Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Lots of good suggestions, I am going through them now!

Also... we now have state church marriage for gay couples - which is a good thing.

So God saw upon the gays and thought "Love is love, the rest are mere trifles!"

Actually - this is one hell of a good thing, could even convince me to rejoin (also all the free burials you want).

Hillel the great Jewish scholar is known for saying in response to a request to summarise the Torah:
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

So yeah, I am all for state-sanctified gay marriage, whether religious or not. Although it wouldn't be enough for me to become religious myself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

therattle posted:

Hillel the great Jewish scholar is known for saying in response to a request to summarise the Torah:
"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn."

So yeah, I am all for state-sanctified gay marriage, whether religious or not. Although it wouldn't be enough for me to become religious myself!

Ah - the statesanctioned one we've had since '89 - new thing is that they're allowed to do so in the church, the priest can say no though due to 'conscience issues' but if they can find a priest that says yes (as 80% will), they can get married.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Happy Hat posted:

Ah - the statesanctioned one we've had since '89 - new thing is that they're allowed to do so in the church, the priest can say no though due to 'conscience issues' but if they can find a priest that says yes (as 80% will), they can get married.

State churches are weird to me as an American, but that's a hell of a good thing.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Eat This Glob posted:

State churches are weird to me as an American, but that's a hell of a good thing.

Gay marriage yes, state church no.

I want *sexual couples to have every bit the same rights as heterosexual couples, but even more than that, I want church and state separation.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

It comes with the monarchy. We phased it out in Norway just now, it took a Constitution amendment to do away with it but apparently the Church of Norway was pretty happy with it since it means the politicians no longer can meddle in their affairs.

AND EVERYONE WAS HAPPY

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

I'm afraid I'll get flamed for this because :animenerd: but I fell completely in love with Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts, who did a large part of the soundtrack for the Cowboy Bebop series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxxYvHOex9g

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Fryer has been setup, oil has been purchased, but at what temp should I fry stuff - it goes from 90*c to 200*c..

I have now fish filets, chicken wings and french fries lined up for first usage..

Perhaps I should make some chips too...

Hmm - falaffel too..

But temperature?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
You want to fry most stuff at 300-350 F, which I guess is like 150-175 C?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

mindphlux posted:

awwww :glomp:

sorry for the wall of text, but I just kept on going back as far as I could - apparently August of 2005 was when GWS started. Here's the first page of threads that pops up when you pull GWS August 2005 from the archives :shobon:

ICSA round 1 !!! you guyysyssss I'm gonna cryyyy.... life.... life is so beautiful...... :cry:

Here's an archive of the old gbsfood site, it's every bit as horrible as you might expect: http://stopfuckingposting.com/www.gbsfood.com/index.php

So many meatlogs.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Here's an archive of the old gbsfood site, it's every bit as horrible as you might expect: http://stopfuckingposting.com/www.gbsfood.com/index.php

So many meatlogs.

http://stopfuckingposting.com/www.gbsfood.com/1522672/

Oh yeah so edgy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Happy Hat posted:

Fryer has been setup, oil has been purchased, but at what temp should I fry stuff - it goes from 90*c to 200*c..

I have now fish filets, chicken wings and french fries lined up for first usage..

Perhaps I should make some chips too...

Hmm - falaffel too..

But temperature?
You'll have to experiment because it depends on how brown you want stuff. For a really vague metric, the bigger something is, the lower the temperature you want to fry it. But again that's extremely rough. You want to fry at a temperature where the thing you're cooking is fully cooked, not overcooked, and the right texture/color on the outside.

You'll usually be between 160 and 190 degrees. Consult individual recipes though.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

No Wave posted:

You'll have to experiment because it depends on how brown you want stuff. For a really vague metric, the bigger something is, the lower the temperature you want to fry it. But again that's extremely rough. You want to fry at a temperature where the thing you're cooking is fully cooked, not overcooked, and the right texture/color on the outside.

You'll usually be between 160 and 190 degrees. Consult individual recipes though.

190 is over the smoke point of lots of oils, so this might be unwise.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

190 is over the smoke point of lots of oils, so this might be unwise.

375f? That's what I cook french fries at (second fry).

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

375f? That's what I cook french fries at (second fry).

Canola is fine, but as a one-temperature-fits-all it's going to cause grief with lots of oils.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Canola is fine, but as a one-temperature-fits-all it's going to cause grief with lots of oils.
Maybe if you're loading your fryer up with butter, shortening, olive oil, or unrefined oil, but this is literally unheard of.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
You probably shouldn't buy oil for frying if the smoke point of that oil is at or below 375f.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

and people wonder why this forum "seems" "so" "pretentious"

LOOK AT THE YEARS OF SHITPOSTS WEVE HAD TO WARD OFF

CHRIST ALMIGHTY

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I dunno, have you ever used a common condiment while swearing?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Backup kid has a defect!

