Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Also the one that looks like they are taking it a different direction. Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing.

All I remember in the E3 thread was THANKS alot EA. That was probably not good at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think in the end Dead Space and Dragon Age are going to be linked in how EA ruined their respective franchises. I'm willing to bet after the first games were surprise hits, the developers were told to tweak the games to make it more accessible and thus attempting to get higher sales. Both DS2 and DA2 fell short from their predecessors and started to stray out of the original genres. With Dead Space 3 looking worse and worse as we get closer to it, I can only wonder how bad Dragon Age 3 will come out of the gate. Bioware has fallen quite a bit since getting acquired by EA.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

axleblaze posted:

The one that's not out yet.
Oh, I misunderstood, I thought that was the one that they were now thinking of not making.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm confused, what is the third main Dead Space game you guys are talking about?

I was counting Dead Space 3 here since it is announced and coming out. Same as Far Cry 3 being announced but not out yet.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought that was the one that they were now thinking of not making.

Dead Space 3 is gonna get made. They're just saying that it needs to sell 5 million units for them to bother continuing with the franchise.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Hahaha I never saw Dead Space 3's cover until now, it's the cherry on top of the "we want CoD's audience" sundae.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Ryaomon posted:

Hahaha I never saw Dead Space 3's cover until now, it's the cherry on top of the "we want CoD's audience" sundae.

Oh good, I can add this to my collage of "Guy walking toward you" video game box art covers.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Harlock posted:

I think in the end Dead Space and Dragon Age are going to be linked in how EA ruined their respective franchises. I'm willing to bet after the first games were surprise hits, the developers were told to tweak the games to make it more accessible and thus attempting to get higher sales. Both DS2 and DA2 fell short from their predecessors and started to stray out of the original genres. With Dead Space 3 looking worse and worse as we get closer to it, I can only wonder how bad Dragon Age 3 will come out of the gate. Bioware has fallen quite a bit since getting acquired by EA.

I don't think you can call Dragon Age a "surprise hit." If anything they were disappointed by it not crossing over from the target audience into the NEW poo poo demographic, hence the direction of Dragon Age 2.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ryaomon posted:

Wow they really went with that. I know I know, it's just a cover. Most cover these days aren't that great but for those excited for D3?

Come on that basically screams Battlefield/COD cover. Sheesh. They didn't even try.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

axleblaze posted:

Dead Space 3 is gonna get made. They're just saying that it needs to sell 5 million units for them to bother continuing with the franchise.

Makes me wonder what the marketing will be like for it to try to reach that number. Hopefully used wisely and not dropped into even more abhorrent animated and comic book tie ins.

I think something EA is missing out on here is the magic of RE4 and why RE4 is one of the best games ever made. It's because it fluidly switches from cheeseball to badass to almost actually scary and back whenever it wants.

When RE4 starts, I won't say it's "hard" per se but you can die pretty easily, you're outnumbered, out gunned, etc. then it gradually becomes an 80s action movie. Instead of deciding "We are Alien" or "We are Terminator 2" it borrows from everything at once, from Nights of Terror to Gymkata to Alien 3 to The Thing, both visually and tonally. When I talk to people about RE4, I'll hear descriptions of what they like that, taken without context, could be describing totally different games. RE4 across the GC/PS2/Wii sold about five million units total across their lifetime. That's with flawlessly executed universal appeal and the very, very massive amount of hype leading up to and around RE4's release in general, I mean this was the first Resident Evil sequel for some time, it was huge.

There's no way DS3 is hitting five million if it's going to play like just another cover shooter with gory dudes.

EDIT:

AHAHA That cover is literally the "hardened veteran strides towards you with purpose" of Modern Warfare 2 and 3 and Battlefield 3 fame. I love it. :)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Neo Rasa posted:

Makes me wonder what the marketing will be like for it to try to reach that number. Hopefully used wisely and not dropped into even more abhorrent animated and comic book tie ins.
Marketing is probably why it needs to sell 5 million copies because the cost will be astronomical.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

ImpAtom posted:

We have three main Dead Space games, a rail shooter spinoff and several mini spinoff games. Far Cry has fewer games if you're not counting ports.

Far Cry 1
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Far Cry Instincts
Far Cry Instincts Evolution
Far Cry Vengeance
Far Cry Predator

I would call them ports but they are all different games with different plots.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Alright, I pushed through, and inFamous 1 is now my first plat. Congratulations/gently caress off, inFamous!

