Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mr. Goodbar posted:

So far I've got Knight/Summoner/Summoner. One chance left for Berserker.

Doesn't matter at this point, enjoy your steamrolled game.

Schwartzcough posted:

And this is why Thief gets my vote as probably the most useless class. My berserker can at least put out big numbers, and I've had the Doom Axe insta-kill a surprising amount of bosses. A Thief's one gimmick of use is stealing, any anybody who can use a dagger can do that.

Issue is there's plenty of good stuff to steal before you get to world 3. I'm about to enter world two and I'm sitting on like thirty hi-potions and elixirs, which is going to help a ton. There's some rare-ish and useful gear out there too. Also I'm never going to get back-attacked again and I have to waste less time zipping around dungeon screens. I'd trade thief for a better class in a heartbeat, but it's not nearly as useless as berserker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
First time playing FFV, hard mode fiesta: Thief, Monk, Monk, Berserker.
... Meh.

I'm on Galuf's world now, just leaving the place with all the old weapons. The lack of 'interesting' options is a bit frustrating: using Counter to cheese multi-stage enemies is the most clever thing I've done all run.
Oh well. It's still fun~

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Progress Update:

Adamantoise was simple with two Berserkers wailing on him. As for Soul Cannon, waited until both my Berserkers didn't get with Launcher so that Old wouldn't gently caress them over, and then went into a chain of my Bard using an Elixir before each cannon burst and then reviving the Berserkers after. Worked out well! Archeoavious wasn't too horrible thanks to Chakra and my Berserker wrecking its poo poo.

After that, I pick up Red Mage as my final class and go down to three. I end up rolling Red Mage/Monk/Berserker for the next several boss fights.

Purobolos were tricky, but having a Berserker spam a Mage Masher to silence them helped stop the Arise party. Other than that, Blizzara and Kick to spread the love. As for Titan, he got off an Earth Shaker during the battle, killing my Red Mage and weakening the other two. Then Titan happened to hit my Monk, and the resulting counter killed him, letting me skip his final attack. Really lucked out there. Manticore was a slugfest, and I finally began appreciating having drat healing with Cura.

With that, I'm done with World One. Kind of worried that I have two classes that become less useful as the game progresses, but hopefully my Bard will rouse everyone to awesomeness. I'm enjoying the challenge, though, as no boss has really been bullshit tough besides Byblos. Plus I'm actually using stuff like Elixirs somewhat liberally, and I'm throwing down a lot of money on Phoenix Downs.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.
I started with white mage and just got time mage. I got ashura early from the castle so beating Garula was easy with my lone freelancer but now everything is just... ack.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
Had trouble with Liquid Flame - I Blizzara Sword'd my three Mystic Knights, and then none of them wanted to actually connect. When they did, it was over 500 damage a shot, but they whiffed like three out of four attacks.

Now my team is White Mage/Mystic Knight/Geomancer/???. I might as well sell all my rods now, there's going to be absolutely no breaking them over bosses heads this run. :(

At least my White Mage'll have something to do besides flail around with a Flail when I'm not healing! :downsrim:

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Progress update:

Welp, I'm at Exdeath. I was level ~35 or so when I got there, but his auto attacks did enough damage that they'd kill my thief and dancer in one hit. My berserker and monk had enough HP to survive the auto attacks, but they'd die to holy. I'm now spending hours just grinding levels so I can survive his first forms attacks. Second form is going to be ugly. Thief/Monk/Berserker/Dancer isn't a particularly fun combination. I feel like I have no real combat abilities, just auto attack. If it weren't for dancer I probably would have just given up on the run.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Epi Lepi posted:

How long does this Job Fiesta thing last? I wanna know when I should bother to follow the thread again cause I couldn't care less about this thing.

Discussion will probably die down within a week if it doesn't get its own thread.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Black Mage->Summoner MORE MURDER :black101:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tricky posted:

!Gaia was pretty helpful in random battles and a few bosses. Once you consistently start getting Wind Slash or Earthquake instead of the single target stuff you just crap out all sorts of damage.

Is there any sort of way to boost the chances of this? Getting Wind Slash/Quake/Cave In to trigger more often would be wonderful.

e: Just got Holy and Flare so my White Mage/White Mage/Black Mage/Geomancer team is going to just :killdozer: bosses now. Geomancer has been a dark horse MVP so far. First with the 2 Cave-Ins on Dragon Grass for 4k+ each, then fighting in the fork tower I had 3 people fighting the Minotaur with geomancy and not only does it work and let the fight go as normal, but out of every attack, all but 5 were gale slash and did around 1k each. The fight I was terrified of ended up being only slightly difficult because my geomancer has running shoes and could out Hi-Pot the boss's damage.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 18, 2012

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there any sort of way to boost the chances of this? Getting Wind Slash/Quake/Cave In to trigger more often would be wonderful.

