Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

I will do schticky to your body

OrangeGuy posted:

It tasted almost entirely like Omega-3 fatty acid fish extract. So, uh, I wouldn't really recommend it beyond being able to say "I tried eating lamb brains in India" or you really, really like the taste of generic fish.

Oddly enough, I don't regret it. I'm actually more glad to have actually tried it than miss out forever. Better to have eaten brains and lost than to have never eaten brains at all, right?

Sounds like an experience. I'd like to say I'd be able to try it but from what it looked like I don't know if I could. I have a weak stomach when it comes to bad looks and smells in food :( Kudos to you for being able to make it though, haha. You'll at least always have a story involving the consumption of brains, if nothing else.

On topic now:

Batman seems like a pretty lovely teacher. "I'm just gonna beat you up a bit for a few hours before telling you how to do this right." How much more training do you think Tails needs? And what the hell will "Cheeto man" teach him about, cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Cheeto man will teach him how to be cool so insults slide of him like water off a duck's back. Tails is no Silver, you know.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
What skills could Doug possibly teach? Must be why he's bottom rung

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Doug will teach Tails how to keep a journal and have a rich inner life. Roger Klotz's trolling getting you down? Escape into your Walter Mitty fantasies and rub one out to thoughts of Patty Mayonnaise.

This method of troll fighting will prove less effective than hand-to-hand combat and villains.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

How dare you

DurianGray
Dec 23, 2010

King of Fruits

Girafro posted:

Sounds like an experience. I'd like to say I'd be able to try it but from what it looked like I don't know if I could. I have a weak stomach when it comes to bad looks and smells in food :( Kudos to you for being able to make it though, haha. You'll at least always have a story involving the consumption of brains, if nothing else.

Brains can be really good, it just needs to be cooked properly. I had a goat brain curry from a Pakistani place once that was delicious. It tasted just like this dish of mussels (the shellfish) in a tomato based sauce that I've had from some Italian restaurants.

On topic, I read this whole thread in a day after having seen it originally in GBS a while ago. It's been quite the experience, but I don't regret it. I just can't wait to see where it all ends up :allears:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Doug will teach Tails how to keep a journal and have a rich inner life.

Well, Doug won't teach Tails anything, actually.

About Arthur and one or two others: they were shown as being members but weren't in the list of "Bosses". Does this mean Tails won't train with them? Then again, Doug and Skeeter weren't on the list of bosses, and they had to be specifically excluded, so perhaps Tails will train with them after all. But I fail to see what could be learned from Arthur. Stay positive and play nice? "Believe in yourself, for that's the place to start"?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

simplefish posted:

But I fail to see what could be learned from Arthur. Stay positive and play nice? "Believe in yourself, for that's the place to start"?

Woostock taught how to dodge bullets so maybe Arthur teaches hacking or something?

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Arthur will teach him the rhythm of tails' heart, feet, and street.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Girafro posted:

And what the hell will "Cheeto man" teach him about, cheese?

Perhaps the greatest lesson of self-understanding; that the state of his own very being, one that is analogous to the very nature of what it is to be akin to cheese itself, and how, paralleling the challenge and conflict they now face and are thusly preparing for, it can be accurately, and, perhaps optimistically, thought of as persistently difficult.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

simplefish posted:

About Arthur and one or two others: they were shown as being members but weren't in the list of "Bosses". Does this mean Tails won't train with them? Then again, Doug and Skeeter weren't on the list of bosses, and they had to be specifically excluded, so perhaps Tails will train with them after all. But I fail to see what could be learned from Arthur. Stay positive and play nice? "Believe in yourself, for that's the place to start"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5PkGVaqWeY

Girafro posted:

Batman seems like a pretty lovely teacher. "I'm just gonna beat you up a bit for a few hours before telling you how to do this right."

To be fair this is pretty much every anime teacher ever.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Girafro posted:

And what the hell will "Cheeto man" teach him about, cheese?

Judging from the commercials I've seen, Cheeto Man's there to teach Tails how to be a passive aggressive douchebag.

