Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It was outright stated, though? There was no guessing involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It was outright stated, though? There was no guessing involved.

That last panel

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
Okay, I HAVE to point this out. I'm not even lying, I really like the character design for the Troll King. But compared to everyone else in the comic, the Troll King is the most consistently drawn character. As in, Lazerbot tends to draw him well. Consistently. His head is consistent, his hair is consistent, his facial features are consistent. All well drawn! I look at that mug and say "That's good, unique character design!"

But then I look at meltyface Batman and it just baffles me. Because Batman is basically just a square with two pointy ears, triangles for eyes and a line for a mouth. I don't get it. Is he just better at drawing things that come out of his own head?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Also maybe I'm dumb but why is having your fists beaten, malformed and mishapen so your knuckles are straighter a good thing?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Calico Heart posted:

Also maybe I'm dumb but why is having your fists beaten, malformed and mishapen so your knuckles are straighter a good thing?

Worked in Kill Bill

elitebuster
Dec 26, 2010

I know its super dooper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Calico Heart posted:

For all we know, Batman in this universe may not be the highly-trained martial artist we are familiar with, but just some crazy rich guy in a funny suit.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What if that Batman was actually Clayface, and that's why he keeps changing shape? And figuring out that he's Clayface, that's the REAL lesson Batman is teaching.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 9, 2012

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I was putting together some sound files for Roundabout Route (the goon who made the Space Jam remixes of my songs) and I figured I'd post them here for everyone if they wanted to play around, too:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gm9kn0o72ua01

You've got access to:

1 - Tails Gets Trolled (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
2 - The Troll Slaiyers (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
3 - Name of the Trolls (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
4 - Your Next (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
5 - The Word of Death (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)
6 - Troll Off (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup #1, Backup #2)
7 - Get Use to It (Instrumental, Lead Vocals, Backup)

Since the instrumental tracks are there, you can treat them like karaoke tracks if you want to make your own cover versions or whatever.
Enjoy and have fun!

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 9, 2012

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I really hope that Fudd uses his powers on justen beaver's penis :gonk:.

I mean, it should work as long as they didn't cut off the head. :barf:

(I'd like to take this moment to apologize for this post in advance.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Callusing hands is an actual martial arts technique, but bro-fisting until your hands get as hard as iron is metal as gently caress.

Friends of mine were drunk enough to try this for the better part of a night.
It didn't give them super powers or brick hands, just a painful swelling the next morning.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

FadingChord posted:

What the gently caress is this? gently caress you, you loving weirdo creep.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FadingChord posted:

Bah, lazerbot is too highbrow for such things.

Gaseous Snake posted:

That last panel

I prefer the one in this page.

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

Calico Heart posted:

My friend does this all the time after having watched some martial arts videos and I Just Don't Get It. Do your joints grow back stronger after you abuse them like that? Does human body work that way? Somehow I doubt it.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:
Rob always makes the most heroic faces.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to the audio track of Chapter 3 I now have the perfect mental voice for Troll King when I read new pages. :woop:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

glod posted:

Rob always makes the most heroic faces.

"i promise i will save you friend" is like my favorite panel in the whole story, I swear. Rob is so cool :allears:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

woodenchicken posted:

My friend does this all the time after having watched some martial arts videos and I Just Don't Get It. Do your joints grow back stronger after you abuse them like that? Does human body work that way? Somehow I doubt it.

You get tiny little fractures in your bones, and when they heal up the bone is slightly stronger. It takes a long time to work though.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Slime posted:

You get tiny little fractures in your bones, and when they heal up the bone is slightly stronger. It takes a long time to work though.

It's something to do with calcification, but I could be entirely out of my gourd.

I'm desperately trying to resist the urge to do fan-art since we haven't had any in a while. There's so much brilliant material I'm not sure what to pick for a single image. Can somebody toss me an idea?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Do a heroic mural of Rob dragon-shouting at trolls.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Make a Bayeux Tapestry style piece featuring the Neutrals, Satanists and Christians

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

Make a Bayeux Tapestry style piece featuring the Neutrals, Satanists and Christians

I support this. Warren Ellis mentioned that comics are descendents of tapestries like it. Okay, it was a half-joke blurb in an issue of Nextwave but he's right anyway.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The transition in this panel from Tails training at bloody knuckles to the Troll King beating Elmer Fudd is probably the most cinematic thing he's done yet.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Lazerbot is actually really really good at drawing expressions, isn't he? Look at the pissed-off expression on Rob's face in panel 2, and his expression of sort of resignation in panel 10. They're really perfect.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Am I the only person who loves the
mean
while

Every time I see it I read it in the voice from the Super Friends.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

The concept is actually fairly accurate, though not the way you've interpreted it. Shaolin monks actually undergo training that is quite similar as part of their body-strengthening routine. It's called Iron Body

quote:

The iron body is a skill in Shaolin kung fu that takes many years of hard training to develop. The concept is simple: By doing small amounts of damage to your body, your body becomes tougher and eventually becomes as tough as iron. This technique also employs Wolff's law, which says every time a bone fractures or breaks, it becomes stronger after it heals. Start by lightly hitting yourself all over your body with your fists a couple of hundred times daily for one year. The next year, you do the same thing except with a cotton bag full of mung beans. Eventually, after many years, you work your way up to bamboo sticks, boards and iron bars. The goal is to only hit yourself hard enough that you feel it but not actually cause injury.