I don't really have any hard data to back this up, but it feels like they get more likely as you go up in level. That, or t may be some sort of modifier based on location. I definitely just got nothing but Wind Slashes in the Barrier Tower fighting the dragon in a box.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Yay, it only took another 13 levels, but Exdeath is now dead!

I abused the odin trick and killed the three front parts before using the magic lamp to finish the job. Saved me a lot of grief. That and having my monk sword dance a few times for ~15000 on parts was nice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Got Thief as my first job, just got to the ship graveyard. Grinding on skeletons just to get a couple of daggers so Lenna and Galuf can actually do some damage, but they haven't dropped one yet! Not looking forward to Siren unless I can get them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pablo Gigante posted:

Got Thief as my first job, just got to the ship graveyard. Grinding on skeletons just to get a couple of daggers so Lenna and Galuf can actually do some damage, but they haven't dropped one yet! Not looking forward to Siren unless I can get them.

Be aware that you can sleep to heal up on Faris's ship in the underdeck.

I didn't proceed past Faris's ship until I had a Dagger for everyone. (also drew Thief first)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Thief/Summoner/Bard/Chemist. I signed up for hard mode, not that Gilgabot seemed to notice. Not at all surprisingly, it's a pretty easy team so far (just got to Castle Bal in world 2). I'm actually a little disappointed: I was hoping for more of a challenge.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Uh. Black Mage/Summoner/Ranger. So...guess I just pretend I didn't get any new jobs for a while.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
The Saga of the Knight and Three Berserkers: Update the First

I signed up for Hard Mode and Berserker Risk. Therefore, I knew when I started I was likely to get one berserker, possibly even two. This was one of the deciding factors in my choosing to pick the SNES version. I like the sound and graphics better than the GBA version, and I felt that the Thornlet Magic Negative Overflow bug might be a handy trick in my bag. The only downside is Neo Exdeath's dummy targets-these don't exist in the GBA version.

I got to the Wind Shrine and tweeted Gilgabot for my job. He read back Knight.

"Well", I thought, "this will be interesting."

Knight has several upsides and downsides. The largest upsides are Double Grip and the Equip abilities. Double Grip lets me get double damage out with powerful weapons, as well as being one of the few abilities that synergizes with a Berserker. All of the Equip abilities have some use-Equip Shield for the Flame, Ice, and Aegis shields late game, Equip Armor to give mages durability against physically tough bosses, and Equip Swords for everyone. Swords are one of the best weapon types, and some of the best weapons are knightswords. Again, with the Berserker, being able to pass over the Brave Blade or Excalibur would be very helpful.

Speaking of, the Knight isn't perfect. Oh, it's not the limited number of options-having nothing but Fight and Item available is hardly a problem when you can make things fall down quickly. It's that drat Brave Blade. If I didn't have any jobs that would really want the Chicken Knife (e.g. Dancer, Ninja) then I'd be forced to not run from any battle in the game, which would make things a little harder. Still, it's better than Red Mage.

So, from the Wind Shrine to the Tower of Walse, the challenges of note are Karlabos, Siren, Magisa and Forza, and Galura. Three of these were beaten by holding down A and fast forwarding. Galura required me to set up two of my party members in critical and have the other two use !Guard. Then I held down A and fast forwarded. His only source of damage negated, he went down easy. As a side note, if I'd fully decked myself out in heavy armor he'd do no damage to my party. I didn't want to spend the gil on four sets of Iron armor from Worus if I wasn't going to be using it all in five minutes anyway.

The Water Crystal shattered, and I sent off the tweet. Out came the response: Berserker.

This wasn't a huge surprise to me. I had recently finished a playthrough where I used a Berserker or a party member with Berserk almost all the time, and it had worked out well, so I knew the class well. I set up Bartz and Faris as Berserkers, geared up, and went about my merry way. Sure, I was only required to use one, but they're pretty drat powerful and I could have gotten away with three. I wanted to get as much Knight AP for everyone as I could-Double Grip and Equip X would be mainstays of my strategies for a while, so the better to have everyone with a head start.

