Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

rdbbb posted:

called it IV for some reason.
For the sake of being pedantic, Gauntlet IV has an all-new "rpg" mode which is nice and has nice music. Also there was a Gauntlet III on Britishey computers (amiga etc) which was isometric, that's probably the 3 they were thinking of before 4.

Gauntlet is pretty "western" though, has Arino played any of the Dungeon Explorer games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I was thinking specifically of the "RPG" mode in Gauntlet IV, yeah. I loved that poo poo to death as a kid. Still do, really, even though I've practically memorized every single level at this point.

Plus, it had multiplayer deathmatch :black101:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Major flashback seeing Kickle Cubicle on that episode. Haven't seen or heard about it since I played it probably 20+ years ago.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I anticipate great things indeed from this Pilotwings ep----the deluge begins anew!

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
All I know about Pilotwings is that because of Arino's 40th birthday bash, the rocketbelt music will be stuck in my head forever.

Still, another great one from you guys!

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Excited for Wantanabe episode. :3: She really doesn't get enough props.

I'm downloading it now but what exactly is the pilotwings episode? Is it an edited down version from the 24 hour challenege?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kerfuffle posted:

I'm downloading it now but what exactly is the pilotwings episode? Is it an edited down version from the 24 hour challenege?

No, it's just episode 98. We already did the Pilotwings live challenge.

And there's a lot of Watanabe coming up.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
e: said better

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kerfuffle posted:

Excited for Wantanabe episode. :3: She really doesn't get enough props.

Episode #98 Pilotwings is where we see Arino play the game for the first time for the show. The 40th Live Bday Special chose Pilotwings for the special. The focus was to start from where he left off in episode #98 and try to finish it live. Most live show games are games that Arino have failed and chosen for revenge challenges.

Random Stranger posted:

No, it's just episode 98. We already did the Pilotwings live challenge.

And there's a lot of Watanabe coming up.

Can't wait for episode #100 Wrecking Crew. Not just showing Watanabe but all the staff. Great milestone episode.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 18, 2012

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Just watched the Pilotwings ep, and it was great fun. Unfortunately I think there's a quite big error in the translation though: when the game talks about "using flares" to slow down in the hanglider or when skydiving, I'm fairly sure that it should be that they "flare out", i.e. spread out to increase wind resistance. "Using flares" makes it sound like they're using the kind of flare that light on fire and emit smoke.

Also, at 43:48 it says that "Arino gives advice from the sidelines", and I think this should actually be Emoto.

I hate to criticise, because I know how hard the whole SAGCCX team works, but I reckon you'd probably want to know rather than not.

Great work otherwise though!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes, despite fact-checking with Gamefaqs and Youtube, such nuances escape me. I was translating too literally since they say "use flare" in Japanese.*

At least I didn't translate it as "use flair"? :v:

*Wait, or do they? I may be remembering wrong. Okay it was totally my misinterpretation. That's gonna haunt me for a week.

VVV Yes, I seriously know nothing about aviation.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 18, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

zari-gani posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes, despite fact-checking with Gamefaqs and Youtube, such nuances escape me. I was translating too literally since they say "use flare" in Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_flare

:shrug:

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ok phew. I did not want to see a condensed hour of Arino failing. :shobon: Thanks guys!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

zari-gani posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Sometimes, despite fact-checking with Gamefaqs and Youtube, such nuances escape me. I was translating too literally since they say "use flare" in Japanese.*

*Wait, or do they? I may be remembering wrong. Okay it was totally my misinterpretation. That's gonna haunt me for a week.

VVV Yes, I seriously know nothing about aviation.

My point was more it sounds like your translation was fine. It's an action you do to slow the descent and, reading the article, it is exactly the same thing I got from the video and your translation.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Oh, I see. Still, if I knew more about this term I would've used "flare more" instead of "use more flare," "try flaring" instead of "try using flares" and such.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

If the subs ultimately get re-rendered to fix the flare, there is one other glitch in the subs that was missed, but it's more a mix-up than a translation error:

At 43:46, it says "ARINO gives advice from the sidelines" instead of "EMOTO"

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?
"About Shinichirou..."
"Shinichirou?!"
"That's his name, Shinya."
"Shinya?!"

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Just finished Street Fighter 2010 episode.Is that the only ending there is? Seems kind of stupid to have the only ending be "bad".

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Yeah, well, everyone dies at the end of Hamlet!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yeah, well, everyone dies at the end of Hamlet!

