Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Once again, thank you SAGCCX for another great episode. Season zero almost feels like a completely different show compared to how it is now. I'm just happy that they made the challenges the main attraction since that's what has made the show and Arino popular internationally. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Thanks to all those involved in the team SAGCCX effort. You really do spoil us.

zari-gani posted:

Season zero Game Center CX episodes are now officially harder to translate than quiz episodes :(

I can understand why TV-Nihon just stripped out the challenges for [CX] if you're having such trouble with it. Their main translator is infamous amongst tokusatsu fans for being... less than good.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I don't wanna be a nitpicky rear end in a top hat or anything but just to clarify for myself, in the Wrecking Crew episode, there's a bunch of times when the subtitles say "He only has one more door left to destroy!" or something along those lines. I'm assuming it's supposed to be "wall" and is just a simple mistake because they were talking about trapping the enemies in doors shortly before and it only happened a few times near the beginning (I'd have to look up the exact time again if anyone cares enough). Or were the "break in one hit" walls actually doors and I've just been misled and misinformed my whole life? :v:

Edit: Spelling is hard, I don't blame you guys :(

abraxas fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 21, 2012

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Tyma posted:

Momotaro Densetsu is a Famicom RPG loosely based on a Japanese folklore character (Imagine Ganbare Goemon if it was a Dragon Quest clone).

Momotaro Dentetsu is a spin-off title, which takes the exhagerated characterisations of the Momotaro characters from the RPG, and places them in a Game Of Life clone (for some reason, "Game Of Life Clone" was a popular and legitimate Famicom game genre).

It's Game Of Life, with some Monopoly property-trading elements, starring a cast of characters from some niche Hudson RPG you've never hear... I guess it's 8-bit Itadaki Street?

Oh gawd, I never noticed the pun. :doh:

Great job to the SAGCCX team, planning on catching up with all of this week's episode in a Kachou Marathon this weekend!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

abraxas posted:

Or were the "break in one hit" walls actually doors and I've just been misled and misinformed my whole life? :v:

I always thought of the one hit walls were metal doors but that could be just me.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

abraxas posted:

I don't wanna be a nitpicky rear end in a top hat or anything but just to clarify for myself, in the Wrecking Crew episode, there's a bunch of times when the subtitles say "He only has one more door left to destroy!" or something along those lines. I'm assuming it's supposed to be "wall" and is just a simple mistake because they were talking about trapping the enemies in doors shortly before and it only happened a few times near the beginning (I'd have to look up the exact time again if anyone cares enough). Or were the "break in one hit" walls actually doors and I've just been misled and misinformed my whole life? :v:

You're talking about the part where Arino is trying to straighten out the walls (kabe) that are in a zig-zag. The narrator calls them doors (tobira) there so whoever wrote the script must've messed up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

:siren: GCCX Deluge Day 5 :siren:

What do Abe, Urakawa, and Inoue all have in common? The answer is that they all come from Fukuoka, a southern city. The show heads home for these staff members as they attempt another three cities in one day tour for the release of a DS game. Will Arino miss his stop this time?

Bringing this challenge-less episode to you is the translator who couldn't miss her stop if she tried, it's the tireless zari-gani!

Download torrent81 (1 files; 552.20 MB)
View torrent stats

(Direct Download)

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

gently caress. Yes.

I love you guys.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Every 4 episodes or so, I feel like I have to put into words how much we love the subbing team, so you guys realise how much we appreciate it, and that most of us probably spend the entire download staring a blank reply box trying to figure out how we can thank you.

I hope someone can somehow source DVDs to sell to goons outside of North America, because I'm running out of ideas, and the episodes don't stop coming :{

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I got done watching the Capcom episode last night. It was interesting, had some information that even a giant video game dork like me didn't know, but it was also kinda bittersweet because it reminded me of a time when Capcom made good video games and Keiji Inafune didn't want to kill himself. I can totally see why they changed the format, but I also want to see more (so I can be similarly depressed at the Namco and Konami episodes).

This new episode doesn't look depressing at all though! Can't wait to watch when I get home.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't want to imagine what it's like after the deluge. :saddowns:

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Thanks so much to the whole team! I'm getting sad thinking about the wait for new episodes after the deluge. This thread is the best.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.
Another episode? Other than "thanks again, team" I really don't know what to say.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011
This thread is like loving Christmas morning sometimes, where each new episode is a present your parents took out of the closet when you thought you'd opened all of them already.

You people are fantastic and we all love you.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
The Fukuoka episode was hinted a few days ago. The clue was " Abe shoots dinosaurs with a bazooka". This episode finishes up all the subs dealing with the first DS game. Hope to see more episodes from season 10 to see the stuff for the second DS game.

Last week, RandomStranger said that the deluge would maybe go up to 5. Looks like it may go on a little longer. If the deluge stops, I have plenty of raws to watch and subs to rewatch.

r2x
Jan 13, 2008
What did the teapot say to the chalk?

Nothing, you silly. Teapots can't talk.
This thread is pretty much the reason I keep coming back to this forum at this point, thanks for translating this great show. The Season 0 Capcom Episode was really great, I hope more of those episodes get translated fully. I love the interviews.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Was this the last time we see Black KirbyWantanabe??

I recall seeing Emoto during the birthday special...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Haywood Japwnme posted:

Was this the last time we see Black KirbyWantanabe??

She does come back to visit during Kirby's Dream Course.

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011
Anyone watching Nintendo Direct JP? Iwata talked about the Kirby anniversary collection and then showed Arino and I believe said something about him playing Kirby after this broadcast?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Egregious posted:

Anyone watching Nintendo Direct JP? Iwata talked about the Kirby anniversary collection and then showed Arino and I believe said something about him playing Kirby after this broadcast?

Just saw that. Probably going to happen after the presentation.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
"I pray for many people to play the English version of our game."

...:smith:

BAKOON
Feb 1, 2008

the fart doctor

Random Stranger posted:

She does come back to visit during Kirby's Dream Course.

She shows up during the birthday special as well, so she is still around. He calls her black kirby again if I remember right.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Seeing SonSon in the Capcom retrospective got me thinking: has there ever been a good game based on Journey to the West? I know the classic Chinese novels are the basis for tons of forgettable games in Japan, but has anyone made say a decent action rpg based on Journey to the West?

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

This thread is the best thing. Just the very best thing.

Thank you, SA GCCX Team! I wish I could give each and every one of you a hug.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

deadpan posted:

Seeing SonSon in the Capcom retrospective got me thinking: has there ever been a good game based on Journey to the West? I know the classic Chinese novels are the basis for tons of forgettable games in Japan, but has anyone made say a decent action rpg based on Journey to the West?

Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II, duh!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

deadpan posted:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is supposed to be quite good. Has little to really do with JttW though, except for the most basic theme.

voidmage
Jul 12, 2011

Here's the episode on Nintendo's site:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html#120622_m2

It's getting hammered really bad right now though.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone been able to watch the GCCX extra (if that's what it is) on the JP Nintendo Direct?

The stream is slow as hell and I can't seem to download the video. I get bits and pieces of it, but the full thing just wont run, which is odd since the JP Nintendo Direct conference ran just fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

deadpan posted:

Even got a US release. You can buy it on the PSN store if you want.

Chaindive
Sep 3, 2011
Fuuun Gokuu Ninden on ps1 was alright.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is ridiculous; how am I supposed to keep up with all these releases? :v:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ImpAtom posted:

Even got a US release. You can buy it on the PSN store if you want.

Isn't this more of a strategy than action game, though? I think there's a Let's Play of it, as well.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Vlaphor posted:

Has anyone been able to watch the GCCX extra (if that's what it is) on the JP Nintendo Direct?

The stream is slow as hell and I can't seem to download the video. I get bits and pieces of it, but the full thing just wont run, which is odd since the JP Nintendo Direct conference ran just fine.

Their conference is done through UStream, but the videos afterward and done through their own in-house media server, which can't seem to handle the traffic being thrown at it.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Yet another great non-challenge episode. Once again, I offer you guys my thanks for your awesome work! :)

I also think they need to get Watanabe back to guest star on some more TamaGes (I guess that's how you pluralize that) since she seems to generally have the most fun on them, even when Arino makes fun of her weight.

Silentman0 posted:

"I pray for many people to play the English version of our game."

...:smith:
Yeah... :(

I just checked the fan translation's site and it hasn't been updated since January. I'm aware that the guys working on this are doing it as a hobby/side-project and they're probably busy with real life stuff like work, school, family, etc., so I'm still hoping that this gets finished and we all can finally play the Great Chief Detective. :)

Also, if the fan translation somehow dies (which I hope it doesn't), then we can hope that the DVDs will sell enough to get indies zero and/or Namco to reconsider an official release. :shobon:

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

At this point, they'd probably consider localizing a DS game and releasing it now to be unprofitable. They could very well be right. I don't know if many people would buy it other than hardcore GCCX fans, and there really isn't a whole lot of us.

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010

Obeast posted:

Yet another great non-challenge episode. Once again, I offer you guys my thanks for your awesome work! :)

I also think they need to get Watanabe back to guest star on some more TamaGes (I guess that's how you pluralize that) since she seems to generally have the most fun on them, even when Arino makes fun of her weight.

Yeah... :(

I just checked the fan translation's site and it hasn't been updated since January. I'm aware that the guys working on this are doing it as a hobby/side-project and they're probably busy with real life stuff like work, school, family, etc., so I'm still hoping that this gets finished and we all can finally play the Great Chief Detective. :)

Also, if the fan translation somehow dies (which I hope it doesn't), then we can hope that the DVDs will sell enough to get indies zero and/or Namco to reconsider an official release. :shobon:

Heh, I've kind of been curious. Was I the only person that initially scowled at that Final Fantasy rhythm game coming to the 3DS, but had a complete 180 about it when I realized it was made by Indies Zer0? I loved Retro Game Challenge so damned much that I would give just about anything they put out a try.

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes
i want to live in this deluge forever. Excellent work as always, SAGCCX Team!!

The Nintendo Direct Kirby special was pretty good too. Arino and Itou share a tender moment.....

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Fist Punch posted:

i want to live in this deluge forever. Excellent work as always, SAGCCX Team!!

The Nintendo Direct Kirby special was pretty good too. Arino and Itou share a tender moment.....

Itou was pretty bad in it, never saw him guard once. He went from full to dead, was brought back and almost died again in the Computer Virus fight because he just. wouldn't. guard.

Toad King fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 22, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Obeast posted:

then we can hope that the DVDs will sell enough to get indies zero and/or Namco to reconsider an official release. :shobon:

Dream a little dream, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

draks
Apr 29, 2009

here he comes

Toad King posted:

Itou was pretty bad in it, never saw him guard once. He went from full dead, was brought back and almost died again in the Computer Virus fight because he just. wouldn't. guard.

I dunno why he kept picking Plasma Wisp either - it didn't look like he really knew how to use him effectively. Gotta mash 'n' dash, bro!!!