Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

AdmiralViscen posted:

Is this the red interior thread?

Apparently it is. This is the red interior of my former steel gray E46 M3, which I sold to another goon a few years ago. I replaced the M3 with my Evo X.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Since we're posting formerly owned BMW M3 interiors...

My old 99 M3 which I sold to a goon a couple years back.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
This seems to be the only shot I ever took of my old M3 interior. I have to say that I notice how drab it seems compared to the new interior, but aside from heated seats I often forget that I'm driving a different car.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Paul Boz_ posted:

It's the same, I just don't use the meguiar's wipes on the seats because they gently caress up your clothes and I'd just washed the car. If I condition the seats at the same time they're identical.

I'll go ahead and sperg that there's no such thing as a one-step leather cleaner-conditioner. Meguiars in particular has a PH of 9.0, while leather has a natural PH around 4.0, not to mention it contains a ton of other chemicals that will cause things like the tanning agents and fatliquor to debond and break down. You need to use a two-step process of cleaner then conditioner, there isn't a single one-step product on the market that doesn't do long-term damage to leather. I would recommend Leather Master or Connolly products.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

omgitstheinternet posted:

I loving love the e36 interior. Sure it's made of crummy plastic and rattles like hell, but it has that awesome 90s feel of cradling the driver in a cockpit.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
I found a picture of my old 1991 S10 pickup. It was about as base-model as you could get at the time with a 2.5L Iron Duke 4cyl with a 5-speed, and manual steering. I bought it with 114k on it and put just over another 100k on it in the 5 years I owned it. drat thing always started and ran like a champ. Rust got the better of it though, I still kinda miss it :3:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

AdmiralViscen posted:

Is this the red interior thread?

My '84 RX-7 GSL-SE project car can play as well:

Don't you love how some of the plastics have become brown over the years?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Darchangel posted:

My '84 RX-7 GSL-SE project car can play as well:

Don't you love how some of the plastics have become brown over the years?

It's okay, apparently the brown plastics (like my shift knob) become green instead.

Mordred
Mar 15, 2007

DoLittle posted:

Not that much to see. A 2.0TS selespeed sportwagon with ~245k on the clock:

Disagree. It's an Alfa, and it's beautiful.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

I photographed Alexander Ovechkins car the other day at some weird concrete plant and took this photo of my car from the top of a big pile of gravel:

Full size: http://i.imgur.com/q3Cca.jpg

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Yuns posted:

Apparently it is. This is the red interior of my former steel gray E46 M3, which I sold to another goon a few years ago. I replaced the M3 with my Evo X.

That's hot. I never really liked red interiors in cars but they are growing on me.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Bojanglesworth posted:

I photographed Alexander Ovechkins car the other day at some weird concrete plant and took this photo of my car from the top of a big pile of gravel:

Full size: http://i.imgur.com/q3Cca.jpg

More info on this please! Did Ovi contract you to do it or did you just happen to go to the massive gravel pile and see him and figure "oh hey that's Great 8 let's get some pics of his car"?

Also I still love your Subie :)

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

More info on this please! Did Ovi contract you to do it or did you just happen to go to the massive gravel pile and see him and figure "oh hey that's Great 8 let's get some pics of his car"?

Also I still love your Subie :)

I was hired to shoot his car, the SL65 black series. It has recently undergone some changes.

Also, thanks!!

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

omgitstheinternet posted:

i'm that goon

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

I picked up a W124 sedan today. The wheels are pretty silly, but they're kind of growing on me.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Unironically like the wheels on that. Looks clean.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah I dont get how theyre silly, they look nice.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
They look like knockoff Volk CE28's and I suspect he thinks they look more out of place than silly. They look good on the car but don't necessarily fit the style. I'd expect them on a WRX or RSX more so than on a Merc. The low profile tires don't really fill out the wheel wells very much without lowering the car. I think most of that feeling comes from seeing 9/10 that vintage Mercedes on VIP wheels.

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

Ha, thanks. And yeah, they're 17-inch Enkeis. So they do look out of place, but I'm digging them now. I think lowering the car a bit would be good. We'll see.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

The spokes are too thin for a car that large, but that's me, and I just punched a hole through the drywall, so what the gently caress do I know?

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
So today I bought my second 4wd, a 1990 Toyota Hilux with the 2.8l N/A Diesel with a 5spd manual gearbox.