I honestly started off having a lot of fun with the game and I'm looking forward to i2, but drat, there were some controller-throwing design decisions in that game.

On a more positive note, there were some neat little touches that I really enjoyed. How the average person reacted to you based on whether you were good or evil, and I really liked how people would run up to you and ask you for help. "Mr. Cole, can you heal this person?"

Also, that ending. I was not expecting that at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Harlock posted:

Marketing is probably why it needs to sell 5 million copies because the cost will be astronomical.
This actually brings up something that my dad told me a long time ago (being in marketing) that I don't know applies to games or not: Here in this forum we use "marketing" to mean the same as "advertising", but he said that's completely backwards. Marketing is what determines what product gets made in the first place. With no marketing, there is no product. Making a product without marketing and then trying to market it afterwards is a complete waste of time and resources. Is that what happens in the game biz?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I think it is. A game begins development, then after the fact it's decided how they'll make it appeal to people. The marketing is built around the game in progress rather than the game being made to appeal to something in particular from the ground up.

blackguy32 posted:

Far Cry 1
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Far Cry Instincts
Far Cry Instincts Evolution
Far Cry Vengeance
Far Cry Predator

I would call them ports but they are all different games with different plots.

The chronology* is a bit interesting actually:

Dead Space
Dead Space: Extraction
Dead Space: Ignition
Dead Space 2
Dead Space (iOS, no subtitle despite being a totally different game with a new character)
Dead Space 3

Far Cry
Far Cry Instincts
Far Cry Instincts: Evolution
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicle
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
Assassin's Creed II: Discovery
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed: Liberation

Ubisoft is really aggressive about dropping handheld games to go along with their main releases. EA seems content to have a spinoff game or two but nothing particularly egregious. Far Cry was frustrating at the time because of the short gap between Evolution and Predator coming out.

*While Predator re-models some of the characters, it's actually Instincts and Evolution on one disk rather than another full re-plotting of the game.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 19, 2012

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Neo Rasa posted:

I think it is. A game begins development, then after the fact it's decided how they'll make it appeal to people. The marketing is built around the game in progress rather than the game being made to appeal to something in particular from the ground up.

To be fair, a lot of video games tend to go after the exact same demographic, so it's almost less of "What demographic can we sell this product to" and more "How can we sell this product to our already established demographic".

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Far Cry Instincts blew me away when it was released for the Xbox, too bad the expansion pack was mediocre and the Xbox 360 port had a reworked incredibly hard difficulty that made it an unfun chore to play. Instinct's powers mixed with Far Cry 2's combat, open world and weapon mechanics alongside a plethora of sidequests would be amazing.
Far Cry 3 looks pretty bland in comparison: regenerating health, level up system, simplified combat and that hilariously bad storyline of a white college kid leading a bunch of savages to victory that the developers seem to want everyone to take seriously (not that 2's story was much better).

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Harlock posted:

Both DS2 and DA2 fell short from their predecessors and started to stray out of the original genres.

Was Dead Space 2 not well received? I thought it was pretty solid but I can understand that devoting time to creating a multiplayer experience might draw away from the development but overall I thought it stayed on target.

But the first E3 footage of Dead Space 3 had me wondering if they just adapted some other game and put in a DLC armor of the Dead Space character. Maybe they just chose sections of the game that show the departures but drat if they didn't diverge heavily from the style DS1 and DS2 (in my opinion) presented.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought Dead Space 2 was WAY better than the first one and it always confuses me a buit when people say it was way worse. I do admit though that I didn't find the first one scary at all, so the refocus on bigger action and more over the top freaky stuff worked well for me.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Policenaut posted:

To anyone who was interested in Anarchy Reigns, you are so screwed. The game has fallen into Q1 2013 for the West, while the Japanese version drops next month on July 5th. However, as I've posted about before, the Japanese version is also fully localized into English which the Japanese PSN demo helps to prove (you can change it to English in the Options menu)

So here, let me try to help. Cross-post style!

Anarchy Reigns 5
Trailer
Description: Platinum Games, the people who brought you Bayonetta and Vanquish, present their newest insane action game! Pick from one of over a dozen characters, each with their own unique combat styles, and come together in a gigantic brawl. Fast paced action, stylish visuals, fluid gameplay, random events, oodles of modes, and fights composed of up to 16 combatants all make up the anarchy of this game!
Language: English
Trophies: Yes
Where to buy: AmiAmi: $84, Play-Asia: $90, YesAsia: $92

It's looking like Anarchy Reigns will be the next Demon's Souls for crazy Japanese games with full English translations only available in the East. I know people who've never imported a game ever putting the 90 some-odd dollars down for this.