At Karnak came the Weapon Shop, where I purchased a discount Mythril Hammer before being thrown in jail. I was let out, bought more equipment, raged at my lack of money, sold some of the loot from Castle Tycoon, and bought the rest of my Mythril ensemble. The Steamship was easy enough, though Liquid Flame was a slight challenge. After a couple of deaths, I shuffled around jobs until everyone had learned Double Grip and took him on again. After a couple of false starts, I landed some hits, he didn't use some Flames, and I made it out alive.

The Karnak Castle escape was easy-why wouldn't it be? Physical attackers attack quite quickly, and nothing was especially durable. I looted all the chests, especially the Guardian dagger and the Elf Cape, and made it out with two minutes to spare. The final Seargent died so quickly he didn't even have time to change into Death Claw.

With this victory came the Fire Crystal jobs and my new orders: Gilgabot says Berserker!

at least I don't have to change any jobs at the moment?

The response from someone on IRC: <@Mystic> you are so hosed

Encouraging, no?

Anyway, I made my way down to the Ancient Library, whereupon I noticed that everyone's levels were at 15. Not wanting to meet the business end of a Level 5 Death, I made a mountain of Mythril Dragon corpses until this problem was solved. (Not a single Page 64 lived long enough to use Level 5 Death. Go figure). The Library itself was easy-hold down A until everything died. For Ifrit: Hold down A until he died. For Byblos: hold down A until he died. None of these were hard (Sorry, Mega64!). I met up with Mid, ran him up to Karnak, and so I received the Steamship to swim around in. I didn't feel like walking to Jacohl from the shore, so I made my way to Crescent, fought the enemies there until I received a pair of Doom Axes, and flew the Black Chocobo up to the Ancient Library, and prepared to face off against the Sandworm.

I got my rear end handed to me.

So I tried again. Same result. I decided this was going to end in one of two ways: Either I'd have to farm a bunch of Elixirs in the Wind Shrine, or I'd need to do something about my Berserkers. I took Bartz and Faris behind a tree, bashed their heads in.

Thus that was my party for the Sandworm fight. I ended up chugging a couple of Elixirs anyway, but at least I didn't have to level up to level 70 or anything!

I made my way across the desert, down to Gohn, dodged King Tycoon, warped across the world, raised an airship, and fought Crayclaw. He's vulnerable to instant death. One swipe of the Doom Axe and down he went.

So, next up was the Adamantoise. He's also vulnerable to Instant Death.

Before fighting Sol Cannon, I knew I'd want to get around to hitting Jacohl for the Coral Swords, and did so. The minicannons were nothing to write home about. Sol Cannon himself...was easy. I let the Berserkers do their thing, and had Lenna and Galuf Coral Sword the Launchers. Sol Cannon got off a Surge Beam and died.

The Lonkan Ruins, while an interesting enough dungeon, were easy enough to fight through. I held A. Are you noticing a pattern? I hope so. Almost all of the strategy is in the equipment set up and deciding whether to use a healing item or not with one of my Knights.

Archeoavis was a pushover. His high defense first forms were no match for the mighty axes of my Berserkers, and while he hit hard, a couple of Phoenix Downs and Elixirs solved that. His final form, despite appearances, is not undead, and therefore the Doom Axe worked just as well as it had before.

Boom, stuff blows up blah blah alright Gilgabot, let's see what I have to work with.

oh is this even a surprise look at the title up top.

Galuf left my party, and so I was left with three party members to face the last three bosses of World 1. Titan required me to get some extra Elixirs in order to ensure I survived his death counter, but other than that was nothing worth noting. The Puroboroses were a little more annoying, requiring me to partition out Lenna's attacks to minimize the hurt of Exploder. Mostly, though, I just threw healing items left and right and hoped that everything would work out. I won the battle devoid of Elixirs and the Puroboroses-all six of them-devoid of MP. Chimera Brain is vulnerable to Death.

And so World 1 closed...except not. I was thinking through later strategies, and I decided a fine set up would be my Knight with a Flame Sword and a party wearing Flame Rings. This would turn my Knight into an unlimited X-Potion bot, a perfectly fine way to go, I feel. Unfortunately, the only way to get Flame Rings is to steal them or buy them in World 1 or World 3. I can't steal without the Thief Knife, which I can't get until World 3. I get the Flame Sword late into World 2. So, I had a choice-buy four Flame Rings now, or risk me wishing I had hours later against the Seal Guardians/Exdeath/Antlion/Melusine.

I figured, better safe than sorry, and proceeding to grind Wild Nakks, 625 gil a battle, until I had over 200000 gil, enough for four Flame Rings. I made sure the rest of my equipment was up to date, made sure I had grabbed the Elf Cape from Worus and grabbed two extra Doom Axes, and saved just before the World 1 portal. Now, the real game begins.

