Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Griever posted:

Definitely gonna have to play 3.

No, you really, really don't. Seriously. This isn't me being Of Strong Opinions, I'm just stating a universal fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
White Mage for my Wind job, somehow I just knew I'd end up with that class, and I was right. :allears:

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
In my non #berserkerrisk run I ended up with Black Mage/Mystic Knight/Geomancer/Chemist. Geomancer isn't great, but I certainly have no room to complain.

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

No, you really, really don't. Seriously. This isn't me being Of Strong Opinions, I'm just stating a universal fact.

I like FF3. Even if it is objectively bad. :shobon:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Lilli posted:

In my non #berserkerrisk run I ended up with Black Mage/Mystic Knight/Geomancer/Chemist. Geomancer isn't great, but I certainly have no room to complain.

poo poo, just give the Geomancer !Mix and have two Mixers.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gaia is actually a really handy skill to have.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dr Pepper posted:

Gaia is actually a really handy skill to have.

Yeah, it's a great support ability for mages as it deals magic damage for no cost.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Proto_Fan posted:

FF3 isn't objectively bad, in the same way FF2 or Mystic Quest are. You just need to approach it with a certain mindset, is all.

The mindset being that you're looking for an 8-bit JRPG from a famous franchise, and seeing things like the unbalanced class roster and being defenseless when running away as all part of the challenge. And having your airship shot down thirty seconds after you get it, because you flew over a certain part of the map.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Hedera Helix posted:

And having your airship shot down thirty seconds after you get it, because you flew over a certain part of the map.

Leading up to one of the worst non-optional bosses I've ever dealt with in a game. Jump, jump and hope you don't die :allears:

I've pretty much had blue magic on every single one of my characters other than the Berserker the whole game. Dark shock and level 5 death together are obscene. I wonder how many people get the chemist too and never have to actually fight anything legitimately.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
And my final lineup is... Blue Mage, Berserker, Ninja, and Dragoon!

I am quite okay with this situation. Especially thanks to Blue Mage.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

My final lineup is Blue Mage/Thief/Beastmaster/Beastmaster. I just got the last job, and am not quite sure what to make of it; perhaps this will be a chance for me to actually use Catch and Release, instead of always using Control in conjunction with a Blue Mage.

Even though I'm totally doing that, too. :dance:

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
I had forgotten how much fun is the escape sequence. Got all the loot and also my third job... ranger! :hellyeah:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Erakko posted:

I had forgotten how much fun is the escape sequence. Got all the loot and also my third job... ranger! :hellyeah:

Even better when you have a Thief with the Thief's Gloves. All the Elixirs you can jack! :getin:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Proto_Fan posted:

FF3 is worth playing for the monster designs on the NES. Just play it on an emulator with fast forward and save states.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Geomancer's starting to grow on me. Gale kinda sucks, wind slash hits everything for as much damage as fire/ice/lit 2 on a single target.

Then there's bottomless swamp. :allears:

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

Death Claw is the perfect tool for catching monsters. It's :krad:

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hahaha. Blue Mage/Berserker so far.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Hedera Helix posted:

Death Claw is the perfect tool for catching monsters. It's :krad:

BARTZ used False Swipe!

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Oh god, my #berserkerrisk run ended up being Monk/Berserker/Thief/Dancer. :suicide:

The friend I'm running it with got Monk/Monk/Berserker/Blue Mage. I'm somehow almost jealous of that team.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Noooo Berserker! :suicide:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
gently caress the Havok Skyfucker. That's about all I have for today.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just unlocked my first set of legendaries (and pretty much the only ones I'll need), I'd say things are coming along quite nicely.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Just started and got to Worus. Started with Knight, so for just about everything I held down fast forward and turbo A.

My Water job? Berserker.

okay granted, I was Hard Mode with Berserker Risk so I knew it could happen and I knew I'd get at least one, but to get Berserker with 2-Handed? This should be fun. On to Karnak.

EDIT: Just got to Karnak, got my next job...

@Trasson_Catols can now use the Water Job 'Berserker'. HAHAHAHAHAHA

well then.