I preordered it; Platinum is a studio I want to support, and I feel like their games don't get the recognition they deserve.

Is there a reason given for the delay? I'm worried that this is an indication that Platinum is losing publisher support, which is likely a death-knell for the developer. Their games tend to be pretty niche already, and with them being jerked about like this by Sega, things aren't looking hopeful for success.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Coca Koala posted:

I preordered it; Platinum is a studio I want to support, and I feel like their games don't get the recognition they deserve.

Is there a reason given for the delay? I'm worried that this is an indication that Platinum is losing publisher support, which is likely a death-knell for the developer. Their games tend to be pretty niche already, and with them being jerked about like this by Sega, things aren't looking hopeful for success.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Anarchy Reigns is getting the same treatment that Sega gave Obsidian's Alpha Protocol. Another game that got delayed like 6/7 months, which I believe was so they could release it in a different quarter so it would show up on that quarter's earnings report or some business deal. Maybe someone more familiar with that game's history could help me out on that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GUI posted:

Far Cry Instincts blew me away when it was released for the Xbox, too bad the expansion pack was mediocre and the Xbox 360 port had a reworked incredibly hard difficulty that made it an unfun chore to play. Instinct's powers mixed with Far Cry 2's combat, open world and weapon mechanics alongside a plethora of sidequests would be amazing.
Far Cry 3 looks pretty bland in comparison: regenerating health, level up system, simplified combat and that hilariously bad storyline of a white college kid leading a bunch of savages to victory that the developers seem to want everyone to take seriously (not that 2's story was much better).

If they have the buddy system in place again, FC3 will be a day one purchase. But nothing we've seen seems to indicate that you can choose your character, so it seems like one of the neatest features of the second game isn't making it to the next.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Dead Space had it's moments, but I really can't see how it deserved a sequel, let alone making Dead Space an institution.

I thought DS1 it was pretty novel for this generation, and competently executed, but is that all that is needed to make a sequel? I didn't care at all for the characters or the story or whatever, and by the time I was half way through DS1 I was already getting tired of the game play.

Why can't developers just be satisfied with the occasional one-off hit and leave it be? Dead Space would have been great as a sort of weird cult game that you play through every now and again, but it's total poo poo as an episodic franchise.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Coca Koala posted:

Platinum will be fine. Their games sell like poo poo but other studios realize they're really good at making games so they give them projects to do. They're making the new Metal Gear game under supervision of Konami and they're making a Nintendo published game as well.

Think of their awesome critically acclaimed sales flops as resume builders :v:

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

This Jacket Is Me posted:

Why can't developers just be satisfied with the occasional one-off hit and leave it be? Dead Space would have been great as a sort of weird cult game that you play through every now and again, but it's total poo poo as an episodic franchise.

I think Dead Space has a lot of offer in terms of providing a unique environment which works well for the survival horror concept. A spaceship is a great place for claustrophobic corridors and environmental dangers like rooms that can kill you without bending over backwards to create artificial problems.

That said, the series has problems. I've never seen a core gameplay concept be so clumsily handled like they did with dismemberment. It was like they built the game and then realized not everyone watched developer interviews on gametrailers so they put in text logs in the game telling you to shoot off arms and legs. Having played 1 and 2 I still don't think they've ever really touched on why you need to do it.

And if ever a series begs for a new hero for every sequel it's this one. I was done with Isaac at the end of DS1. Having him again in DS2 just meant way less to me because he was returned to zero equipment wise and the story touched on too many elements already in DS1. Especially considering the guy is usually just an anonymous space helmet for the vast majority of the experience, just let me have a new hero in DS2 and DS3. There's enough freaky poo poo to go around and you don't have to work hard to discard all of the gameplay development in the previous game.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Speaking of Platinum, I've heard murmurings that Vanquish is a good game. It kinda seem like it came and went; would it be worthwhile to track down a copy? I played the demo when it came out and had fun, but it seems like completely dropped off the radar.

Though from the recent posts, it doesn't seem like that's very surprising. I thought Bayonetta was well-received?

