kids these days don't appreciate a good anvil gag anymore. Except for lazerbot, lazerbot totally gets this poo poo.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

Read her this comic.

She had input on the fan art I made for this thread. :3: I'm a horribly irresponsible guardian but it's a free internet and she already plays enough online games to get all of the potty language she wants. Her favourite character is Woodstock. Good choice.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Looney Tunes are awesome. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Looney Tunes lacks a heart. gently caress all the newfangled reboots, though. (:corsair:)

I wish they still played reruns of the classic stuff on Cartoon Network. Kids these days don't appreciate a good anvil gag anymore. Except for lazerbot, lazerbot totally gets this poo poo.

They do play reruns of the classic stuff, like pretty much every day in the morning. The latest reboot show is actually pretty decent, too.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Otterspace posted:

Howdy. I said a while back that Lazerbot is doing way, way more interesting things with the Looney Tunes characters than Warner Bros. has done in the past fifteen odd years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rahonavis posted:

Howdy. I said a while back that Lazerbot is doing way, way more interesting things with the Looney Tunes characters than Warner Bros. has done in the past fifteen odd years.

Try 50, excluding the occasional anomaly like Space Jam.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Haha, it just hit me that Taz's dad from Tazmania was doing a bing crosby impression. Anyway tiny toons and tazmania were about fifteen years ago. I can't seem to disagree with you though. Tails gets trolled is a better use of the looney tunes intellectual property.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Rahonavis posted:

To be fair I think if anyone at WB suggested they make the Looney Tunes necromancers they'd probably be fired on the spot without two weeks notice.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Calico Heart posted:

To be fair I think if anyone at WB suggested they make the Looney Tunes necromancers they'd probably be fired on the spot without two weeks notice.

Well, he doesn't actually animate the dead, and the word's only used once but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That should be a whole spin-off, similar to Duck Dodgers.

Speaking of Duck Dodgers, I love this too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOXdlQQAhaM

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 3, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

They do play reruns of the classic stuff, like pretty much every day in the morning. The latest reboot show is actually pretty decent, too.

I've seen a few episodes of the Looney Tunes Show, and I can vouch for this, even if it uses more sitcom-style humor than classic slapstick.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
So does anyone with no avatar/stupid newbie avatar want to be the host of the troll slaiyers gang tag? I am more than willing to spend :10bux: so we can all be

edit:

VVVVV

Done. Everyone, ready your 5bux.

Chunderstorm fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 3, 2012

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I usually spend most of my time lurking, but I'd be honored to host the Troll Slaiyers tag if you're paying the :10bux:.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Being one of the guys who caught up on the thread in one swoop, I didn't really get a sense that Lazerbot has anything like an update schedule - am I right about that?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
HarkToTheLoons and Unassembly Required shall forever go down in forum history as the ones who made the glorious Troll Slaiyers tag a reality. :patriot:

humpadoor
Sep 2, 2009
damnit. I need to get that troll slaiyers tag!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's...it's beautiful. I shall be forever grateful to bear this tag for my fellow troll slaiyers...

High shovels all around, folks!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo how do we do tags?

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Gaseous Snake posted:

Oh poo poo how do we do tags?

Change your custom title and put the link to that image in [img] tags. Now that it's hosted on SA servers, it'll show up in your custom title.

It'll cost you five dollars to do it.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Well this makes up for the slow start to Chapter 10! Consider both my pill and vag chilled.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

MeccaPrime posted:

Change your custom title and put the link to that image in [img] tags. Now that it's hosted on SA servers, it'll show up in your custom title.

It'll cost you five dollars to do it.

a-amaaazing

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
When I get an avatar, I'm buying the poo poo out of that tag

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

ClownSyndrome posted:

When I get an avatar, I'm buying the poo poo out of that tag

You and me both. I think I've had this newbie tag a little too long now...

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I suggest putting an extra carriage return before the tag so there'll be a bit of spacing. Makes it look better/more genuine.

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
Worth every american penny.

EDIT: That's strange, I put a carriage return in but it didn't work. Do I have to pay another 5bux to fix it?

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Silas the Mariner posted:

EDIT: That's strange, I put a carriage return in but it didn't work. Do I have to pay another 5bux to fix it?

You could appeal to a mod*, but there's no guarantee there. Otherwise, yes you'd have to pay five more bux to fix it manually.

*Try Ozma, she's usually open to helping out with simple mistakes like that.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Silas the Mariner posted:

Worth every american penny.

Dang, really? It looks fine in the preview. There's probably some HTML weirdness you have to put in to make that work. Sorry. :(

Some people did that for the 3rd Street Goons tag, so I know it's possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.

Pigbuster posted:

Dang, really? It looks fine in the preview. There's probably some HTML weirdness you have to put in to make that work. Sorry. :(

Some people did that for the 3rd Street Goons tag, so I know it's possible.

Yeah in my preview it looked like the carriage worked. Strange. gently caress it, I don't mind spending another $5 on a forum I've got literally thousands of hours of enjoyment from :)