Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Gimperial posted:

Sometimes I get that, but then going into the "incomplete" folder and unzipping it manually works, so try that before re-downloadnig.

I did, unfortunately the files were corrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
Can anyone tell me where the database file is with this new Couch Potato Server? I'm getting Database Locked errors and can't seem to figure out how to fix them:

sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (OperationalError) database is locked u'\nCREATE TABLE migrate_version (\n\trepository_id VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, \n\trepository_path TEXT, \n\tversion INTEGER, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (repository_id)\n)\n\n' ()

This is a fresh install - first launch.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MarshallX posted:

Can anyone tell me where the database file is with this new Couch Potato Server? I'm getting Database Locked errors and can't seem to figure out how to fix them:

sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (OperationalError) database is locked u'\nCREATE TABLE migrate_version (\n\trepository_id VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, \n\trepository_path TEXT, \n\tversion INTEGER, \n\tPRIMARY KEY (repository_id)\n)\n\n' ()

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CouchPotato

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

MarshallX posted:

Try running it as administrator. Some programs that need to access the user profile directory seem to behave better when they're run from Program Files, too, even if they weren't installed.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Has anyone here tried running Omiverse on Windows?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Mind explaining what this is?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Best I can tell, It's "Sickbeard" for comic books https://github.com/four-o-four/omniverse

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Best I can tell, It's "Sickbeard" for comic books https://github.com/four-o-four/omniverse

Haven't tried it but now I am interested if anyone has. Sounds like something I might try out at some point.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What is involved with moving a Sickbeard/Couchpotato/SAB setup to another machine? I've got a bunch of half-done downloads and I want to keep the progress or at least the queue and databases for Sickbeard/Couchpotato in tact.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Gyshall posted:

What is involved with moving a Sickbeard/Couchpotato/SAB setup to another machine? I've got a bunch of half-done downloads and I want to keep the progress or at least the queue and databases for Sickbeard/Couchpotato in tact.

I don't know about Windows, but on Linux you just copy the folders.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it just looks like a search engine that requires you to download all the headers.

I don't know how this is better than NZBIndex advanced search with several groups checked off.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any substantial advantages to undo what I have with my Windows 7 HTPC and run it under a Linux distro? I've already got the drives mapped for when I want to access over the network. I can dial in with TightVNC to correct any problems, and I can use the web interface to do all my work on this computer when it comes to adding and deleting poo poo via Sickbeard/Couchpotato.

I'm a total amateur when it comes to Linux. I used Ubuntu for maybe 15 minutes back in 2008 and a liveCD version of Knoppix to do something to a computer that I forget. It sits in XBMC almost 24/7 with Sickbeard and others running in the background.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

YouTuber posted:

Is there any substantial advantages to undo what I have with my Windows 7 HTPC and run it under a Linux distro? I've already got the drives mapped for when I want to access over the network. I can dial in with TightVNC to correct any problems, and I can use the web interface to do all my work on this computer when it comes to adding and deleting poo poo via Sickbeard/Couchpotato.

I'm a total amateur when it comes to Linux. I used Ubuntu for maybe 15 minutes back in 2008 and a liveCD version of Knoppix to do something to a computer that I forget. It sits in XBMC almost 24/7 with Sickbeard and others running in the background.

Nope, not unless you plan to do a lot of scripting. It would also make it easier to run these programs from source/bleeding edge, but who cares as it's not worth sacrificing a working setup. Wouldn't bother unless you're extremely bored and want to learn something.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho
Trying out a trial of Supernews since its 12 bucks a month. What port is everyone with an account with them using for SSL? 443 or 119?

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 22, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

kill your idols posted:

Trying out a trial of Supernews since its 12 bucks a month. What port is everyone with an account with them using for SSL? 443 or 119?

Its $10 a month if you get the kleverig special I think, just a heads up.

I use 443 on comcast but I don't think it matters much.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

kill your idols posted:

http://www.supernews.com/super-special/

$9.99/mo, buddy.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Drizzt01 posted:

Haven't tried it but now I am interested if anyone has. Sounds like something I might try out at some point.

