Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

zari-gani posted:

A map of where they currently are. They say if you drop by within the next hour and a half you may be able to have some of Abe's cooking!

Fukuoka :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Arino called back.

"I got a call from Mr. Takeshi. May I speak with him?"

Inoue making smalltalk with Arino as Beat Takeshi as Kan and Abe crack up.

Kan cutting the phone call short. "You called while Abe was telling his stories. He was at a good part."

Kan apologizing to Italians as Abe talks about his experience with an Italian who was a total liar (while he was working in Italy).

That's it!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Now that it's over, here's Kan's slideshow of embarrassing staff photos.

Kan

Abe

Abe's dad and baby Abe

Abe, on the left

Abe

Tanii

Tanii

Kibe forced into drag in school

Fukawa

Urakawa, age 5

Urakawa

Inoue, junior high

Inoue, university

Katayama and Inoue at a maid cafe, 2011

Watanabe, on some sort of zipline?

Nakayama and Tsuruoka

Emoto and Ito, for the Pilotwings live

Katayama in his room

Takahashi, on the right

Itou (the newest AD)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

zari-gani posted:

Inoue, university

Oh good god. What exactly in the hell is he doing here? It's like some bizarre sort of a... I have no clue, but I think he's trying to be a stripper or a female pop star from the 90s or something.

You know, I'd be curious to see how Abe became a camera man if he is apparently a really good chef.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

zari-gani posted:

Urakawa, age 5

Urakawa
Little did anyone know, that this young boy would grow up into the greatest gamer that ever lived.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I like how Kan has had the same hair literally from birth.

Also Baby Abe on a motorcycle is pretty much exactly what'd you'd expect from Abe.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Drakkel posted:

Also Baby Abe on a motorcycle is pretty much exactly what'd you'd expect from Abe.
I was about to say, it is obvious that the apple did not fall far from the tree. He should get his own show where he rides a motorcycle around Japan, telling his life story between cooking challenges with local delicacies.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

I was about to say, it is obvious that the apple did not fall far from the tree. He should get his own show where he rides a motorcycle around Japan, telling his life story between cooking challenges with local delicacies.

Funnily enough, that's a format that already exists!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Why didn't they make the show viewable for later... :negative:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cemetry Gator posted:

You know, I'd be curious to see how Abe became a camera man if he is apparently a really good chef.

Cameramen are usually really versed in not being cameramen on the side. It's less of a "I want to be a cameraman when I grow up" job and more of a vocational "Well I was going to be an astrophysicist, buuuuuut" profession of necessity.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Kan tweeted that Gascoin Radio will be re-broadcast on a later date!

A fan who was at the Touhoku-Iwate event on May 27th took some good photos. He took one of all the items on display at the "Petit GCCX Museum" there.

Gallery 1
6: shikishi boards used in Yoiko's new years Kirby challenge.
7: Headband used during Battletoads.
8: A pinwheel used in Mito Koumon.

Gallery 2
1: Character magnets drawn by AD Takahashi used in Jinguuji Saburou/Jake Hunter.
2: Results from the game the staff played for the mobile site, where they draw game characters from memory.
3: Made-up Famicom games used in this season's "Living Natural Treasure Arino" segment.
4: Illustration used in the DVD's City Connection challenge.
5: Above, part 2.
6: My 40th birthday poster. Hey, they finally wrote my name in Japanese.
7: Takahashi's homemade "credit roll machine" that didn't make it onto the birthday live.
8: Logos for past segments. Designed by Arino.

Gallery 3
1: Inoko MAX's San Francisco shirts worn during the USA trip.
2: Phrase translation flashcards used on overseas trips.
3: The infamous goo pig from the Korea trip.
4: A video of "Chief Fighter" along with the lyrics.
5: A Gegege Kitaro strategy guide drawn by AD Itou.
6: Quest of Ki stage dioramas made by Tsuruoka.
7: The nurse call featured in Zombie Nation.
8: The Lemmings stage number + difficulty rating display used during the 24 hour challenge.

Gallery 4
1: The ocarina used in Ocarina of Time and baseball cap wornin Koshien.
2: Character magnets drawn by AD Itou used in Hokkaido Serial Murders.
3: Several faxes received during the birthday live.
4: Official downloadable Arino Mii for the 3DS.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 8, 2012

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

PkerUNO posted:

Funnily enough, that's a format that already exists!
I know, that is partly why I want to see Abe's take on it! The Hairy Bikers actually ran on TV here in Sweden a while back, but since I do not have a television set I missed out.

zari-gani posted:

A fan who was at the Touhoku-Iwate event on May 27th took some good photos. He took one of all the items on display at the "Petit GCCX Museum" there.
I really like it when shows save materials and mementos from episodes like this. Thanks for link zari-gani!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
So I've fallen behind on watching GCCX. Really behind. Does anyone have a list of what episodes have been translated since January?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

Gallery 4
1: The ocarina used in Ocarina of Time and baseball cap wornin Koshien.
2: Character magnets drawn by AD Itou used in Hokkaido Serial Murders.
3: Several faxes received during the birthday live.
4: Official downloadable Arino Mii for the 3DS.

I'm pretty sure that's my fax at the top center of picture three! :D

Wandering Knitter posted:

So I've fallen behind on watching GCCX. Really behind. Does anyone have a list of what episodes have been translated since January?

056 - Flashback
058 - Bonk's Adventure
DVD4 - Bomberman
NC7 - Mario Kart
012 - Takeshi's Castle
062 - Kid Dracula
089 - Lemmings
Lemmings 24 hour special
127 - Pac Man 2
094 - Go by Train!
085 - The Genji and the Heike Clans
046 - Megaman
090 - Dragon Buster
051 - Sword of Musashi
091 - Kid Kool
047 - Wagan Land
113 - Night of the Sickle Weasel
Arino's 40th Birthday Compilation
072 - Yuuyu's Quiz de Go! Go!
095 - Street Fighter 2010

Things have been a bit slower since zari-gani had to retranslate a bunch of episodes for the US DVD release coming in September and she also had to do the two part Shiren the Wanderer episode for it.

