Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Holy poo poo, DC comics you are awesome. Marshall Law (finally), NTT vol 3 and, gently caress me, Absolute Top Ten.

I thought they couldn't do an oversize Top Ten because of issues when they scanned the original artwork. Glad they've sorted it. Well, hopefully they've sorted it and it's not got lovely reproduction...

edit: Also looking forward to

quote:

Adventures of Superman: Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez HC

Writers: Gerry Conway, Martin Pasko, Elliot Maggin, David Michelinie, Jack C. Harris, Len Wein and Roy Thomas

Artists: Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Dan Adkins, Vince Colletta, Bob Oksner, Frank Springer, Steve Mitchell, Joe Giella and Dick Giordano

Collects: SUPERMAN #294, 301-302, 307-309 and 347, ALL-NEW COLLECTORS’ EDITION C-54 and DC COMICS PRESENTS #1-4, 17, 20, 24 and 31

$39.99 US, 360 pg

and

quote:

Jack Kirby Omnibus Vol. 2 HC

Writers: Jack Kirby, Joe Simon, Dennis O’Neil, Michael Fleischer, Steve Sherman, Martin Pasko, Bob Rozakis, Joey Cavalieri and Paul Kupperberg

Artists: Jack Kirby, Joe Simon, Bruno Premiani, George Roussos, Mort Meskin, John Prentice, Bill Draut, Bob McCarty, Leonard Starr, Wally Wood, Mike Royer, D. Bruce Berry, Pablo Marcos, Alex Toth, Greg Theakston, Adrian Gonzales, Alan Kupperberg and Bill Wray

Collects: BLACK MAGIC #1-9, 1ST ISSUE SPECIAL #1, 5 and 6, RICHARD DRAGON: KUNG FU FIGHTER #3, THE SANDMAN #1-6, KOBRA #1, DC COMICS PRESENTS #84, SUPER POWERS #1-5 and SUPER POWERS VOL. 2 #1-6

$39.99 US, 624 pg

and maybe

quote:

Tales of the Batman: Archie Goodwin HC

Writers: Archie Goodwin and James Robinson

Artists: Walter Simonson, Alex Toth, Scott Hampton, Jim Aparo, Sal Amendola, Dick Giordano, Howard Chaykin, Dan Jurgens, Gene Ha, Jose Muńoz, Gary Gianni, Marshall Rogers, Bob Wiacek and John Cebollero

Collects: DETECTIVE COMICS #437-443, DETECTIVE COMICS ANNUAL #3, SHOWCASE '95 #11, BATMAN BLACK AND WHITE #1 and 4, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #132-136, and BATMAN: NIGHT CRIES

$39.99 US, 480 pg

Shameless fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

For the newer release of Batman:Nightfall, did they happened to re-do the pages onto some better paper? I have an older copy and it feels like its only old newspaper, the colors are all off and its just a pain to read. Is this new edition like a "normal" comic?

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Gimmie some of dat Metal Men vol. 2 Archives!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

About time on that Absolute Top 10. We'll finally be able to see all of the tiny references in the panels.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

For the newer release of Batman:Nightfall, did they happened to re-do the pages onto some better paper? I have an older copy and it feels like its only old newspaper, the colors are all off and its just a pain to read. Is this new edition like a "normal" comic?

Weren't those books originally printed on normal news stock?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read on the Marvel Masterworks forum that the Knightquest volume left out all of the "The Search" issues (Bruce's story) except for Robin #7 (the conclusion), so they might not be as comprehensive as one might like.

edit: Comicbookdb doesn't have those issues listed for that trade, either. Welp, glad I bound it myself.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 21, 2012

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I read on the Marvel Masterworks forum that the Knightquest volume left out all of the "The Search" issues (Bruce's story) except for Robin #7 (the conclusion), so they might not be as comprehensive as one might like.

Yeah I noticed a lot of missing stuff. They probably left it out because those stories were utter poo poo and nobody gave a poo poo about Shondra Kinsolving or Jack Drake even when they were being published. Let's face it, the adventures of Wheels Wayne and his faithful butler were not very interesting.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Yeah I noticed a lot of missing stuff. They probably left it out because those stories were utter poo poo and nobody gave a poo poo about Shondra Kinsolving or Jack Drake even when they were being published. Let's face it, the adventures of Wheels Wayne and his faithful butler were not very interesting.