EDIT: ^^That would actually be pretty awesome if in DS2 you got to play as a zealot of the religious order who gets spared from infestation and realizes how much of an insane cult the whole thing is.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

Spincut posted:

Speaking of Platinum, I've heard murmurings that Vanquish is a good game. It kinda seem like it came and went; would it be worthwhile to track down a copy? I played the demo when it came out and had fun, but it seems like completely dropped off the radar.

Though from the recent posts, it doesn't seem like that's very surprising. I thought Bayonetta was well-received?

Its quite cheap these days anyway so it wouldn't be much of a gamble. There's a demo up on PSN but i'm not sure how representative that is of the finished product. It's basically a (not)-cover shooter that borrows heavily from Bayonetta's style-over-believability combat. You're basically a super powered techno nerd fighting russian robots on a space station in a suit that has rockets in the shoes.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Ape Agitator posted:

That said, the series has problems. I've never seen a core gameplay concept be so clumsily handled like they did with dismemberment. It was like they built the game and then realized not everyone watched developer interviews on gametrailers so they put in text logs in the game telling you to shoot off arms and legs. Having played 1 and 2 I still don't think they've ever really touched on why you need to do it.

There's also lots and lots of lost potential. You can freely explore but there's no reason to. You get a variety of guns, but only a few actually make any sense. You can interact with things, but those "things" basically amount to only doors and computer screens. The physics engine seems pretty well thought out, but I didn't run into any instance of actually using it.

The environments and setting are very good, and like I said for someone who is only looking at games on the PS3/360 DS seems unique, but as someone who has played horror and even space horror games since freakin' Doom came out, I was just underwhelmed both by the style and the blandness of the gameplay.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Personally I think my favorite thing about the original Dead Space was the fact that Isaac didn't talk during the whole thing. It made the whole exprience a lot more unnerving and unsettling for me, as the only communication I had was other characters and the rest of the time it was just logs or flat out silence.

My big worry with 3 is that it won't have the same kind of atmosphere. I mean the fact that the 'drop in co-op' buddy cracks wise and is a military dude kind of ruins that aspect, but more they challenge I'm curious as to see if they can pull off is if they can make it at all scary for two people when they're chatting over a headset.

Basically if they can manage to make me have to go gently caress in the middle of a sentence with my co-op partner due to something spooking me or jumping out, I'll be sold.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Dead Space 2 beat the first one in terms of gameplay, but in atmosphere and art style the first was better. I played both back to back and the first one's graphics had a rustier look to them that made the atmosphere more oppressive, in contrast both 2 and Extraction had a cleaner color palette and the character designs gave it an overall cartoony look. It seems like this is continuing in 3 as well.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spincut posted:

EDIT: ^^That would actually be pretty awesome if in DS2 you got to play as a zealot of the religious order who gets spared from infestation and realizes how much of an insane cult the whole thing is.

Bayonetta sold alright, I think their first game to break 1 million. If you look at the track record of both Platinum and a lot of their previous experience under Clover:

Viewtiful Joe
Okami
God Hand
Bayonetta
Vanquish

They are the kings of polished, well-received games that flop sales-wise, even before they were doing the publishing deal with Sega. I think their Sega deal is over now so they can do whatever they want, maybe they'll do better under new publishers but at least they'll keep making good games.

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

I bought Enslaved on play recently and its ID is BLES 00990, the DLC in inland Europe requires BLES 00890. And apparently they don't mix. Does anybody know of any sort of fix for this?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think their Sega deal is over now so they can do whatever they want, maybe they'll do better under new publishers but at least they'll keep making good games.

Unfortunately, Sega still owns the rights to the IPs and characters that Platinum developed for them, so we can't expect another Bayonetta or Vanquish unless Sega chooses to make one.

Expect ByN from Ninja Theory in a couple of years, featuring the origin story of Bayonetta as an 18 year old stripper from Essex.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That loving Sned posted:

Unfortunately, Sega still owns the rights to the IPs and characters that Platinum developed for them, so we can't expect another Bayonetta or Vanquish unless Sega chooses to make one.
Maybe when Sega eventually goes bankrupt they can buy the rights to those characters.

axleblaze posted:

I thought Dead Space 2 was WAY better than the first one and it always confuses me a buit when people say it was way worse. I do admit though that I didn't find the first one scary at all, so the refocus on bigger action and more over the top freaky stuff worked well for me.
Dead Space 2 was pretty uneven I think. The combat was slightly improved, but I thought the environments and art direction took a bad turn. Someone else already touched upon the look of the game compared to the first. It just started the gradual shift from survival horror (yes, I think the original Dead Space was pretty creepy and atmospheric) to a more action vibe. Lost Planet Dead Space 3 is now pulling out all the stops with cover based shooting, chest high walls, and the fact that you fight actual people and monsters. Couple this with a co-op buddy and the horror aspect is completely down the shitter. It's RE5 in space. But worse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harlock posted:

Maybe when Sega eventually goes bankrupt they can buy the rights to those characters.