My status as of now:

EDIT: Added in Galuf's stats as of his one man army into Exdeath's Castle.

Rosalie_A fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 18, 2012

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

Holy cow I am kicking rear end with Geomancer. My current party of Geomancer, Summoner, Summoner, and Thief all have !Gaia and just destroyed everything in the Library of the Ancients. Byblos didn't attack at all before he went down. He just spammed Protect as if it did anything. Starting the game with Thief was a bit difficult but this could be an easy rest of a play-through.

Motherfucking Ifrit is confused

LoudLoudNoise fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 18, 2012

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
Hi yall I'm going to stream my 4JF Experience starting tonight, it's gonna be a lot of fun so feel free to drop in do some watching: http://www.justin.tv/cube89

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
So I'm at the end of the airship thing with the Sanctum ruler on board. :suicide: Only tried it once, got him below half health, then he blew me up or whatever. So far it's been a pretty fun experience.

Metajo
Nov 1, 2006

Created by R-Force Software
Your Console Sucks

Yeah, just finished, although i got all the way to neoexdeath around 31, there's just no way to keep up with the damage that he does and while dishing it out as well, doesn't help that almagest KO's 3 of my party every time. So despite hating grindng, I ground up for about 15 levels then was able to win after a few retries.

So just my outlook on the run:

Thief first job turned out much better than expected, if you know who drops what, you can be drinking hi-potions before the water crystal and have 4 fire/wall rings before the 3 world, not to mention tons of elixirs. Also !escape helped a lot getting through the the final dungeon.

Monk turned out to be a pretty mediocre job by the end game, it just can't keep up with damage after the legendary weapons are handed out, in the last few battles my monk was pretty much used for throwing out healing items every turn. The knuckle accessory doesn't really help as much as i expected, shame i wasted lots of time getting it.

Berserker is not that bad on this lineup, (luckily only got one,) with rune axe and when they actually hit something, they do decent damage.

Kights are OK, can really say they did anything that amazing other than win a few boss fights with guard and counter, they just deal decent damage and can take hits. Dbl grip and equip swords where helpful when combined with other classes, like making the berserker deal more damage.

The only terrible boss fights were byblos, who I beat just by luck, (2 monks got 3 crits with !charge without him casting armor.)

Overall, not having party healing magic just sucks, And not having magic in general means you probably are going to have to grind into the 40's to complete the game, (would like to see someone prove me wrong.) But other than the end grind the run was fun and enjoyable, will definitely do one again next year.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
A friend of mine is trying to get through the Pyramid right now but has classes Dancer, Geomancer, White Mage, Mystic Knight. Is there a way outside of hoping Gaia will kill both at once to make the fight possible for winning?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ShadeofDante posted:

A friend of mine is trying to get through the Pyramid right now but has classes Dancer, Geomancer, White Mage, Mystic Knight. Is there a way outside of hoping Gaia will kill both at once to make the fight possible for winning?

Pretty sure they can be slept. Fire up that Sleep Blade.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

der juicen posted:

So I'm at the end of the airship thing with the Sanctum ruler on board. :suicide: Only tried it once, got him below half health, then he blew me up or whatever. So far it's been a pretty fun experience.

The next section is a drag, even for people who say they like the game, so be forwarned. Though you're not too far away from Pulse now.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Started playing FF7 HardType mod recently and it's making it a little more interesting when replaying the game again, can't just hold O at every battle anymore.

However I've already hit a bit of a wall with Reno on the pillar... Cloud, Barret, Tifa all at lv. 11 and his electro-mag rod basically is giving me 1-2 limit breaks per round, but he Pyramids so fast that I've gotten game overs 3 times now after the last man standing was quickly killed while trying to break the 2 pyramids (obviously Reno won't attack someone in one) because he is taking people out in 2-3 hits (everyone in back row).

It's already forcing me to make more use of Steal, Magic, etc. than I ever did in vanilla, so that's a bit more fun I spose.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ShadeofDante posted:

Along with the Sleep Blade, as mentioned already, Moore is just a short walk to the northwest of the pyramid. When there, you can pick up either the Brave Blade or Chicken Knife. Brave Blade is Knight only though, so getting the Chicken Knife is probably a better idea especially if you give it to the Dancer.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Any good tips for Archaeavis? I have 2 Mystic Knights, a Monk, and a Ranger, and as soon as it resurrects itself the first time, I just can't outheal its damage with only Chakra and potions.

