Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Ouch. Sorry bud. If you're sticking around the old TPK for a while, I can see if my brother knows anyone hiring. He used to work at Hills doing L2 Desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops McGee
Aug 27, 2004

Boy, this Funke is all anybody's ever talking about!

MJP posted:

Okay, so while we're still hiring for the role at my job that's helpdesk/sysadmin, goons should be well advised that the new manager has a whiteboard which currently bears the following at the top, in red, for all to see:

(Emphasis in the original)

Goons be advised that while I'm more than happy to submit you, you'll have a boss who seriously and unironically does stuff like this. I leave that to you to judge for yourselves without comment from me. I'm available via email or PM if you have questions.

Wow, you should've posted that the first time - I wouldn't have bothered with my rant!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So I wasn't aware that this thread existed but, our company is hiring for a boat load of positions. Figured I would try to help some goons out and ( being honest ) I make some extra money from referrals.

Where Arizona

About us, benefits, other info
The company was started in 04 and we have developed an all in one CRM/Ecomm/Marketing solution for small businesses. We are currently growing very quickly as a company in revenue and size. You can find out more here - http://www.infusionsoft.com/about

Benifits
Our company is really a lot of fun with around ~250 employees( I've worked there for 4+ years and don't think about killing my self every time I wake up in the morning to go to work).

Here they are directly from the career page -
Quite simply, we love our employees. And to keep them happy and productive we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and a compensation package that includes:

Medical and dental insurance
(employee premiums 100% covered)
Short-term and long-term disability
3 weeks paid time off (in the first year!)
10 paid holidays
Vision Insurance
Flexible spending reimbursement account
Contributions toward HSA accounts
$100,000 life insurance
Stock options
Contests, giveaways and incentives
Company lunches
Quarterly activities

I would be lying if I said the above wasn't true, it really is awesome. Oh, and we have a fully stocked break room with cereal & milk. A freezer full of fruits & ice cream to make shakes, all for the taking. Popcorn machine.

Additionally we are currently in a converted sports training facility. There is a 50yrd AstroTurf field, half court basketball, billiards table, Message chairs, some weights and poo poo too.

Seriously, here is a promotional video showing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SyQh_Wx72M

This company is 70-80% Mormon Note that this does not usually matter but occasionally, people seem to always be happy in a drug induced sort of way and, there is some "koolaid" that you may have to drink(Ie: putting on an act or front).

I would appreciate it if you decide to apply for one of these positions if you would count me as a referral for the position. Additionally, I would also appreciate you not applying if you don't meet the requirements for the position as you are my referral I rather not shine a bad light on my self.

Any who here are the current positions we have open that I think will interest the people here. Note there are other positions available, 26 in total check out this page - http://www.infusionsoft.com/careers

If you decide to apply when it ask for the referral please us my name
Sterling Grogg

Job Title - area of company - link to description

Web Developer- Marketing - http://www.infusionsoft.com/careers/web-developer

Tech Support Manager - Support - http://www.infusionsoft.com/careers/tech-support-manager

Java Software Engineer- Dev - http://hiring.accolo.com/job.htm?id=280973188

Web Designer - Lead Generation - Lead Gen - http://www.infusionsoft.com/careers/web-designer-lead-generation

Technical Support Rep - - http://www.infusionsoft.com/careers/technical-support-representative

Linux Admin There is no posting for this position on our website. I have no clue why. However, I have it directly from the horses mouth we are looking for one. For this position I would assume you really need to know your poo poo as the guy you would be working with has 13+ yrs exp in linux,DBA,Orical and the list probably goes on. That being said I would assume you need to be proficient in linux, sql, shell scripting and who knows what else. If you would like to know more about this position you will need to get in touch with me so I can talk to the man in charge.

Side note, we will be moving from our current location come early Dec. The new location will be the south side 101 & 202.

Note!!: If you have any questions about the company/job/culture or anything, I will try to help you out. Hopefully I can answer your guys questions but something I wont be able to.
Email: sterster at the gmails

sterster fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 2, 2012

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
About 99% sure we will be posting an entry-level helpdesk position in Ann Arbor, MI in the next week or two. I'll update the spreadsheet if it happens, but if anyone's in the area and looking, let me know.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

slightpirate posted:

Due to a 'department restructure' my position doesn't exist. effective immediately.

I've got an awesome opening in Wichita. Pm/email me for details. *Username*@Yahoo.com

I'll post a full post from work tomorrow.

Citizen Z
Jul 13, 2009

~Hanzo Steel~

Not for me(I'm an overpaid CJ with good bennies, woo!) but for my wife.

