Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shorter Than Some posted:

RPS interview is up. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/02/total-war-rome-2-interview/

I haven't read it all yet but there's some interesting bits, a legion can gain traits independently of its generals, I just hope you don't get to directly choose them.
Love that expression the young politician as the old senator wants him to kiss the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 7, 2006

by Cyrano4747

SeanBeansShako posted:

When'd they fire his rear end?
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=455136

Looks like SEGA realized that they needed a guy who will say anything for money elsewhere in the company.

Also, he apparently released a sex tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVO3fC20cMU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American Folk Hero posted:

The Alexandrian successors in-game (and Hellenized factions like Thrace and Pontus) have greater differences between them than the FOUR goddamn identical Roman factions, so I really don't buy that excuse at all.

Don't forget the "barbarian" factions, whose difference was pant color and one or two special units. Not to forget how "varied and diverse" the barbarian factions were in Barbarian Invasion.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

They seriously are never going to add any mod-ability back in. the dlc genie ain't ever going back in that bottle (at least it's been decent). And even the "moddable" games had tons of hardcoded limits to tons of things like province and faction amounts

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

RentACop posted:

They seriously are never going to add any mod-ability back in. the dlc genie ain't ever going back in that bottle (at least it's been decent). And even the "moddable" games had tons of hardcoded limits to tons of things like province and faction amounts

Depends, I'd love to see the sales figuires for the DLC, from Empire to Shogun 2. I bet that most of the sales of the DLC will always be when everything is on a STEAM sale.

They've taken a lot of flak over some recent issues, quietly dropping DLC and just including the content on release is the best idea if modding isn't going to happen.

Also gently caress yes, CA please include the Barbarian Invasion Barbarians and not the boring as hell bland Celts from RTW.

Think they got the balls this time to actually have naked celt warriors? just make them stomach churningly hair and cover them with enough woad and nobody will make that much a fuss.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

So I'm about to go through with a FOTS co-op campaign. Figured I'd try something different and focus on a navy. If my ally gets into a fight with the AI while my ships are close by, do I get to blow poo poo up as though it was my own battle?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

Think they got the balls this time to actually have naked celt warriors? just make them stomach churningly hair and cover them with enough woad and nobody will make that much a fuss.
It's not a matter of having balls but of wanting their game to sell as full frontal nudity is a good way of getting an AO, 18+ or equivalent rating and outright getting banned in a lot of places.

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans

Vargs posted:

So I'm about to go through with a FOTS co-op campaign. Figured I'd try something different and focus on a navy. If my ally gets into a fight with the AI while my ships are close by, do I get to blow poo poo up as though it was my own battle?

Your ships come in as reinforcements, yes.

V In that case, no.

NightConqueror fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 4, 2012

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

NightConqueror posted:

Your ships come in as reinforcements, yes.

Even if they're in a land battle? I should have specified that.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

If not them then the guys who made EB will have the balls to do that.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I was thinking strategically placed matted and muddy ink and dye stained skin and hair would negate any complaints of seeing a penis in a game with war in the title based around mass legalised killing you know?

Unless they got a problem about butts.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
Pharoahs throwing flaming butts from dog-drawn chariots would make an excellent peak to the series.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

RentACop posted:

I don't see the problem with combining DLC and moddability since mods don't mix with vanilla multiplayer and a large appeal of DLC units is using them online. I just hope the SEGA execs realise that (pfffft, as if).

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

Pharoahs throwing flaming butts from dog-drawn chariots would make an excellent peak to the series.

I would seriously use nothing but these bad boys in multiplayer, even if they were utter poo poo, just for the tears of rage they'd cause.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

I was thinking strategically placed matted and muddy ink and dye stained skin and hair would negate any complaints of seeing a penis in a game with war in the title based around mass legalised killing you know?

Unless they got a problem about butts.

I honestly don't think anyone would mind tiny men with dicks unless it would push their age rating over 16+.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

NoneSuch posted:

I honestly don't think anyone would mind tiny men with dicks unless it would push their age rating over 16+.
Yes but with the brand new over-the-shoulder camera you can see the dicks charging right toward you. Truly immersive gameplay.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NoneSuch posted:

EB's naked celts were anything but tiny :black101:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel really badly for the CA employee who got roped into doing the Q/A on the twcenter.net forums.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

NihilCredo posted:

We should send a complimentary Heathrow-Arlanda air ticket to the CA guys so they can borrow Paradox's diplomatic AI. Say what you will about EU3 countries' eagerness to grab random patches of northern Norway, at least if a country has been your ally for 300 years there are better than even chances they'll stay your ally for the next 100.

This is really annoying in Medieval 2 between nations of the same religion, but I think Rome is different because of how temporary peace was. You can't play Rome and have someone break an alliance with you and feel like it is unrealistic.

Hostile Rabbi
Jun 25, 2005

by Ralp

Profanity posted:

Yes but with the brand new over-the-shoulder camera you can see the dicks charging right toward you. Truly immersive gameplay.

There better be jiggle physics for my immersion. :flaccid:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mans posted:

EB's naked celts were anything but tiny :black101:

The Gaesatae don't need none of your "clothing" bullshit. They let it swing proudly, while screaming bloody murder and throwing themselves on your stupid Roman swords.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gonkish posted:

The Gaesatae don't need none of your "clothing" bullshit. They let it swing proudly, while screaming bloody murder and throwing themselves on your stupid Roman swords.
Cloths just get in the way of the skull loving.