Are you comparing Street Fighter 2010 to Hamlet? :psyduck:

Also, :drat: at Arino calling Watanabe Majin Buu.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Liku posted:

Street Fighter 2010 is actually a nested metaphor. At first glance it's a spaceman fighting poo poo in space, but upon further analysis one realizes that it's actually about a man's slow descent into madness over how much he hates himself (leaving in the end because he realized that he was a monster is actually about his withdrawal from normal human society because he's come to terms with this hate, even though it means he can never speak to another person again). And then, after having played this game all the way to the end, grappling with terrible hitboxes and RNG-based bosses with no skills attached, that it's talking about the player!

:pseudo:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Despite the typos, that was another great episode. My only complaint is that it brought back the memories of the 40th birthday live show (which was great just to see zari's gift, but seeing Arino replay some of those levels over and over got tiring).

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
New episode deluge?

Make it rain, SA-GCCX.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The Pilotwings episode was like mainlining pure nostalgia for me. I spent countless hours playing this game back in the day, so watching Arino play through one of my favorite early SNES games made my day. It also made me feel slightly cocky that I remember being better at landing on the moving platforms and at the helicopter levels than Arino.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Liku posted:

Also, :drat: at Arino calling Watanabe Majin Buu.

Even though I find the general Watanabe abuse pretty mean I did laugh pretty hard at the Majin Buu thing.

She really did look like him with the big gloves on :(

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Gotta say in watching that it's interesting to see the Western influence in regards to the wedding. The bride and groom were dressed in a Western fashion as were the fathers but the mothers wore the kimonos. Very neat contrast.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

What I couldn't help but notice in the wedding thing was how perfectly Toujima's likeness was captured in the "Chief is a Great Detective" game. It's that smile.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

:siren: GCCX DELUGE DAY 2 :siren:

It's a game titled "Rainbow Islands" and it's a sequel to a game called "Bubble Bobble". How hard could that be? It's time for Arino to find out.

Translating this episode is the woman collected seven giant diamonds but won't let anyone else see them, it's the penultimate zari-gani!

Download torrent81 (1 files; 705.26 MB)
View torrent stats

Direct Download

Hmmm... I wonder what episode tomorrow will bring...

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Yay, new episode! I've already watched the raw version of this one, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember how it ended, so it will be nice to re-experience this. :)

Also, zari's new pictures are kinda disturbing in a hilarious way. I guess I got used to the pictures she did for the USA trip and Arino's birthday (although that Dragon Quest/Warrior slime she faxed was pretty creepy).

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Maybe a long shot, but do you by chance have this in a desktop-friendly size?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Translating and doing fan art for each episode now. Amazing work, zari gani.

also to the rest of SAGCCX :v:

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Yesterday was #98 Pilotwings. Today is #99 Rainbow Islands. I hope tommorrow brings us #100 Wrecking Crew. Great game challenge and a great milestone. This will finish up season 12.

I know that zarigani is working on translating the Princess Tomato episode. I hope she does Ghouls N' Ghosts to finish up season 5. Also, Super Ghouls N' Ghosts is the last episode left to sub for season 7. I love to watch the raws of the Makiaimura challenges, but would love to see a second and third one translated. The first that was translated was Ghost N' Goblins.

I'm glad to see many full seasons getting close to being fully subbed.
Season 3 has 5 episodes left to sub.
Season 5 has 2 episodes left to sub.
Season 7 has 1 episode left to sub.
Season 8 has 2 episodes left to sub.
Season 10 has 5 episodes left to sub.
Season 11 has 4 episodes left to sub.
Season 13 has 4 episodes left to sub.
Season 14 has 9 episodes left to sub.
Season 15 has 19 episodes left to sub.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Good job translation crew, enjoying this as always!

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DELUGE mode! This is an episode I've been most looking forward to, thank you so much for all the work.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Random Stranger posted:

it's the penultimate zari-gani!

...so she's the second-most significant zari-gani?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

You think it's the ultimate zari-gani but then she changes into her final form that is less convenient to go out on the town in. Rumor has it she translates so much in this state that it will actually kill you.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Muffinlord posted:

...so she's the second-most significant zari-gani?

Wait until tomorrow...

Heran Bago posted:

Rumor has it she translates so much in this state that it will actually kill you.

I think it's more likely to kill me. :v:

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Heran Bago posted:

You think it's the ultimate zari-gani but then she changes into her final form only after you have put the controller down to celebrate.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So what is Spidey's japanese name? I heard 'super' somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

zrrgin posted:

So what is Spidey's japanese name? I heard 'super' somewhere.
Supaida-man. Starts with supa, but for "super", that'd be a long A.

Thanks for all the releases. I just finished Street Fighter 2010 and Pilotwings when the Rainbow Islands torrent hit. It's like Christmas in July June!