And while I'm posting I want to thank Mega64 for cluing me in about using counter against Liquid Flame. Every boss/miniboss so far is basically either I stomp all over them with spellblades or it's just Faris left alive (who heals more than anyone else with Chakra for some reason).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SO yeah, I don't know if this was posted, but the Theatrhythm trailer is making me want the game more. I didn't think I could like the idea of a Rhythm RPG so much, but this is really great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHqIsFHFGrQ&hd=1

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Twitch posted:

Any good tips for Archaeavis? I have 2 Mystic Knights, a Monk, and a Ranger, and as soon as it resurrects itself the first time, I just can't outheal its damage with only Chakra and potions.

And while I'm posting I want to thank Mega64 for cluing me in about using counter against Liquid Flame. Every boss/miniboss so far is basically either I stomp all over them with spellblades or it's just Faris left alive (who heals more than anyone else with Chakra for some reason).

If you can tolerate farming enough gil for a Flame Ring, you can use that + Fire 2 Sword to generate massive self-healing. If you change weapons through the item menu, it strips off your Spellblade, meaning you can get around his elemental immunities. (Or just throw on another one.)

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kyrosiris posted:

If you can tolerate farming enough gil for a Flame Ring, you can use that + Fire 2 Sword to generate massive self-healing. If you change weapons through the item menu, it strips off your Spellblade, meaning you can get around his elemental immunities. (Or just throw on another one.)

drat, I got like 20,000 gil getting up to it then escaping the dungeon, but spent it all on heals and phoenix downs. I might try that.

Oh god I hope I get Chemist as my 4th class so I can at least use healing staff. Using all fighting classes is both easy and a pain in the rear end depending on the encounter.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

SO yeah, I don't know if this was posted, but the Theatrhythm trailer is making me want the game more. I didn't think I could like the idea of a Rhythm RPG so much, but this is really great.

I'd like it more if I didn't think the art style was so hideous.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 18, 2012

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

der juicen posted:

Also, a secret about that boss (if you haven't already beaten him). When he starts charging up that super attack, and every logical fiber in your body is screaming to heal up and get as many Sentinels as you can on the field? Ignore them, go :black101: on his rear end until you hear him grunt, and you'll literally reduce the damage of that attack by about half.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Pesky Splinter posted:

It also looks like they changed the EBA formula to something worse for no real reason. Why are the prompts on the top screen? It looks like it doesn't matter at all where you actually tap the touch screen, meaning all the fancy paths the cursor goes on are just for show.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Oh my gently caress Byblos is slaying me. I never had trouble with him before but a White Mage White Image Berserker team just cannot do damage fast enough after Dischord. I threw another Berserker in to try to make up speed but I think I'm just too low a level. Has anyone else had this team? Is level 14 too low? I wanted to kill him before hitting level 15 in the library for obvious reasons.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Got my last job. Team is White Mage/Red Mage/Geomancer/Berserker. Only major hiccups I've had so far are Garula, although mainly for how tedious the fight is, and Archeoaevis, since as soon as it resurrected, I was stuck doing about 400 damage a turn, along with having to spam Cura.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Trasson posted:

The Saga of the Knight and Three Berserkers: Update the First

I'm rooting for you, man. There can't be too many people unlucky cursed special enough to roll up three berserkers, Risk or no. Here's hoping you can take it all the way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pesky Splinter posted:

Why does everyone look like they have :downs:, and why is the interface on the top screen? To confuse the player? What the gently caress is with those retarded mad libs? It's like, how do you make so many bad design decisions at once?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Oh my gently caress Byblos is slaying me. I never had trouble with him before but a White Mage White Image Berserker team just cannot do damage fast enough after Dischord. I threw another Berserker in to try to make up speed but I think I'm just too low a level. Has anyone else had this team? Is level 14 too low? I wanted to kill him before hitting level 15 in the library for obvious reasons.

I was around L17 when I beat him, though I lucked out and never had him cast Protect before he skipped to the Drain phase.

You'll want to go all-out offensive on him and be thankful you have good healing available. A couple levels will help immensely as well. After that, it's a matter of how much time you want to spend grinding versus how much time you want to spend pressing your luck until you get a lucky break.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

Sex_Ferguson posted:

That just looks terrible. There are a ton of rhythm games on the DS, I'm yet to play one that I find tolerable.

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!
Ugh, Sol Cannon is kicking my poo poo in, especially once Old connects. Even with three people casting Cura I just can't keep up with the damage between Missle and the cannon itself, and with Old my Curas just keep getting weaker. Time to grind again, I guess. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Xillah posted:

That just looks terrible. There are a ton of rhythm games on the DS, I'm yet to play one that I find tolerable.