Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astrobuck9
Oct 18, 2008
So, I have had better luck this past month than I've had in years:

The Connolly and Kane are out of /25. I got all of them from random box breaks on ebay.
The Burmi printing plate and Buff logo were from a case break. The Burmi is a 1/1, of course, and the Buff is a /6. That case break was awesome. There was a PK Subban auto/patch pulled, a Rick Nash printing plate, and a Taylor Hall auto/patch that was serialed to /25.
Not shown are a Gabronik Silhouette, a Parise/Neidermeyer auto card, because both were redemptions.
Also not shown are a Ryan Ellis Silhouette and a RNH Certified auto/jersey, because shipping from Canada to Kentucky takes forever now.
I think my run might be over now, as I have hit nothing in the past week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
You need to bring your luck to our breaks...

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
That Burmistrov plate is sweet, as are all the silhouettes and the disgusting Kane patch.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Does Panini use game-worn jerseys for rookies or do they do the same photoshoot crap Upper Deck pulled?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My box of Broad Street Boys should be here in a couple of days :toot:

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Decided to push my luck into a huge Ultimate 8th/11th break.

Came out with some insane results

Six way 1/1 patch Mark Messier, Grant Fuhr, Jari Kurri, Al MacInnis, Lanny MacDonald, Mike Vernon

Alexander Yakushev auto /9

Yzerman/Trottier dual jersey /24

Adam Larsson /30 autograph

Gilbert Perreault Blades of Steel /24

Henri Richard base

Igor Larionov Base

So uh... my luck is causing me to go broke. I need to hide in a hole.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

So uh yeah... about that luck... I traded in a bunch of old hockey and TCG cards to the local store for a box of titanium....

yeah....

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Incase you ever wanted to spend 1000$ on a group break

http://forums.cloutsnchara.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=45332

Yeah... I'm going to be watching that one from the sidelines.

zifflol
Apr 27, 2004
A few maildays to catch up on here and my first cardpost in the thread!

A couple autos

A couple jerseys

Some Parros (pre-stache so it's worthless)

A couple parallels

And finally my first decent hit!

I'm not really an islanders fan, does anyone know what it would fetch on ebay? I can't find even a picture of one anywhere else

zifflol fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 19, 2012

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
If i recall, contenders stuff doesn't have a huge ton of value. But my guess is probably 40-50. As its not a super limited print.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

zifflol posted:

A few maildays to catch up on here and my first cardpost in the thread!

A couple jerseys

I'm not really an islanders fan, does anyone know what it would fetch on ebay? I can't find even a picture of one anywhere else

If you decide to part with that Bergeron card at some point PM me your asking price.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

My Broad Street Boys box arrived not too long ago, and here's some photos.

The box, obviously.

The pack is well protected as does arrive in a jewel case.

Here's the jewel case!

These two photos are the 8 base cards. The camera doesn't really do them justice, but they're pretty nice cards. I might try and put together a base collection via ebay.

Two jersey cards. They're as good quality as you'd expect from any other major manufacturer, but the thing that's especially great is that they're larger swatches than I've seen before. For instance, the Bryz swatch is a little bit larger than the size of a quarter.

Got four autographs, and who can go wrong with those top two. The picture is a little blurry, but they're decent cards.

Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend this set to anybody who is not a big Flyers fan. I didn't pull anything of any real rarity or special value, but as a diehard Flyers I'm very pleased with this set and I'm probably gonna purchase another box in the next week or two.

Also, I hope they do other teams in the future, because it's beyond amazing what they've put together.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 19, 2012

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I'm not a hardcore Flyers fan, but drat those are some sweet cards.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Just saw an update regarding ITGs Forever Rivals (Leafs/Habs) box. Looks pretty interesting. Digging the old autos but I wonder how they got them...

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Sharp_angus posted:

Just saw an update regarding ITGs Forever Rivals (Leafs/Habs) box. Looks pretty interesting. Digging the old autos but I wonder how they got them...

How old? They are probably just cuts.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

How old? They are probably just cuts.

Late sixties I would say. And what do you mean by cuts? Like cutting the auto from another piece?

E: I guess a lot of those guys are still alive so they can do fresh signings, derp.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Sharp_angus posted:

Late sixties I would say. And what do you mean by cuts? Like cutting the auto from another piece?

