Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hedera Helix posted:

The Moogle Charm from 6 was good to have for this very reason, although it would have been nice if people other than Mog could equip it.

edit: beaten

Played FFVI for the first time before this play through of FFIX, and I made my roomie put up with me using Mog (who I named Barf)at every available opportunity. Him and Snake-Eyes were my favorites.

Really fun game. Wish I discovered RPGs before Playstation. Earthbound is next on our two player RPG list. I'm interested in seeing what all the hype is about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:

ImpAtom posted:

Fanatic's Tower may as well be called "Did you get Moogle Charm? What, why not? Go and get it." It isn't even a fun dungeon, it's just a boring upwards slog even if you have the charm. I love FF6 but that dungeon is the biggest pile of poo poo.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't think I have ever done a legitimate run through Fanatic's Tower because of the Moogle Charm.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Die Laughing posted:

Played FFVI for the first time before this play through of FFIX, and I made my roomie put up with me using Mog (who I named Barf)at every available opportunity. Him and Snake-Eyes were my favorites.

Really fun game. Wish I discovered RPGs before Playstation. Earthbound is next on our two player RPG list. I'm interested in seeing what all the hype is about.

Don't try to take Earthbound seriously when you play it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also pretend you're 12 years old again.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I started replaying FF8 recently, got a limit break to do 9999 damage before even meeting Rinoa, slapped Enc-None on one of my guys and thought "Well, I guess I beat the game" and just sort of lost interest. It doesn't help that without that the only gameplay left is those dumb puzzle bits they throw in sometimes. The best part about the Card game is it has in-battle benefits too but if you're steamrolling the battles by mashing X then it kind of loses that.

I started to replay FF9 on the PS3 then remembered how slow the battles were and again, lost interest. I'll wait for them to make it Vita compatible because stuff like that is easier to deal with when you're not taking up the TV :v:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Sounds great! I don't think I'd be able to take it seriously even if it had my mom at gun point.

God I freaking love FFIX. Just got about halfway through Terra/Pandemonium. So, so good.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Wait, aren't you the guy who said the whole "You're Not Alone" bit with Zidane was terrible and out-of-character?

I might be wrong though so if I am, I apologize.

EDIT:
Well you were there but you weren't the one really bitching about the ending so I was kinda right and wrong.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 10, 2012

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Spiderman Hardhat avatar is occupied by at least 50 users by now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

The White Dragon posted:

The dungeons are actually really short and only give the visual illusion of being long (not to mention first-time-through syndrome where everything feels overwhelming and you're not sure what you need to do to progress). Even Oelivert, which seems gigantic, is like a ten-minute jog if you know what you're doing; it's only six or seven screens large, and that's counting both the room with the Moogle and the boss room. Memoria is, what, ten or twelve of varying length, plus four really short ones in the Crystal World. The encounter rate is a lot lower than you're suggesting, too, and you'll normally only get one or two encounters running from one end of a screen to the other unless you're thoroughly exploring an area.

I think the problem, and you might've touched on this in your let's play, is that battles are fairly slow to load in and actually start with all the camera pans and poo poo, so they give off the illusion of taking a while even after you break the game over your back and can one shot enemies and so on.

Die Laughing posted:

My roommate and I are playing FFIX, and I'm so happy that it's even better than I remember. I was fifteen when it came out, and was expecting some of the shine to have worn off, but we're having a great time.

Maybe I just don't explore the depths of the internet enough, but it seems like FFIX doesn't have the weird fanbase that a lot of the other FF's do. I have no problem with this.

I actually see the most praise for it out of all the PSX era Final Fantasies; I think someone in this thread called it a FF designed to play like those rose colored memories of earlier FFs, on a modern system, and I'd say they were spot on. It's got the right amount of homages, style, story, and combat with such a beautiful in-depth setting.

Reminder: Six more days to the Four Job Fiesta, I can't wait :D

Minera fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jun 10, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Die Laughing posted:

Sounds great! I don't think I'd be able to take it seriously even if it had my mom at gun point.

God I freaking love FFIX. Just got about halfway through Terra/Pandemonium. So, so good.

That whole segment is probably my favorite part of FFIX. From the alien nature of Terra, to the stunning organ in Pandemonium, to You're Not Alone, to Kuja flipping out and destroying a planet.

Amazing.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Don't play Earthbound; play Mother 3 instead.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Mother 3 wouldn't be anywhere near as enjoyable if you didn't play Earthbound first.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Himuro posted:

A lot of Mother 3's impact depends on you having played Earthbound first, or at least know the whole plot.