Her experience: 5 years of PHP/SQL development. Fluent in PHP, Java, JSP, SQL, ASP, C and a bunch of other languages I can't remember.
What she's looking for: A development position
What she's NOT looking for: Any sort of IT support, something that is all Java
Where she live: Oklahoma City, OK
Where she's looking: Oklahoma City, OK and surrounding(North side preferably)
When she can start: Whenever + 2 week
Requirements: Full time permanent , decent vacation, more than 4 days vacation per year. Benefits would be nice.

PM me for details/a better description of her coding prowess. She's a sr. developer at her current place, but salary, benefits and general treatment are not commensurate.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

duz fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 7, 2013

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Who we are: NetApp

Where we are: Wichita, KS

What we are looking for: TSE's on multiple shifts.

How to apply: PM/AIM/Email me so I can put in a referral for you.
AIM is same as username.
Gmail: David.Seltzer at gmail dot com
We are interviewing as we speak.

Feel free to browse our careers site for other opportunities worldwide.
NetApp Careers
Just let me know and I'll gladly put in a referral.

Why you should work here
Did I mention we are #6 on Forbes top 100 places to work? We've been #1 before.
We are an awesome company, with all sorts of awesome benefits Check them out here!
Free Starbucks cappucino machine in the cafeteria, and Starbucks drip everywhere else.
Cheap and good eats in said cafeteria. (Today was chicken curry, rice and naan)
Onsite Gym.
Free fruit on Wednesdays.
Free bagels Friday's.
:woop:Friday Afternoon Beer Bash:woop:
Awesome compensation including insurance, retirement, and stock.
I'm currently in this position now, so we'd be co workers.
There is plenty of opportunity for growth worldwide.
Training happens often, and there are plenty of opportunities for specialization/growth.

Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer you provide support for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. You will troubleshoot protocols running on NetApp hardware to assist customer with problem isolation and resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated selfstarter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.

Essential Functions:
Resolve Warranty, Top Enterprise and SupportEdge Premium customer problems via the telephone, the web or Autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the
customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or
Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learnings for reuse throughout
the center.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering
team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Begin to focus on an area of technical specialization and attend classes, complete lab projects, read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.

Job Requirements:
NetApp is looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's Degree or higher and experience administering a SAN/Network environment. Candidate must have in depth file system knowledge. Experience with Windows and Linux server Operating Systems is a
requirement; it would be nice if the candidate also knew Solaris, HP,
or AIX.
A candidate with SAN knowledge/certifications would be ideal. This would include Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, virtualized environments, and RAID.
The successful candidate would know how to capture Network Trace, using Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, and possibly even perform trace analysis.

Also:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order
work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of some of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- TCP/IP
- Networking
- RAID
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Veritas software.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as: RAID storage, backup and recovery,Exchange DR, Linux, AIX, or networking; including at least 2 years of experience working in that particular specialty.

Responsibility and Interaction:

- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks. This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.

- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.

- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as ongoing review of activities and priorities.

- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.

Education & Experience: (you know how reqs are, there is flexibility)
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field; or 5 + years of experience in UNIX, Windows networking administration or technical support is required.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 6, 2012

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

drat this sounds like something I would love, but the drat the location.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Moey posted:

drat this sounds like something I would love, but the drat the location.

You could live in Wichita with me! :3:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

rscott posted:

I picked up everything and moved here from Orlando, FL for this job, it's pretty worth it if you have the ability to move.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 6, 2012

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I'd be applying if I was even remotely qualified, but I have zero experience with SANs so good luck to goons!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

rscott posted:

I'd be applying if I was even remotely qualified, but I have zero experience with SANs so good luck to goons!

I had zero experience with SAN's before this job, if you've got good help-desk and other troubleshooting/soft skills the onramp for training is pretty lengthy.

Edit: Hit me up over IM, lets talk and see.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

toplitzin, do you know anything about the HQ in Sunnyvale? I took a look at your site and the positions open in Wichita weren't a good fit for me but some of the engineer positions were.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

AgentSythe posted:

toplitzin, do you know anything about the HQ in Sunnyvale? I took a look at your site and the positions open in Wichita weren't a good fit for me but some of the engineer positions were.

What do you want to know? I can ask just about anyone. My trainer this week used to be in Sunnyvale.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

rscott posted:

First order of action would be to strangle your "IT Guy" roommate with Cat6.

toplitzin posted:

I picked up everything and moved here from Orlando, FL for this job, it's pretty worth it if you have the ability to move.

