Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.
I'd like to know who appraised it at 40,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Roadwarrior posted:

I'd like to know who appraised it at 40,000

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Hey Kelly Blue books said it was so and I ain't takin a penny less, don't lowball me and no joyrides!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Is the complete inability to frame a loving car in a picture a prerequisite for using craigslist? I mean god drat.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Is the complete inability to frame a loving car in a picture a prerequisite for using craigslist? I mean god drat.

There's a strict code to follow when it comes to craigslist advertising. Pretty much do the opposite of what makes sense and you're guaranteed a sale.

Readheaded
Dec 22, 2004
Tish and piffle, I cannot conceive how that car with the performance of a car twice its price hasn't even got a teak glovebox or swan skin seatbelts. Inferior rubbish from the colonies, m

Funzo posted:

So what are people using to search multiple Craigslist sites? It's a pain trying to hit different cities to looks for stuff, but I can't find any decent sites that crawl different listings. Everything I've found looks terrible is difficult to use. Hoping some goons have better sources.

AdHuntr, formerly AllofCraigs

Also, there is the Google trick where you go to Advanced Search and then put "craigslist.org" in the Domain box

Cpaka
Jun 6, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I personally assume that whenever it's just a shot of the side, the front, rear or a particular area, paired with "clean!" or "great shape!" or "looks great!" that the side not being shown is completely mauled.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Its even more fun when they actually man up and admit that "theres some slight damage to the left front" and every single shot is from the right rear. Just makes my curiousity burn stronger.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Don't forget the thumb stuck into the frame to block the license plate.

1st Edition ADandD
Aug 31, 2009

MATLAB 1988 posted:

This Fiat looks great for $1500! ...in 1993.

Okay, is it just the angle, or me being overly sensitive from owning a z31, but :wtc: is with the rear camber?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

1st Edition ADandD posted:

Okay, is it just the angle, or me being overly sensitive from owning a z31, but :wtc: is with the rear camber?

I'm going to guess Fiat build quality.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Not craigslist, but a friend of mine sent me a link on NASIOC for a Mitsubishi Evo 1 GSR for sale in seattle with washington plates.

Of course my first thought was "How the gently caress is that registered in washington?", and looking at the thread a few other people had the same question. Strangely enough, he keeps ignoring all of the questions about the title, but the license plate number is clearly visible in the pictures so that got passed along to some people who might be able to get me some more information about. Looking forward to seeing how shady the title is on this car......

assfucker420
May 14, 2012

by T. Mascis

Negromancer posted:

Not craigslist, but a friend of mine sent me a link on NASIOC for a Mitsubishi Evo 1 GSR for sale in seattle with washington plates.

Of course my first thought was "How the gently caress is that registered in washington?", and looking at the thread a few other people had the same question. Strangely enough, he keeps ignoring all of the questions about the title, but the license plate number is clearly visible in the pictures so that got passed along to some people who might be able to get me some more information about. Looking forward to seeing how shady the title is on this car......

Do you think he might have regged it as a Mirage or Eagle Summit?

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/3091802234.html

This is the first time I've found something truly worthy of this thread.

I like the attention to detail with the hood.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Party Alarm posted:

aesthetically challenged individual posted:

...have to many other projects to, do...

:stare: I have to see these other projects.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3052918959.html

So who is with me... This truck would make an awesome tow rig.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Party Alarm posted:

This looks amazing. I would drive the poo poo out of that.

1st Edition ADandD
Aug 31, 2009

Party Alarm posted:

I'm not sure there's enough airflow through the truck grill for the Grand Am's ram air to work. I wonder if he's reprogrammed the ECU for that.

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

Party Alarm posted:

Invested :allears:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Ahahaha he used the Alero front clip too, that thing is just all sorts of amazing.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Throatwarbler posted:

This looks amazing. I would drive the poo poo out of that.

Nothing could ever drive the poo poo out of that.