On the other hand, the battle system in Mother 3 is excellent, due to the rhythm-based attacks. Tapping the A button in time with the music allows you to score up to 15 more hits which get progressively weaker, although it isn't necessary to beat the game.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

That loving Sned posted:

A lot of Mother 3's impact depends on you having played Earthbound first, or at least know the whole plot.

On the other hand, the battle system in Mother 3 is excellent, due to the rhythm-based attacks. Tapping the A button in time with the music allows you to score up to 15 more hits which get progressively weaker, although it isn't necessary to beat the game.

The problem is that many of the later BGM are really difficult to nail down rhythm on, making the mechanic aggravating to work with sometimes.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
So since there was some discussion of FFXIV, would it be recommended to pick the game up? I've only played about 9 months of WoW and had a great time grouping up but hated all the waiting around in LFG if I wasn't in a guild. I also tried out EVE Online but got bored of all the sitting around when all I wanted to do was blow up spaceships, run missions, and scam pubbies with 100 other basement dwellers. Granted I wasn't a part of SA at the time and I still don't think I have a high enough post count or the mental capacity to understand EVE enough to enjoy it and get in the Goonswarm anyway.

My summers are particularly less exciting than the rest of the year so I have some extra time I normally wouldn't have. Not to mention I imagine there will be a bit of a wait for me to play Planetside 2 so I'm looking for something to hold me over.

Edit: Is there some kind of endgame? PvP? Should I shutup and go visit the MMOHMO thread? Basically, do people still play this for fun and killing monsters together or is it like WoW where the grind and the gear are the only motivations?

Yar The Pirate fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 10, 2012

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yar The Pirate posted:

So since there was some discussion of FFXIV, would it be recommended to pick the game up? I've only played about 9 months of WoW and had a great time grouping up but hated all the waiting around in LFG if I wasn't in a guild. I also tried out EVE Online but got bored of all the sitting around when all I wanted to do was blow up spaceships, run missions, and scam pubbies with 100 other basement dwellers. Granted I wasn't a part of SA at the time and I still don't think I have a high enough post count or the mental capacity to understand EVE enough to enjoy it and get in the Goonswarm anyway.

My summers are particularly less exciting than the rest of the year so I have some extra time I normally wouldn't have. Not to mention I imagine there will be a bit of a wait for me to play Planetside 2 so I'm looking for something to hold me over.

Here is the deal basically: The massive improvements to grouping (content search which will help auto-party you with people in your range) and about 60% of the content to do with that is coming in 2.0 which should launch septemberish.

That said, they are adding swaths of content to the game currently and will continue doing so to the release of 2.0. There are plenty of new goons on Sargantas who are starting all relatively recently and we're all more than happy to group up and do stuff. If you're interested the game+30 days free is 14 dollars direct download from SE and its occasionally on sale at amazon for about 8 bucks.

As far as actual gameplay goes, you level a lot faster than most other MMOs because you can switch classes/jobs at any time. They've added a lot of content intended to help you level faster and travel between places with relative ease. Due to jobs and classes having separate levels from each other unlike WoW or EVE a very large portion of unique content starts at level 30 out of 50.

Like FFXI, plot is fairly important to the game and with 2.0 the main questline, grand companies, and likely job questlines will be totally rewritten to reflect the coming cataclysm.

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012

Barudak posted:

Here is the deal basically: The massive improvements to grouping (content search which will help auto-party you with people in your range) and about 60% of the content to do with that is coming in 2.0 which should launch septemberish.

That said, they are adding swaths of content to the game currently and will continue doing so to the release of 2.0. There are plenty of new goons on Sargantas who are starting all relatively recently and we're all more than happy to group up and do stuff. If you're interested the game+30 days free is 14 dollars direct download from SE and its occasionally on sale at amazon for about 8 bucks.

As far as actual gameplay goes, you level a lot faster than most other MMOs because you can switch classes/jobs at any time. They've added a lot of content intended to help you level faster and travel between places with relative ease. Due to jobs and classes having separate levels from each other unlike WoW or EVE a very large portion of unique content starts at level 30 out of 50.

Like FFXI, plot is fairly important to the game and with 2.0 the main questline, grand companies, and likely job questlines will be totally rewritten to reflect the coming cataclysm.

Thanks for the help! I'll definitely look into this and if I do I'll put a message on the thread.

Edit: I'm trying to decide between Rift, getting into EVE again, FFXIV, or just sucking it up and playing something else. For some reason playing with awful pubbies on RO2 and any other multiplayer shooter I've got has burned me out. The cheap price for FFXIV has definitely piqued my interest though.

Yar The Pirate fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 10, 2012

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Mr. Maltose posted:

Mother 3 wouldn't be anywhere near as enjoyable if you didn't play Earthbound first.