Heh, Wheels Wayne. I got the impression these were supposed to be "Finally! Everything! Stop complaining already!" omniboo, so it's still disappointing (yet entirely expected) that DC would screw it up.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

redbackground posted:

Heh, Wheels Wayne. I got the impression these were supposed to be "Finally! Everything! Stop complaining already!" omniboo, so it's still disappointing (yet entirely expected) that DC would screw it up.

I bound it myself as well because I wanted to include the agony that was comic book advertising in the 90's! SO EXTREME DUDE!

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

WOOT!

http://www.vertigocomics.com/blog/2012/06/21/dc-entertainment-looks-at-vertigo-titles-for-spring-2013

quote:

Sleeper Omnibus hc

Writer: Ed Brubaker

Artists: Colin Wilson, Sean Phillips and Jim Lee

Collects: POINT BLANK #1-5, SLEEPER SEASON ONE #1-12, SLEEPER SEASON TWO #1-12, COUP D’ETAT: SLEEPER #1 and COUP D’ETAT AFTERWORD #1

$75.00 US, 720 pg

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Dang that's sexy. Time to sell my TPBs.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
drat, I have the original run of TPBs, but that is awesome. Sleeper (and the underrated Point Blank) are some of my all-time favorite comics, and still my favorite Ed Brubaker work.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I was wondering if there is a cheap way to get Lucifer, Vol. 4: The Divine Comedy?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
I'm collecting the first wave of oversized hardcovers of the Daredevil series when Kevin Smith relaunched the title and Bendis took over right after. It's taken me some time to find a good copy of the fourth volume and I may have found a good one on Ebay. The guy's only asking for cover price with only a few days left to bid.

I have the day and time the auction ends marked on my calender. I will not be denied again. :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheLoser posted:

I'm collecting the first wave of oversized hardcovers of the Daredevil series when Kevin Smith relaunched the title and Bendis took over right after. It's taken me some time to find a good copy of the fourth volume and I may have found a good one on Ebay. The guy's only asking for cover price with only a few days left to bid.

I have the day and time the auction ends marked on my calender. I will not be denied again. :argh:

You shouldn't have posted that here. Now somebody is going to snipe it out from under you.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

TheLoser posted:

I need to get rid of my set of the Bendis OSHCs, if you want the whole set let me know. They are in great condition.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I was wondering if there is a cheap way to get Lucifer, Vol. 4: The Divine Comedy?

I found it for a friend at a local comic shop. Paid full cover price ($20?), but that's still cheaper than I've seen it on Amazon Marketplace. I'd be happy to check if they have another one, if you want.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I found it for a friend at a local comic shop. Paid full cover price ($20?), but that's still cheaper than I've seen it on Amazon Marketplace. I'd be happy to check if they have another one, if you want.

Thank you

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009
So I just bought the Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron Vol. 1 OHC and it came with a digital download code. I knew Marvel was doing this with their Season 1 hardcovers, but didn't know they were doing this with other hardcovers. Does anyone here know what other HC's have come with a DL code or which HC's in the future will include them?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Not exactly comic related, but Barnes and Noble has a good deal on the Simpsons World Hardcover book.

Basically it's 1,200 pages of episode summaries and other information covering 20 years of the show.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/simpsons-world-the-ultimate-episode-guide-matt-groening/1024595321?ean=9780594045052

Normally it goes for between $90-$130, but B&N has it on sale for $14.00.

And if you use the coupon code, T4T8J4A, it will knock a few more dollars off.

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

Vakal posted:

Not exactly comic related, but Barnes and Noble has a good deal on the Simpsons World Hardcover book.

... Thank you! I've avoided this for years due to the high price.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Vakal posted:

Basically it's 1,200 pages of episode summaries and other information covering 20 years of the show.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/simpsons-world-the-ultimate-episode-guide-matt-groening/1024595321?ean=9780594045052

Will they honor this in-store?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

So did anyone get this? What's it like? Any cool extras?

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Nodoze posted:

Will they honor this in-store?

It looks like there's a "pick up in store" option. When I clicked it, the price was $25.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

I wish I had Paul Newman's eyes
That would be nice.

solidrooster posted:

So I just bought the Incredible Hulk by Jason Aaron Vol. 1 OHC and it came with a digital download code. I knew Marvel was doing this with their Season 1 hardcovers, but didn't know they were doing this with other hardcovers. Does anyone here know what other HC's have come with a DL code or which HC's in the future will include them?