I grabbed the zip of the repo as I didn't want to gently caress around with git cloning this morning. Extracted it, opened a cmd prompt and navigated to the folder, then ran "omniverse.py --host=192.168.1.x to make it accessible on my network and not just my server. The interface came up just fine, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I plugged in my astraweb credentials and clicked the Update Groups button, but not much is happening.

Looking at the docs, I'm guessing it should be updating headers for the groups I selected, but the console window doesn't seem to be doing that so I don't know. I should note that the interface is extremely basic. That's not a complaint, I'm just saying that it looks like it's extremely alpha at this point.

I'll keep watching for updates here and there but otherwise I'm gonna kill it.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

EC posted:

I grabbed the zip of the repo as I didn't want to gently caress around with git cloning this morning. Extracted it, opened a cmd prompt and navigated to the folder, then ran "omniverse.py --host=192.168.1.x to make it accessible on my network and not just my server. The interface came up just fine, but I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I plugged in my astraweb credentials and clicked the Update Groups button, but not much is happening.

Looking at the docs, I'm guessing it should be updating headers for the groups I selected, but the console window doesn't seem to be doing that so I don't know. I should note that the interface is extremely basic. That's not a complaint, I'm just saying that it looks like it's extremely alpha at this point.

I'll keep watching for updates here and there but otherwise I'm gonna kill it.

drat. I'll keep an eye on it for updates at least.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Is it just me, or are sound synch errors endemic since x264 became popular for a lot of things ?

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is it just me, or are sound synch errors endemic since x264 became popular for a lot of things ?

This happens to me pretty regularly on x264 content but most of the time if I restart it, the audio syncs correctly. This is using PS3 Media Server streaming to my PS3, so ymmv.

Just got a 100Mbit Charter internet connection and fired up Supernews. As a test I downloaded something that was about 2GB and it took...less than five minutes, I think? :stare:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Powdered Toast Man posted:

This happens to me pretty regularly on x264 content but most of the time if I restart it, the audio syncs correctly. This is using PS3 Media Server streaming to my PS3, so ymmv.

Just got a 100Mbit Charter internet connection and fired up Supernews. As a test I downloaded something that was about 2GB and it took...less than five minutes, I think? :stare:

2:40 is the theoretical minimum time. How much is that costing you?

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

2:40 is the theoretical minimum time. How much is that costing you?

It's a 100/6 connection and speed tests show that I'm getting every bit of that (and sometimes even more), for $75 a month. Pretty much the best deal possible in my area; I think Comcast charges double what I'm paying for similar service that isn't even as fast.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

On Virgin in the UK we get a 100/10 connection without much in the way of shaping or restrictions (the lower tier packages get throttled to hell for downloading more than a few GB across a few hours) but we're in a student heavy area, so the lines can be quite congested. Most night time Sickbeard stuff comes down at a good 9.5-10MB/sec though which is pretty great.

Costs me about £50 ($80~ at a guess) for that, the telephone line (unplugged) and a basic cable TV service. It's actually a pretty good deal, and I get subsidised some of it by my workplace too, result.

With regards to sound sync issues, I think a lot of it is the groups racing to complete within minutes of a show air to pre, makes them prone to error. I think things are encoded at the commercial break points these days, then joined at the end. Movie rips it seems far less problematic, probably because they're not so rushed.

Web-DL is the daddy these days, it's just a shame usenet seems to miss some episodes in a run, and you have a mix of sources.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
It would be really really really nice if Sickbeard had a check box when you added a show to use the DVD order.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Lowen SoDium posted:

It would be really really really nice if Sickbeard had a check box when you added a show to use the DVD order.

Have you emailed the dev about it?

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Good luck, they are completely married to the tvdb, and those guys have their heads completely up their own asses.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Powdered Toast Man posted:

It's a 100/6 connection and speed tests show that I'm getting every bit of that (and sometimes even more), for $75 a month. Pretty much the best deal possible in my area; I think Comcast charges double what I'm paying for similar service that isn't even as fast.

