Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Random Stranger posted:

It's been a little while so I thought I'd fill people in on what's coming up. Three episodes you're already aware of from what's been posted in the thread. Another episode in the translation process is a long awaited one that's one of the show's best (and one of my favorite old games, too). We've got something kind of funky coming that I'm sure none of you could predict (it's a first in a lot of different ways). And beyond that is something that even I don't have the details on so I don't even want to hint at it.

There's a deluge building right now. Get to higher ground.

So, we've got about a 5 episode deluge? The kind of deluge that happens only once a year?

I am prepared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I just went through the list to see which episodes featured games published in the west, and noticed that Arino's played my all-time favorite lovely Famicom game : Paris Dakar Rally Special?

Words cannot explain how batshit weird this racing game is

Ero-Game Centre SEX is no longer at the top of my fansub wishlist!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

So, we've got about a 5 episode deluge? The kind of deluge that happens only once a year?

I am prepared.

Three is now definite. We might make four but it depends on how long the text heavy episode takes to wrap up (when we have to replace text constantly it slows us down a lot). The fifth getting finished in time to run together in one giant block is unlikely but that's okay because it's coming. I wouldn't bet on episode six hitting for a few different reasons (top of the list is that it may be a tougher one to wrap up on all sides).

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
More episodes is always a good thing. Heck, you could give me half an episode, and I'd be pleased.

Tyma posted:

Ero-Game Centre SEX is no longer at the top of my fansub wishlist!

Well, ever since we found about "My Neighbor Seinfeld," I would assume that this was everyone's reactions.

Although, actually, that game looks absurd. I don't think there's anyway that I could possibly piece together the logic behind that. "Let's be a racing game, no let's be a sidescrolling game, maybe we should get out of the car."

Oh well, I'll just revisit an old joke to restore sanity.

"Hello Jerry-san."
"Greetings from Mount Newman."

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
If zarigani does translate the Princess Tomato episode, I hope she does Ghouls N' Ghosts to finish the season.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Tyma posted:

I just went through the list to see which episodes featured games published in the west, and noticed that Arino's played my all-time favorite lovely Famicom game : Paris Dakar Rally Special?

Words cannot explain how batshit weird this racing game is

I loved that episode/game so much I tried to convince people it had merit!

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
YOUR TRANSLATING THE GAME!!!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I finally watched the raw of Princess Tomato (thank you again joek0 for getting the episode on YouTube and rdbbb for your episode guide to help me along :)). I can't wait for the translated episode so everyone can witness what might be the moment where you realize why they don't do many adventure games on GCCX.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

zari-gani posted:

Or is it?! GCCX knows all.
Much of my childhood was spent trying to get rainbow islands' enemies to land in the 1/7th of the screen I needed. I'll be blown away if they show a way to do it consistently.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What episode has Toujima blocking the sun?

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Splash Damage posted:

Ninja Gaiden (which unfortunately means that it's not available for download/online viewing right now... gotta wait for the DVD)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
That's why I love Toujima. He was always willing to take whatever torture Arino needed him to take just so Arino could beat a 20-year-old game.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Splash Damage posted:

You can watch a callback to it in the Bio Miracle episode.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Cemetry Gator posted:

That's why I love Toujima. He was always willing to take whatever torture Arino needed him to take just so Arino could beat a 20-year-old game.

I hated Touji at first. He just smiled all the time and nodded, I thought he was really boring and kind of dopey. What a fool I was. :allears:

I still miss Sasano though. He was the cutest.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Cemetry Gator posted:

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010
For some reason Toujima has always been my favorite AD, and I just get a big kick out of it when he will just show up out of nowhere still, getting a "Ack, what's he doing here?!?" reaction from Arino.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

What episode does Inoue become Inoko MAX? I watched the Umihara episode the other night and was surprised to see his introduction there without the silly, familiar moniker.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."

Potsticker posted:

What episode does Inoue become Inoko MAX? I watched the Umihara episode the other night and was surprised to see his introduction there without the silly, familiar moniker.

Edit: In Contra where they're talking and Inoue gets asked what sports he played in college, replies wrestling, and Arino asks him what his wrestling name was, which was "Inoko MAX." He's not introduced as that in his first episode, or in that episode, but it comes up in Contra near the end.

Owned by Gutcruncher.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 15, 2012

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Potsticker posted:

I think it was Contra, his second episode.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MxCIc_Ta0&t=2902s

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

I think it was Contra, his second episode.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MxCIc_Ta0&t=2902s

Thanks, I hadn't watched that one yet, but I will certainly rectify that now.

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008

rdbbb posted:

I loved that episode/game so much I tried to convince people it had merit!