I only played Earthbound for an hour and enjoyed Mother 3 just fine, thank you. :colbert:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yar The Pirate posted:

Edit: Is there some kind of endgame? PvP? Should I shutup and go visit the MMOHMO thread? Basically, do people still play this for fun and killing monsters together or is it like WoW where the grind and the gear are the only motivations?

I'm sure FF14 has changed it but if you hated LFG in WoW you would have shot yourself in FF11. I think I had nights where I'd log on, play for 5 hours, and be lower level than I started because I'd get one group after 3 hours, die once, delevel, and have to go back to sleep.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Barudak posted:

Is this an indication that there are story bits that any who play after 2.0 will never get to see, or are they at least leaving the 'important' bits in/giving it a polish?

Italax
May 10, 2012

Part of the problem.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm sure FF14 has changed it but if you hated LFG in WoW you would have shot yourself in FF11. I think I had nights where I'd log on, play for 5 hours, and be lower level than I started because I'd get one group after 3 hours, die once, delevel, and have to go back to sleep.

If you were one of a few of the melee classes you were pretty screwed getting parties. Same with Black Mages later on.

This is in comparison to classes like Bard or Red Mage, where they would get constant invites to stuff just by being online if they didn't choose to hide their details.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
FFXI's my favorite Final Fantasy game. Definitely the one I spent the most time on, by a lot. Like it was said earlier, the game had some incredibly broken gameplay, but nobody played it for that. If they told you it was better than WoW because of the gameplay and playing it was akin to being in an abusive relationship, they were either lying or talking out of their rear end. However, what it did have was possibly the coolest, most interesting world I've ever seen in a video game. Mass Effect is the only game I've played, before or since, that even comes close to having a world as cool as Vana'diel.

The game had its warts. Plenty of them. It was about as far from perfect as you could get. But there were enough cool things in the game to make me still love it. Maybe WoW is a better game on a technical level, yeah. But it's not close to my heart like FFXI was.

I think it's also ironic that the drat MMO one has possibly the best story out of all of them, but then again, Final Fantasy isn't exactly known for excellent storytelling. Having a silent protagonist instead of a whiny angsty teenager probably helped. (I guess it's only natural that my favorite JRPGs are Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG.) It was also wicked cool how they would delve into all the various nations' history and politics, and just about every nation had some pretty nasty skeletons in their closets.

Italax posted:

If you were one of a few of the melee classes you were pretty screwed getting parties. Same with Black Mages later on.

This is in comparison to classes like Bard or Red Mage, where they would get constant invites to stuff just by being online if they didn't choose to hide their details.

RDM was my main, and I can attest to this. Refresh, refresh, refresh.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
So, E3 is over. Did they release any info on X HD? Maybe a release date and if they're going to use the regular version that came out in the states or the international version.

How sad is it that the only game I'm looking forward to from Square already came out 10 years ago.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Cardboard Fox posted:

So, E3 is over. Did they release any info on X HD? Maybe a release date and if they're going to use the regular version that came out in the states or the international version.

How sad is it that the only game I'm looking forward to from Square already came out 10 years ago.

Are they going to do a 360 release of FFX HD? It would be nice for those of us without PS3s and don't want to buy a new PS2 because its old and won't read disks anymore. (Plus, achievements!) I'd really like a 360 release of FFXII International.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Are they going to do a 360 release of FFX HD?
They have't announced it; they've only announced editions for the PS3 and Vita. They may well port it over to the 360 like they did with FFXIII, though - I wouldn't bet on it in particular, though.

quote:

I'd really like a 360 release of FFXII International.
I don't think they'll even do a PS3 version of it, which means that a 360 version isn't terribly likely. I'm fairly sure that the only reason for FFX's re-release is that they know that it will sell.

As for E3, E3 sucked and no real news came out of it intentionally :)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Himuro posted:

Mother 3 was a pile of poo poo, Earthbound 4 lyfe :whatup:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Allan Assiduity posted:

As for E3, E3 sucked and no real news came out of it intentionally :)

There's always TGS. And when nothing is announced then, there's always next year's E3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mazed posted:

Is this an indication that there are story bits that any who play after 2.0 will never get to see, or are they at least leaving the 'important' bits in/giving it a polish?

As far as I can gleam from the letters from the current producer (who by the way is the reason FFXIV has become playable and looking to become a really good game and does an excellent job of listening, explaining his thoughts, and delivering on promises which every MMO needs to do) players post 2.0 will get the same story except their start point is post the impending cataclysm in the game. It will likely feature the same characters/main plots as the current storyline, it'll just be further along in the overarching tale.