Rosalie_A fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 17, 2012

nabo
Oct 23, 2010
^^ 2 bersekers and a knight? Ouch.

Finally got my final job :v: White Mage/Black Mage/Ranger/Summoner is a much better party I expected, hopefully I will actually finish the game this time!

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Created by R-Force Software
Your Console Sucks
Thief/Monk/Berserker so far,

time to grind up to 20+ so that i might be able to beat byblos...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just got Meteor, so it's pretty much all over from here. I think I might even skip the 4th tablet dungeon because there's nothing I could possibly want from there.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Mega, why must we be fiesta buddies?! Monk/Berserker/Bard :argh:

I love me some bard but hngh

Let me know how you dealt with Ifrit and/or Biblos, I got nothing.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 17, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Just got my final job. Team's looking like Blue Mage/Thief/Ranger/Berserker. Really not what I would have hoped for from my earth crystal job, but Blue Mage'll see me through.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
God drat it, I just realized my entire party is level 16 and I'm at the Ancient Library with a blue mage.

:negative:

Time to poopsock 20 on some poor bastard.

Rolling Start
Jan 11, 2012
My team of four thieves barely made it past the fight with Magissa and Forza. I started the fight with forty potions and ended up with just one left and half my party dead. I'm really not looking forward to Garula.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
So I just beat Archeoavis. I get the Earth Crystal jobs, and my final job is...

what

A Knight and three Berserkers. This is what I have to work with for the rest of the game. Well, it's better than Thief. Should be quite amusing.

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Created by R-Force Software
Your Console Sucks
^^^ Ouch!

My final party is thief/monk/berserker/knight, no magic :toot:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Thief/Summoner/Ninja/Samurai.

Load up and roll out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Bellmaker posted:

Mega, why must we be fiesta buddies?! Monk/Berserker/Bard :argh:

I love me some bard but hngh

Let me know how you dealt with Ifrit and/or Biblos, I got nothing.

Haha! Ifrit was tough, but manageable. My strategy was simply to let my Berserker wail on him while my Monks Chakra'd up to full health, and punching when full.

Haven't played since yesterday morning, but I can't see any way around Byblos besides grinding. The main problems are getting decent healing and hitting hard and reliably enough to outdo whatever he can recover from Drain. I'm probably going to have to grind to beat him.

Trasson posted:

what

A Knight and three Berserkers. This is what I have to work with for the rest of the game. Well, it's better than Thief. Should be quite amusing.

I'm so sorry. Definitely rooting for you to win with that team, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Trasson posted:

what

Getting Berserker with Water crystal on Hard Mode is a 1 in 11 chance.

Getting it with the Fire Crystal is a 1 in 16 chance

Then, finally, getting it with the Earth Crystal is a 1 in 20 chance

Congrats on winning the suffering lottery, I guess!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
My jerbs are white mage/mystic knight/geomancer/dancer.
Pretty nice team! Dancer with dancing gear and spellblade, geomancer with healing and white mage for holy, mystic knight just owns. Nice.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I'm busy grinding up the 200000 Gil needed for four Flame Rings. The problem with an all-Berserker team is the lack of control, which really means healing. Three Berserkers and an X-Potion bot sounds like a much more solid plan for victory.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Use and abuse those Guards when you can :v:

Edit: So uh, how do I get White Wind and all the other !control specific spells for Blue Mage without a Beastmaster? Am I seriously waiting until Dancing Dagger? I have no other source of confusion, I think. Black Mage/Ninja/Blue Mage/Knight.

Ugh.

Minera fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 17, 2012

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I have a question about the five job fiesta, but it contains plot spoilers. in late world 1, when galuf leaves and your party is reduce to three members, what are you supposed to do? I have all four jobs now, can I just use whatever combo I want or do I have to wait to get the fourth party member back before I can use my earth crystal job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

arrgghhhblll

That was painful.

But on the bright side, I skipped Necrophobe, so Gilgamesh is still alive out there... somewhere... :unsmith: