Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows

ynotony posted:

This is a nice angle for the 1-series because it elongates the roofline compared to a direct profile.

I'm in the market to replace my BMW and am so torn between a used 135i and 335i.

Unless you plan on having people in the back seat very regularly, absolutely go with the 135i, especially with a sport package. I drove both, and it wasn't even a question to go with the 135i. It's faster, more fun, and feels like a real sports car, plus it can comfortably sit two adults in the back seat. It's bare bones inside, and that's what I love about it. The sport seats have big adjustable bolsters, the shifter is the greatest I've ever felt, and there's no nav or idrive garbage to deal with (unless you really want it). I can't stress enough how much I love this car and prefer it over the 335i, even after driving it across the country with the back seat and trunk completely filled with stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.

davebo posted:

Posted the cel phone pic from the dealership a week ago but here are some slightly better pics from my driveway last week. Already went on a small road trip so now the front is covered in bugs and the rest is a bit polleny.

2012 Kia Optima SX
poo poo, the different Kia badge actually looks decent on there. I didn't think it would look good on my '11 blue SX so I left it with the stock badge, but I guess I was wrong.

Too bad they like to desecrate the Optimas with that atrocious Optima decal thing on the top of the rear bumper, otherwise yours would look really clean with a K5 badge (since you already don't have the Optima badge on the rear).

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

omgitstheinternet posted:

...go with the 135i

Counterpoint:

2009 335xi ZSP

Just picked it up a week ago; traded in a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 M/T. It drives like new and looks drat near so, inside and out. The previous owner was a mid-60's deacon who documented maintenance for everything down to the wiper blades and was kind enough to purchase the factory maintenance package until 2015. It's fully loaded with sport, premium, and cold weather packages, dark walnut trim, and assorted doodads.

OK yeah even though it's a little stubby I'd rather have the 135 too, but I'm 6'5" and need a backseat sometimes

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 16, 2012

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
derp quoted an edit

Content:

Future plans include slam, bag, demon camber, carbon fiber everything

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 16, 2012

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Megiddo posted:

poo poo, the different Kia badge actually looks decent on there. I didn't think it would look good on my '11 blue SX so I left it with the stock badge, but I guess I was wrong.

Too bad they like to desecrate the Optimas with that atrocious Optima decal thing on the top of the rear bumper, otherwise yours would look really clean with a K5 badge (since you already don't have the Optima badge on the rear).

Yeah it came with that sticker on the back, and the night I swapped the K badges I didn't have a ton of time. Someone on the optima forums said it took them over an hour to goo-gone off all the crap from that sticker so... :effort:

I'll leave it on, and I'll probably end up tying my snowboard boots on the bumper some day so it's probably not a bad idea.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

Fffffffffuuuuuuck I wish I had known you were selling it. I've been trying to sell my TSX for a while and would have dropped my price on it pretty significantly to move it in order to allow me to buy your Avant.

Hope it went to a good home!

It did go to a good home, which I'm happy about. The new owner loves it, and I plan to stay in contact with him. I insisted on first right of refusal if/when he ever sells it. I would be happy to welcome it back into my garage at some point. I miss it like crazy already, but I'm having turn with the new car too.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Wanted a new desktop.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

MiniFoo posted:

But Subaru stopped importing them in 1987...

Baja possibly? I know the baja was no brat. But the timing is closer.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Let me encourage you...

2008 135i
6spd
2yrs warranty left
Just brought it up from San Diego.

Plan is to black out the chrome trim, install springs and OEM shiftknob and leave it alone!

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Mordred posted:

You should post more pictures of the 156's.

Not that much to see. A 2.0TS selespeed sportwagon with ~245k on the clock:

Some progress on the 75 turbo front too. New track wheels:

Test fit of inlet manifold, tubing and so on. The water hoses and turbo to MAF tubing will still be changed.

These are not mine, but in the family:

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

DoLittle posted:

NICE.

illamint
Jun 26, 2005

According to The Oxford English Dictionary, the word "snapshot" was originally a hunting term.

omgitstheinternet posted:

BMS JB4 (sitting in a drawer somewhere since I've been too much of a pussy to actually install it)
Install the JB4. You won't regret it. It's not that hard and it completely transforms the car.