For those of you curious about the Cataclysm thats impending, remember FFVII with meteor? The moon is about to slam into Eorzea the same way and there's no Aeris Gainsborough*.

*Aeris Gainsborough is, however, the screenshot name for Square Enix's White Mages.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 10, 2012

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I got really burned by FFXIV at launch, as I was a big fan of FFXI, and FFXIV was just so insanely bad. After I ragequit FFXI for 3 years around ToAU, I came back before Abyssea came out and had an absolute blast playing it for a year or two. The grind wasn't so insane, soloing was easier, there seemed to be less insanely demanding endgame, etc. Plus, I decided to play it casually with a much more chill group. FFXI was so much better, and it seemed like SE had learned from all their mistakes. I was super pumped for XIV, because I fully expected it to be all the things that were great about XI, minus all the lovely things about it. Hoo boy, was I in for a surprise.

It turns out, there is a reason for all of this. The reason why FFXI got so awesome all of a sudden was because its director, Hiromino Tanaka left it to work on FFXIV. And that is why FFXIV was such a huge, unmitigated disaster. He was such a dumbass, they fired him, send him back to XI, and grabbed the new FFXI team and made them work on XIV. Now, from what I hear, he is doing his damnedest to make FFXI suck rear end, whereas I'm having fun playing FFXIV now. FFXIV is still definitely a below average MMO and there are plenty of better games out there, but at least they're trying.

The crappy thing is though, now instead of having one good Final Fanasy MMO and one godawful one, we now have two pretty drat mediocre ones now. A friend of mine said that "Square-Enix is bad at MMOs" and that's not true at all - they have plenty of talented people who are great at MMOs. It's just Tanaka that is bad at MMOs. Unfortunately, he's the Senior VP of Square, and they've let him do huge amounts of damage to both games when he is a big fat clueless idiot.

Basically, Hiromino Tanaka is like videogame cancer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

Wait, aren't you the guy who said the whole "You're Not Alone" bit with Zidane was terrible and out-of-character?

I might be wrong though so if I am, I apologize.

EDIT:
Well you were there but you weren't the one really bitching about the ending so I was kinda right and wrong.

Getting mistaken for another hardhat Spider-Man never gets old. The "You're not alone." bit was great, and I refuse to hear otherwise.

I don't think the roomie has Mother 3, but I'll ask. We're playing these games on the original systems, so there's been a few problems with FFIX's FMVs, but luckily nothing major.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

I got really burned by FFXIV at launch, as I was a big fan of FFXI, and FFXIV was just so insanely bad. After I ragequit FFXI for 3 years around ToAU, I came back before Abyssea came out and had an absolute blast playing it for a year or two. The grind wasn't so insane, soloing was easier, there seemed to be less insanely demanding endgame, etc. Plus, I decided to play it casually with a much more chill group. FFXI was so much better, and it seemed like SE had learned from all their mistakes. I was super pumped for XIV, because I fully expected it to be all the things that were great about XI, minus all the lovely things about it. Hoo boy, was I in for a surprise.

It turns out, there is a reason for all of this. The reason why FFXI got so awesome all of a sudden was because its director, Hiromino Tanaka left it to work on FFXIV. And that is why FFXIV was such a huge, unmitigated disaster. He was such a dumbass, they fired him, send him back to XI, and grabbed the new FFXI team and made them work on XIV. Now, from what I hear, he is doing his damnedest to make FFXI suck rear end, whereas I'm having fun playing FFXIV now. FFXIV is still definitely a below average MMO and there are plenty of better games out there, but at least they're trying.

The crappy thing is though, now instead of having one good Final Fanasy MMO and one godawful one, we now have two pretty drat mediocre ones now. A friend of mine said that "Square-Enix is bad at MMOs" and that's not true at all - they have plenty of talented people who are great at MMOs. It's just Tanaka that is bad at MMOs. Unfortunately, he's the Senior VP of Square, and they've let him do huge amounts of damage to both games when he is a big fat clueless idiot.

That sounds about right. I got pulled into FFXIV by a friend due to it going for cheap on Amazon and he's already shared with us plenty of horror stories about the game's original form before they started the pre-2.0 revisions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

No joke, after 2.0 I'm totally ok with Naoki Yoshida being the producer of a single player game. The man seems to have a good grasp of what players find fun and how to put together a decent story. It doesn't hurt that he's also completely open about things that don't work and said on the record FFXIV was shamefully bad at launch.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

iastudent posted:

That sounds about right. I got pulled into FFXIV by a friend due to it going for cheap on Amazon and he's already shared with us plenty of horror stories about the game's original form before they started the pre-2.0 revisions.

