Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

Crackbone posted:

Is Divekick more fun than SFxTekken?

If so, it's allowed to cost up to $59.99.

Allowed? Everyone who bought SFxT including me got what they deserved. I knew it was broke, but still to this day enjoy practice mode and loving with the engine in a way similar to Desk I guess. Also, obvious but, two wrongs don't make a right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It would be BRILLIANT on iOS, to be honest, I've thought about that a bunch of times. It's the only way to make an actual viable "fighting game" on the platform IMHO, and it would probably be much cheaper to make and publish.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Dias posted:

It would be BRILLIANT on iOS, to be honest, I've thought about that a bunch of times. It's the only way to make an actual viable "fighting game" on the platform IMHO, and it would probably be much cheaper to make and publish.

The problem is that it's already written fully in C#/XNA iirc. It's not that complicated of a game to port, but it would still require a port as opposed to just polishing/licensing/Q&A.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its also more fun than a root canal so the price is now 1500 :colbert:

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Ryaomon posted:

If it absolutely had to be a game it should be a 99 cent iOS game.

Yeah, but fighting games always have lovely controls when they get ported to a touchscr-

:aaaaa:

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

dane cook torrent posted:

Allowed? Everyone who bought SFxT including me got what they deserved. I knew it was broke, but still to this day enjoy practice mode and loving with the engine in a way similar to Desk I guess. Also, obvious but, two wrongs don't make a right.

The best thing about owning it on PC is that hopefully someday someone will mod it into something that isn't such a drat slog to play.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brett824 posted:

The problem is that it's already written fully in C#/XNA iirc. It's not that complicated of a game to port, but it would still require a port as opposed to just polishing/licensing/Q&A.

Yeah, I know, was thinking more on the lines of "what if they made the original game on iOS". I wonder if you can use GGPO on iOS games...

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'd play it on my Android. Tap the left side of the screen to Dive, the right half of the screen to kick.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Put it on XBLA and make it Better with Kinect. Jump up to set up your Dive and kick to do your Kick.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Brett824 posted:

Then it's already ready for Windows Phone 7!

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

:confused:

The Balance Niggy
May 11, 2001

tane wave

I enjoy the "Single Player" mode.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
If anyone's looking to buy a Mad Catz stick, their Evo deals are starting to go up at http://www.madcatz.com/evo-2012-deals/

MarkMan said there will be more tomorrow.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Stop encouraging Keits, he is the worst person.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

If anyone is still curious about Playstation All-Stars, a panel at SDCC will be held on Sunday July 15 at 11 pst.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Stop encouraging Keits, he is the worst person.

What's your story? :confused: If it makes you feel better the amount of people that poo poo on him is at least as many as those that support him.

Having met him in person, he's a really cool guy and his events are hella fun and well run. If it weren't for this I probably wouldn't have taken his word on the kickstarter thing.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

apple posted:

What's your story? :confused:

As someone who has been lurking around this thread since it started, I can say fairly confidently that I don't think Tokyo Slutty Gal has ever had a single positive thing to say about anything. I wouldn't take his/her criticism too seriously.

blumpkinbliss fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 4, 2012

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

blumpkinbliss posted:

As someone who has been lurking around this thread since it started, I can say fairly confidently that I don't think Tokyo Slutty Gal has ever had a single positive thing to say about anything. I wouldn't take his/her criticism too seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze2WdA0CRR8

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
Wow, that was loving terrible. I take it all back TSG, you were right, he is the worst.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Didnt he also like have a kid and gave it away because he refused to wear condoms?

Firzen
Sep 23, 2008
Somebody make divekick Mugen edition (or damned close) and be done with it.

Also echoing sentiments for a phone version, somebody cook one up and make millions.

Also, also, speaking of indie fighting games when the heck is Nidhogg coming out?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

blumpkinbliss posted:

Wow, that was loving terrible. I take it all back TSG, you were right, he is the worst.

Yeah I remember that, he did drop the ball. I'm pretty sure he thought he was just talking about an interesting topic to fill the dead air, but he found out the hard way that it's not the kind of thing that belongs on FG commentary, considering I haven't seen him commentate majors ever since. If this 2 year old incident is reason enough for you to not support him, that's up to you.

To me he's that dude that hosts UFGT and does a great job at it, has a cool dad (Papa Keits!) that designs different games (Balrog Ball, Kombat21, etc.) which people can vouch they have been playing and having a blast for most of the weekend. I still think he's alright in my book.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I've spent some time with Keits and he's a really nice guy who happens to have a couple bad opinions, which is pretty much the most you can ask for in the FGC. Also, Divekick made perfect sense to me once I realized he's an amateur board game designer (although, another bad opinion: he refuses to play a lot of really good games because he's worried they would influence his creativity).

I mean, the nicest top player I ever hung out (who will remain anonymous) with seriously wanted to allow people to abort children as late as 5 years old, so Gender Science 101 doesn't seem so bad in retrospect.

gently caress Marn, though, Marn stinks and he's an rear end in a top hat.

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

Firzen posted:

Also, also, speaking of indie fighting games when the heck is Nidhogg coming out?

Last I heard, the author was not releasing it to the general public because he designed the game to be played in front of an audience at an event.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Nidhogg is out, provided you don't mind building a Winnitron cab to play it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So this is pretty surprising. Apparently Bandai Namco's teaser for an "All-Star Battle" is actually a new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure game.

edit: News article in English

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 5, 2012

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
New Jojo's trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDDqwcBqww

Oh my god all the parts of the manga are represented :stare:

There's also a new anime being made.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jul 5, 2012

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Kurtofan posted:

New Jojo's trailer:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-05/jojo-bizarre-adventure-gets-tv-anime-in-october-and-game

(The trailer starts at 52)

Oh my god all the series of the manga are represented :stare:

My purchase of a PS3 is now fully justified.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

New Jojo's trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xDDqwcBqww

Oh my god all the parts of the manga are represented :stare:

STEEL BALL RUN CHARACTERS FIGHT ON HORSEBACK. GOD drat.

There is only one appropriate reaction to this.

This is like, the best news.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
High quality trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPqmpzlAE8

And the official site:http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 5, 2012

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
CyberConnect2 means it'll probably be like the Naruto games sooooo who cares.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The gameplay/aesthetic really reminds me of Asura's Wrath, which was CC2's last game.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Looks like a generic 3D anime game

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I'm just happy they're going with not just Stardust Crusaders. Too many people think SDC is the be all and end all of JoJo when really ALL JoJo is awesome and should be read.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

Looks like a generic 3D anime game

Jojo's is all but generic. :colbert:

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Yeah but that trailer isn't.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I couldn't quite tell (and maybe it's glaringly obvious and I'm just dumb), but is that going to be PS3 exclusive?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

kaujot posted:

I couldn't quite tell (and maybe it's glaringly obvious and I'm just dumb), but is that going to be PS3 exclusive?

Yes.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

Oh well.

In other news, Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel vs. Capcom are coming to XBLA/PSN in a bundle.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/07/05/marvel_vs_capcom_origins_coming_to_xbla_and_psn_in_september

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
I would buy this for the MvC character select music alone.

• Locked thread