Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

A Retardet Horse posted:

I am similarly confused about the first panel. What is that? It looks like a black acorn, and then suddenly we cut to Emler.
It continues from the last panel of the previous page. The scientist guy (I forgot his name) trapped in a net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Vogon Poet posted:

It continues from the last panel of the previous page. The scientist guy (I forgot his name) trapped in a net.

Wait. He's in the net, so why is he in the fifth panel of this page? Is it a flashback or did lazerbot make a mistake?

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Wait. He's in the net, so why is he in the fifth panel of this page? Is it a flashback or did lazerbot make a mistake?

Flashback. In the previous page, Emler ate a piece of Eggman's brain to experience his memories. The first panel of the new page is the end of the flashback.

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008
While "nice like sweet feet" is an astounding saying I still can't get over Kitty's entire reason for being here. From what we can tell everyone else here was wronged by the trolls in some way but she's here just because she thought it'd be nice to be a part of the Defenders. That is just too perfect to me.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Yes! I'm so excited! Lazerbot is set to impress once again. I love how over it Batman is.

Also this made me chuckle:

Is this taken
Mar 30, 2011

thats so fucking cool
While the "Dick Tree of Legend" is funny on its own, can we get some context?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Is this taken posted:

While the "Dick Tree of Legend" is funny on its own, can we get some context?

Probably from the Curious George image that was posted a while back.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
I never noticed that Lazerbot shaded the inside of the hood of the hoodie a different shade of black. Really subtle and really impressive.

Also, Tails is even more :smug: than Coyote in the sweet feet panel.

athena
Feb 9, 2009
Holy poo poo, I love that Hello Kitties only reason of joining the defenders is that she thought it would be a fun. Lazorbot, you made the wait worthwhile.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Goatse Master posted:

Also, Tails is even more :smug: than Coyote in the sweet feet panel.

Tails is slowly getting more smug as the training goes on. When he's finished he will be more powerful that Coyote could ever hope to be.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
No one has commented on glorious panel eight ?
Some great suspense in there.

produce
Apr 1, 2008

skipThings posted:

No one has commented on glorious panel eight ?
Some great suspense in there.
It's an establishing shot; not for suspense, but to set the scene.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
The strings can be WEAPONIZED?

Oh my god, the neutrals are going to wreck some poo poo and I cannot wait.

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
Panel 21 (the last one) is my favorite loving panel so far.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So garry is the neutral "leaders" younger brother and works for the trolls??

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is that suppose to be Gary Oak the rival from Pokemon?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Is....is someone blowing Wile under that desk?

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
I love how everyone gets a backstory.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

E the Shaggy posted:

Is....is someone blowing Wile under that desk?

The corpse of Petunia Pig.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
mean
while

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

So garry is the neutral "leaders" younger brother and works for the trolls??

Garry the mask dude was with the trolls earlier IIRC, but i have no idea of what is the Neutral Leader's agenda. Maybe he's hiding his powers from the trolls to avoid being used by them? Lazerbot has a real talent to flesh out these guys.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even though he has Neutral powers, that guy is technically a satanist, not a member of the Neutrals proper. He's also got his own agenda.

I know it's easy to get lost in this complex saga of a comic!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
i told you to shut the gently caress up!!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Right right 3-eye guy is the satanist, I got him confused with the guy who gave the neutrals their powers. Hmmm a satanist with neutral powers, and a brother in the trolls. poo poo is deep.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Rirse posted:

Is that suppose to be Gary Oak the rival from Pokemon?

no, it's obviously the guy that made Garry's Mod.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

Jackie D posted:

no, it's obviously the guy that made Garry's Mod.

That was my thought, but with the ridiculous armor it must be from something else...

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Unless lazerbot is going to pull another one of his surprisingly aware genre subversions, I'm totally flagging three-eyes as the villain behind the villain. I kinda hope he leads onto that and makes his move on the troll king only to get a

'ha ha
i new all
about yuor plans
for awhle now
you
fool'

and he gets his head ripped off in a comically gratuitous fashion. Anyway, hurray for more TGT.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that flashback was fantastic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Looks like Garry's armor is recolored Saiyan armor from DBZ.

Stele007
Aug 12, 2007

Die Laughing posted:

Looks like Garry's armor is recolored Saiyan armor from DBZ.

The shoulder pads look too different... I think it's directly from something and not an "original creation" but maybe I'm wrong.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Heh, Garry. Gary the troll monster face.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

'Sweet like nice feet' and then he starts the next page with a foot close-up? Lazerbot is getting all Tarantino on us.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

ahhhhhh my face :psypop:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Just for those who have trouble keeping track, Garry first showed up in Chapter 3 to bail Alex the Emo Troll out after Shadow was about to kill him. He then got his face burned by Emerl using Luigi's fire powers and hasn't really done much since aside from making remarks from the background. He hasn't been named until now.

Three eyes dude was at the initiation of the Neutrals and got his powers along with them, where his third eye opened and then, as posted above, he killed the Neutral leader.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

This comic is getting almost as complicated to read as Homestuck.

Edit:

Oh my god.

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 7, 2012

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm noticing a running theme involving brothers in this comic and their relationships. Mario and Third Eye both seem to extremely abusive and manipulative, with it only getting worse as the comic goes on. Mario did his abuse on accident, and did indeed seem to love his brother, while Third Eye seems not to give a single gently caress about Gary and sees him as just a tool.

Undead Unicorn fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 7, 2012

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Undead Unicorn posted:

I'm noticing a running theme involving brothers in this comic and their relationships. Mario and Third Eye both seem to extremely abusive and manipulative, with it only getting worse as the comic goes on. Mario did his abuse on accident, and did indeed seem to love his brother, while Third Eye seems not to give a single gently caress about Gary and sees him as just a tool.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm just doing my best to help promote some more serious conversation and discussion about this comic we all love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Flavors
Sep 13, 2011

what a talentless looking goon

Undead Unicorn posted:

Mario and Luigi were acting though, that fight was set up.