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM

Dotcom656 posted:

Does anyone have any good mod recommendations for Empire: Total War? It's the one game in the series I haven't played a whole bunch but I've heard that by default it's sorta.. Meh. I would just play Napoleon, but I want the larger scale of Empire.

Quoting this since I didn't get a response. Right now I'm leaning towards Darth mod. but I don't know if I need the ultimate commander version or what. I'm hoping someone with a bit of experience with the Empire mods can point me in the right direction to make the game good.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I recently reinstalled Empire and {reluctantly) installed Darthmod after seeing the buttload of mod awards it's apparently won. As expected, the launch screen has some retarded darth vader poo poo plastered all over it. The main screen of Empire also now has the "imperial march" playing as well.

Aside from that though, the star wars junk doesn't seem to have penetrated the actual game, and from a couple hours playing it, the mod seems well made. AI seems better, unit sizes are enormous, battles seem fun.

So, there ya go.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I went with Shogun 2. I really liked to use spearwalls in Rome, seems to work right now at least, I make a big line of spearmen, then I flank them with fast spear samurias and horses. Starting with fire arrows is really nice.

Should I be disbanding my army to get more money, or is that just Crusader Kings 2 talking?

Also, I got a tradepost, but no one wants to trade with me. I tried removing my tradeships first, but no game. Anything I can do to make them like me more?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I hate the AI in these games sometimes. I had a good ally, we were best buddies and I married a daughter, killed off his enemy and I decide he wouldn't be like the others. He had peaceful in his profile so that means he wouldn't attack my crappy undefended castle at the edge of his border for no reason right? :(

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sistergodiva posted:

I went with Shogun 2. I really liked to use spearwalls in Rome, seems to work right now at least, I make a big line of spearmen, then I flank them with fast spear samurias and horses. Starting with fire arrows is really nice.

Should I be disbanding my army to get more money, or is that just Crusader Kings 2 talking?

Also, I got a tradepost, but no one wants to trade with me. I tried removing my tradeships first, but no game. Anything I can do to make them like me more?

If they haven't go any armour upgrades of veteran chevrons, you can feel free to disband them if your confident your forces can hold against a ~surprise war~ from the dumb roomie-esqe AI (YOU TOUCHED MY BORDERS BRO!) and to get another clan to like you give them an extra money you got lying about to begin with and work your way up from there.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Know what I'm looking forward to the most about Rome 2?

There will be elephant units :neckbeard:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hope they keep the direct control of the siege artillery, so I can one shot Carthaginian Generals across the map with my Trebuchets like I did in Rome too.

DrVomact
Dec 29, 2008

Vargs posted:

Bring on the screeching women

lol I had completely forgotten that this was an actual unit!

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Sistergodiva posted:

Short of giving them loads of money, not much. I think Darthmod has a thing that basically forces the AI to accept trade agreements but I'm not 100% sure about that, and it might be a stand-alone mod too.

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This just made my day. So glad to hear this, been waiting so long :)

I can't wait to see the era this is set in and what types of intrigue you can get up to. Can I be Hamilcar leaving Sicily and take the boys to Spain, laughing at Carthage when they forget to pay their mercenaries as I lounge poolside in newly founded Barca-popalis - Home of the Anti-roman elephant whisperer?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Sistergodiva posted:

Try and sweeten the deal with some cash if you expect it to be a long trade relationship. A good and stable trade agreement will bring in tons of money, more than enough to cover the initial investment.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Someone told me that they can't wait to play the Trojans in Rome 2 :cripes:

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

achillesforever6 posted:

Proto-Romans ain't out the window yet, my friend.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

achillesforever6 posted:

Well, if you believe Virgil he might be right. :v:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

The Trojan War sounds like a decent idea for a DLC, actually. Go crazy with poetic aoidic license and make it all about tiny hero units, the diametric opposite from the main game's broader legion-level scope.

Chumpion
Jul 27, 2006

No means NO!
I just got a chubby thinking of dlc ideas actually, total war games have hardly had the best history with dlc but I really feel with shogun they hit their momentum of making individual campaigns that didn't just feel like skirmish campaigns ala mtw2 kingdoms or the empire/napoleon ones but instead kept foundations of the core game whilst building genuinely unique settings and mechanics. So many possibilities of the ancient world where this could be applied successfully.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Chumpion posted:

I just got a chubby thinking of dlc ideas actually, total war games have hardly had the best history with dlc but I really feel with shogun they hit their momentum of making individual campaigns that didn't just feel like skirmish campaigns ala mtw2 kingdoms or the empire/napoleon ones but instead kept foundations of the core game whilst building genuinely unique settings and mechanics. So many possibilities of the ancient world where this could be applied successfully.

Yeah, it does feel like the guys at CA sat down together with King Arthur and said 'we need some of this story stuff'.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NihilCredo posted:

The Trojan War sounds like a decent idea for a DLC, actually. Go crazy with poetic aoidic license and make it all about tiny hero units, the diametric opposite from the main game's broader legion-level scope.

The Trojan War mod for RTW was extremely well done, would gladly pay 10 bucks for a professional version of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I see that there.
Aug 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

NihilCredo posted:

Age of Mythology?