I am in a position where I could, but am trying to hold out for 6 more months or so (riding a good job title and going to finish up some awesome projects), then start seriously looking in the Colorado area.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

AgentSythe posted:

I work from home (Tulsa, OK) for a company based in Sunnyvale. They bring me in periodically. I can answer questions about the general area, from the perspective of someone who's new to the area, if you'd like.

Just a quick rundown:
It's Suburban As gently caress. I like it that way. I'm not a big fan of crowded cities. They're fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. But what do I know? I'm 30 and married with kids. Young single folks would probably hate it for the same reason I like it.

Sunnyvale is also a surprisingly pretty town. Granted, I haven't seen everything, but there's lots of trees and it's generally clean and feels very safe. It's also within about an hour's drive (or a bit more by train) of San Francisco proper. About 30-45 minutes from most of San Jose. When I visit, travel all over the bay to do stuff in the evenings.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Moey posted:

(riding a good job title and going to finish up some awesome projects)

Like what, building your own handcart/pc trolley?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

toplitzin posted:

Like what, building your own handcart/pc trolley?

:(

We just got approved for and signed up for a colo, so I am putting together all the poo poo out there for a few ESXi servers and some shared storage, along with all the networking + VPN back to the main office for replication. Also just starting a VDI project, that looks like I will finally be able to get two new servers with VMware View running.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

That is sort of what I expected the city to be like. Thank you for the response. As far as the NetApp HQ goes, I guess is the atmosphere the same as what you experience in Wichita? I realize most of what I would want to know falls under the "YMMV" category because it all depends on your superiors/department/nature of the work, but just a general overview of what it's like, likes and dislikes and so forth.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I just started here in KS a few weeks ago, but so far, everyone at the company is more than friendly. Our badges are designed so that people can recognize and call you by your first name.

I've had more people come by my desk and introduce themselves here than at any other job before. We've had paintball battles and grill outs and management's and co workers houses.

Everyone is keen to work, and work hard, but also takes the same to playing hard.

For more on the corporate life and such, check out some of the NetApp Stories on the website.
http://www.netapp.com/us/careers/life/

FWIW, this office is a recent acquisition, so it's only been NetApp for a year, so the culture may not have gotten here completely yet.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 7, 2012

Unsound Logic
Jul 12, 2002

"Why don't you mosey along, pardner."

Who we are: Western University of Health Sciences
Where: Pomona, CA
Title: Senior Network Engineer / Architect
Job Posting: https://jobs.westernu.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=138122
Description:(from posting)
Lead and oversee functions of Network Infrastructure Team, Telecommunications, and Server and Applications groups that work within Network Operations. Provide campus-wide network / telecommunications (LAN & WAN) design, integration, configuration, implementation, troubleshooting, support, and maintenance. Reports to the Director of Network Operations.
---

The environment is fairly laid back and the benefits are EXCELLENT (2 paid weeks off at Christmas!). Also, excellent co-workers. Feel free to apply through the link.

If you have any questions just send me a PM.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

EDIT: updated to add more slots, see below.

piss boner fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 15, 2012

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Who we are: Schibsted Classified Media
Where: Stockholm (Sweden)
Title: Web backend developer, UX/Web designer
Job Posting: See links.

This might be a long shot, but might as well post it here as well. My team is hiring a talented backend web developer and a UX/Web designer. Currently we've launched classified ad websites in growth markets based on an existing platform, right now we're live in 15 countries. We're also about to start work on some new fun projects in these markets.

We're a small autonomous team in a bigger media house with a great team feeling, nice perks, great office location in central Stockholm and some really talented people. We're fairly international and our working language is English. I'm the team lead and you can PM me, or use the contact links in the postings.

luminalflux fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 7, 2012

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

piss boner posted:

GIS Technician, Fort Bragg, NC

If Bragg weren't so far away, I'd go for this. TS wouldn't be a problem, I could probably get the 8570, but god that drive would suck rear end.

ElvisG
Aug 18, 2004

piss boner posted:

All require TS clearance & DOD 8570 IAT-II:

Storage Area Network (SAN) Administrator, Darmstadt, Germany

I'm just curious cause I've heard this is true in many jobs that require a TS. If I don't know crap about SAN but I had a TS and was willing to relocate to Germany, would I be a possible candidate? I heard that, because of cost of a TS, majority of jobs that require a TS|SCI or Poly will train the individual if one doesn't apply that has the necessary skill set.

Also, what if a person had a active secret or out-of-scope secret?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I guess this is worth a shot seeing as how my college isn't an offering internships or jobs currently.

