Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
im pretty sure im doing well enough to bounce to another country if, in fact, the proles here become too dumb for corporations to utilize them. how's my Q3 forecast...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my entire goal in life is to do well enough to bounce to a good country

I don't want to be old in whatever the US healthcare system is going to become in 30 years

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah, skip out to a nation that has a good environment and natural resources, you'll be safe from the clutches of the united states of amerikkka

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there's not going to be a US healthcare system in 30 years because there isn't going to be a US in 30 years

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

I don't want to be old in whatever the US healthcare system is going to become in 30 years

exactly

and US science funding is already circling the drain. i'm glad to be headed out

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

qirex posted:

honey, your dad has started talking about moving to sweden again. do you think it's time we took him to the local death panel for a consultation

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Hammerite posted:

honey, your dad has started talking about moving to sweden again. do you think it's time we took him to the local death panel for a consultation

lol

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
lmao at people who want to move to anywhere but the us for gay political reasons

lmao^2 at those who say the same but are out of college

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

vacuum_doing_coke.gif

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
didnt have that one handy but that was the intent

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
what page of the citizenship request form do i attach my hurt feelings report????

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

there's not going to be a US healthcare system in 30 years because there isn't going to be a US in 30 years

if there's no us there's nothing stopping rear end in a top hat us military people from starting nuclear wars, with our laready existing massive nuclear weapon stocks.

so basically everyone dies.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

didnt have that one handy but that was the intent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj8W5LhvMtQ

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Why are people making music videos of Wizards?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Never heard the term HENRY before but every young project lead at my job has a rolex and a luxury car and a crotch rocket or harley lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_(music)

quote:

In hip hop and electronica, a short break is also known as a "cut", and the reintroduction of the full bass line and drums is known as a "drop", which is sometimes accented by cutting off everything, even the percussion.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

That movie was weird as hell, but I still enjoyed it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

got dat wmd posted:

High earner not rich yet. Basically idiots that spend spend spend when they make their first 100 grand instead of investing because they think theyre ballin

https://twitter.com/boonepickens/status/207984741260070914

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

got dat wmd posted:

Public school teachers in Massachusetts are always bitching about their pay despite the fact that all they do is teach how to pass the mcas test. Awful

i guarantee you they aren't very happy about the curriculum imposed on them either

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

got dat wmd posted:

Public school teachers in Massachusetts are always bitching about their pay despite the fact that all they do is teach how to pass the mcas test. Awful

can't tell if this is a joke??? also pay teachers more and you will attract better people to the teaching trade but whatever gently caress unions i guess i'll just waste money on a private school

i'm a privilege-haver and it's not really any better

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

teachers unions #1 priority is to keep teachers employed so gently caress them

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
yeh unions are poo poo but literally all that's need to pass highschool now in this state is to pass one standardized test so poo poo teachers with their poo poo unions just teach kids how to pass the test and literally nothing else matters

when i took the fire exam in april for the hell of it it was heald at a public high school and when i was walking out i passed by a grades board and 90% of the students had gpas that were probably a mean of 1.5 with tons below 0.5

public school is loving worthless and it's pathetic

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
http://www.henryshunanrestaurant.com/

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

got dat wmd posted:

yeh unions are poo poo but literally all that's need to pass highschool now in this state is to pass one standardized test so poo poo teachers with their poo poo unions just teach kids how to pass the test and literally nothing else matters

when i took the fire exam in april for the hell of it it was heald at a public high school and when i was walking out i passed by a grades board and 90% of the students had gpas that were probably a mean of 1.5 with tons below 0.5

otoh public schools are very important for educating the future workforce, and since they teach skills most dumbasses wouldn't have... well they don't teach well and teh lovely test-drive approach is really dumb. Thanks no child left behind.

Teachers do get paid like 0 money though, so it's not like we are going out of our way to pay them. Public schools right now are garbage, but that's a huge problem because we need an educated workforce, which apparently nobody who is making policy realizes.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

got dat wmd posted:

and private schools are so much better because? oh yeah they have a ROCK WALL and a SWIMMING POOL some real good learning taking place there

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I literally can't comprehend the thought process that goes "public schools suck because of the excessive reliance on standardized tests and GREEDY TEACHERS. private schools will obv. solve these problems!"

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Pay for grades or get poo poo grades. Your two options for school until unversity/college.

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011
private schools have enough money to have one bathroom per studnt
this is obv v important to got dat wmd

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
the GREEDY TEACHERS complaint is compeltely baseless and retarded. The testing thing has some validity imo. I mean, standardized tests have value, ensuring that students have basic standard skills, but there's a bunch of weird garbage with moving goalposts for test scores due to policy and poo poo.

but in general, even if you think the education at public schools suck, it IS an education and if people don't get it at all, poo poo ain't good. Education is kind of super important for the economy dumbasses.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress you gotdatwmd, you're a fucker

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
private schools are better because you pay more for them, much like how the $10,000 speaker cables vastly improve your home entertainment experience

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Private schools are much better to go to because you dont have to try at all and all the girls are rich and slutty(it has nothing to do with the education)

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Bill O'Riley is GENIUS posted:

private schools are better because you pay more for them, much like how the $10,000 speaker cables vastly improve your home entertainment experience

private schools - if all you care about are hard skills

public schools - if all you care about are soft skills

public schools in a non poo poo (not ghetto area) - if you aren't scrub tier and live somewhere that costs money to live in because it's nice, both soft skills and hard skills are learned

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
I went to a private elementary/middle school, but a public highschool (it was one for nerds though, had to take a test and poo poo, I was a smart kid :downs:)

at least private schools are better than homeschooling though, on the social spectrum.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
for sure

homeschooling is awful i could only imagine

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
homeschooling should be banned because only the worst possible people to be in charge of a kids education do it

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
I had a friend who got homeschooled. Dude was hosed up. He went for some public highschooling though and... was still hosed up.

He went to college but dropped out, now he's one of those dudes who contacts me on gtalk sometimes and I really wish he wouldn't.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

every minnesota state budget since i graduated high school has cut k12 funding. because cocks like GDW vote :downs:

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
all schools should be college preparatory schools or follow a KIPP-like charter school method.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

if youre against unions youre a terrible person hth