She just lost points.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
That post...

HH, I hope you have been warned on The Hazards of Deep Fryers.
http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Gws.txt#On_the_Hazards_of_Deep_Fryers

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Teach your second conjugal iteration on the magic secrets of rear end-melting hot sauce, that she might sup the theoretical chicken with delight.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

Happy Hat posted:

Backup kid has a defect!

Did you keep the receipt for her?

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

mindphlux posted:

and people wonder why this forum "seems" "so" "pretentious"

LOOK AT THE YEARS OF SHITPOSTS WEVE HAD TO WARD OFF

CHRIST ALMIGHTY

It appears that was posted in GBS and then gassed, at least.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Trillian posted:

It appears that was posted in GBS and then gassed, at least.

There are tons more equally lovely threads that weren't gassed and that was in GBS before GSS existed.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
I imagine accordion music whenever I see HH's kids.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
My early Fathers' Day present:

:3:

(Used timg so I hope the image isn't too large).

therattle fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 16, 2012

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

therattle posted:

My early Fathers' Day present:

:3:

(Used timg so I hope the image isn't too large).

OK. That's pretty adorable.

What does the shirt say?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

CzarChasm posted:

OK. That's pretty adorable.

What does the shirt say?
"I predict a riot". He was dressed for nursery on the Queen's Jubilee.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
I am making a carrot cake for Mr. Charmmi's Dad. It is his favorite cake and he is my favorite dad. :3:

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
I have survived halal's birthday feast and am filled with pigs foot and shame. I feel almost sexy.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Spanking' new Weber Summit 4 burner stainless grill with side burner for dads day.

See ya later old 2 burner Weber silver.

NosmoKing fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 18, 2012

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Walk Away posted:

Did you keep the receipt for her?

HH doesn't have a backup kid. I have a backup kid. I have identical twins. Not only do they have interchangeable parts in case of emergency, if I lose one, I can just look at the other one!

They're clones!

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

NosmoKing posted:

HH doesn't have a backup kid. I have a backup kid. I have identical twins. Not only do they have interchangeable parts in case of emergency, if I lose one, I can just look at the other one!

They're clones!

I don't have a back-up either because really, who the hell wants to listen to back-up whining?

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Vegetable Melange posted:

I have survived halal's birthday feast and am filled with pigs foot and shame. I feel almost sexy.

That was pretty ridiculous. I have no idea how much I actually ate or drank...

But I actively feel like death now and everyone saw me making out with my secret work girlfriend so whooo I guess?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Halalelujah posted:

That was pretty ridiculous. I have no idea how much I actually ate or drank...

But I actively feel like death now and everyone saw me making out with my secret work girlfriend so whooo I guess?

Sounds like the best kind of birthday. Cheers.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
Made my dad eggs Benedict for a Father's Day brunch. The twist was that I have never poached eggs or made Hollandaise before.

It would have been a disaster if not for the Internet. Last night I read a bunch of recipes, watched a few videos, and learned all of it while in bed at 11:00. We made the eggs today and everything came out great.

We live in the future and it's amazing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm back you jerkoffs, did I miss anything other than a grill, HH having a broken kid, and a sexy grill?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Unflattering furry pics or GTFO.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm back you jerkoffs, did I miss anything other than a grill, HH having a broken kid, and a sexy grill?

How did you enjoy my fair city?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

Hello Manny,
This is seriously not to troll you or anything, but I asked for an explanation, and in the absense thereof, I decided to do some experimentation..

Could you please tell me when it becomes sexually arousing?

Look - it is clearly begging for it - leg's spread wide open - ready to be penetrated.
:nws: http://imgur.com/iJ60g :nws:

Ahh - a suitor of pleasant physical appearance, yes - this is acceptable to it!
:nws: http://imgur.com/oZECj :nws:

Better till the earth before sowing the seed.
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/ICXD0.jpg :nws:

Reciprocating is only fair play!
:nws: http://imgur.com/cnCs3 :nws:

Sexy 70's music playing in the background - soft groans emmanating from the throats of both involved parties
:nws: http://imgur.com/77aJz :nws:

Climb it like the dog that you are!
:nws: http://imgur.com/t6KFx :nws:

Edit: Oh gently caress - I need to NWS this...

I will do so!

Happy Hat fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 18, 2012