Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Seth Rogen kind of looks like Sean Penn there.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheJoker138 posted:

This is loving awesome, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Also, all the "boo hoo it's not like the games poo poo." What is this, 2002? It's pretty god drat obvious at this point that Anderson and co. have no intention at all of doing straight up adaptations of the games, they just like picking and choosing and then making huge, ridiculous action movies based off of them. By the way, in this earlier image they released for the movie, they were able to fit everything that is awesome about these movies in one, still image:

Didn't Paul not want to make another one, but the studio kept throwing money at him until he did?

Because those movies make a loving SHITLOAD of money compared to what they cost to make, and hey, I like them. They're awful in exactly the right way :colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BARONS DEF CHARGER posted:

Didn't Paul not want to make another one, but the studio kept throwing money at him until he did?

Because those movies make a loving SHITLOAD of money compared to what they cost to make, and hey, I like them. They're awful in exactly the right way :colbert:

Yeah, they kept saying 3 was the last one right up until they officially announced 4. And go drat am I glad they did, 4 was loving fantastic. The final battle with Wesker is insane.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Resident Evil movies loving suck.

Getting back on topic, what the gently caress is this poo poo, UK?

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 1, 2012

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Is it OK if we moved on from this boring Resident Evil love-in?

What the gently caress is this poo poo, UK?

Man, that looks exactly like that one film that someone tried to pimp on these forums not long ago. I can't remember the name of it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Man, that looks exactly like that one film that someone tried to pimp on these forums not long ago. I can't remember the name of it.

Tony Tango. I wish I can forget it. I think the dumb gently caress got probated for 10,000 years or whatever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Tony Tango or some poo poo like that?

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vagabundo posted:

For gently caress's sake. I saw this on another forum and everyone was laughing at it for being a terrible photoshop. but now I know it's real, it's worse; kind of like Nick Love's The Sweeney which I thought was a gag until I saw the poster at my local Odeon.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ooosh? Bang Tidy?

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

"Longerer"... I don't think I want to see this film. Nope.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy gently caress :lol:

I haven't laughed that hard since Taken/Tekken 2.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy gently caress :lol:

I haven't laughed that hard since Taken/Tekken 2.
Agreed. This is brilliant. And the fact that I've had this VHS since I was a kid makes it all the more surreal and awesome.

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Was Tony Tango ever released online? I think I got drunk and promised that I would watch it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

Was Tony Tango ever released online? I think I got drunk and promised that I would watch it.

Did that Keith Lemon poster remind you of Tony Tango too? I went to the website. Seems like it's still unreleased, surprise surprise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So apparently Atlas Shrugged Part 2 is coming out, even though the market spoke and what it said was that Part 1 wasn't worth seeing?

They must think pretty highly of their iconography to just slap a big "II" on a poster and think that it would have instant recognition. (You can buy this poster for $24.95, or get it signed by the producers for $99.95. No, really.)

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
In regards to the RE movie talk. I'd really like to see a Half-Life movie. And I want it in mostly first person. I think. There are alot of "holy poo poo" jump at you moments and I think it would be neat to see a movie where it's all First Person. Although I guess that would be like watching a Let's Play without someone annoying talking over it.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Dr Mantis Toboggan posted:

He appears to have gotten a deal with Strategic Film Partners who act as his agent for distributors. They represented him at Cannes via Marché du Film where it was screened for preview.

Since Maxx's stint here he focused on a store :nms: :NSFW: and shilling merch though facebook. No newer trailer has been created, he's still using the old pitch trailer from 2010 that got rejected by everyone.

I'm not sure of the shadowy is supposed to be a $ or Shrugged.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Physical posted:

In regards to the RE movie talk. I'd really like to see a Half-Life movie. And I want it in mostly first person. I think. There are alot of "holy poo poo" jump at you moments and I think it would be neat to see a movie where it's all First Person. Although I guess that would be like watching a Let's Play without someone annoying talking over it.

Or you know, you could play the game yourself. I dunno, it's just a suggestion.

WebDog posted:

It's Atlas shrugging.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

Ooosh? Bang Tidy?

This looks like a movie that is a ripoff of a hundred things, but nothing in particular, right down to the manufactured attempts at creating catchphrases.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

WebDog posted:

Jesus, what a horrible poster. You can see the shadow "S" only from far away, but it disappears into the grunginess of the texture up close. The Atlas Shrugged logo is obscured by the texture, cut off by the edge shadows, and hidden behind the "II" in the foreground and the shadow "s". The "II" remains the focal point of the poster, but provides little information to as what it means. The only people who know are those in the know, which is a small audience.