I'm not sure there's enough airflow through the truck grill for the Grand Am's ram air to work. I wonder if he's reprogrammed the ECU for that.

Do you really... have to wonder?

This really is the kind of project that is worthy of a full article, photo spread, and owner interview because I would really love the most detailed explanation I could get as to why this thing even exists.

He mentions twice that the A/C needs freon as if to drive home the point that this is literally the only thing wrong with the car. No pictures of the interior of the cab which is what I guess would be the whole reason behind this endeavor. Also, it's a vehicle that drives so great and could be a DD but you better come pick it up yourself because it's as is, where is. :wtf:

Also, how does the title on that vehicle work? It's titled as an International because it has an International cab haphazardly welded in the middle of a completely different car? It that right?

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 22, 2012

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

FIRST TIME posted:

Also, how does the title on that vehicle work? It's titled as an International because it has an International cab haphazardly welded in the middle of a completely different car? It that right?

I am pretty certain you should apply for a new vin if you are to the point where you are sold except for worrying about registering the thing.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

assfucker420 posted:

Do you think he might have regged it as a Mirage or Eagle Summit?

That was my first thought, but from the little I have heard back, looks like it has been registered as 3 different cars, one being a 2002 lancer. I have no idea how they convinced someone that was true, but someone gave it a plate.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/3094310992.html

expensive ricemobile with pink headlights. This guy wants a diesel truck. Or to put it his way, "NOOOOOOO GASSSSS TRUCKS AT ALLLLLL."

and somebody stole his hood it looks like :(

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CornHolio posted:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/3094310992.html

expensive ricemobile with pink headlights. This guy wants a diesel truck. Or to put it his way, "NOOOOOOO GASSSSS TRUCKS AT ALLLLLL."

and somebody stole his hood it looks like :(

Oh Richmond if only you were 20 miles farther east so you could be in Ohio.

Wiglaf
Apr 2, 2003
I'M A STUPID CAPRICIOUS CUNT WITH NO TESTICLES
P.S. I AM A LIAR, DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

BrokenKnucklez posted:

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3052918959.html

So who is with me... This truck would make an awesome tow rig.

It does seem awesome. But how do explain the description?

Needs new belts and carb, had complete tune-up recently. :psyduck:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wiglaf posted:

It does seem awesome. But how do explain the description?

Needs new belts and carb, had complete tune-up recently. :psyduck:

Maybe he means tuned up the best they could.

Awesome truck though.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Needs a lift kit and tractor tires.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyone near Newark and want to go look at a car for me before I fly up there to buy it?

Need to know if it'll make the 1700 mile trip back to Texas, or not, and if there's any rust/damage I'm unaware of. Should be getting more photos on Monday.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Thats an oldsmobile alero front end. The front and back back are from 2 seperate (well, badge engineered) cars. May just be the front bodywork from the alero though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Party Alarm posted:

I was on the fence until he mentioned the ac was low of freon, that's a dealbreaker right there

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!
Nevermind. I suck.

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

Looks like someone is either trying hard to use the Power Of Cute Animals to sell their £450 peugeot 306, or very confused as to how this whole internet thingy works.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1973-MG-MGB-Coupe-classic-collector-vintage-car-W0QQAdIdZ390736435

V8 widebody MG coupe, how could this not be the best thing ever?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
"Ran when stored" :allears:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

"Please note that the front bumper is cracked (see picture)"

*no picture of the front bumper*

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
It has a V8 and comes with... one header?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

God drat those are some big tires for an MG.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Gonna go check this out later today.
http://salem.craigslist.org/ctd/3039887662.html

Anyone want to place bets on what's terribly wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

FIRST TIME posted:

Gonna go check this out later today.
http://salem.craigslist.org/ctd/3039887662.html

Anyone want to place bets on what's terribly wrong with it?

Rust, vacuum leaks (both engine and auxiliary), non-functioning air conditioning, rotten heater core. Bet on the ATF never being changed, making the transmission a time bomb.

And the star is crooked.