Yes. They purchase letters or checks or other authentic documents with the person's signature, cut the signature off, and affix that to a trading card.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Was in my first group break in a long time tonight. 8 box case of Titanium, ended up getting the Kings with pick 16. It was going very badly until the last box, hit a Bernie Nichols six star memorabilia /25. I told Mike to try to sell it while he is at the national. If he doesn't sell it, I will post an image of it when I get it.

zifflol
Apr 27, 2004
So I picked up a certified blaster the other day on a whim and got a pretty nice pull. 16/25

And then today got a box of titanium and got this little gem.

Anyone have a beckett subscription can tell me what to put it on ebay for? there was one exactly like it for 180 USD but I don't know if he'll get it. I figure $150 is reasonable

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

zifflol posted:

So I picked up a certified blaster the other day on a whim and got a pretty nice pull. 16/25

And then today got a box of titanium and got this little gem.

Anyone have a beckett subscription can tell me what to put it on ebay for? there was one exactly like it for 180 USD but I don't know if he'll get it. I figure $150 is reasonable

I see you have it up for 150 or best offer. Beckett guide is always way over real cash value. Your best bet is to search it on ebay, then filter it to completed listings and see what the most recent ones have been selling for. In the case of that card, you should expect to be able to get between $75 and $100.

It might sound a little low, but the market (and the Titanium set itself) is so inundated with RNH 'rookie' stuff the bottom is falling out a little on all but the top cards. For Titanium you can get RNH autos for Rookie Reserve, Titanium Reserve, Home,Away and Third jersey autos, Draft Day auto, New Wave auto, Quad Mem auto and rookie dual sigs. They just aren't all that hard to come by anymore so unless it is a really high demand subset it isn't going to command a huge price. I'd take the first 80ish offer that comes along if you are looking to move it.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 4, 2012

zifflol
Apr 27, 2004

darkwolf220 posted:

I see you have it up for 150 or best offer. Beckett guide is always way over real cash value. Your best bet is to search it on ebay, then filter it to completed listings and see what the most recent ones have been selling for. In the case of that card, you should expect to be able to get between $75 and $100.

It might sound a little low, but the market (and the Titanium set itself) is so inundated with RNH 'rookie' stuff the bottom is falling out a little on all but the top cards. For Titanium you can get RNH autos for Rookie Reserve, Titanium Reserve, Home,Away and Third jersey autos, Draft Day auto, New Wave auto, Quad Mem auto and rookie dual sigs. They just aren't all that hard to come by anymore so unless it is a really high demand subset it isn't going to command a huge price. I'd take the first 80ish offer that comes along if you are looking to move it.

I saw C&C had it up for $180 so I figured $30 less would sell a bit quicker if someone was shopping around for it. I was hoping it would at least pay for the box it came in!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

zifflol posted:

I saw C&C had it up for $180 so I figured $30 less would sell a bit quicker if someone was shopping around for it. I was hoping it would at least pay for the box it came in!

Yeah, retailers always price things higher, overhead and all. The most accurate way to get a reading on how a card is selling is looking at the ones that have recently sold. Does that mean you won't get someone to offer $120 for it? No, but why would I offer $120 for yours if I can win one for $85?

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Not a card but my co-worker picked this up for me at a charity silent auction this weekend:

Marcus Johansson auto puck. It's my first puck, I'm pretty happy since it only cost me a $15 donation to charity.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Washington Capitals season ticket holder Pat Sajak is in the background of a Sidney Crosby card

http://deadspin.com/5932091/pat-sajak-somehow-ended-up-on-a-sidney-crosby-hockey-card

zifflol
Apr 27, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

Washington Capitals season ticket holder Pat Sajak is in the background of a Sidney Crosby card

http://deadspin.com/5932091/pat-sajak-somehow-ended-up-on-a-sidney-crosby-hockey-card

Is there a dual auto variant?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Mail day, got this in a Titanium break last week:

Bernie Nicholls 6 star mem /25. It is a stellar card. I am not a huge Kings fan, so it may end up going to ebay after I oogle it for a week or two.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 11, 2012

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Mail day, got this in a Titanium break last week:

Bernie Nicholls 6 star mem /25. It is a stellar card. I am not a huge Kings fan, so it may end up going to ebay after I oogle it for a week or two.

Nice card! I received a Chara 4 star mem, has to be one of my favorite card designs.

Dumping 100 or so cards on ebay this weekend in anticipation of fall sports card expo.

Also a reminder for anyone interested on Sunday CloutsnChara is having a 28,000$ cup break, its full and paid, but it should be super entertaining to watch.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

shyguy posted:

Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend this set to anybody who is not a big Flyers fan. I didn't pull anything of any real rarity or special value, but as a diehard Flyers I'm very pleased with this set and I'm probably gonna purchase another box in the next week or two.

