Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Vogon Poet posted:

Did anyone ever wonder how it apparently switches from the dead of night to broad daylight halfway through this scene?

That's a cave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Also drat, Lazerbot's art really has improved.

I agree, but shocked tails from the first page is still the most iconic image from the series.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Lazerbot, on asking people "What are you?":

Lazerbot posted:

well people would probably answer in some ways, im cristian and i would be like, thats not what i asked, i asked what are you? not what religion you are or whos child, it would be hard [to answer "What are you?"] if you dont know your self that well

I'm not even kidding lazerbot is the :chillpill:est most smartest guy I know.

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.
This training montage has delivered in every way possible. When the Defeneders were first introduced, I found the random combination of superheroes video games chracters, kids tv stars and food mascots to be absolutely genius, but it's even funnier now that we know Lazerbot has commited to showing each of them (except Trix Rabbit) with a brief, but awesome backstory and a training method all of their own.

I'm like a loving smack addict over this comic.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I marathoned the entire thread over a couple of weeks, and goddammit it was so worth it. The Petunia/Porky Jr double-snipe got the longest sustained laugh I've never had out of me - it seriously went on for a good five minutes, going from nervous, disbelieving laughter a giggle to a chuckle to a snicker, at which point I remembered what I was laughing at and it started all over again. TGT almost got me caught in a self-sustaining laughter loop that I was lucky to get out alive.

This whole comic and all its facets are just the entirety of the internet all compressed together into one beautiful diamond, it's amazing. It perfectly encapsulates our generation's pick-and-mix attitude towards culture: it's something that our grandparents would just stare at in disbelief and confusion while our grandchildren will see it as "just one of those things" that were going on in the 2010s. And it's a comic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer.

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N

Ruttiger posted:

It's even funnier now that we know Lazerbot has commited to showing each of them (except Trix Rabbit).

I'm convinced Lazerbot threw that line in just because he decided against doing the Trix Rabbit but had to explain his disappearance somehow. So he came up with an intentionally lame excuse to not show him.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
He uploaded this 3 times, this one might be deleted soon:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

l33t b4c0n posted:

I'm convinced Lazerbot threw that line in just because he decided against doing the Trix Rabbit but had to explain his disappearance somehow. So he came up with an intentionally lame excuse to not show him.
On the contrary, I think Hello Kitty mentioning Trix Rabbit's training as being "probably worthless" is foreshadowing him as the most important Defender. Thank you lazerbot for allowing me to write that sentence in full earnestness.

e: oh poo poo that wall of text

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 8, 2012

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

l33t b4c0n posted:

You gotta remember that Lazerbot plants plot points to use later like Johnny loving Appleseed.

We're going to learn more about the Trix Rabbit's training, then later we'll realize that it's crucial to something and Tails missing it will be a shocker in hindsight.

edit: Beaten by HorseRenoir.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

That is one massive wall of text

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

no dont
explain
more! i got
it!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Wait, wasn't calling something gay part of what started this epic? :crossarms:

That was a happier time, a more innocent time, a time before troll kings and cereal mascots in black cloaks and necromancers.

Also having a massive wall of text is not only a test of patience for Tails but for the readers as well. Lazerbot you are a genius!

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
Hahahahahaha. Kermit is the loving best. He is absolutely trolling Tails here.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn, even we the readers must learn this lesson of patience. Lazerbot is the Buñuel of copyright-infringing webcomics.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

lil baby anime posted:

That is one massive wall of text

you focus is vary low
because you dont find this interesting

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

poo poo I failed. I didn't read the whole of Kermit's text because I was unpatient.

This comic is getting loving meta.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
God drat it, Laze just went all David Foster Wallace on us.

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...
lazer bots meth ->
->od of tellin
in sted of showing
has gone to far

now that kramit
has said so man ->
->y word that
it in vades the
pannal below

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Imagine if he had posted this just before the hiatus.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I scrolled down to the wall of text and loving lost my poo poo without even reading it. Some great tails faces on this page.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
I'm imagining Kermit just pulling back some curtains and standing there silently as everyone reads his life story.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Imagining Kermit's voiceover was the only way i could pass through this wall o' text. Truly i am the one needing to be trained in patience... :negative:

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 8, 2012

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
As great as a meta wall of text is, I wish we could have seen lazerbot's depiction of the muppets going to a troll party and turning on each other.

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
LB's version of Waldorf and Statler would be hardcore.

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
Why was that page getting deleted??

ff7cid
Jun 27, 2008

Beartato! I just became aware of the vast speed at which we are hurtling through the universe! Now it's all I can think about!
:stare: Holy loving poo poo, Kermit.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I can't wait for the audio recording of Kermit's speech all done in his voice.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Summary for those who are too unpatient: The muppets went to a party run by trolls, the trolls converted them, the muppets turned out to be good at trolling, and they were told that the best challenge for a troll is to try to troll another troll. Because of this, they turned against each other.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

This is exactly like the Patience episode of Wonder Showzen.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That last panel is just a thing of beauty. I didn't even read it. I don't need to. It's wonderful.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
'have you ever been bitch slapped for lack of listening?'

Tails is getting pretty sassy at this point in his training

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I don't know what more I could say about this. It's so great.

Though honestly imagining a giant drunken Muppet Troll-Off Party drawn by Lazerbot and not actually getting it is sad.

Forge_Pharaoh
Jul 4, 2010

total agreement posted:

LB's version of Waldorf and Statler would be hardcore.

That's what I was thinking. I hope they're incorporated into the story later. Did they betray the Muppets and become trolls? Will they fight??

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Why was that page getting deleted??

I assumed that because he uploaded it several times, but it seems they're staying.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

UncleSmoothie posted:

We're going to learn more about the Trix Rabbit's training, then later we'll realize that it's crucial to something and Tails missing it will be a shocker in hindsight.

THEORY: Trix Rabbit has a soul bind with his dead best friend, Cap'n Crunch

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nerdbot posted:

I don't know what more I could say about this. It's so great.

Though honestly imagining a giant drunken Muppet Troll-Off Party drawn by Lazerbot and not actually getting it is sad.

I honestly think that this is 100% intentional by lazerbot. Sure, he could have gone that route, but that would have been just like the Looney Toons flashback. I believe that Lazerbot is self-aware enough to make a joke off of this. Imagine if Wile E. just spat out a gigantic wall of text describing how they got their Satanist powers. Sure, that would have been funny, mainly because of how well Lazerbot is with words, but it wouldn't have meant anything. Kermit's wall of text however, is actually funny without reading the words, because it was a joke that was actually set up. Not only is it set up in the sense that Kermit is training Tails how to be patient, but it is also set up in Lazerbot's story-telling methods: He gives a chapter-long illustrated backstory to explain Elmer's powers, and then he contrasts that by having Kermit spit out a backstory that could have just as easily been stretched out into a chapter-long flashback.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

nerdbot posted:

THEORY: Trix Rabbit has a soul bind with his dead best friend, Cap'n Crunch
I imagine that Trix Rabbit's enemies are children who troll him by not giving him the cereal he craves. He looks up to Lucky, the Lucky Charms Leprechaun, because he is in the opposite position (trolling children by withholding his own cereal).

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

JazzFlight posted:

I imagine that Trix Rabbit's enemies are children who troll him by not giving him the cereal he craves. He looks up to Lucky, the Lucky Charms Leprechaun, because he is in the opposite position (trolling children by withholding his own cereal).

This is one of the best posts I've ever seen on the internet. All made possible thanks to Lazerbot.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Am I the only one who reads every character like they have a heavy southern drawl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

This is the one and only legit exception to "Show, Don't Tell" right here.