Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The Lone Badger posted:

I stabbed those out before he enraged. There doesn't seem to be anywhere at all that isn't zombified.

There's no way to reset the ur-dragon is there?

Check his back and his hands, theres a point above his hips and one between his wings that are kind of hard to tell if they've been busted. His hands are the other less obvious ones, and the tip of his tail. There's a bunch on his neck that dont look much different when zombified and also I guess the two each on his wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Did you get both of his hands, his wings, and the tip of his tail?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
There are 3 points on each leg, 2 on each side of the chest, 2 on neck, 2 on head, 3 on top of his mid-section, 2 on his lower back and 3 on the tail. Also of course 1 on each wing.

Do note that his front paws have hearts as well.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

jerichojx posted:

Also of course 1 on each wing.

2 on each wing.
I definitely got his hands, but I'll be taking a close look at his hips and knees when I get up. Thank you everyone.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
In an attempt to min/max my assassin I restarted my first character and ran straight to Gran Soren. My plan was to backtrack and grab the quests I did on the previous character to build pawn knowledge, yet most (if not all) rookie quests seem to have disappeared in the Encampment and Cassardis areas. I'm not shocked, because I've heard that the game blocks some stuff if you progress too far, but I'm only level 13 and I am disappointed that the Quina questline seems blocked.

So, is there a way to progress the Quina questline without having gotten the actual quest from Adaro or whatever beforehand? I grabbed her note and I hear my pawns chattering about her. I'd really like to start it again.

If Adaro's a big deal in this chain, he's dead. Pulverized by a cyclops.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nope, if you complete Matter of Myrmidons by going to the pawn guild then Lost and Found fails and you are locked out of the Quina and Selene quests forever.

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.

Sindai posted:

Nope, if you complete Matter of Myrmidons by going to the pawn guild then Lost and Found fails and you are locked out of the Quina and Selene quests forever.

Until NG+ anyway, right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, until you start a new game or NG+.

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

2 on each wing.
I definitely got his hands, but I'll be taking a close look at his hips and knees when I get up. Thank you everyone.

If you still can't find it, do a temp switch to Magic Archer and Seeker/Hunter bolt will lock on to whatever is left.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

2 on each wing.

I assure you good goon, Dragons do not have hands. :colbert:

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012
Did I just finish the game? I'm stuck sitting on a chair teleporting places as a ghost. This game already faked me out with one terrible ending, but now I'm at a more terrible ending that is not an ending. Am I doing something wrong or does this game just have no conclusion?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

p.crestmont posted:

Did I just finish the game? I'm stuck sitting on a chair teleporting places as a ghost. This game already faked me out with one terrible ending, but now I'm at a more terrible ending that is not an ending. Am I doing something wrong or does this game just have no conclusion?
kill yourself

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

How?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Look in your tools inventory, there should be a thing especially for it.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Use the newest pointy object you just got from the earlier battle.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Look in your tools inventory, there should be a thing especially for it.

Ah Ok thanks guys!

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE

I adore that this is a proper Protip.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My pawn came back wearing a dress and the first thing he says is "I've learned of beasts!"

I'm sure you did, buddy. :j:

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

Ed Mungo posted:

My pawn came back wearing a dress and the first thing he says is "I've learned of beasts!"

Stuff like this is why I love the DD pawn system.

I've been inactive a few days due to RL stuff but am hoping to play in about 12 hours after I've slept so anyone wanna drop pawns in here if you're on 360, carry on, leave your GT, I'll get to it.

Mine's IllGarrett, Ser Gabriel is a beast, enjoy him. If you're lower level dont worry, add me as a friend so you can hire him free and I'll trick out your pawn while I'm at it.

Still 40 hours or so in and not nearly done with the game, good lord.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ed Mungo posted:

Just once I want them to come back and say "I've seen things, things that no pawn should have seen".

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The AI in this game can be pretty loving appalling sometimes. I'm only using my main pawn this time and was going through the Watergod's Altar. The phantoms in the underground level were being a pain, and every time one started to leech me my mage pawn did absolutely fuckall to help. I'd mash Help and he would just run away from me repeatedly, and when he finally got around to doing something twice he just gave me an ice enchant instead of simply shooting the thing off my head which would have taken all of half a second. He was set to Scather/Utilitarian, either of which should logically have made him attack the thing. Eventually when I went to go deal with a skeleton he somehow got pulled underground by a phantom and instakilled, which also prevented me from reviving him, so I had to run all the way back to the encampment to resummon him and keep going.

On my third run I occasionally would leave the last enemy in a group to see what my pawn would do. One time a single archer was left, and my strider pawn walked up to him, walked past him, then stopped about 15 feet away and used a whistling dart (which doesn't damage, just stuns) when there was just the one helpless dude left. Later in the postgame Everfall I was holding down direwolves for him to kill, and he repeatedly tried to Ensnare the already incapacitated enemies, then ran away again and slowly shot two splinter darts at them (both of which hit the ceiling and blew up since they arc and the area is indoors). In all of these cases it would just be so simple for the pawn to run up and do a couple of basic attacks, and their AI was set to go after these enemy types first, but they do nothing of the sort.

