Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow0 posted:

Took me a second, but that definitely made me laugh out loud.

Why does it seem that Chopper can change his hat he was given as long as he maintains the pink background with the X? I would have figured the hat itself would have been the important part.

Might just be getting new hats and adding the X himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shadow0 posted:

Took me a second, but that definitely made me laugh out loud.

Why does it seem that Chopper can change his hat he was given as long as he maintains the pink background with the X? I would have figured the hat itself would have been the important part.
I think Oda said he's just wearing other hats or hat covers over his original top hat. It's still in there, he's just stylin' now.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
His "Baseball cap" is just a blue cover over the pink hat, bending the brim down.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Just caught up after a long hiatus, Luffy gut kicking Hody across the plaza was the best thing. :haw:

Also, Hody is a very hate-able villain, I really want to see his rear end get kicked.

Lick Joe
Sep 30, 2000
Forum Veteran
I haven't been following the series since I got fatigued from playing subgroup roulette around episode 415. In the interim, has there perhaps been a decent sub group that's covered the series from then until current? Or perhaps a concise guide to show which groups cover which episode ranges?

I see Yibis has a lot of material, but after 400+ episodes of growing familiar with One Piece's terminology, their romanizations (Seven Warlords of the Sea instead of Shichibukai, Comrades instead of nakama, etc.) become somewhat distracting.

Also, how are the Funimation subs?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lick Joe posted:

I haven't been following the series since I got fatigued from playing subgroup roulette around episode 415. In the interim, has there perhaps been a decent sub group that's covered the series from then until current? Or perhaps a concise guide to show which groups cover which episode ranges?

I see Yibis has a lot of material, but after 400+ episodes of growing familiar with One Piece's terminology, their romanizations (Seven Warlords of the Sea instead of Shichibukai, Comrades instead of nakama, etc.) become somewhat distracting.

Also, how are the Funimation subs?

Funimation Subs are great because they're official (Legal), they simulcast (The same night the episode plays in Japan), and it isn't that bad of a sub itself. There's still some kun's in there but it isn't too bad.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Funimation Subs are great because they're official (Legal), they simulcast (The same night the episode plays in Japan), and it isn't that bad of a sub itself. There's still some kun's in there but it isn't too bad.

Everyone needs to support the Funi subs as much as possible. As this has been what we have been asking for forever. It solves every excuse people have ever used for fansubbing and needs to be more widespread.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
If you're in America, Funimation subs are great because you're constantly up to date no waiting for subs. But if you're outside the great wall then you're relying on a single sub group and that's Yibis.

I just watched 553. Glad they did they went logical route instead of being stubborn. Still think Jinbei needs to be leading this counter.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I've been going with CCS Subs for a while now because of the whole roulette thing and Yibis is slow and I'm impatient. CCS recently has started doing speed for 0 day and quality a few days after release.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
For the newest episodes I'm watching NWTC, they're some kind of new guys, I don't know if they translate themselves or just rip the official subs but they're pretty much the fastest and always have decent quality (both subs and video/audio). Wish I could watch the official simulcast, though, would save me a bit of trouble every Sunday.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Im pretty sure we're not supposed to discuss subs since its freely available in the US and the forums are US based.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
New Episode.

This is probably one of my favorite ones from this arc.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

r00tn00b posted:

New Episode.

This is probably one of my favorite ones from this arc.

New episodes come out Saturday night (in my timezone). This was posted Wednesday. Don't get my hopes up like that, that was some 4 days old already.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

KoB posted:

Im pretty sure we're not supposed to discuss subs since its freely available in the US and the forums are US based.

Unless the rules have changed recently, talking is fine, linking is not.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Ep 555 - Deadly Attacks One After Another! Zoro and Sanji join the battle!

http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

e: Why did they change the Geppou noise?

KoB fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 8, 2012

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I really hate how the anime does the water bullets. It makes it look like some sort of nasty mucus secretion instead of just water being thrown.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This was a great episode. brook's dancing was easily my favorite part

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
"This will be over soon so just stand still!"

You're god drat right it is. :black101:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I like how the 100k enemies that started out as "man that's a lot of guys for the crew to take out" has quickly become "man I sure hope there's enough guys left for Franky to bust out the new weapons".

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Finally starting to like Sanji again. He can now fly. Him and Robin. I really hope they end the whole New Kama thing soon though...

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Gyges posted:

I like how the 100k enemies that started out as "man that's a lot of guys for the crew to take out" has quickly become "man I sure hope there's enough guys left for Franky to bust out the new weapons".

