Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Lowen SoDium posted:

It would be really really really nice if Sickbeard had a check box when you added a show to use the DVD order.
Is there even a definitive database of the DVD order of every TV show released to DVD though? Nothing keeps another developer from making a fork of Sickbeard that provides such a feature (hell, I'd give it a shot but never found anything that wasn't severely deficient in soome way). Until such a database exists, no way would it be even worthwhile to attempt something for Sickbeard. Custom sort ordering and season grouping determined on a per-show basis may be the next best compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

necrobobsledder posted:

Is there even a definitive database of the DVD order of every TV show released to DVD though? Nothing keeps another developer from making a fork of Sickbeard that provides such a feature (hell, I'd give it a shot but never found anything that wasn't severely deficient in soome way). Until such a database exists, no way would it be even worthwhile to attempt something for Sickbeard. Custom sort ordering and season grouping determined on a per-show basis may be the next best compromise.

TVDB has DVD sort order. Not sure how comprehensive their coverage is, though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

All of this talk is just a reminder that the Thetvdb people are the biggest loving babies about their site. I made the mistake of looking at their forums, what a cesspool.

Anyone know how their big rewrite is going? :laugh:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I'm pretty sure someone wrote a custom script for Sickbeard that would use the correct current season order for American Dad because TVDB refuses to change it.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I'm pretty sure someone wrote a custom script for Sickbeard that would use the correct current season order for American Dad because TVDB refuses to change it.

How would you apply that so it does not use tvdb? Because that sounds like I need it.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

FISHMANPET posted:

That's what it says when it doesn't know how old it is, because it hasn't downloaded the nzb yet. If you let it download the nzb you can see how old they really are.

Ah right, I did wonder that. Only thing is that they had been sitting in that state for about 24 hours, and I wasn't sure whether they were hammering NZBMatrix or not since there was lots of 'WAIT nnn seconds' coming up. Regardless, half the stuff Sickbeard queued up for me is erroneous, since it marked some things as wanted when they were there. It has already queued up 400Gb of stuff when I only have 250Gb left of ISP download quota over the next 2.5weeks.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

Mighty Zoltar posted:

I have a stupid issue which has been ongoing since I messed around with my file associations, and it possibly was the same time as the nzbs dot org site change.

I'm using Windows, Firefox, and the other necessary components to make downloads work. However, on the website mentioned, when I click the nzb link, rather than just go to my queue, I get the save/run popup. Despite ticking the "always take this action" box, it always prompts me. In addition, I click ok to run with sabnzdb, and it queues the file twice.

I'm sure I'm either being stupid, the site update caused this for everyone, or something similar to that.

Help please.

In that case (with the sites I use there's a 'sent to SABnzbd button', Chrome plugin I think) I'd just click save rather than run, and have SAB watch your download folder for new NZBs. It's probably easier. It's in the general settings somewhere I think.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

modeski posted:

Ah right, I did wonder that. Only thing is that they had been sitting in that state for about 24 hours, and I wasn't sure whether they were hammering NZBMatrix or not since there was lots of 'WAIT nnn seconds' coming up. Regardless, half the stuff Sickbeard queued up for me is erroneous, since it marked some things as wanted when they were there. It has already queued up 400Gb of stuff when I only have 250Gb left of ISP download quota over the next 2.5weeks.

What you can do in situations like that is to sort the NZBs by age (oldest to newst), and then use the multi-select functions to select and delete the range of bad NZBs.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
The National Geographic channel has so many series with only 1 or 2 episodes to them. I wish TVDB would just stick them all under National Geographic Documentaries. Everything about the channel-x documentaries is a big clusterwhoops right now, besides anything under the belt of a long-running series like Horizon.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah, miniseries and one-offs are a major weak point of TVDB and really the design of our media libraries overall. Having them all as one meta-show doesn't really seem clean either, though it would be the easiest solution to implement currently.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Why even bother with Sick Beard for mini's and one-offs? Seems like more work adding them and deleting them than just getting them from NZBMatrix.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Why even bother with Sick Beard for mini's and one-offs? Seems like more work adding them and deleting them than just getting them from NZBMatrix.
Manually post-processing what you already have to get the metadata.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Some are not currently available but may be posted at some point in the future. It's nice to just be able to say "I want this", set it and forget it. If the content gets posted, it gets downloaded, even if I've forgotten about it by then.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

wolrah posted:

Yeah, miniseries and one-offs are a major weak point of TVDB and really the design of our media libraries overall. Having them all as one meta-show doesn't really seem clean either, though it would be the easiest solution to implement currently.

I hope eventually TV Shows gets the "Sets" functionality from Movies (in XBMC, of course). That way you could group a whole bunch of TV Shows together in your media library fairly easily.

For movies it's just a way not to have a giant list of all 27 Elm Street movies to scroll through, but it could be helpful for TV Shows as well. I suppose I need to make a feature request at some point...

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I can't speak for everyone but I like having everything nice and neat in my XBMC library. If I can do that without the TVDB fine but XBMC seems to be pretty married to the TV DB

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Horn posted:

I can't speak for everyone but I like having everything nice and neat in my XBMC library. If I can do that without the TVDB fine but XBMC seems to be pretty married to the TV DB

The default XBMC scraper uses thetvdb

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I have dreams of being a total dick and scraping all of thetvdb and reimplementing a not-lovely TV metadata site.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!

Thermopyle posted:

I have dreams of being a total dick and scraping all of thetvdb and reimplementing a not-lovely TV metadata site.

This is a non-terrible idea. You ever need help with this, you send me a pm. But not until August, I've got the SA Gamedev Competition to win during July.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Thermopyle posted:

I've half-started on the same idea quite a few times, warning that it's a lot harder to do right than it sounds. If you or anyone else actually gets something going, I'll help whenever and however I can.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Someone should make a generic framework for a content info site with API, so it can be easy to extend it to other media types.