You are a sick person.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

nene. posted:

YOUR TRANSLATING THE GAME!!!

Translating a game? What're you on about?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I had completely forgot about an aspect of the episode I'm working on. AD Watanabe fans are in for a big treat; it's probably the best she's ever been on the show.

BAKOON
Feb 1, 2008

the fart doctor

Random Stranger posted:

I had completely forgot about an aspect of the episode I'm working on. AD Watanabe fans are in for a big treat; it's probably the best she's ever been on the show.

poo poo yeah, Wrecking Crew.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
As regarding to hints for the upcoming episodes that have been mentioned on the board:

The upcoming set of episodes will include the 3 remaining episodes left to be subbed for season 12. The 3 episodes are Pilotwings, Rainbow Islands, and Wrecking Crew(#100). The 100th episode is a great episode as they really did some special stuff during the challenge for the milestone episode. Can't wait to wrap up the season 12 episodes. Remember that Ninja Gaiden 2 and Shiren the Wanderer are being subbed on the Diskotek DVDs.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BAKOON posted:

poo poo yeah, Wrecking Crew.

That's it. It's odd to forget these kinds of details but when you watch as many episodes as I have to and get into extreme detail with a lot of them they start running together.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
I'm curious about when the Discotek DVD is coming out. I want to throw my money at them.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

I'm curious about when the Discotek DVD is coming out. I want to throw my money at them.

Mid-September. There's no pre-order on Amazon yet for them.

BTW, it's really hard going back to an episode with a 4:3 aspect ratio after the 16:9 ones. I've gotten used to having so much more room for the subtitles.

It also doesn't help when they're not centering their text boxes properly:

I wonder if this means that the king is drunk...

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes
aw jeez. I never noticed it before, but now that you mention it, NOTHING is centered correctly there... text box aside, it's like the "camera" is a little too far left or something.

that's gonna bug me forever and now i'm always gonna keep an eye out for it.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

joek0 posted:

Part 2: Yoiko Plays Kirby Super Stars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KTJxw-Kco

Playing other 2 player Famicom games at about the 38 minite mark. Kirby starts at about the 53 minute mark.

Watching this now. I've never seen anyone play a Kirby game for hours and still struggle with the concept of "Kirby eats things". :negative:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Bocc Kob posted:

Watching this now. I've never seen anyone play a Kirby game for hours and still struggle with the concept of "Kirby eats things". :negative:

I kinda felt this way when I watched him suck so bad as Sonic. He got most of the way through loving Adventure Island but is poo poo at Sonic and Mario. :psyduck:

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Haha, yeah, the Sonic episode is the only one so far that actually made me frustrated with Arino. Felt like it took him ages to come to grips with - to me - some rather simple concepts.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's soon-to-be-corpse Arino! Watch and be thankful Arino is only a pretend-pilot, in Pilotwings.

Download torrent81 (1 file; 566.91 MB)
View torrent stats

http://depositfiles.com/files/icxnbyekq

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Just about to leave the house when I decided to check the thread one more time. Thanks!

Love that pic.

...splat

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 17, 2012

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's soon-to-be-corpse Arino! Watch and be thankful Arino is only a pretend-pilot, in Pilotwings.

Torn between wanting new episode and sitting through even more Pilotwings. :cry:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I saw the raw of this episode after the 40th bday live special. Seeing his Pilotwings skills then at the challenge and later at the live show was interesting to see. AD Emoto's showing at the live show was horrible as he was the AD for this game in season 12. AD Takahashi did much better.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Whee! Pilotwings was one of my favorite games as a kid. (Looking back... I have no idea why.) Thanks SA GCCX team! :dance:

Does anyone else want to see one of the Gauntlet games played? Like Gauntlet IV for the Genesis? :shobon:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for the new episode.

Ciaphas posted:

Does anyone else want to see one of the Gauntlet games played? Like Gauntlet IV for the Genesis? :shobon:

They made more than one?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Can't wait for episode #100 Wrecking Crew. Great game to challenge and lots of extras stuff for the milestone.

For those who want to see the Pilotwings live show raw in its entirety, it is up on my YT channel and GCCX Raws Playlist. Link is below. Also, any requests for raws for season 14+15 to put on my channel. Or would you guys be interested in the VC special for Super Metroid or Mario 3. I also have the raws for the 24 hour live and 2 hour live Takeshi No Chosenjou. I'll try to add some videos today and tommorrow.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Mister Chief posted:

Thanks for the new episode.

They made more than one?

They made Gauntlet II, and then a weird not-so-Gauntlety game for Lynx called Gauntlet The Third Encounter, and then they ported Gauntlet I to Genesis and called it IV for some reason.