Platinum is going bankrupt well before Sega.

I'm surprised they aren't already.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I don't think the texture artwork in DS1 is inherently better, the lighting is the real trick there. It's much more consistent and focused in DS1. In DS1 you can tell they took a long, hard look at Alien and said "this but rustier." It's consistent throughout. Dead Space 2's lighting starts out strong but at about the halfway point someone decided it was to be the bluest game. DS1 had a consistent tone and purpose to how its lighting was used that gives it a relatively unique look amongst other AAA games. I think someone already made the joke earlier but this DS3 footage could easily have had "Lost Planet 3" or "Gears of War 3.5" or whatever at the beginning and you wouldn't have known the difference.

Ape Agitator posted:

And if ever a series begs for a new hero for every sequel it's this one. I was done with Isaac at the end of DS1. Having him again in DS2 just meant way less to me because he was returned to zero equipment wise and the story touched on too many elements already in DS1. Especially considering the guy is usually just an anonymous space helmet for the vast majority of the experience, just let me have a new hero in DS2 and DS3. There's enough freaky poo poo to go around and you don't have to work hard to discard all of the gameplay development in the previous game.

This I agree with, I was really happy with Extraction for that reason actually. I feel like the franchise limits itself in that respect, it wants us to be in awe of this huge setting and the scope of the world they created but that's very challenging when each game is the same person going through basically the same stuff.

Spincut posted:

You guys might actually want to try the iOS game. You play as one of the Unitologists that sabotages the Sprawl but then you have a change of heart and go around dismembering Necromorphs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7diyQkcaM

That reminds me of another problem with Dead Space 2. In Dead Space 1 and Extraction what the Marker actually does/etc. is a legendary myth even to some of the most in-the-know Unitologists. In DS2 it obviously turns people into mutated creatures rather than ascending them into heaven yet people still follow this?

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 19, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think every horror game does this.

Resident Evil 3: Weird puzzles and tank controls
Resident Evil 4: Hell yeah shoot things, still kinda creepy, ahh a chainsaw
Resident Evil 5: PRESS O TO HIDE BEHIND COVER FROM THE ZOMBIFIED GUNNERS

Dead Space just started from RE4's position

Aphrodite posted:

Platinum is going bankrupt well before Sega.

I'm surprised they aren't already.

Again they're usually contracted to do games by another studio or publisher. The last 5 games were Sega, their next games are Nintendo and Konami, any loss is probably incurred more on the publisher's part so as long as they keep getting publishers they'll be alright. Their arrangement with Sega was that Sega keeps all their IPs but those didn't exactly make tons of money, Sega's the one losing there - meanwhile Sega lost like $100 million first quarter of this year and they're straight up not publishing games in all territories because they can't afford to and they're just gonna keep making Sonic forever

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I think every horror game does this.

Silent Hill has, to varying degrees of success, tried to keep a level balance between horror and action. But yeah, the longer you're out there it seems the more you shift from horror to action.

Good ol' SIREN only had 2 real games and never backed down. I miss you SIREN. Toyama, when you're done with Gravity Rush please come back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Again they're usually contracted to do games by another studio or publisher. The last 5 games were Sega, their next games are Nintendo and Konami, any loss is probably incurred more on the publisher's part so as long as they keep getting publishers they'll be alright. Their arrangement with Sega was that Sega keeps all their IPs but those didn't exactly make tons of money, Sega's the one losing there - meanwhile Sega lost like $100 million first quarter of this year and they're straight up not publishing games in all territories because they can't afford to and they're just gonna keep making Sonic forever

That's what I mean. I'm impressed they keep getting contracts when their games bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

That's what I mean. I'm impressed they keep getting contracts when their games bomb.

I can't find the quote right now, but I swear I once read something from an SoA executive who was quoted along the lines of "Platinum's games make us look good so we foot the bill".

Revengeance will probably keep them in good graces for awhile if it turns out good (which it probably will as its functionally Bayonetta 2)

• Locked thread