I was thinking of Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt myself...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 9, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

I really like it when shows save materials and mementos from episodes like this. Thanks for link zari-gani!
I was about to post the same thing. I'm even more surprised about some of the stuff they kept like some of the drawings they did for challenges.

Also, how big is the autograph shirt Inoko MAX used in the US trip? It looks pretty huge in that picture.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

I'm pretty sure that's my fax at the top center of picture three! :D

Nice! I'm trying to find more photos of the faxes. Here's another one. Pretty low-res, but you can see the "Keep Calm and Kacho On" among other international faxes in there.

Also, I think Inoko MAX's "t-shirt" is actually meant to be sleepwear...

ETA: It seems everyone who attended the event were told not to leak any info about the game he played on stage (there's going to be a mini documentary about it later this season), but I just came across someone's blog where they plainly spoiled the game AND the end result.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does anyone have a bigger/clearer pic of that Arino Mii poster? Totally wanna scan that code.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does anyone have a bigger/clearer pic of that Arino Mii poster? Totally wanna scan that code.

Is it shameful to admit I tried to scan it with my 3DS and failed miserably?

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Nice! I'm trying to find more photos of the faxes. Here's another one. Pretty low-res, but you can see the "Keep Calm and Kacho On" among other international faxes in there.

Eeee! That one's mine! Or ours! Whatever! I'm just so glad that it got through. Those online fax services are so finicky! Thanks so much for finding that image, ZariGani.

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008
Paris-Dakar Rally is not a racing game. Also, that game is junk.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

poo poo I wish I could understand Japanese. Someone record these things and translate them for me. :(

I do love that the staff are all buds on GCCX, it makes the whole show so much more awesome than if it was just purely an Arino showfest. The cameraman, director and producer are all minor celebs now. That is so great.

zari-gani posted:

Kibe forced into drag in school

Well this was completely unsurprising. 'Forced' into drag. Whatever you say, Kibe.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Corridor posted:

Well this was completely unsurprising. 'Forced' into drag. Whatever you say, Kibe.

...so I'm not the only one that kinda gets that vibe? Thank goodness.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

So you're saying that because you think he is gay it makes sense that he likes dressing up in women's clothes?

I suggest you don't go down this road.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mister Chief posted:

I suggest you don't go down this road.

Dude chill your pill, it's a loving joke.

or is there something you want to share with the thread

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
My gaydar pings every time I see Kibe on screen, but I can't tell if it's just a cultural misunderstanding or what. I also think he's the coolest of the behind the scenes guys. I love the segments that has he clearly designed around showing off his retro game knowledge or collection.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

xamphear posted:

My gaydar pings every time I see Kibe on screen, but I can't tell if it's just a cultural misunderstanding or what. I also think he's the coolest of the behind the scenes guys. I love the segments that has he clearly designed around showing off his retro game knowledge or collection.

He's totally my favourite. :allears: You can just tell GCCX is like his dream writing job or something.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Hes also the staff member who 'loves the show the most' apparently

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Kibe is a tremendous nerd. It's no wonder that the rest of us tremendous nerds can relate to him.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

welp, i think it's time we marry

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

GidgetNomates posted:

welp, i think it's time we marry

I got dibs on Abe. A biker chef? I'm fine with that. :colbert:

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

zari-gani posted:

Hooray! Thanks for the pic zari, and thanks for sending it in Erwin!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

Eeee! That one's mine! Or ours! Whatever! I'm just so glad that it got through. Those online fax services are so finicky! Thanks so much for finding that image, ZariGani.

Did you notice that your girlfriend's fax is in there too?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Wandering Knitter posted:

I got dibs on Abe. A biker chef? I'm fine with that. :colbert:

Don't you have dibs on the one guy in DIY who was building his house and could bake and blacksmith?

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Did you notice that your girlfriend's fax is in there too?

Yep! That's what I was most excited about. We were convinced it didn't send, especially because several others in the thread had similar problems. Hell, maybe more of theirs got through, too!

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
So apparently there's this amazing GameOn exhibition going on, and it's the best thing and you should check it out if it's near you.

Anyways, they even had a Game Center CX exhibit so I got some photos and Grawl thought they were not-lovely enough to post:

Is it bad that I wanna raid that display case? :ohdear:

SupSuper fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 10, 2012

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

SupSuper posted:

Anyways, they even had a Game Center CX exhibit so I got some photos and Grawl thought they were not-lovely enough to post:

Everyone loves GCCX pictures. Also according to SupSuper, the video that was playing in this video wasn't dubbed, but still has English text. Can someone explain that?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
If you watch the Cannes trip, they are showing footage from the original pilot for "Retro Game Master," which featured full production values, meaning they redid the overlays as well as dub the original soundtrack.

And then Kotaku got it, and whoever did their translation decided not to redo all that stuff.

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

xamphear posted:

My gaydar pings every time I see Kibe on screen, but I can't tell if it's just a cultural misunderstanding or what.

I think it's because Kibe looks exactly like a kindly, middle-aged lesbian.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Any idea what is going on in this video here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKr0GDTjcx4&sns=em

Just found it on Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cemetry Gator posted:

Oh good god. What exactly in the hell is he doing here? It's like some bizarre sort of a... I have no clue, but I think he's trying to be a stripper or a female pop star from the 90s or something.

Maybe he was also in the Jobraith fan club as well as the pro wrestling club.