I also have Charter's 100/6 and it's fuckin' awesome.

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Better yet, use the issue tracker which has an issue for this very issue. Issue. Issue. Issue.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

I also have Charter's 100/6 and it's fuckin' awesome.

I can't even find out how much that would cost me because stupid Charter dumbs down their website for stupid people and the only prices I can find are introductory prices.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Thermopyle posted:

Better yet, use the issue tracker which has an issue for this very issue. Issue. Issue. Issue.

After two years, I am not sure the devs plan to add it.

E: but I posted anyways

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 23, 2012

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
I've just got accounts at Supernews and NZBMatrix, and am currently adding shows in SickBeard. Only problem is the TVDB often times out and/or takes ages to find a show. Is this normal?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

modeski posted:

I've just got accounts at Supernews and NZBMatrix, and am currently adding shows in SickBeard. Only problem is the TVDB often times out and/or takes ages to find a show. Is this normal?
I went through the same thing. It'll seem to just work better at another time.
You could try closing Sickbeard and clearing the cache directory if you haven't already, though.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Bug: If you move something newly added up the queue whilst it's still in the 'checking' phase, it will drop back to the bottom once it changes from checking to queued.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Like an idiot I hadn't entered my usenet provider's retention in SABnzbd. Now it's trying to fetch NZBs from NZBMatrix that 15,517 days old! Is there a quick way to delete these from the queue, or do I just have to manually delete them all?

EDIT: Some more searching revealed I have to purge the queue, so I just deleted all the errant entries manually.

modeski fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 25, 2012

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Bonzo posted:

Drizzt01 posted:

Last time I installed it (and it seems last time it was updated), it was pretty much at testing to see if he could write the basic commands to connect to a news server - any basic usenet search engine was more use.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

modeski posted:

Like an idiot I hadn't entered my usenet provider's retention in SABnzbd. Now it's trying to fetch NZBs from NZBMatrix that 15,517 days old!

The entire Usenet system isn't that old. How are you seeing files claiming to be that old? I can't imagine NZBMatrix is hosting anything older than ~1500 days.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Daynab posted:

I did, unfortunately the files were corrupted.

When this happens to me I run QuickPar or similar and see how many blocks are missing. Then I grab extra par files if need be and load them in and hopefully fix the download. If that isn't enough I'll look for the main files that look like they are broken and redownload those, replacing the broken ones if they come down good. I tell that by seeing if the file size looks right. All of the parts should be a uniform size, so damaged ones tend to stand out.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

The entire Usenet system isn't that old. How are you seeing files claiming to be that old? I can't imagine NZBMatrix is hosting anything older than ~1500 days.

Goodness knows! They were all listed as attempting to download nzb, and hovering over them listed their age as that much. NZBMatrix has 1500 days retention, and Supernews 1408. I ended up manually deleting them.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

modeski posted:

Goodness knows! They were all listed as attempting to download nzb, and hovering over them listed their age as that much. NZBMatrix has 1500 days retention, and Supernews 1408. I ended up manually deleting them.

That's what it says when it doesn't know how old it is, because it hasn't downloaded the nzb yet. If you let it download the nzb you can see how old they really are.

Mighty Zoltar
Aug 18, 2004

I AM A PIECE OF SHIT. IF YOU SEE ME ON THE STREET, PLEASE STAB ME.
I have a stupid issue which has been ongoing since I messed around with my file associations, and it possibly was the same time as the nzbs dot org site change.

I'm using Windows, Firefox, and the other necessary components to make downloads work. However, on the website mentioned, when I click the nzb link, rather than just go to my queue, I get the save/run popup. Despite ticking the "always take this action" box, it always prompts me. In addition, I click ok to run with sabnzdb, and it queues the file twice.

I'm sure I'm either being stupid, the site update caused this for everyone, or something similar to that.

Help please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can I use the SAB windows taskbar thing on a remote computer?