Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Didn't this Triple H/Mike Sanders/handshake/Raven/crutches thing go on for like seventeen pages about a year ago?

Yeah, pretty much every topic in PSP/WH2K has come full circle several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Yeah, pretty much every topic in PSP/WH2K has come full circle several times.

For real. If you have archives this forum is an ouroboros.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Frot Lesnar posted:

For real. If you have archives this forum is an ouroboros.

I liked your old username better.

And I understand what you're saying, but this particular story seemed especially absurd because it was pages and pages of people posting "Now see, what I heard was..." and others responding with "Well, that version makes Triple H/Mike Sanders/Raven/Bob Backlund/Steve Lombardi/Villano V look even worse because..."

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Mike Sanders is a smark hero because he no-sold a Triple Huh meet and greet.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So that whole Brock Lesnar thing...what happened?

(It's dead)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Brock is still with WWE and the angle will be continuing with Triple H at No Way Out. He was signed only for a limited number of dates and WWE blew through a lot of them when he first came back, so they took him off TV until they needed him.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Why did WWE stop using Titan sports, in actual fact why did they use it at all?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So if Goldust stopped being a homophobic character, what was his gimmick in TNA and later WWE?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

So if Goldust stopped being a homophobic character, what was his gimmick in TNA and later WWE?

In TNA he was Se7en, which was essentially an amalgam of Undertaker and a Cenobite. The Goldust gimmick in WWE just kind of became less explicitly gay and more of a vaguely-androgynous weird dude.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

In TNA he was Se7en, which was essentially an amalgam of Undertaker and a Cenobite. The Goldust gimmick in WWE just kind of became less explicitly gay and more of a vaguely-androgynous weird dude.
He was Se7en for a short while in WCW, then when he made his debut, he proceeded to break the fourth wall and talk about how stupid this angle was that he got saddled with before becoming Dustin Rhodes. Those promos were a bit too creepy since they implied he was a child abductor and it wasn't too long ago at the time that the movie Powder,whose main character Se7en resembled, had that controversy when they discovered the director had a history of being a convicted child molestor.

In TNA, he was Black Reign, who was essentially a black and white Goldust only as a darker alternate personality (ala Great Muta).

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wow I need a coffee if I am actually conflating TNA and WCW holy christ.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember seeing the Se7en worked shoot. I wondered if they actually intended him to wrestle in the Hot Topic trenchcoat.

I didn't know about Black Reign, though. Jesus, it's not just my imagination that he got himself back into better shape for WWE, is it? That costume looks even sillier with him heavier around the waist.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Perigryn posted:

In TNA, he was Black Reign, who was essentially a black and white Goldust only as a darker alternate personality (ala Great Muta).

Also, fat.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
The pet rat he called Marlena was pretty cool though. Also, he hung out with relliK!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

triplexpac posted:

Also, fat.
Also, according to his book, was on coke when he went to the ring more than a few times.

Bocc Kobb posted:

Also, he hung out with relliK!
Which IS 'Killer' spelled backwards, folks.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Christoph posted:

Anyone else get a David Hyde Pierce vibe from John Cena?

Personally I've always thought that Edge looked like a Mr. Hyde version of DHP.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Perigryn posted:

Rellik

Which IS 'DUMB AS ALL loving HELL' spelled backwards, folks.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I know it's been answered before so I apologize but why do people boo Todd Sinclair?

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Atticus Finch posted:

I know it's been answered before so I apologize but why do people boo Todd Sinclair?

Hes a Referee

Violator
May 15, 2003

MisterGBH posted:

Why did WWE stop using Titan sports, in actual fact why did they use it at all?

If I remember correctly, Vince actually started Titan Sports before he bought the WWF from his dad. He used to promote other things (like hockey games) in the northeast before wrestling. I can't remember which one it was, but one of the wrestling books detailed Vince's early history.

They stopped using it when the WWE went public in 1999 and had to update and redo a lot of their official filings. I think it's interesting how some of the old nicknames have stuck, like Titan Towers and the Titantron.

Edit: I would imagine it was just easier to use Titan Sports as an umbrella corporation at the time, and he probably also had ideas of getting into other things like movies even then. Probably even helped for tax purposes.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Violator posted:

If I remember correctly, Vince actually started Titan Sports before he bought the WWF from his dad. He used to promote other things (like hockey games) in the northeast before wrestling. I can't remember which one it was, but one of the wrestling books detailed Vince's early history.