On my current run my pawn was a fighter for a while, and I was put to sleep by snow harpies so I got a good look at his actions. He stood in one spot while four harpies flew in the air above him and spammed shield strike at nothing in particular, until he ran out of stamina and had to stop. He then did this a second time. Additionally, on this trip anytime he wasn't in a fight he would repeatedly run away from me and stand in front of Hillfigure Knoll for some reason. He went so far away from me to do this that I couldn't even see him anymore.

I'm just baffled by the AI in this game in general, because on my first two runs I didn't notice anything wrong with it and was actually extremely impressed with it in multiple instances. I've used the same AI settings for the same vocations across all my runs, so I have no idea what's up. It's as if worse AI was patched in at some point, or maybe I was just so overleveled on my first two runs that I was too busy steamrolling everything to notice that my pawns weren't doing much. But every time I got a good look at them they were being pretty effective, until my third and current fourth playthroughs. It certainly makes me interested in Autonomy but I have no idea how I'll deal with the bollocks 100% resistance enemies without playing Mystic Knight for the third time. Dragon's Dogma somehow has both the best and nearly worst AI I've seen in any game.

Alright I'm done ranting.

PITCH A PIG

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Gestalt Intellect, please don't take this the wrong way, but pawns learn quite a lot by the actions of their master. If you loot in the midst of combat, they'll form the same habit. They watch your targeting priorities, and attempt to mimic them.

Is there something that you are doing that's warping their behavior?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I agree with Gestalt.

I am on my third New Game Plus and it seems my pawn is now become an idiot.

She gives me Ice when fighting bandits and zombies. Refuses to heal when her main inclination is Medicant. Gives me Holy when I am fighting the Drake at Devilfire Grove.

It's really annoying when you can one shot at zombie. But because of that excitable hamster of a main pawn, I have to take 3 swings.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
The only thing my pawns ever did that actually makes me angry enough to scream at the TV is drawing aggro near me while I'm casting a spell. I send them out to battle a Gorechimera in Everfall or something, start casting, and then they all just abandon the battle for no reason twenty seconds in, loving run back up to me, and just stand there until, of course, the GC follows and mauls me out of my loving casting warm up with a second to go.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Mine just have a tendancy to fall to their deaths when traversing narrow walk ways. In all honesty though sometimes that's my own fault cause I will shove them out of my way frequently. Perhaps one shoved the other off in a jealous rage.

In all honesty, I tend to select Pawns based on their set skills and will go with ones that I know the AI can't gently caress up. Like picking a mage or sorc with two affinity skills is just asking for trouble.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What's the easiest way to cheese this game from the start? The difficulty/menus in this game annoy me and I'd love to be a bit cheap and roll through the game without risking dying much. Is that possible?

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
haha! Absolutely. I started only picking mages with one affinity and it made my life waaay easier.

edit: ^^^^ There's not a *great* way to cheese the game. Depending on your level of cheese, add goonfriends and hire their big beefy 100+ pawns. You still gotta keep yourself notdead though.

Otherwise? Switch pawns often, tailor them to your current quest. A level 7 character will get destroyed by the saurians in the well, unless you're packing a mage with ice affinity.

The game's difficulty can be pretty easily averted by being strategic, or by sheer brute force.

likecnsnnts fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 7, 2012

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Kilometers Davis posted:

What's the easiest way to cheese this game from the start? The difficulty/menus in this game annoy me and I'd love to be a bit cheap and roll through the game without risking dying much. Is that possible?

Starting as a strider and switching to an assassin will make you ungodly strong in no time at all. Just get your vocation up with assassin and you will be shredding mobs like no ones business. If you prefer range ranger is ridiculous with tenfold arrow and endecand arrow, also great gamble can one shot mobs if you hit a weakspot.

Oh and as soon as you get some rift crystals hire a pawn that is 50+ levels higher then you really helps. Sorcerors are the best as they can pretty much level entire cities with High Bolide.

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

Starting out as Fighter and then going Warrior > Assassin I ended up with so much HP and defence that taking a full on hit from big stuff would just tickle me. The only thing that could kill me what falling. Some augments off the top of my head that help are the greatly reduced physical damage from Warrior (it's available right at rank 0/1, whatever the lowest is) and the reduced stamina usage on physical moves, again from warrior (I think this one is right at the end). Fighter has a +health augment at some point (it isn't that much though) as well as a +equip load one. The downside to doing it this way is that until you get to Assassin you don't have any ranged attacks so you will have to rely on your pawns. Once you get to Assassin though you'll be able to handle anything. It can be sketchy at the start but it will be for any class.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I was just reading an inteview with the director, as usual for Japanese interviews it wasn't very interesting and didn't address any important issues, but it did say that the pawn system was thought of from the start as a way to get even people bad at action games to play, by spending rift bucks and hiring more powerful pawns. Is anyone actually doing that though?