Edit: Oh double Jesus, the figure logo has two colors, but you can't really differentiate between Atlas and the Globe, as the figure uses a gradient that blends both elements together unless you really stare at it.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 1, 2012

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

For some reason it made me think of The Shadow 2 and not Atlas Shrugged.

Man they should make a sequel to The Shadow.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Looking up The Shadow somehow lead me to these two bangers:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Looking up The Shadow somehow lead me to these two bangers:

The first one is taken from stills of the movie. I used to have that movie on tape and that was the cover.

But, god, that second one is hilarious. Caine's head and the hand on the gun are obviously pasted in (I'm trying to think if this was before Photoshop or if that was done manually because that movie is late '80s, early '90s.). However, they may have gotten Sean Young to pose with a stand-in.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

davidspackage posted:

This looks like a movie that is a ripoff of a hundred things, but nothing in particular, right down to the manufactured attempts at creating catchphrases.

Bang tidy is his legitimate catch phrase - he's on the telly quite a bit over here (not my sort of humour, though)

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Vagabundo posted:

The worst part? This is a feature film based on the persona of a game show host.

His catchphrase is "potatoes".

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Professor Clumsy posted:

The worst part? This is a feature film based on the persona of a game show host.

His catchphrase is "potatoes".

He's a play up of every British 'double entendre' type host going. Keith Lemon is what Bruce Forsyth and Jonathon Ross would be if you stripped all of the poo poo jokes and were just upfront about ogling the cohost/guest on stage. And he's loving hilarious for it.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Physical posted:

I think a Half-Life movie would be pretty pointless because without the first-person gimmick and the way that they tell the story almost entirely through background stuff like newspaper clipping and the design of the environments (which only really works in a game that you can explore at your leisure) all your left with is another alien invasion story with some pretty cool monster designs.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So apparently Atlas Shrugged Part 2 is coming out, even though the market spoke and what it said was that Part 1 wasn't worth seeing?

This is getting a sequel?

From wikipedia:

quote:

After the box office failure of Atlas Shrugged: Part 1, there was some doubt as to whether or not any more of the proposed trilogy would be put into production. However, in a private debt sale in early 2012, the producers raised $16 million of the $25 million they sought, enabling a budget larger than that of the first movie. The production company announced that Part 2 would be released to coincide with the U.S. general election season in fall 2012.

You'd have thought the first film bombing would have been enough of a message that nobody wanted to see that movie, or see it continue. I mean, it cost $20 million, and only got back about $4 million.

And on topic, that is a really lovely poster. I thought it had a basketball in the background at first. It's really hard to discern Atlas in the background, what with the really badly done S shadow and faded poster effect.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Keith Lemon is what Bruce Forsyth and Jonathon Ross would be if you stripped all of the poo poo jokes and were just upfront about ogling the cohost/guest on stage. And he's loving hilarious for it.

You misspelled Jonathan Woss.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 2, 2012

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

My God... it's more beautiful than I imagined. Thank you!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

FreudianSlippers posted:

You misspelled Jonathon Woss.

Let's not be abuwist.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

You'd have thought the first film bombing would have been enough of a message that nobody wanted to see that movie, or see it continue. I mean, it cost $20 million, and only got back about $4 million.

I loving LOVE that Atlas Shrugged was squarely rejected by the market and now in complete disregard to the movies own philosophy, it is making a sequel and going into debt doing so. Real ironic justice.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

WeaponX posted:

I loving LOVE that Atlas Shrugged was squarely rejected by the market and now in complete disregard to the movies own philosophy, it is making a sequel and going into debt doing so. Real ironic justice.

Not just that, but relying on the non-reimbursed altruism of others for advertising.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

"Who's John Galt?"

"No one cares, rear end in a top hat!"

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I would kill for a satire of those films. 90 minutes of lambasting nutjob libertarians and their rear end backwards Rand worship.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's hard as hell to mock the already ridiculous.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

quote:

But, god, that second one is hilarious. Caine's head and the hand on the gun are obviously pasted in (I'm trying to think if this was before Photoshop or if that was done manually because that movie is late '80s, early '90s.). However, they may have gotten Sean Young to pose with a stand-in.
Here you can see the hand with the gun has shifted.

Baron Bifford fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 3, 2012

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

NES/SNES box art was the highest form of art.

I feel like I cannot let this go unaddressed...

Sorry, please resume your regularly scheduled movie poster praising/mocking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

zenintrude posted:

I feel like I cannot let this go unaddressed...

Sorry, please resume your regularly scheduled movie poster praising/mocking.

Wait. What?