My 335i, for content:

I'm partial to the E92s, but I wouldn't turn down a 135i.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
dreamgarage.jpg right there. Those are some seriously nice cars.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

God, that brown interior is so sexy. My 550i has it, and people always comment on how beautiful the interior is. Especially a black exterior, it just screams class.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

BrokenKnucklez posted:

God, that brown interior is so sexy. My 550i has it, and people always comment on how beautiful the interior is. Especially a black exterior, it just screams class.

That was definitely a selling point for mine too — saddle brown leather, dark burl walnut:

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jun 19, 2012

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Well, seeing how we are showing off interiors... here is a terrible shot.

And for some early 90's red interior action... here is my F350.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 18, 2012

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BROOOOOOOWWWWWN

economic haircut
Jul 5, 2008
Wrapped in Matte White and Fake CF. Looks AWESOME!

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

economic haircut posted:

Daaaawww :3: it looks so clean in white; an inspired choice

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

The daily... Just needs coilovers :\

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

economic haircut posted:

Haters are bound to hate, but this does look awesome and will make it even more of a head-turner. Nicely done

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

economic haircut posted:

Looks great! Matte white was a good choice, and I'd like to see more exotics with that color.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

economic haircut posted:

Nice tow hook. Are you oversteering into ditches often? :rolleyes:

(Nice car!)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MiniFoo posted:

BROOOOOOOWWWWWN

Mazda's finest Burgundy (with a black dash because mine was torn up, and burgundy is hard t o find):

e: Looked like this when I bought it:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
I heard we were posting our sweet interiors :smug:

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
Is that red mismatch OEM or aftermarket mismatch?

Jizznastics
Apr 1, 2012
irritating

DoLittle posted:

Not that much to see. A 2.0TS selespeed sportwagon with ~245k on the clock:

Some progress on the 75 turbo front too. New track wheels:

Test fit of inlet manifold, tubing and so on. The water hoses and turbo to MAF tubing will still be changed.

Is that one car a Fulvia?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Faerunner posted:

Is that red mismatch OEM or aftermarket mismatch?

Mismatch? It's the most desirable s2000 interior they produced. What are you talking about?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Paul Boz_ posted:

Mismatch? It's the most desirable s2000 interior they produced. What are you talking about?

I don't know what this guy is talking about, but are the gray floor mats standard with that color scheme?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

MetaJew posted:

I don't know what this guy is talking about, but are the gray floor mats standard with that color scheme?

No, they're supposed to be more charcoal but they're faded :( I'd buy replacements but they're stupid expensive.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

MetaJew posted:

I think he's talking about the color of the doors vs. the seats. It isn't the same shade of red.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
It's the same, I just don't use the meguiar's wipes on the seats because they gently caress up your clothes and I'd just washed the car. If I condition the seats at the same time they're identical.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

law abiding rapist posted:

I think he's talking about the color of the doors vs. the seats. It isn't the same shade of red.

This.

Paul Boz_ posted:

It's the same, I just don't use the meguiar's wipes on the seats because they gently caress up your clothes and I'd just washed the car. If I condition the seats at the same time they're identical.

If you insist.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Just picked up this 10MY R36 Passat wagon. Apologies for the disgusting camera phone pic, but I have had it for a couple of weeks now an I still haven't had the chance to take a proper photo of it.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Is this the red interior thread?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

AdmiralViscen posted:

Is this the red interior thread?

I love those door closers. Did that get repainted yet?

e: In fact I love the whole interior. It makes me sad that I dislike 95% of all the new cars being made these days. Ill take straight lines and angles over curvy and inflated any day of the week.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 24, 2012

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lilbeefer posted:

Just picked up this 10MY R36 Passat wagon. Apologies for the disgusting camera phone pic, but I have had it for a couple of weeks now an I still haven't had the chance to take a proper photo of it.

Awesome car.
Photo's not so bad, like instagram just has a setting for "vaseline on the lens", but this is the only part we needed to see:

This may help:
http://youtu.be/Bt9zSfinwFA

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
God gave me a sign:

Go forth and upgrade your drums to disc brakes.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kimbo305 posted:

God gave me a sign:

Go forth and upgrade your drums to disc brakes.

Gotta admit, that's pretty awesome.
Now if you could just get your calipers to light up like that (or would that be rice?) :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Cage posted:

I love those door closers. Did that get repainted yet?

e: In fact I love the whole interior. It makes me sad that I dislike 95% of all the new cars being made these days. Ill take straight lines and angles over curvy and inflated any day of the week.

I should have it back this week. I think I posted pics of it in the thread a week or two ago. Can't wait!

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jun 26, 2012