Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krupa
Apr 27, 2006
Never Not Funny is one of the original comedy podcasts. Before Todd Glass had a podcast, before Scott Aukerman was doing Comedy Bang Bang, before Paul F Thompkins was doing Pod F Thompcast, they were all regular guests on this show. And look at all the other guests that have been on here.

From iTunes: "Never Not Funny" is a party conversation with one of the funniest men on the planet: comedian and TV personality Jimmy Pardo ("The Tonight Show," "That '70s Show," "The Surreal Life"). Every week, he sits down with producer Matt Belknap and a guest from the world of comedy to shoot the breeze, share stories and laugh at life. The free-flowing discussion can lead anywhere, but whether Jimmy's talking about growing up in the '70s and '80s, his unbridled love of classic rock or facing the trials of modern life, it's bound to strike a chord with listeners of all ages, and it's guaranteed to make you laugh.

Earwolf
iTunes

OOOON THE PODCAST!

krupa fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Finally a thread for my favorite podcast! I've been a subscriber since season 3 and it honestly is the best 25$(gotta get that video) I spend twice a year.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Been subscribing since 8. The easiest podcast to listen to consistently for me.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
Love NNF. I recommend it anyone wanting to jump into comedy podcasts.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Anyone else listening to Rock Solid? I enjoy it, even though Pat Francis has the most wretched taste in music.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

FitFortDanga posted:

Anyone else listening to Rock Solid? I enjoy it, even though Pat Francis has the most wretched taste in music.

Yes, and YES!

Also, co-host Gary Lucy was NNF's guest in Episode 923.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I've been listening since the beginning, I miss Mike Schmidt still a lot.

I was never able to find the episode of the 40 Year Old Boy where he goes into the cause for the breakup in depth and obviously Jimmy hurried past the issue like it was a homeless guy asking him for change.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Kaptain K posted:

I was never able to find the episode of the 40 Year Old Boy where he goes into the cause for the breakup in depth and obviously Jimmy hurried past the issue like it was a homeless guy asking him for change.
I'm not sure he ever addressed it head-on, but there was that sad-as-gently caress 40 Year Old Boy episode after the first Pardcastathon where Mike talked about showing up from out of nowhere and being turned away. That might be the one.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I listened to that show and I remember it pretty distinctly but Mike didn't go back into why he split with Jimmy on NNF.

I never got to hear the final gym story.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Mike told it on Jordan Jesse Go on his first appeareance

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Mike told it on Jordan Jesse Go on his first appeareance

And you know what? Still not as bad as a dude voluntarily drinking a mouthful of communal gym pool water.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
From what I remember (haven't listened to the ep since it came out) they stopped being friends cause Mike was resentful, aggressively cynical and argumentative. You can hear it come out on some episodes of NNF where he purposely brings up stuff or says stuff he knows gets on Jimmy's nerves just so he can fight about it. If you've ever seen the video from Jimmy's bachelor party, when Mike walks up to the podium he immediately starts giving Jimmy poo poo cause he wasn't giving Mike his full undivided attention. I'm sure a friendship that's devolved into that gets tiring after a while.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Started this from the beginning and I'm only a two episodes away from Mike leaving the show. I would've never guessed that there was bad blood between them going on, considering that whatever tension there might be seems to be left at the door before they record.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Only halfway into today's episode, this is absolutely nuts (HEH)

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Just noticed the thread for NNF. This is my one true and favorite podcast. I listen to a handful of others but this is the real deal.

Still loving Dice's lady.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
How the hell does buying old seasons work? I went to the site, bought season 8, but didn't get any kind of download link or anything. Do they email it to you?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Riptor posted:

How the hell does buying old seasons work? I went to the site, bought season 8, but didn't get any kind of download link or anything. Do they email it to you?

Should be links on the "Primo" page; if there aren't then email them.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

Should be links on the "Primo" page; if there aren't then email them.

blugh - I bought it, the paypal went through, money went away and yet I see no links on that page you link to. I emailed Matt yesterday; haven't heard anything back. Hopefully I can get this worked out soon - I'm going to Mexico on Wednesday and wanted the eps to listen to during the flight

EDIT: Now it's working! Woohoo!

Riptor fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 18, 2012

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I like this show, but I cannot stand the "Mad at the World," theme song :(

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

indigi posted:

From what I remember (haven't listened to the ep since it came out) they stopped being friends cause Mike was resentful, aggressively cynical and argumentative. You can hear it come out on some episodes of NNF where he purposely brings up stuff or says stuff he knows gets on Jimmy's nerves just so he can fight about it. If you've ever seen the video from Jimmy's bachelor party, when Mike walks up to the podium he immediately starts giving Jimmy poo poo cause he wasn't giving Mike his full undivided attention. I'm sure a friendship that's devolved into that gets tiring after a while.