I'm looking for a basic helpdesk position or any entry level IT job. I live close to Los Angeles. I have my A+ and network+ certifications. My strongest skill set is windows desktop and network troubleshooting. I've worked as a dispatcher in the past so I have experience handling angry callers. I'll also accept any offers of internship as I'm really trying to build my experience and in particular I want to work more with servers.

I'll include my resume with my address and name removed as well.

I can be PMed right here or at dropsysa at gmail dot com

Thank you,

DropsySufferer fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 7, 2012

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

toplitzin posted:

FWIW, this office is a recent acquisition, so it's only been NetApp for a year, so the culture may not have gotten here completely yet.

I sent an email via my tonybarrett email address last night, did you get it?

Edit: doing my nightly trawl of the spam filter, seems it got caught there.

Matlock fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 8, 2012

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
edit: pulling this for now

Sepist fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 13, 2012

piss boner
May 17, 2003

ElvisG posted:

I'm just curious cause I've heard this is true in many jobs that require a TS. If I don't know crap about SAN but I had a TS and was willing to relocate to Germany, would I be a possible candidate? I heard that, because of cost of a TS, majority of jobs that require a TS|SCI or Poly will train the individual if one doesn't apply that has the necessary skill set.

Yes and no. For govt contractors, the governtment is the final say on minimum qualifications. If the company cannot meet the minimum qualifications on the contract, then they cannot bill your hours to the govt. So it depends on the govt quals. The govt can always lower the quals if a job has gone unfilled, but I haven't seen it happen.

quote:

Also, what if a person had a active secret or out-of-scope secret?

Are we talking about getting an upgrade to TS/SCI here? Not going to happen. Not unless you are over qualified and you company is willing to foot the bill, and I have not seen that happen in 2 years. In that case they were desperate to have the guy, because he is awesome (Masters in IT, 10+ yr experience & 20+ certifications) and no one would fill that slot because the location sucks rear end. He got his clearance and left - haha.

BelDin
Jan 29, 2001

piss boner posted:

Yes and no. For govt contractors, the governtment is the final say on minimum qualifications. If the company cannot meet the minimum qualifications on the contract, then they cannot bill your hours to the govt. So it depends on the govt quals. The govt can always lower the quals if a job has gone unfilled, but I haven't seen it happen.

Are we talking about getting an upgrade to TS/SCI here? Not going to happen. Not unless you are over qualified and you company is willing to foot the bill, and I have not seen that happen in 2 years. In that case they were desperate to have the guy, because he is awesome (Masters in IT, 10+ yr experience & 20+ certifications) and no one would fill that slot because the location sucks rear end. He got his clearance and left - haha.

Are they normally receptive to cross agency clearances? I have a DOE Q clearance (TS/SSBI) and I'm always paranoid that I have to explain what that is to DOD folks.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

BelDin posted:

Are they normally receptive to cross agency clearances? I have a DOE Q clearance (TS/SSBI) and I'm always paranoid that I have to explain what that is to DOD folks.

DOE and DOD both use OPM for SSBI, so I don't see why they wouldn't transfer, but the SSO here doesn't know how that would happen exactly. Your paranoia is all in your head, switch to decaf.

Nightwalker
Jun 18, 2005
Ok I'll bite:

My experience: Coming onto two years of Helpdesk in a multinational company now, started out as a phone jockey but have now gotten to a more senior position which is more so supervisory (looking after a country team of 5 people and training new starters)

Education/Certifications: BBa in International Business. MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring (70-680), ITIL v3 Framework

What I'm looking for: Pretty much anything besides helpdesk, currently with my experience/certifications a desktop support position would be a realistic aim. Aiming to move onto system administration in the future.

What I'm NOT looking for: 1st level helpdesk (although see below)

About me: Graduated with a business degree a few years back and the job market in my home country (Finland) was pretty much dead so moved abroad to work at a helpdesk in Czech Republic with the aim to gain experience/certificates so I can get into proper IT jobs on the future. Right now my girlfriend and I are planning on moving to NYC or DC area in the future, so I would also require a company to sponsor me for a H1B Visa, which I should qualify now. Hence why while I would not really prefer a helpdesk gig, if that was enough to get me a working visa, I'd definitely go for it.

Where I Live: Prague, Czech Republic (originally from Finland though)

Where I'm looking: Washington D.C or New York City area

When can I Start: Dependant on Visa

Can be reached via: rautiainen dot mika at gmail dot com

netmazk
Jun 15, 2003
-

netmazk fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 10, 2016

peep the tumblr
Jun 26, 2009
Posted on spreadsheet - Looking for an entry-level or paid intern position in or around the San Francisco bay area, ideally in software engineering. Will provide any missing info in e-mail (posted on spreadsheet)

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.
Who: Guidewire Software
Where: San Mateo, CA (Headquarters). Professional Services positions are primarily travel and you can be based anywhere in the US / Europe.
Title: Implementation Consultant

Hello!