They stopped using it when the WWE went public in 1999 and had to update and redo a lot of their official filings. I think it's interesting how some of the old nicknames have stuck, like Titan Towers and the Titantron.

Sex Lies and Headlocks talked about how Vince promoted Evil Knievel jumping the Snake River Canyon and his failure to sell cups on the road.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Frot Lesnar posted:

Sex Lies and Headlocks talked about how Vince promoted Evil Knievel jumping the Snake River Canyon and his failure to sell cups on the road.

That was it!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember seeing the Se7en worked shoot. I wondered if they actually intended him to wrestle in the Hot Topic trenchcoat.

I didn't know about Black Reign, though. Jesus, it's not just my imagination that he got himself back into better shape for WWE, is it? That costume looks even sillier with him heavier around the waist.

No, he always seems to get into better shape for Goldust and WWE. No idea why. Maybe it lights a fire under him or maybe the rigid WWE schedule keeps him from sitting around on the coach drinking beers or something. But he's a totally different guy outside WWE.

And don't bother with Black Reign. It was terrible.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

He was however in the greatest TNA match of all time: Silent Night, Bloody Night.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Violator posted:

Edit: I would imagine it was just easier to use Titan Sports as an umbrella corporation at the time, and he probably also had ideas of getting into other things like movies even then. Probably even helped for tax purposes.

Ah thanks! I had a feeling it was mainly because he wanted to expand on other things.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MisterGBH posted:

Ah thanks! I had a feeling it was mainly because he wanted to expand on other things.
What's really funny is if he didn't get rid of it, he'd have a better chance promoting other stuff. Titan Films sounds a lot better than WWE films and has less poison connected with it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

LividLiquid posted:

What's really funny is if he didn't get rid of it, he'd have a better chance promoting other stuff. Titan Films sounds a lot better than WWE films and has less poison connected with it.

Same with Titan Sports promoting the XFL instead of WWE.

Oh, who am I kidding? There is no plane of reality where the XFL would've flourished.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

He was however in the greatest TNA match of all time: Silent Night, Bloody Night.

If you think "unintentional comedy match" is a style of match, Silent Night Bloody Night is a five-star version of that.

Speaking of the dark days of TNA, what was the deal with Junior Fatu? Did they not sign him to a contract before booking him in that tournament (where I think the story was that he asked for more money after winning the first round match, then had to be replaced)?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

He and that tree were good buddies and they hugged :)

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
WWE really missed out on the teen vampire craze the last few years.

If The Brood and Kevin Thorn were around, they could have done something that casual viewers may have been drawn to.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

budreck posted:

If The Brood and Kevin Thorn were around, they could have done something that casual viewers may have been drawn to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

budreck posted:

Kevin Thorn was the shittiest vampire. No one would be into that.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Kevin Thorn was the shittiest vampire. No one would be into that.

Thorn was actually amusing at house shows. The WWECW one I went to had a fan lift his shirt to show Thorn a cross tattoo on his back, and Thorn sold it like death incarnate. He was facing Punk and Punk was obviously trying not to lose his poo poo in the ring.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

budreck posted:

I'm relieved abut that too.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'm relieved abut that too.

AJ Bella.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I believe Daniel Bryan went with the Bella twin over AJ.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Critical posted:

Thorn was actually amusing at house shows. The WWECW one I went to had a fan lift his shirt to show Thorn a cross tattoo on his back, and Thorn sold it like death incarnate. He was facing Punk and Punk was obviously trying not to lose his poo poo in the ring.

Thorn is a fun guy to watch. Shame he never caught on with the WWE.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

thesteelhellion posted:

Thorn is a fun guy to watch. Shame he never caught on with the WWE.

Probably because he was painfully generic on TV, and also a backstage suck-up/stooge so most of the locker room didn't like him.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Who was The Ninja from early 80s NWA shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Who was The Ninja from early 80s NWA shows?

Depends when and where it was. If it was Texas it could have been Keiji Mutoh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS6rOMyG-ks

Paul Heyman was a ninja in 91, which is a hilarious story. Well, the fact he was a ninja I find hilarious. Lol WCW and all that.