What I wanna know is where would he put them? Cannon in the lion's mouth, clearly it had to be done, but what does that leave left? Does the mast now double as a missile silo now? Or perhaps the other ships within the carousel combine with the Sunny to create ALPHA SUNNY, THE VOLTRON-ESQUE MECHA THAT RUNS OFF OF A COLA/ALCOHOL BLEND!

The last part was purely a hypothesis and probably didn't need to be blocked.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dukeofdummies posted:

What I wanna know is where would he put them? Cannon in the lion's mouth, clearly it had to be done, but what does that leave left? Does the mast now double as a missile silo now? Or perhaps the other ships within the carousel combine with the Sunny to create ALPHA SUNNY, THE VOLTRON-ESQUE MECHA THAT RUNS OFF OF A COLA/ALCOHOL BLEND!

The last part was purely a hypothesis and probably didn't need to be blocked.

There's always room for pirate docking. Always. Or Franky could be planning on using Big Emperor, with Nami subbing in for Robin.

How many fishman can Robin take out with a death stare over the revival of Big Emperor?

KoB
May 1, 2009
When Sunny was first made, Franky explained that he only used 4 of the 6 slots in Sunny's interior. (The submarine, mini-merry, etc)

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

KoB posted:

When Sunny was first made, Franky explained that he only used 4 of the 6 slots in Sunny's interior. (The submarine, mini-merry, etc)

Did he?

I'm probably forgetting something but I thought he had two zeroes for the paddles, and then

mini merry
sharky
Nami's waver
???

in slots 1-4

right...?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Thousand Sunny's Soldier Dock System

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
EDIT: Whoops wrong One Piece thread.

At any rate I'm glad the animes finally getting to the fighting, I've been waiting to see how it looks in motion! For as bad as the filler has gotten these past couple arcs, I've still really enjoyed the action quite a bit.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dukeofdummies posted:

Did he?

I'm probably forgetting something but I thought he had two zeroes for the paddles, and then

mini merry
sharky
Nami's waver
???

in slots 1-4

right...?
I wouldnt click on the link, spoilers.

There are six slots. Paddles are 0. Skypiea cloud scooter thing, sub, and mini-merry are 1-3. 4 and 5 were empty.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New Episode is out. So much good stuff in this one it's hard to narrow down. Brook breaks new boundaries in psychedelic music, Chopper is now Tank Commander Chopper, Franky breaks out his ridiculous Franky weapons, and the pure glee of Surume beating down Fishmen is infectious.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

New Episode is out. So much good stuff in this one it's hard to narrow down. Brook breaks new boundaries in psychedelic music, Chopper is now Tank Commander Chopper, Franky breaks out his ridiculous Franky weapons, and the pure glee of Surume beating down Fishmen is infectious.

The best part was Jinbe being completely nonplussed by the Strawhats acting like the Strawhats.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I loved that episode, everyone is so happy :3:

Except for the bad guys.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I feel like the animation was a lot better in this episode too. I didn't see any shots were someone looked like they were drawn wrong like last week.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I'm so glad Franky switched back to his crazy Ace Ventura haricut. Now he is my favorite character once again.

Diospace
Apr 27, 2012
Franky always my favorite, I quite like Usopp too:)

Edit: Any Crocodile fans here?

Diospace fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 16, 2012

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Crocodile is a proper villain with his head on straight, I don't know how you could possibly not like him. I mean he's an absolute dick, but hey that's just part of being a villain, nothing personal, all part of the world conquest plan and all.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Crocodile is a James Bond villain.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Crocodile is fantastic. Badass ability, always wears stylin' clothes, smug as hell. Hes probably me favorite One Piece villain.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Crocodile was the absolute perfect villain to bring back aside from Buggy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

WhiffleballDude posted:

Crocodile was the absolute perfect villain to bring back aside from Buggy.
They're both the most memorable villains. Buggy was a fun rival to Luffy and Crocodile was that first biggest brick in the road.

Arlong is popular too, I'm sure. We got a little closure with that though, and I don't know if there's a reason for him to be around anymore now that we've seen the Strawhats beat much stronger Fishmen and align themselves with the strongest.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Crocodile is my favorite villain. He has some potential backstory, wears a pimping fur coat, and is smug for a good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

John Liver posted:

I'm so glad Franky switched back to his crazy Ace Ventura haricut. Now he is my favorite character once again.

I really hope he sticks to this hair. Something about the shaved head doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't seem very 'Franky' to me at all.