It's in pretty nice condition, had the motor rebuilt 120xxxkms ago, recent respray (though there is overspray on some stuff) new radiator, glow plugs and 2 new A/T tyres on the front. It's also coming with another set of wheels and tyres. Guy has a Job down in Sydney with a company car and his flights are booked for Monday, so it's all mine for $2500AUD.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That's a loving bargain.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DropShadow posted:

The spokes are too thin for a car that large, but that's me, and I just punched a hole through the drywall, so what the gently caress do I know?

No, I agree, the wheels are fine on their own, but don't work too well with a car like that. Compare and contrast:

So, get those wheels. Otherwise congrats, that's a very nice ride, the W124 is one of my favorite types of MB.

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

Thanks, and I would love to have a 500E. They're so badass. I'll keep my eyes open for wheels, but I think I'll stick with these for now.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

So today I bought my second 4wd, a 1990 Toyota Hilux with the 2.8l N/A Diesel with a 5spd manual gearbox.

It's in pretty nice condition, had the motor rebuilt 120xxxkms ago, recent respray (though there is overspray on some stuff) new radiator, glow plugs and 2 new A/T tyres on the front. It's also coming with another set of wheels and tyres. Guy has a Job down in Sydney with a company car and his flights are booked for Monday, so it's all mine for $2500AUD.

If I ever absolutely needed to own a pickup for some reason, it would be one of those. Great choice.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

No, I agree, the wheels are fine on their own, but don't work too well with a car like that. Compare and contrast:

So, get those wheels. Otherwise congrats, that's a very nice ride, the W124 is one of my favorite types of MB.

Is that a 500E?

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Monoblocks also on an M3.

I do like the amg monoblock wheels. They are the best.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Monoblocks look great on almost anything. I would love to put a set on my GLI.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

How heavy are they, though?

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

Lusso posted:

I picked up a W124 sedan today. The wheels are pretty silly, but they're kind of growing on me.

Those wheels aren't too bad but I really think you should stance that baby out. Even by an inch or two. Cut the springs even. The thin spokes and the large gap between the wheels are kind of jarring. I don't even think you'd have to roll the fenders, but if you do, there's some really good guides on here, and other forums, if you'd like.

:) Love 124s. Went to look at one with my buddy a few weeks ago, he's got a 123, but the thing was rusted to poo poo and back and the guy wasn't negotiable at all on the price; and I didn't believe him that it would pass inspection.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

juche mane posted:

Those wheels aren't too bad but I really think you should stance that baby out.

Die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE
New Shoes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They look like snowflakes.

Very pissed off snowflakes that will kick your rear end.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
2011 VW GTI Just got it tinted today.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

That is dirt cheap for a Hilux in that condition. Sure, it will be slow, but looks brand new. There is a Hilux near my place with a sticker on the back that reads "always late in a 2.8"

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

You Am I posted:

That is dirt cheap for a Hilux in that condition. Sure, it will be slow, but looks brand new. There is a Hilux near my place with a sticker on the back that reads "always late in a 2.8"

Yeah, the paint is new, but it's a fairly dodgy job with orange peel/runs/overspray (check out the inner wheel arch) etc in a lot of places, but oh well. If I wanted to worry about cosmetics, I wouldn't have bought a Hilux.

Drove it the 50 odd highway Kms to my parents house for the weekend and yeah, it's pretty bloody slow, even for someone coming from a volvo 240.

Just got to do a few tricky items (diff oil, some electrical stuff) and replace the drivers seatbelt and get it road worthied on Monday hopefully (otherwise I'm getting stung by transport for another $90 "day permit" for moving unreg vehicles).

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

After much deliberation I pulled the trigger on this yesterday. 2012 Focus SE with the sport package.

I traded in my 2004 Focus ZX5 for it and I was a little sad to see it go, I loved that car but I think the upgrade was worth it! I can't believe how well the 2012 handles.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

mobby_6kl posted:

God drat it that car looks amazing. Click for more:

http://www.euroclassicmotors.com/galleries/500e1992.html

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Lusso posted:

That looks so much better than mine it ought to be a crime.

Least it still looks ok from a distance...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Reichstag posted:

That looks so much better than mine it ought to be a crime.

Least it still looks ok from a distance...

It does look pretty good from a distance, you're right. Lets see the up close.