Every time somebody asks for a "Sickbeard for X" or "XBMC Scraper for X" the answer is "there's no data source for X" but I'm sure there's plenty of spergs willing to fill a data source if it existed.

Make it easier to setup these data sources and you rule the world.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm sure there's plenty of spergs willing to fill a data source if it existed.

Isn't that exactly what thetvdb is?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

tk posted:

Isn't that exactly what thetvdb is?

X does not necessarily have to equal TV. If you create something that can work for more than just TV then it's easy to make data sources for things other than TV.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

I'm hoping one of you can help with an odd error I'm getting with Sabnzbd. Whenever I try to start it I get:

quote:

SABnzbd detected a fatal error:<br>Cannot access the user profile. Please start with sabnzbd.ini file in another location
That pops up in a Notepad doc with HTML formatting.

My event viewer states that:

quote:

Windows cannot load classes registry file.
DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.

I haven't really CHANGED anything since yesterday on my system, I removed a bunch of software and games I haven't used in forever. Help?

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer
Help! I just upgraded SABnzbd to 0.7.0 and suddenly I can't enable SSL on my servers, the checkbox is greyed out. It was working before the upgrade. I'm running SABnzbd on Fedora 14, with Python 2.7.3. I just upgraded Python from 2.7.0 to 2.7.3 (compiled from source) prior to upgrading SAB, so maybe I screwed something up there. If I switch the servers to non-SSL, it downloads like normal.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mthrboard posted:

Help! I just upgraded SABnzbd to 0.7.0 and suddenly I can't enable SSL on my servers, the checkbox is greyed out. It was working before the upgrade. I'm running SABnzbd on Fedora 14, with Python 2.7.3. I just upgraded Python from 2.7.0 to 2.7.3 (compiled from source) prior to upgrading SAB, so maybe I screwed something up there. If I switch the servers to non-SSL, it downloads like normal.

Install pyOpenSSL for your new version of Python.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010
Frugal Usenet is down to $4.99 per month or $50 for the year for 300 days retention. Those who use usenet primarily for just a DVR type of thing may find this useful. Missed their sale apparently for $3.99 a month last week but at 50 a year it works out similar. Ive been at $5.99 with them for quite some time without issues so this new price just sweetens things.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nzb.su have shifted the View Series feature over to premium only. I can see why they would, but it kind of sucks.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Is anyone else having 0.7.0 pausing downloads for no reason? No warnings, and plenty of space left on disk. It's also crashing and restarting a few times a week.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Haven't had any problems on the Windows binaries. Been running solid even when it was in beta.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Hogburto posted:

Haven't had any problems on the Windows binaries.

Ditto.

This may sound stupid, but have you tried reinstalling?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is anybody else having trouble grabbing stuff through Sick Beard from the Sick Beard Index? I'm just getting the "Wait xx seconds / trying to fetch NZB from..." message for everything now.

edit: nevermind, my SAB is slightly out of date and broken.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 2, 2012

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

As an Australian, a useful feature for sickbeard would be a customisable time-zone, so you can see when stuff is actually going to be available.

I mean, I can do the math in my head, but I dont really want to.

MarshallX
Apr 13, 2004
No Newzbin English filter in CP = hello 20 movies that just downloaded in German/French/Russian.

drat it.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

MarshallX posted:

No Newzbin English filter in CP = hello 20 movies that just downloaded in German/French/Russian.

drat it.

Under General/Search you can set "ignore words". Enter in all those languages and it will filter out most of them.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

MarshallX posted:

drat it.

A lot of times movies have 2 audio tracks with one being English and the other being German/French/Russian. Check to see if it has multiple audio tracks.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Tantalus posted:

Under General/Search you can set "ignore words". Enter in all those languages and it will filter out most of them.

I haven't went over these in like a year, but here's my Ignore Words in case anyone cares:

subpack,nlsub,swesub,subbed,subs,dirfix,samplefix,nfofix,dvdextras,sample,extras,special,dubbed,german,french,core2hd,3DBD,hdchina,dvd9,avchd,hdtv

Probably should have some more stuff in there...

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

I haven't went over these in like a year, but here's my Ignore Words in case anyone cares:

subpack,nlsub,swesub,subbed,subs,dirfix,samplefix,nfofix,dvdextras,sample,extras,special,dubbed,german,french,core2hd,3DBD,hdchina,dvd9,avchd,hdtv

Probably should have some more stuff in there...

multi

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I moved my Couchpotato install from my old server to my new one and now it isn't marking things as "Downloaded", just "Snatched". It will send to Sabnzbd and download/sort just fine, but it's a pain going in an manually clicking "This downloaded correctly". Am I missing a setting?

Oh god am I getting senile and did I have to always do that? I have no idea anymore.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

FCKGW posted:

I moved my Couchpotato install from my old server to my new one and now it isn't marking things as "Downloaded", just "Snatched". It will send to Sabnzbd and download/sort just fine, but it's a pain going in an manually clicking "This downloaded correctly". Am I missing a setting?

Oh god am I getting senile and did I have to always do that? I have no idea anymore.

It should process automatically. The two things to check are that CP is sending over the right category and that CP has the proper directory under the Renamer section of the config page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I made the jump to the latest OS (10.8) and everything is peachy but my Sickbeard Bootup Script when it runs gives me this error:

"The Action " Run Shell Script" encountered an error.
Check the action's properties and try running the workflow again."

It may just be something that won't work for a bit until things are fixed to be compatible with the new OS, but I figured I'd ask anyway, in case I was missing possible obvious things I could try or check.