Also, I hope they do other teams in the future, because it's beyond amazing what they've put together.

Holy poo poo that all looks awesome. It's too bad I can't really justify spending $100 on it. If only my car didn't need a new catalytic converter.

This thread is making me want to go out and buy some hockey cards though. Last time I did I think was at a Skydome vending machine for $0.35 CAD a pack.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hey guys, great news. I got a job offer yesterday and should be among the employed again soon. That means I will be able to afford hosting breaks again soon. Expect them to start up again ~mid Sept! :toot:

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

darkwolf220 posted:

Hey guys, great news. I got a job offer yesterday and should be among the employed again soon. That means I will be able to afford hosting breaks again soon. Expect them to start up again ~mid Sept! :toot:

Yaaaaay All-Goalies case break :w00t:

e: Serious though, nice to hear :)

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Great to hear, my spending has cranked down after this weekend in anticipation of the sports expo, but i'll set some aside for SA Breaks!

Congrats on the new job!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Gonna be a while before I can partake in another break, our economy is gonna be tight this semester and not only am I going to be forced to sell off some non-Yote cards(because I'm not getting rid of these Yotes) but we're gonna have live-ins for a while.

The good news is that they're finns and I've already asked; they love hockey. ^^

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Rutkowski posted:

Gonna be a while before I can partake in another break, our economy is gonna be tight this semester and not only am I going to be forced to sell off some non-Yote cards(because I'm not getting rid of these Yotes) but we're gonna have live-ins for a while.

The good news is that they're finns and I've already asked; they love hockey. ^^

What happens when some rowdy and unkempt Finns move in with a nice neat Swede family? Sounds like a sitcom in the making to me. Save the hook for season 2 They are Red Wings fans

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

This thread is making me want to go out and buy some hockey cards though. Last time I did I think was at a Skydome vending machine for $0.35 CAD a pack.

Yeah, I haven't bought stuff in forever for a variety of reasons. I hope that if this fall doesn't bring us actual hockey it at least brings us good cards.

I did get my BizNasty Social Signatures redemption and I love it. Paul's auto itself kinda blows but a hard-signed @Biznasty2point0 was well worth $13.

Any of you guys planning on going to the Toronto show November 9-11?

Surmy
May 25, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah, I haven't bought stuff in forever for a variety of reasons. I hope that if this fall doesn't bring us actual hockey it at least brings us good cards.

I did get my BizNasty Social Signatures redemption and I love it. Paul's auto itself kinda blows but a hard-signed @Biznasty2point0 was well worth $13.

Any of you guys planning on going to the Toronto show November 9-11?

I'll be there!

Also, http://www.blogtv.com/People/Cloutsnchara is about to open a 53 box break if anyone needs some afternoon entertainment

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Hey Dark, do you happen to have a lehtonen private signings? I am looking for one. and i know you love them.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nope, can't say I have one. Though you should be able to get one from ebay for like ~$10-12

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Nope, can't say I have one. Though you should be able to get one from ebay for like ~$10-12

Try 30... Gah.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp, CNC had their case of each Cup tonight. 36 tins. $1000 per spot in that break. And the winner is... no one. Best hit was a Wayne Gretzky honorable numbers /99 patch auto. A $500 card. Other highlights include Jordan Eberle 1/1 plate auto, Eberle Signature patch, Eberle Limited Logos, Corey Perry Rookie patch auto, Vinny Lecavalier honorable numbers /4 Program of Excellence dual auto MAF/Lehnier.

And a bunch of other ~$300 cards. Howe, Lemieux, Crosby autos.

End of the day, a huge bust. Even the guy who gets 1st overall will be hard pressed to do much more than turn a profit. Welp, glad it was not my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

Welp, CNC had their case of each Cup tonight. 36 tins. $1000 per spot in that break. And the winner is... no one. Best hit was a Wayne Gretzky honorable numbers /99 patch auto. A $500 card. Other highlights include Jordan Eberle 1/1 plate auto, Eberle Signature patch, Eberle Limited Logos, Corey Perry Rookie patch auto, Vinny Lecavalier honorable numbers /4 Program of Excellence dual auto MAF/Lehnier.

And a bunch of other ~$300 cards. Howe, Lemieux, Crosby autos.

End of the day, a huge bust. Even the guy who gets 1st overall will be hard pressed to do much more than turn a profit. Welp, glad it was not my money.

So what you are saying is surmys break earlier won.

• Locked thread