I like Mike (I'm a huge fan of his Podcast, the 40 year old boy) but I can see this happening. He actually mentions the tension between him and Jimmy at Jimmy's roast during an episode.

I wonder if I can find that episode of Jordan Jesse Go where he discusses why he left...

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
So I wanted to buy a full season of the show before a long trip and I was wondering if the seasons come with the bonus episodes or do you have to pay extra?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bonus eps come with the season.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Awesome, I am pretty sure I am gonna grab nine just as soon as I get some money.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd say go with seven cause that one has all my favorite guests (Jesse Thorn, Janet Varney, Greg Behrendt, PFT)

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Actually now that I have looked a bit more I am stuck between 7 and 10. They both have writers room episodes which sounds like a very funny thing.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, if that's what you're stuck on, you gotta go with 7. That Writer's Room was way better (from the lineup to having Jimmy Dore on it to Jimmy Pardo's overall energy) , and the Live at MaxFunCon episode (which I was there for!) has one of the - gently caress that, THE - funniest Matt Belknap line in the history of the show. Jimmy and Pat literally fell out of their chairs laughing. This was taken in the aftermath by the oft-mentioned Darryl Asher:

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
Alright I'm sold. Gonna go with seven.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

indigi posted:

THE - funniest Matt Belknap line in the history of the show.

Can't remember off the top of my head, can you post it?

Great to have Graham back on.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this may not be 100% accurate, but I want you to remember this smell the next time you buy garbage bags

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

indigi posted:

this may not be 100% accurate, but I want you to remember this smell the next time you buy garbage bags

Oh god yes that was loving amazing.

The first handful of post-Schmidt episodes I thought, "Ugh this is gonna suck, Belknap is awkward and terrible". Now I can't imagine the show without him, often the funniest moments are his.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

It seriously got a Def Jam style response from the audience, despite it being 10AM and every one of us being hung over

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Belknap will totally play you if you challenge him in SongPop. Right now he's beating me 5-3. Looks like his favorite category is TV Themes.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Mike Sweeney ripped apart my hometown I'm ... honored?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Okay, I'm thinking of taking a chance on this because I've seen/heard enough clips that suggest this would probably be my thing. How do the subscription episodes work? Can you download them? I usually listen to podcasts in transit or at work so I was kind of turned off by the fact that with most paid podcasts I was forced to stream them from a website.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 30, 2012

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

kuddles posted:

Okay, I'm thinking of taking a chance on this because I've seen/heard enough clips that suggest this would probably be my thing. How do the subscription episodes work? Can you download them? I usually listen to podcasts in transit or at work so I was kind of turned off by the fact that I was forced to stream them from a website.

You absolutely should get them; they're totally worth it. They download just like normal podcasts; what you do is pay for it on the site, log into the website, and you're provided with an iTunes link. You click that, open iTunes, download all the episodes then transfer them onto your ipod or whatever like any other podcast

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

kuddles posted:

Okay, I'm thinking of taking a chance on this because I've seen/heard enough clips that suggest this would probably be my thing. How do the subscription episodes work? Can you download them? I usually listen to podcasts in transit or at work so I was kind of turned off by the fact that with most paid podcasts I was forced to stream them from a website.

Yup, you should get them. I've been a subscriber since Season 7, no regrets at all.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Anyone on the fence about Never Not Funny should know that the Conan O' Brien ep from season 8 is completely free and an absolute stellar listen.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

You know a fun thing to do if you have every season? Pick a frequent guest (I recommend Dave Holmes and Graham Elwood) and go back and listen to each of their appearances in order and see how many times they talk about the exact same thing in slightly different ways.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
Nothing beats Graham talking about buying his suit. It's a pretty ancient episode (probably season 4? maybe earlier) but just a great one. A lot of the guests this season have been... different but I certainly not enjoying it any less. Well worth the extra $5 for video too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

This season's been good, but mostly doubles so far. And the last new guest that was really a home run was Tig.

The fact that Bill Burr hasn't been on yet boggles my loving mind. And it's not a scheduling thing cause they record their podcasts at the same time except Bill does his laying in his bed or on his couch. Maybe Jimmy's just afraid of another Fitzsimmons incident?