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

Aramek posted:

Perhaps the greatest lesson of self-understanding; that the state of his own very being, one that is analogous to the very nature of what it is to be akin to cheese itself, and how, paralleling the challenge and conflict they now face and are thusly preparing for, it can be accurately, and, perhaps optimistically, thought of as persistently difficult.

How could I have missed that, it's clearly the most useful talent tails will develop in the course of his training. Thank you for opening my eyes, I feel so foolish to have missed it.

DrManiac posted:

To be fair this is pretty much every anime teacher ever.

Touche. Maybe the Japanese should try adapting a different method of educating their cartoon characters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Don't give the Japanese all the credit. How do you think Batman trained all those Robins'?

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

Oh, so it is Batman then. Yeah he's a pretty lovely teacher after all. Although who can blame him since his parents are dead?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Doug will teach Tails how to keep a journal and have a rich inner life. Roger Klotz's trolling getting you down? Escape into your Walter Mitty fantasies and rub one out to thoughts of Patty Mayonnaise.

This method of troll fighting will prove less effective than hand-to-hand combat and villains.

Doug will teach him how to bob and dart in combat with the skill of a quail. Jumping in and out of conveniently placed shrubbery like a ninja.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Unguided posted:

Doug will teach him how to bob and dart in combat with the skill of a quail. Jumping in and out of conveniently placed shrubbery like a ninja.

Three words.

Patience. Intelligence. Speed.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Where Batman teaches how to attack, Arthur teaches when to retaliate.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Die Laughing posted:

How do you think Batman trained all those Robins?

Oh god, you just made me realize something. We haven't seen a Robin yet, which, in the case of this comic, probably means they were all raped to death. :ohdear:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I like how lazerbot just called him "Cheeto man" and not Chester Cheetah

EDIT: wait a second....

the wikipedia article posted:

Chester Cheetah makes a cameo appearance in Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog series.
:aaaaa: my god

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 8, 2012

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.
Almost done reading through the thread now. I just want to point out that this, from 30 pages ago,

Sleekly posted:

It's going to be the biggest AH HA moment for someone who has noticed the avatars before they find this thread. I almost envy them, but at this point in the game I've become a thrall to Tails trolling tale and can't imagine not knowing about it and checking the thread daily.

is spot-on. Then I started reading, and now I'm a thrall as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

simplefish posted:

Well, Doug won't teach Tails anything, actually.

Yes, but Pac-Man didn't say anything about learning from...

QUAILMAN!

Edit: Somewhat beaten.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well, Tails has been taught how to dodge and how to punch. I'm guessing he's going to be taught how to shoot, how to ambush, and how to react when called a talentless noob. Question is: who teaches what?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Oh god, you just made me realize something. We haven't seen a Robin yet, which, in the case of this comic, probably means they were all raped to death. :ohdear:

Robin and Nightwing and Batgirl were all trolls on the same team as Alfred. Maybe Tails is his new Robin??

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Judging from the commercials I've seen, Cheeto Man's there to teach Tails how to be a passive aggressive douchebag.

Yeah, which potentially could help one in a fight against trolls.

Not really on topic, but the commercial they've been running lately with the construction-site-dance-party cracks me up every time.

"I can see you."
"we know"

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Cheeto man is obviously a troll plant.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Fudd! :ohdear:

Nice to see the Justen Beaver sub-plot getting some closure, though.

Sue fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 8, 2012

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
i want you to punch my hand

respek knuckles

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
Punch my hand or other hard suffuses.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Callusing hands is an actual martial arts technique, but bro-fisting until your hands get as hard as iron is metal as gently caress.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
A belated Emler's Choice!

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

'Suffuses'.

Guys, I think Lazerbot may actually have Homestar Runner's voice in real-life. This explains all the 'was' too :allears:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

"you all call him by the name justin beaver"

Well then what was his TRUE name??

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
Fudd is not going to do a very good job of being Doctor Eggman...

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
You see there is no option for you to make here ,

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010
If only Fudd had his wabbit :ohdear:

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp
Bruce Wayne and the secret of the one inch punch.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

God drat Batmans head is big in that one panel

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I never knew that playing bloody knuckles in middle school was really a super secret Batman training technique. Did he mean surfaces for 'suffuses'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Who ever said they wanted him for Eggman was right! Congrats!