Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I once went to a wine festival in LA and ended up getting a hangover without getting drunk.

I'm pretty sure this is more likely heat/sun stroke and dehydration and not hangover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Charmmi posted:

So many tasty chinese carbohydrates! :kimchi:

Food boner around 21:30. Omigod I am so going to Xi'an to eat about a thousand of those meat buns.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

GrAviTy84 posted:

I'm pretty sure this is more likely heat/sun stroke and dehydration and not hangover.

If you start feeling tired early on drink a pint or 2 of water then get back onto the wine/beer/whatever. The last beer festival I went to I started crashing around 4pm after like 5 pints

Edit: I may also be an alcoholic. Thats a thing here it seems?

Jose fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 7, 2012

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Hey, what happened to the Emerald City Casu challenge thread? That was amazing. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pnumoman posted:

Allergies are so funny. I was one of those kids that had a full checkerboard on their back at the allergy test, but now the only thing I still avoid is fluke and flounder.

Just be careful in case you get respiratory problems, HH. Those can get serious quickly; I should know, given that flounder sent me to the ER 3 times.

keep on eatin it, you'll get over the allergy sooner or later!

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

therattle posted:

Hey, what happened to the Emerald City Casu challenge thread? That was amazing. What a loving rear end in a top hat.

Comedy goldmine.

You gotta be as out-of-touch with reality as Mitt "10k bet on TV" Romney to think $250 is affordable by pretty much anyone

e: what is with these bitter goddamn tortillas I'm eating :catstare:

An observer fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 8, 2012

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

GrAviTy84 posted:

Apparently there are tannins in stems but not in wood barrels :psyduck:

hint: there are tannins in whisk(e)y, it is what gives it it's color (although lesser whiskies get their color from E150a)

Well I feel sheepish.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

My bookmarks list is so slow and boring now without EmeraldCity. We need more goon dramas.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

My bookmarks list is so slow and boring now without EmeraldCity. We need more goon dramas.
I'm too good and earn too much to indulge your pathetic desire for drama, you flyover-state povvo.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Apparently there are two things money can't buy:

1. Love
2. Pork Belly. At least not in Seattle anyway.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

GrAviTy84 posted:

Okay. You're the real father of my child.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

@grav
Try venturing out of goons with spoons you loving shut in (i went to burma superstar and got that lamb, good choice)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I missed out on all of the EmeraldCity drama. What was this about trying to cheat kids out of a competition?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Dirty bourgeois rats trying to buy votes and stomp kids who have diseases, that's what.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I was very close to upping the ante to $1000.

Would still probably consider doing so.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Dirty bourgeois rats trying to buy votes and stomp kids who have diseases, that's what.

Link?

Edit: nevermind, found the competition thread

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 8, 2012

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

GrAviTy84 posted:

I could carve "GOONS WITH SPOONS" into my arm with a bread knife

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I thought I made a post but apparently I didn't.

Anyway, I went allrecipes.com on an allrecipes.com recipe yesterday. I made fresh peach ice cream, but wanted to serve it to my kids, so I omitted the raw egg. I also increased the amount of peach puree, and took the extra step of sending it through a chinois. I also added fresh lemon and a little more sugar than the recipe called for. The end result was probably somewhere around 7 or 8 percent butterfat, so lower than ice cream but more than sherbet. It does have a very sherbet like mouth feel and flavor though.

I give the recipe 4 stars, would make again.

I'm glad you posted this. I made some peach ice cream for the 4th from the Baldwin sous vide book. I think it tasted a little too milky, but all of the recipes there follow the 'make and cook creme anglaise, add milk powder' and that may not yield as good results with fruit. I'll probably mess with the eggs in my ice cream / custards in the future.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Psalmanazar posted:

I could carve "GOONS WITH SPOONS" into my arm with a bread knife

Anybody can do it with a bread knife. It takes real skill to do it with a melon baller.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Wow I'm so sad that I missed EC's dramabomb. Spoon Goons = Best Goons. Now we wait for the next callout to wash up and provide succulent internet dramas.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Anybody can do it with a bread knife. It takes real skill to do it with a melon baller.

Why a melon baller?
                              /

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
Late to the Emerald City Party, but I'd just like to nominate H^H for the discreet putdown of the year.

Happy Hat posted:

Congratulations on your professional succes, I am happy for you, and it is good to see that you're doing well. I am assuming that you're in HR.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
A co-worker just bestowed this upon me:

http://store.pitbossbelt.com/

I bring in leftovers of anything I BBQ — looks like it came back around!

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

"Chow Chap" sounds so much worse than it really is.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I don't know if I think that's awesome or awful.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

It's awful. I can't imagine anyone wearing it who wouldn't call everyone "bro".

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
What catapults it from pretty tacky to flat out awful is the the combo of "Made in the USA" for the belt buckle and the "Just like bartenders use!" bit on the completely and utterly unnecessary speed opener.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I convinced a bartender to give me a shiny Budweiser sped opener once, and I love the thing. I don't know why stores only sell little church keys, when those big speed openers are clearly the superior option.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I convinced a bartender to give me a shiny Budweiser sped opener once, and I love the thing. I don't know why stores only sell little church keys, when those big speed openers are clearly the superior option.

Probably because you alcoholics would abuse the privilege.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

PXJ800 posted:

A co-worker just bestowed this upon me:

http://store.pitbossbelt.com/

I bring in leftovers of anything I BBQ — looks like it came back around!

It's like a loving Utilikilt

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Y'all are a bunch of godless commies for hating on that.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
I think I might actually get some use out of it. Some stuff is useless - a lighter holder? You light the grill once and put it away. However it's pretty heavy-duty and feels like something you'd get at a hardware store, not Wal-Mart. I have a WSM so my tools are usually scattered about on the nearest flat surface, and having 3 beers on my person and both hands free is worth the price of admission right there. I've been meaning to work "bro" more into my vocabulary, anyway.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I sautéed butternut squash slices in butter with red peppers, garlic, thyme and tomato and tossed it with orecchiette and parmigiano and its da bomb. Just sayin'

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I would insist on wearing those without pants..

Also - wearing kilt rocks

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

I sautéed butternut squash slices in butter with red peppers, garlic, thyme and tomato and tossed it with orecchiette and parmigiano and its da bomb. Just sayin'
Yes yes, but were you wearing a fancy rig while doing it? If not, it isn't manly. Bro.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I was naked waist down, so yes. (Apparently Cee is cheered up after four days of minding the kid alone by watching me cook late-night supper with a bared arse, bless her child heart.)

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
I'd just like to go on record saying: gently caress YOU, YOU JUNKIE FUCKSTICKS DICKBISCUIT COCKPLOW NO-BRAINED SHITEATING CUNTS.

We (my sister, my cousin and I) have spent pretty much all of our savings fixing up the summer cottage we inherited from our grandparents. Nothing super fancy, but I wanted to upgrade the kitchen so we would have more than two electric coils and a toaster oven to cook on - so I went with a counter-mounted induction rig and a decent oven, a nice porcelain sink, a fairly pricy countertop etc. We also renovated the bathroom.

Some worthless excuse for a human being broke in (smashing the new door and a window) and used a skilsaw to cut out the induction burners and the oven. Not happy with just stealing, they decided to smash up the sinks in both kitchen and bathrooms and broke the cistern for the toilet - so in addition to the damage to door and window, there's now water damage all over. Early estimates for repairs & replacements are in the $12-15k range, what with parts and labour for window, door, plumbing, new floors, new drywall, stove etc.

We have insurance, but my cousin called them today and they said they were experiencing longer than usual processing of claims, so we shouldn't expect to see any money before october. That's the vacations of three families out the loving window, as none of us have the means to finance the repairs and replacements.

rear end. Holes.

Someone do something idiotic to cheer me up, please.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Hat posted:

I would insist on wearing those without pants..

Also - wearing kilt rocks

Now take a picture of your kilt, true scot style :allears:

Also. gently caress today. I got into a minor accident. My first one ever in my 6-7 years of driving. I was late to work, and my mom's car needs some body work now :v:. But otherwise everything's ok. Other lady was fine, her car just has a small crack on the bumper, and my mom's car is still drivable, it's just not highway safe til the hood can latch back in place.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Dane posted:

I'd just like to go on record saying: gently caress YOU, YOU JUNKIE FUCKSTICKS DICKBISCUIT COCKPLOW NO-BRAINED SHITEATING CUNTS.

We (my sister, my cousin and I) have spent pretty much all of our savings fixing up the summer cottage we inherited from our grandparents. Nothing super fancy, but I wanted to upgrade the kitchen so we would have more than two electric coils and a toaster oven to cook on - so I went with a counter-mounted induction rig and a decent oven, a nice porcelain sink, a fairly pricy countertop etc. We also renovated the bathroom.

Some worthless excuse for a human being broke in (smashing the new door and a window) and used a skilsaw to cut out the induction burners and the oven. Not happy with just stealing, they decided to smash up the sinks in both kitchen and bathrooms and broke the cistern for the toilet - so in addition to the damage to door and window, there's now water damage all over. Early estimates for repairs & replacements are in the $12-15k range, what with parts and labour for window, door, plumbing, new floors, new drywall, stove etc.

We have insurance, but my cousin called them today and they said they were experiencing longer than usual processing of claims, so we shouldn't expect to see any money before october. That's the vacations of three families out the loving window, as none of us have the means to finance the repairs and replacements.

rear end. Holes.

Someone do something idiotic to cheer me up, please.

Let me know if you want me to fly over there and dispense some good ol' American-style justice :jihad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Drink and Fight posted:

Let me know if you want me to fly over there and dispense some good ol' American-style justice :jihad:

poo poo, you only live half way to Oakland, the worst you could do is maybe cut the guy off in traffic and flip him the bird.