Also at the very end he said that more content is coming later so feel free to take a break now but keep the game around. I wonder if he meant actual valuable content or just more DLC like now?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you hire really high level pawns you shouldn't have any problems with the game. I'm no good at really difficult games, but this one I haven't died all too much since I have a couple of high level goon pawns.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I've hired Morrigan, a goon's pawn that was about 15 levels ahead of me. I figured she'd be good for a laugh and teaching my pawns some poo poo. She's been super-helpful, quest wise.

Still got my rear end whooped trying to fight the Drake in the forest at level 25.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Think I asked this before but no one answered - is the multiplayer, such as it is, for this winding down already? Or is it even possible to tell, given the way the multiplayer works?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

Think I asked this before but no one answered - is the multiplayer, such as it is, for this winding down already? Or is it even possible to tell, given the way the multiplayer works?
I don't know how you would be able to tell, unless you picked a bunch of specific pawns and watched to see if they were still going up in level or not.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Its safe to hold off on it. The 'Multiplayer' is really just a list of other players, their level, and their pawn stats. So whenever someone stops playing, their pawn just sits in limbo at a certain level. The multiplayer can't really go away, just age.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Verr posted:

I've hired Morrigan, a goon's pawn that was about 15 levels ahead of me. I figured she'd be good for a laugh and teaching my pawns some poo poo. She's been super-helpful, quest wise.

Still got my rear end whooped trying to fight the Drake in the forest at level 25.
Was she a redhead with a Magicians Surcoat? In that case, thanks for hiring her. Just remember that she doesn't believe in the word "overkill" and will happily throw a few vortex into a band of hapless brigands. :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Huszsersvn posted:

Gestalt Intellect, please don't take this the wrong way, but pawns learn quite a lot by the actions of their master. If you loot in the midst of combat, they'll form the same habit. They watch your targeting priorities, and attempt to mimic them.

Is there something that you are doing that's warping their behavior?

It's definitely possible and would explain the odd change in behavior following my first two runs, since I obviously play slightly differently now, but the issue is that I rarely play the same vocations as my pawns, so the behavior shouldn't logically be rubbing off on them in terms of combat skills.

For instance, in the Watergod's Altar my pawn had ice and holy enchantments equipped and often gave me the wrong one against the saurians or skeletons/phantoms. But he had maximum knowledge of nearly all enemies in the game (he came back after having been hired in the postgame from my last playthrough so he started with max knowledge of everything), so he should know their weakness. But I had never played mage, sorcerer, or mystic knight on this run so he couldn't have been learning the wrong buff from me. I don't usually screw with enemies aside from throwing them off cliffs, I just kill them as quickly as possible, so I don't think I've been influencing him with inefficient behavior. I did go on to fight the two cyclopses in the large clearing on the southwestern part of the map and he performed quite well there, stunlocking them with the lightning whip, so maybe it just has to do with the type of enemy?

I do pick up items in the middle of fights and it has switched my pawns' inclination to Acquisitor once or twice, but I've never actually had a problem with them picking up items in the middle of combat and two of the best sorcerers I ever hired had Acquisitor as a primary inclination, so that's not an issue. It's cool that the AI learns from you but I don't see how exactly I could be influencing my pawns to be worse when I've personally had to perform much better to get by without as many support pawns.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 7, 2012

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Verr posted:

In my experience your pawns won't do too much until you make a move. So if you are hiding behind a rock and spamming GO they will sorta mimic your cowardice. For drakes the best thing that can happen is if one of them gets grabbed them you can go to town on it's chest.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gestalt Intellect posted:

On my current run my pawn was a fighter for a while, and I was put to sleep by snow harpies so I got a good look at his actions. He stood in one spot while four harpies flew in the air above him and spammed shield strike at nothing in particular, until he ran out of stamina and had to stop.

I was taking a nap on the ground in a very similar situation and caught my fighter pawn doing this. He's usually a beast and takes poo poo down before I even have a chance to hit it, so I thought this was really weird. I also made him a mage for a short time and was running around just the two of us, and some phantoms tore my poo poo up because he wouldn't knock them off my head. :iiam:

edit vv:
That was even with me spamming Help! He healed me and enchanted my weapon, but wouldn't swing his stick and knock it off my face.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Ed Mungo posted:

I was taking a nap on the ground in a very similar situation and caught my fighter pawn doing this. He's usually a beast and takes poo poo down before I even have a chance to hit it, so I thought this was really weird. I also made him a mage for a short time and was running around just the two of us, and some phantoms tore my poo poo up because he wouldn't knock them off my head. :iiam:

Best I can tell, pawns won't attack phantoms which are possessing you unless you use the "Help!" command. At least, I have never had them just decide to help out of the blue.

• Locked thread