Oh yeah. The game was laggy and the servers overpopulated, it was impossible to level because all the mobs were taken, the UI was even more awkward than FFXI's (and required you to open it to do things like opening doors and the like, sort of like Dragon Quest on the NES, something Final Fantasy loving ONE was known for streamlining) and it took like 10 seconds to open it, no autoattack, instead you had to repeatedly mash buttons, no content, just grinding and crafting, a limited amount of quests per day, and worst of all, no auction house, only 3 boring zones that were full of copy-pasted terrain, but a horrible disorganized bazaar system that required you to spend hours looking through a million peoples' shops.

The game was so bad, it was just mind boggling. I was seriously flabbergasted how anybody thought how any of these things were good ideas. Especially when they had already made a successful MMO a decade earlier. It was like it was made by aliens who had never seen a video game before.

I may be having fun with it now, but FFXIV's launch was one of the biggest disasters in videogames I had ever seen. Like, it was almost Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 level bad. It's playable now, and can definitely be enjoyable, but it's still pretty below average and lacks a lot of important features that its predecessor had 10 years earlier so I'm still not sure if I would recommend it to anybody, unless they have a lot of nostalgia for FFXI but either don't have the time to play the original, don't care to come back as their friends are gone, or pretty much finished everything in it. Also, mind you, I have a very strong tolerance to bad, mindless games as I actually enjoyed Sonic Unleashed and got like 20 hours into Dynasty Warriors Gundam. (Oh yeah, I also played FFXI religiously for years.)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just beat XIII-2 and from what I heard the ending was pretty dark. I mean right now it's playing the song and it looks like everything's going to be a-okay

Edit: Oh poo poo

Edit2: Oh gently caress this isn't good.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 10, 2012

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

(Oh yeah, I also played FFXI religiously for years.)

Sooner or later we all go back to our abuser.

<de-leveled>

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Gaseous Snake posted:

I just beat XIII-2 and from what I heard the ending was pretty dark. I mean right now it's playing the song and it looks like everything's going to be a-okay

Edit: Oh poo poo

Edit2: Oh gently caress this isn't good.

Hahaha. I love that ending so much!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Barudak posted:

Sooner or later we all go back to our abuser.

<de-leveled>

Honestly, I would love to. Thing is, I have no good reason to. A vast majority of my friends got bored and quit, SE decided to go really cheap and lazy and totally half rear end all new content (New areas? How about some palette swaps of old zones?) and they're really not doing anything cool with it anymore, and I've seen a vast majority of the game so far. Plus I work a lot of overtime (45+ hours a week sometimes) and I'm studying for an A+ Certification so I have no time to play it.

Sure, I would love to someday go back and finish ToAU and WoTG, but it's not something I ever loose sleep over. I got rank 10, beat Zilart, CoP and Apocalypse Nigh, so I basically finished the main storyline and thus, I've pretty much "beaten" FFXI. Everything else is just sidequest.

If SE actually did a few mini-expansions with new zones, that are actually new and not just palette swapped old zones that are "in the past" or "an alternate universe", I'd very seriously consider coming back. They've only been talking about the Far East, Mithran Homeland and the Far North for 10 years or so. Oh, and Everquest 1 is older than FFXI, less popular, and that game still gets expansions. If all they're going to do with FFXI from now on is UI adjustments and voidwatch, I'm afraid I'm not too interested.

I want Square to give me a reason to play that game. They're just not giving me a reason to. (Or anyone else for that matter, from what I've heard, it's hemorrhaging subscriptions lately.)

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 10, 2012

Miracon
Jan 1, 2010

Allan Assiduity posted:

I don't think they'll even do a PS3 version of it, which means that a 360 version isn't terribly likely. I'm fairly sure that the only reason for FFX's re-release is that they know that it will sell.

I think that SE would consider a FFXII HD if FFX sells well. It's also promising that FFXII's development team originally wanted to put a job system in the game, but decided not to for some reason. 12 IZJS is the version that plays the way they wanted it to, so I think that makes a rerelease of FFXII slightly more likely.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
It's funny whenever 10 or 12 are discussed, a bunch of people scramble to go "yeah I empathized way more with the badass mentor character than the gormless fish-out-of-water narrator kid who's just along for the ride." :kiddo: You don't say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

swamp waste posted:

It's funny whenever 10 or 12 are discussed, a bunch of people scramble to go "yeah I empathized way more with the badass mentor character than the gormless fish-out-of-water narrator kid who's just along for the ride." :kiddo: You don't say

To be fair, does anyone really want to identify with a bare-chested street urchin who has brain damage from malnourishment?