Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Sue posted:

im about to punch you in the face

Shadow, stop being such a douche!
Knuckles is the only useful Troll Slaiyer so far.

Sylvester is dangerously close to showing some emotion there :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

arachnobot posted:

Sylvester is dangerously close to showing some emotion there :ohdear:

I think showing emotion isn't an issue so long as he's not using his power at the same time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

I think showing emotion isn't an issue so long as he's not using his power at the same time.

I think he was less worrying about his Neutral powers and more about the fact that Sylvester hadn't expressed emotion beyond "smug" yet.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Speedboat Jones posted:

All this talk about TGT being an adult swim show has me thinking about Lazerbot with a crew of animators working underneath him. It's hilarious.

I want to see a press release stating that all this has been an ARG for TGT - the comic show.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
More brain munching!

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
what is happening in the last panel?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Someone (the trolls) is shooting a net out of a gun to capture goggles-moustache-afro man.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Seems like that one inventor guy (is that Cid from Final Fantasy IV?) is jumping out of ... something. With a parachute.

So that the troll king won't have Robotnik, Cid and whoever the third is (Dragonborn?) together, because ... something or other :iiam:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Look again. They're on the ground, you can see the muzzle of the gun in the top left corner, and we know the trolls did capture him. Also he's not Cid, I think he's from the same game that Teemo from the Troll Slaiyers is from, but I can't remember what his name was.

Edit: Looks like it's Heimerdinger. http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Heimerdinger_the_Revered_Inventor

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 17, 2012

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
All three of us? Who's the third? Oh, Lazerbot, how you inspire my intrigue.

But yeah, the final panel is Heimerdinger letting himself be captured by a netgun so Robotnik can escape.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
it still looks like a parachute :colbert:

he is jumping out of a parachute gun in order to escape!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I thought that lazerbot was shifting to an official "emler" spelling, but he went back to the regular "elmer" one in the first panel. Also, I think "well you was gonna cut off my dick" is a great line.

ThatPazuzu posted:

All three of us? Who's the third? Oh, Lazerbot, how you inspire my intrigue.
Dexter (of Dexter's Laboratory) is one of the Defenders, so I'm thinking that he'd be the closest thing to another scientist (if you don't count Batman).

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

I am not sure but I think the last six panels are a flashback, otherwise I have no idea what's going on.

Zyrden
Mar 25, 2012

Climbing gear.
Yeah it's Elmer reading Robotniks memories, since he just ate some of his brain.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

JazzFlight posted:

I thought that lazerbot was shifting to an official "emler" spelling, but he went back to the regular "elmer" one in the first panel. Also, I think "well you was gonna cut off my dick" is a great line.

Dexter (of Dexter's Laboratory) is one of the Defenders, so I'm thinking that he'd be the closest thing to another scientist (if you don't count Batman).

Have we seen Doctor Light or Doctor Wiley anywhere yet? Maybe it's one of them!

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
I like how Eggman constantly has his teeth showing. I can imagine him lying there, dead, teeth still out in some strange grin.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You know that saying about "art from adversity"?

Well i think that the reason for Eggman's teeth to always be showing is that Lazerbot only knows how to draw him one way. However, the comic is made much better because of it.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

ChairMaster posted:

Well i think that the reason for Eggman's teeth to always be showing is that Lazerbot only knows how to draw him one way. However, the comic is made much better because of it.

Very similar to how he draws Sylvester as far as I can see

Works though, makes him constantly look cynical, especially when berating Tom a while back

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, when Silver met Heimerdinger back in Chapter 6 he mentioned the Troll King needed three scientists to complete his Troll Robot Project, so this was all actually FORESHADOWED...

Also yeah I love how Sylvester is just constantly smug.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Maybe the third scientist is Tails and this will be what sets up Troll King's pursuit of him once the defenders have finished their training?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The third is hidding some where, I don't know where?

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
"dont play games with me or you
will lose a penis"

A?

Is this taken
Mar 30, 2011

thats so fucking cool
Remember, Elmer has two cocks: his shotgun and his, uh, literal cock.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Don't cock this one up Emler!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I like how zombie Robotnik still has that stupid grin in his face

Also I'm kinda impressed by the detail in Elmer hand

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I like how Sonic stabbed Eggman in the back with a knife but somehow left a giant gaping hole in his stomach.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

frajaq posted:

Also I'm kinda impressed by the detail in Elmer hand

One thing I've noticed in TGT is that LB seems to draw hands in various positions better than everything else. This is interesting to me because hands are usually one of those anatomy things that bad artists can't draw at all.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Wasn't Eggman stabbed by Sonic? He looks like he has a clean fist-sized hole in him instead of a stab wound.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Cechmanek posted:

Wasn't Eggman stabbed by Sonic? He looks like he has a clean fist-sized hole in him instead of a stab wound.

Maybe it was a big knife or a small sword.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

quote:

Maybe the third scientist is Tails and this will be what sets up Troll King's pursuit of him once the defenders have finished their training?

Emo troll let tails go, which I figured was odd at the time, considering the generally brutal nature of TGT world, and lazerbot hasn't been shy about offing his main characters.

Troll King needs him alive.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

His expression is so loving amazing in that panel. So resentful, so world-weary, so resigned, yet with a soupçon of defiance still sloshing in his heart.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

To hell with a soupçon, I'd say it's more like a soupcan of defiance. :black101:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I like how Eggman was basically ready to turn a new leaf to stop the trolls, but Sonic just HAD to listen to Shadow and kill him.

That aspect has been like the most brilliant thing in the whole comic to me.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

The final scientist is going to be motherfucking Iron Man. Or Doctor Who. Something totally out of the left field like that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

As an added bonus any typos Lazerbot makes in Iron Man's dialogue are just the usual Drunk Tony.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Bilal posted:

One thing I've noticed in TGT is that LB seems to draw hands in various positions better than everything else. This is interesting to me because hands are usually one of those anatomy things that bad artists can't draw at all.

I always heard bad artists can't draw feet. Rob Liefeld

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

spregalia posted:

I always heard bad artists can't draw feet. Rob Liefeld

I'm only a casual comic book fan (haven't bought a single comic since 1996 or so, only vaguely follow storylines of characters I'm interested in through wikipedia and BSS threads every once in awhile, don't really pay much or any attention to differences between writers and especially not artists) but I knew exactly what was in that spoiler text before hovering over it.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bbf2 posted:

I'm only a casual comic book fan (haven't bought a single comic since 1996 or so, only vaguely follow storylines of characters I'm interested in through wikipedia and BSS threads every once in awhile, don't really pay much or any attention to differences between writers and especially not artists) but I knew exactly what was in that spoiler text before hovering over it.

Same here. I laughed out loud when I did read the spoiler Well done, spregalia :-D

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm hoping for Donatello being the third scientist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Or Professor E. Gadd. :science: