Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

McSpanky posted:

My thoughts exactly. I don't know why this bothers me so much and a movie about Elvis and black JFK fighting mummies in a nursing home doesn't, but something about it is almost subconsciously offensive.

I'm still not sure what to make of "Bubba Ho-Tep". That poo poo was just so weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

McSpanky posted:

My thoughts exactly. I don't know why this bothers me so much and a movie about Elvis and black JFK fighting mummies in a nursing home doesn't, but something about it is almost subconsciously offensive.

Speaking of 'Alternate History" style movies, what's the deal with that one with FDR in a steampunk (well...I guess dieselpunk) wheelchair fighting Nazis? I saw a trailer for it, but I was never sure if it was a fake trailer or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R898wegx6Y

Barry Bostwick...that guy who played the creepy Other "Ethan" from Lost, Ray Wise as a general?! What's not to love?
Other than werewolf Nazis who look more like furries...:gonk:

Ahh, comes out Sep. 24th according to IMDB.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DJExile posted:

I'm still not sure what to make of "Bubba Ho-Tep". That poo poo was just so weird.

I actually met Joe Lansdale and took a writing class in college that was taught by him. He's a pretty funny guy and sort of insane (though not it in a bad way).

His stories are always pretty loving weird, but that what makes them entertaining to read and, as far as the movie goes, having Bruce Campbell as Elvis was the best thing.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Speaking of 'Alternate History" style movies, what's the deal with that one with FDR in a steampunk (well...I guess dieselpunk) wheelchair fighting Nazis? I saw a trailer for it, but I was never sure if it was a fake trailer or not.

Barry Bostwick...that guy who played the creepy Other "Ethan" from Lost, Ray Wise as a general?! What's not to love?

See, now, that's loving hilarious by comparison. I'm not sure if I could sit through the whole film alone, but atleast it looks like a really good film that doesn't take itself seriously, like something by RedLetterMedia. "gently caress polio," indeed.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Okay, this looks loving amazing. Penning the date in on my calendar amazing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
[quote="DrBouvenstein" post=""404822978"]Barry Bostwick...that guy who played the creepy Other "Ethan" from Lost[/quote]
:mad: This is the only Barry Bostwick role you Philistine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

He wasn't talking about Barry Bostwick, he meant William Mapother, who was on Lost.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

This may be slightly more accurate than the version of WWII that shows up in high school text books.

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084316/

:colbert:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gaunab posted:

The newest one they started playing this week with the guy giving a presentation on it has a weird atmosphere. Like they wanted it to be funny but then at the end go "No, this poo poo is serious loving business!"

BAM. That's it right there, this movie is taking itself way too goddamn seriously. I looked into a little more and turns out that in this flick, vampires support the Confederacy because they want a steady supply of slaves to feed on. :wtc: That is really, really not something you can play with a straight face.

The Grimace posted:

See, now, that's loving hilarious by comparison. I'm not sure if I could sit through the whole film alone, but atleast it looks like a really good film that doesn't take itself seriously, like something by RedLetterMedia. "gently caress polio," indeed.

Exactly! This looks to have the same the same tone that Black Dynamite did, and even if the whole movie isn't that funny, at least it (probably) isn't going to do something absurd like show the Nazi werewolves rounding up the Jews for human livestock and make it a serious dramatic plot point.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 21, 2012

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!
One that has really been bugging me as of late is the BK(?) commercial with the two people who met online and are on their first date. That goddamn song gets stuck in my head for hours afterward.

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol
I don't know whether I love or hate this Florida Lotto commercial. Weber beat them to the I've Got a Feeling rip-off punch a while ago, though.

Also, next time you use actors in your testimonials, Netflix, you might want to come up with better fake names than poo poo like "Blade V."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA-A
Ha Ha Ha Ha

Ha My name is
Ha OH SU-PERMA-AN-A HA HA HA HA

~2 minutes later~

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. OH SUPERMAN Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Dr Christmas posted:

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA-A
Ha Ha Ha Ha

Ha My name is
Ha OH SU-PERMA-AN-A HA HA HA HA

~2 minutes later~

Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. OH SUPERMAN Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Haha, you're good at that. Now please give me a phone that can also double as a professional camera in high velocity falling, because I really need one of those.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

muscles like this? posted:

He wasn't talking about Barry Bostwick, he meant William Mapother, who was on Lost.
Oh, I didn't watch Lost except for a couple of episodes. My point stands though.

Gweenz posted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084316/
:colbert:
Is he singing songs in his underwear and getting blown by Tim Curry? No? It is inferior :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really, really dislike the Toyota Venza "cool parents, lame kids" commercials. It really comes off as a pretty desperate move by some aging baby boomer ad executive that doesn't want to admit he's getting old.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

I really, really dislike the Toyota Venza "cool parents, lame kids" commercials. It really comes off as a pretty desperate move by some aging baby boomer ad executive that doesn't want to admit he's getting old.
Oh my God, those commercials. They're not just aiming at old people, they are actively insulting anyone younger than 60. Hey. Assholes. WHY THE gently caress DO I WANT TO BUY YOUR CAR, YOU JUST SPENT 30 SECONDS MAKING FUN OF ME.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Hahaha holy gently caress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29RtkDsTuuc

It's like a perfect storm of poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I like Linkin Park unironically but yeah that's kind of :stare:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
gently caress, doublepost!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

I like to think of that girl with the 600 facebook friends or whatever has that many friends and has no life because she has no job and $90k of debt thanks to her shitheel parents.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Or the guy who moved in with his parents because he can't get a job and instead of trying to include him in their activities his parents just ditch him and don't even tell him they've left the house.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Senor Gato posted:

Also, next time you use actors in your testimonials, Netflix, you might want to come up with better fake names than poo poo like "Blade V."

I always saw this as a typo that made it through editing and that the name should be Balde V.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but that Bacardi commercial with the 1950s party really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. The music gets stuck in my head, but I guess the whole idea that "fun" in history is a party with a bunch of rich white people (and some token minorities, mostly attractive women) is annoying, too.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Maybe with the end of the NBA Playoffs, we won't see any more ads that involve people shouting about Mac N Cheese.

I hope...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vicas posted:

I can't quite put my finger on it, but that Bacardi commercial with the 1950s party really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. The music gets stuck in my head, but I guess the whole idea that "fun" in history is a party with a bunch of rich white people (and some token minorities, mostly attractive women) is annoying, too.

How about that pretty much nothing in that commercial resembles either actual history or the popular film/TV version of it? It's so fictional it might as well be taking place on Mars.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Aintain posted:

I NEED that "Crazy Train" commercial to stop.

Some white family kidnapped some black kid and is now speeding around farmlands in the middle of Iowa. What happens when the ice melts in the black kid's cup and he can no longer make the shaking noise?

I hope we never find out.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
On the radio I heard a few commercials for an anti-tinnitus drug called "quietus."

The word has some unfortunate definitions.

Also, it's what they called the suicide kits in "Children of Men."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I love the Quietus commercials; I make a fertility crack every time I see it on TV.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
God drat this lovely new Altima commercial, it always makes me think someone's outside my house honking. gently caress nissan.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Dr Christmas posted:

On the radio I heard a few commercials for an anti-tinnitus drug called "quietus."

Right up there with the Reebok Succubus

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

At least the suicide kit was cleverly named. I never knew that's what "quietus" actually meant. I thought it was some Web-2.0-sounding name that they mashed up.

They should just called the anti-tinnitus med "Ring-be-gone". Of course, that ringing in your ears, that 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Frot Lesnar posted:

Right up there with the Reebok Succubus

I can imagine this shoe without doing a Google search. It looks like a regular Reebox, but it has a stiletto heel and is on platforms.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
The Coupon Bug ads really get on my nerves. This one always shows up during The Late Late Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA_ld41NsRA

I really want to throw that cashier off a loving cliff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh boy, Freecreditscore.com has brought back the freecreditreport.com guys! In a self referential commercial!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Young Freud posted:

Of course, that ringing in your ears, that 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Please, please tell me you're making GBS threads me. That happens to me all the goddamn time.

loving gently caress, as if I didn't have ENOUGH to worry about!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Redeye Flight posted:

Please, please tell me you're making GBS threads me. That happens to me all the goddamn time.

loving gently caress, as if I didn't have ENOUGH to worry about!

Its a quote from Children of Men.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

While she's better than real Wendy, I'm just tired of new Wendy's voice. Just shut up tia.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

vyst posted:

While she's better than real Wendy, I'm just tired of new Wendy's voice. Just shut up tia.

I thought she was from Mythbusters.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

And I'm pretty sure not true. If it is true, then that means the same drat cells in my ear have been dying for the past three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah, you can not expect me to let slide that an anti-tinnitus drug that shares the same name as the suicide kits in the film without quoting the line that's about tinnitus.