Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Looks like he's bounding along the sidewalk. Cool Cat.

Here is Roosevelt posing like a Cat In The Sunset:

And here is Nina aka Nina Bo Bina behaving by trees a few christmases ago. (tape on stairs is because of cat-claws)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

dunkman posted:

Are there any bay area based cat sitters in this thread?

my friend needs help with his homework, and uhhh yeah.

allergic to cats
have a dog

sorry broseph

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Roosevelt posted:

Went through some of these cat vids and this one is really good. 2x silent chirps + 2x Gohan chirps (cat's name is Gohan) + purrs and food. A must see. I don't know what type of breed Gohan is but he purrs like a normal cat.

Even better, gohan can just mean "food" so she is asking him "Food?" and he is answering "yeah". :3:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Even better, gohan can just mean "food" so she is asking him "Food?" and he is answering "yeah". :3:

Wwoah this adds a whole new dimension to this thing. So tell me professor is this cat's name Gohan or not?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Roosevelt posted:

And here is Nina aka Nina Bo Bina behaving by trees a few christmases ago. (tape on stairs is because of cat-claws)

He ended up just laying there, inviting belly rubs. I did not fall for the trap.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

jwoven posted:

He ended up just laying there, inviting belly rubs. I did not fall for the trap.

Why would you not do belly rubs on that you ninny.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

this iamge owns because the eyes

Dache
Dec 26, 2003

this happy little fella is steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXmFDRwEpv0
This was one of Germany's regional TV station's intermission footage until well into the 80s

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Roosevelt posted:

Why would you not do belly rubs on that you ninny.

I have patted that cat before.
I have fallen for that trap before.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Dache posted:

Germany's regional TV station's intermission footage

"pausenkatzen" lol is that really like a word in german

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

beatlegs posted:

"pausenkatzen" lol is that really like a word in german

German is like nothing but compound words.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

compound words are pretty great and apparently germans love them for wordplay

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Compound words are cool and English has more than you'd think.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

but pausenkatzen is so specific

what word in English would be equivelant to "pausing to show you cats"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

beatlegs posted:

"internet"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

tbh pausenkatzen sounds like one of those faux German words made up by an American.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

beatlegs posted:

pawse?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
so i just put it on my tongue and

WOAH

gooby pls
May 18, 2012

ahhh spiders posted:

he's gonna look cool

peeko appreciates your support

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler

beatlegs posted:

Pausenkatzen = intermission cats

intermission to show cats = Katzenpause

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I respect Germans more now also this is the best thread on sa bar none

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
so i visited the parents this past weekend for father's day, which let's be honest was more about seeing their 3 legged catte than it was about anything else

he greets me when I come in now rather than run away scared like he used to. he still "brings" me to his room so i can pette him there, though

fell asleep mid petting session

my parents' bed, his 2nd most favorite place to sleep. please understand that my mom previously would not allow so much as a jacket to be gently placed upon the bed

i never grew up with a pet because as my parents said "you can't even take care of your slovenly self, you're going to take care of an animal???" and as such we never knew the awesomeness of pet ownership, though my dad secretly kept his desire for a catte inside him (my grandma kept strays in their apartment and he loved them except for the time one of them gave birth in his winter jacket and his mom made him go to school in said jacket the same day).

so my mom being a hard-rear end i knew the only way to reel her in was 1) giving the catte as a gift to dad so she can't say poo poo and 2) giving my dad a disabled catte so if my mom rejected him, she'd feel like human filth

you can guess how well things have turned out since 2 years later this is his literal bedroom:

this used to be my bedroom. now it's the cattes. instead of hip hop posters and bideo games it's photographs of other random cattes my parents find at garage sales and issues of cat fancy strewn about.

a bedroom that belonged to a 6'3" 18 year old. now a cat's :catstare:

disabled cats best cats

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
Lou

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:kimchi:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hey lou!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lou get out of the tub

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Hamburglar posted:

disabled cats best cats

pro cat

pro story

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Good morning!

Get up get up

no Aja i don't need a bath i'm asleep gaaaaah

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Argona posted:

pro cat

pro story

tyvm

one thing i forgot to mention is at like 6 am he makes these really tiny "test" meows to see if my parents are awake. like just loud enough so that they can hear it if they are awake but not loud enough to wake them up. a catte that's self-aware :3:

edit: can anyone looking at the pics i posted tell me if it looks painful that you can kind of see his bare skin? like the bone is right there, and I am worried he's in constant pain or something, though I doubt it since the only time he cries is when he accidentally jumps off the bed and lands on his stump :(

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 19, 2012

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Hamburglar posted:

tyvm

one thing i forgot to mention is at like 6 am he makes these really tiny "test" meows to see if my parents are awake. like just loud enough so that they can hear it if they are awake but not loud enough to wake them up. a catte that's self-aware :3:

edit: can anyone looking at the pics i posted tell me if it looks painful that you can kind of see his bare skin? like the bone is right there, and I am worried he's in constant pain or something, though I doubt it since the only time he cries is when he accidentally jumps off the bed and lands on his stump :(

No, he looks fine. It is a little weird looking I know, but they manage very well at 75% leg capacity. You'd cry too if you landed on the end of your wrist without your hand to distribute the force :)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Eggplant Wizard posted:

No, he looks fine. It is a little weird looking I know, but they manage very well at 75% leg capacity. You'd cry too if you landed on the end of your wrist without your hand to distribute the force :)

No I totally understand why he'd cry when accidentally landing on it. I was just worried he's constantly in some slight amount of pain just because it almost looks like the skin is being pulled. I am just paranoid I'm sure.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Hamburglar posted:

No I totally understand why he'd cry when accidentally landing on it. I was just worried he's constantly in some slight amount of pain just because it almost looks like the skin is being pulled. I am just paranoid I'm sure.

If he were in pain he probably would be hiding, not eating, lethargic, aggressive, or any combination of those. I'm sure he's fine :)

Here is Luna wearing her beeyootiful Christmas apparel. Note her subtle tabby pattern in the grey :3: You can only see it in certain lights.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

goodness

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
http://gothamist.com/2012/06/19/bodega_cats_1.php

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I would totally change my shopping habbits if it meant I could pette a chill catte.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjAcUygnII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL8TtMuAtvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=913lGKd8fQ0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdJAFbRbwT0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed14z79Ek4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O5Hpjs6NAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eu7a1IgPmA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1nj022wwo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Someone was giving away this cat:

It's like a normal cat inside a badly fitting fat suit.