There was one in my copy of X-Men Season One

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Starsnostars posted:

I'll pick it up tomorrow and post my thoughts

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

I got it. I didn't notice anything really off about it but nothing really special either. It's just your standard well-executed OSHC. Good if you don't have the material (I didn't) but I wouldn't upgrade any existing hard covers for it.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Random Stranger posted:

I got it. I didn't notice anything really off about it but nothing really special either. It's just your standard well-executed OSHC. Good if you don't have the material (I didn't) but I wouldn't upgrade any existing hard covers for it.

I did because my bookshelf looked funny. Now it looks less funny (gently caress you Time and the Batman). It was also a pretty solid price point and I know some people who may want my old hardcovers.

So, does anyone know if the page count on the Infinite Crisis omnibus is around what I'll be getting if I buy The Invisibles one? Saw that thing at the shop today and good god is it immense.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

bairfanx posted:

I did because my bookshelf looked funny. Now it looks less funny (gently caress you Time and the Batman). It was also a pretty solid price point and I know some people who may want my old hardcovers.

So, does anyone know if the page count on the Infinite Crisis omnibus is around what I'll be getting if I buy The Invisibles one? Saw that thing at the shop today and good god is it immense.

Did you notice what the binding was like on Infinite Crisis? God I hope it's a nice sewn binding. Nothing glued down to the spine please!

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

solidrooster posted:

Did you notice what the binding was like on Infinite Crisis? God I hope it's a nice sewn binding. Nothing glued down to the spine please!

I didn't! Despite my love of hardcovers, I'd have a hard time telling the difference without someone explaining it. I think sewn bindings have that little bit of fabric at the spine and typically curve out, right?

If no one has an answer for you, I can check next week, assuming the thing is still there.

edit: poo poo, the Invisibles one is 3-400 more pages? Have they announced if that contains the letters columns? Would it probably just be cheaper/more enjoyable for me to get the single issues?

bairfanx fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 28, 2012

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

bairfanx posted:

I didn't! Despite my love of hardcovers, I'd have a hard time telling the difference without someone explaining it. I think sewn bindings have that little bit of fabric at the spine and typically curve out, right?

If no one has an answer for you, I can check next week, assuming the thing is still there.

Yeah, usually sewn bindings will have a curved spine. lovely glued bindings usually have a straight/square spine.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Hooray, my Secret Warriors Omni has shipped.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

Hooray, my Secret Warriors Omni has shipped.

Have you read it before? Because I just finished rereading the whole run last night, and you are in for a treat!

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Got my Kamandibus the other day. Can't wait to read it. Got Challengers along with it :) I am kinda bummed that I didn't jump onto the Kirby Omni bandwagon soon enough to get the Fourth World hardcovers.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Woo the second Walking Dead compendium is out October 3rd :toot:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/second-walking-dead-compendium-due-in-stores-oct-3/

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
loving A. I've been waiting for this for ages. I'll have 48 issues of catching up.

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

That would be nice.
This one goes out to the lurkers, as well: How many britgoons are there who'd be interested in an HC sale? I'm selling some out of print books, including ToD Omnibus 1&2, both volumes of the Brubaker and Bendis Daredevil omnibu, the Eternals Omnis. None of those for above cover price.

I've never set up an SA mart thread, so it'd be handy to gauge interest.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

Being in the process of moving house, I wish I'd decided to sell off some HC's! My poor back/arms/car.

Jeremys Iron
Aug 18, 2006

"Now if you'll excuse me, it's 8 O'clock, Time to get Bizzay"

paulnewmanseyes posted:

This one goes out to the lurkers, as well: How many britgoons are there who'd be interested in an HC sale? I'm selling some out of print books, including ToD Omnibus 1&2, both volumes of the Brubaker and Bendis Daredevil omnibu, the Eternals Omnis. None of those for above cover price.

I've never set up an SA mart thread, so it'd be handy to gauge interest.
Saw your tweet and came running.

I'd be interested.

Have they been looked after in a stupidly fussy and careful way to satisfy my OCD demand for perfect-condition books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight My Dad!
Mar 9, 2008

That would be nice.

Jeremys Iron posted:

Saw your tweet and came running.

I'd be interested.

Have they been looked after in a stupidly fussy and careful way to satisfy my OCD demand for perfect-condition books?

All have by me, but some were second-hand when I got them...