Lazerbot has essentially described the same thing - he never said you need to turn your fist into pulp for it to work, just hit something repeatedly, though calling it bloody knuckles probably threw people off seeing as that's a kid's game.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I believe there are things called "makiwara boards" (could be way off there) that are essentially a wooden plank covered in some thin padding that are used to strengthen your punches. Batman is just skipping the middleman and using his own fist. Like the comic said, bloody knuckles helps train you to keep your wrist straight when punching. If your alignment is off when you punch, and the fist you are punching is stronger/straighter/better aligned, you're gonna feel it on impact. It's real easy to gently caress your wrist up throwing punches if you're not careful.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

Oh yeah, I understand the toughening up of bones and all, but the thing was Batman's reasoning was that it "straigtened your knuckles"

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Calico Heart posted:

Oh yeah, I understand the toughening up of bones and all, but the thing was Batman's reasoning was that it "straigtened your knuckles"

It said straightens, but you're failing to do the necessary substitution of similar sounds. Pretty sure it's meant as "strengthens."

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My uncle did training like that. He'd hit a wooden board every day until his fist hurt so bad he couldn't hit it again. Broke his pinkie, but he didn't stop so the knuckle fused. Not exactly a PLUS, but this type of training can straighten your knuckles!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I enjoy the segue from Batman's fist / talking about punching to the Troll King punching / talking about punching Elmer Fudd. Bravo, lazerbot.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Mo Tzu posted:

My uncle did training like that. He'd hit a wooden board every day until his fist hurt so bad he couldn't hit it again. Broke his pinkie, but he didn't stop so the knuckle fused. Not exactly a PLUS, but this type of training can straighten your knuckles!

That's pretty neat. Did he ever punch a bull to death?

Because that was kind of that dude's specialty.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Mo Tzu posted:

It's the same concept that real men use to train. Your uncle's training went further than you know. :madmax:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbvbwLRDn4#t=10m

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
No, but he did do this;

(not blood uncle, I should specify)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mo Tzu posted:

My question is what if you get attacked while your hand is still broken or in pain? Kind of defeats the purpose of training, doesn't it?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

simplefish posted:

My question is what if you get attacked while your hand is still broken or in pain? Kind of defeats the purpose of training, doesn't it?

E: All right that was uncalled for.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 10, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

How so?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Martial arts aren't home defense tools. People generally don't undertake martial arts training because they're constantly under threat of attack. It's about pushing one's limitations to be able to perform in controlled circumstances, or in some cases, during warfare. Mas Oyama trained alone in a mountain shack for years, punching trees and eating high protein diets and living with basically nothing. Why on earth would anyone attack him?

It's like saying Boot Camp is useless because what if someone attacks the rookies while they're disassembling their guns??

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I don't think someone's an idiot for not knowing every little thing about martial arts. I hardly can name more than 3 types of martial arts let alone know why one would break their hands on purpose.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Suzuki Method posted:

I don't think someone's an idiot for not knowing every little thing about martial arts. I hardly can name more than 3 types of martial arts let alone know why one would break their hands on purpose.

All right fair enough, edited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Martial arts aren't home defense tools. People generally don't undertake martial arts training because they're constantly under threat of attack. It's about pushing one's limitations to be able to perform in controlled circumstances, or in some cases, during warfare. Mas Oyama trained alone in a mountain shack for years, punching trees and eating high protein diets and living with basically nothing. Why on earth would anyone attack him?

It's like saying Boot Camp is useless because what if someone attacks the rookies while they're disassembling their guns??

I wasn't talking about people like Mas Oyama or Mo Tzu's uncle - the quotation was one which contained a reference to injury. Your analogy's off the mark too. It's more like saying what if someone attacks your soldiers on the front line after you run them ten miles for practice. Boot camp suggests they're in the middle of training in a safe, controlled threat-less environment.

But that's not even what I was trying to say.

In the context of the comic, Tails is going to go and attack the trolls in the near future. So yes, an injury lasting days is counter-productive.

e: Ah, you posted while I was typing. Yeah I was unclear in my quotation choice.