Guidewire Software is a young company meeting the needs of an underserved market, and right now we need your help. I have been working with Guidewire Software Professional Services for the last three years helping implement our company's software at various locations around the USA and Europe, and right now we have more projects than we can handle and are aggressively hiring Services consultants.

What does this actually mean? Successful candidates will go to California for a month for training, followed by client engagements that can last anywhere between 6 and 18 months. Depending on your role, you can be responsible for anything from business analysis to solution design to actual implementation work (and if you're particularly lucky, all of the above!)

If this appeals to you, note that successful candidates generally have:
- a BS in a technical field
- 3 years of experience or more in an IT consulting position
- Insurance experience strongly preferred (but not required)
- Some sort of management experience strongly preferred, but not required (project management of small teams
- Willingness to travel. Almost all our projects are 80% travel or more.

Still with me? We typically break our consultants up between two tracks:
- Functional, who handle requirements gathering, user interface and business design, and implementation of user interfaces and business logic. This requires not only soft skills but also hard technical skills. The platform uses Gosu for its scripting language for building out screens and business logic. (http://gosu-lang.org/)
- Technical, who handle solution design and integration of the software to various edge systems (ESBs, web portals, data warehouses, operational reporting, various other internal systems, even mainframes!). Candidates must have an in-depth knowledge of Java to have success in this role.

Insterested? Click the links to read the full reqs and apply:

Functional EMEA: http://jobvite.com/m?3KBpmfwQ
Functional USA: http://jobvite.com/m?31Cpmfw8

Technical EMEA: http://jobvite.com/m?3sDpmfwA
Technical USA: http://jobvite.com/m?3TDpmfw1

If you have any questions, PM me here or email the address on the spreadsheet.

Check out our stock and read press / news here: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GWRE

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Looking for full-time Tier 1 support analyst for an enterprise software company.

Where: Mercer County, NJ

What: The job is primarily handling phone calls and emails, supporting our software. This is not a typical tier 1 helpdesk job. You will be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues, escalating tickets effectively, and providing constant updates to the people that need it.

Requirements: Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, some Oracle/SQL database experience, great troubleshooting and communication skills. Previous work experience in tech support preferred. Need to be flexible in your work hours.

Contact: PM me your resume or if you want more specific information.

Bob Jones
Mar 6, 2007
Nerve Stapled

One more position (I also added the other open prior positions to the spreadsheet):

What are we looking for?

Storage Administrator/Capacity Analyst (5 Day Shift 9am - 5pm)

Primary duties include:
• Managing FC fabric and IBM arrays (we have 5300s and are migrating to v7000s I believe)
• Doing analysis and trend reports for capacity/demand and other infrastructure health related issues
• I am told we use IBM SVC & TPC software to do things with and gather information from the infrastructure(I can get this further clarified)
• Assist in handling storage provisioning requests as needed
• Being part of a constant and sometimes overwhelming series of projects

Essential Requirements:
Know the above IBM storage products. The department is keen on sending people out to IBM and other training to get people up to speed on things in the environment but the hiring manager really needs someone with a good foundation. HR wants 5+ years experience, but don't let that stop you if you believe you know what you are doing.

Who are we?
A university in New York.

Where are we?
New York, NY

How do I apply?
Send your information to bobjones.sa at gmail. Note: I am not the hiring manager. I can certainly nudge the hiring manager to get you flagged important, but our HR department is like every other large HR department will still screen you. Have a good looking resume.

Bob Jones fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 13, 2012

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
Never mind, YotJ hit me!

Panthrax fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Urgent needs with my company, PM to get the ball rolling. These aren't jobs that my company is bidding on, these are open positions right now that need to be filled.

All require TS clearance & DOD 8570 IAT-II:

Storage Area Network (SAN) Administrator, Darmstadt, Germany
GIS Technician, Fort Bragg, NC
Feedpipe Developer/Integration Engineer Vacancy at Ft Gordon, GA
Systems Specialist: Ft. Hood, Ft. Indiantown, Ft. Huachuca, Ft. Bragg, Ft. Drum, Ft. Lewis & Hawaii (Schofield).

You will have to verify this with the recruiter, but you might be able to get away with just the Sec+ and have 6 months to get your 8570.

If this message is still here, the jobs aren't filled.