Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Someone poke holes in my prospective list.

Allied Detachment, Sisters of Battle -
Cannoness
10 Sisters, 1 Heavy Bolter
10 Dominions, 4 Heavy Bolters, Simulacrum
Inside and atop a Bastion with Comm Relay

Elysian Drop Troops -
Company Command Squad
2 Drop Sentinels, 2 Heavy Flamers, Valkyrie Sky Talon
2 Drop Sentinels, 2 Heavy Flamers, Valkyrie Sky Talon
10 Veterans, 3 Plasma Guns, Valkyrie
10 Veterans, 3 Plasma Guns, Valkyrie
Vendetta
Vendetta
Vulture, Twinlinked Punisher Cannon
Vulture, Twinlinked Punisher Cannon

Total 1800 points.
50 points floating, thinking of either H-K missiles on the Sentinels or Missile Pods on the Sky Talons. General idea is to have the Sisters and CCS on the field turn one and blow up everything forever on turn 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sole.Sushi posted:

In your situation, the first thing I'd like to point out is that a Daemon Prince from the Chaos Space Marine Codex is a Jump Monstrous Creature, not a Flying Monstrous Creature--this has already been stated by PeterWeller.
In other words, your Daemon Prince does not have either mode of movement, and so the question is moot.
If, for whatever reason it was a Flying Monstrous Creature, let's take a look at the rules you have going on here: Flying Monstrous Creature (FMC) and Reserves, in relevance to your questions.

1) Your FMC begins the game in Glide mode if it starts on the board. It can change to Swoop mode at the beginning of your movement phase.
2) Your FMC, if it entered from Reserves, enters in either Glide mode or Swoop mode, your choice.
3) Reserves normally arrive from your board edge, meaning their movement is spoken for. Depending on the movement mode, your FMC may Glide into the game at 1-12", or Swoop into the game at 12-24".
4) FMC's do not by default have the Deep Strike or Outflank special rules. If they did, they would deploy by those rules instead.
5) If your FMC deploys from reserves via Deep Strike, it will enter play in either Glide or Swoop mode, whichever you decide--for the purposes of minimum movement, the FMC will have moved its minimum distance required to enter play. The book does not explicitly state this, but does explicitly state that all models that entered play via Deep Strike count as having moved; it's a safe assumption to make that minimum distances would also be part of this.

To clarify, if you are bringing a FMC on from reserve you can only deep strike if you are gliding. Gliding means you count as "jump" and part of "jump" is the ability to deepstrike. If you choose to swoop when you enter you must enter from your board edge, (you don't have jump movement if you are swooping and therefore cannot deepstrike). Is that right?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'm going to assume that there's some as-of-yet unexplained skism between the Templars and the Sisters, much like how the Ultramarine and Tau are buddies for no reason.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'm going to assume that there's some as-of-yet unexplained skism between the Templars and the Sisters, much like how the Ultramarine and Tau are buddies for no reason.

It would be nice if there was some more interesting fluff in the Templar book, although I'd settle for interesting units.

CaptainPete
Apr 26, 2009

MasterSlowPoke posted:

This is what I'm thinking. And Helsreach does show some friction between them, but in didn't feel like some big schism between the two.

PS: Love your new Oath Breaker AV.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mr Teatime posted:

My plans to get back into this hobby have just run aground on the shoals of reality when I realised I have nobody to actually play. None of my friends would be into this hobby and searching around on google reveals no clubs that seem to be on the go around Southampton. Even the local unis gaming society appears to be all roleplaying. Despite this potentially saving my wallet from getting hosed I was actually kinda looking forward to getting into this again :(

Are you talking about Southampton UK? Because I know some guys in that area I could hook you up with, especially if you're prepared to trot up the A36 to Salisbury.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
First test game today, orks vs orks at 1000pts. Overwatch was huge, burnas in battlewagons were a nightmare to assault. Meganobs are amazing as mentioned. The mission and warlord tables seem interesting so far.

Emperor's Will / Hammer and Anvil makes that First Blood victory point REALLY IMPORTANT - getting to that enemy objective is pretty hard work without deep strike.

Am I correct in believing weirdboys can't use the new psychic powers?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

First Blood is a really frustrating objective. It's basically a freebie for the guy who goes first 90% of the time. Would have been much better replaced by 'scoring unit within 6" of the centre of the board' like a lot of tournaments were using in 5th anyway. It's also the only one that both players can't achieve in the same game.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Corrode posted:

First Blood is a really frustrating objective. It's basically a freebie for the guy who goes first 90% of the time. Would have been much better replaced by 'scoring unit within 6" of the centre of the board' like a lot of tournaments were using in 5th anyway. It's also the only one that both players can't achieve in the same game.

First Blood is probably going to be one of the first things legitimately house-ruled (haha, banning Flyers and allies before even trying them out, go play Warmachine) because it's simply unfair and like you said, only one person can get it. I think most missions can do without this secondary objective entirely, or replace it with something like what you guys have been using across the pond.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Phyresis posted:

First Blood is probably going to be one of the first things legitimately house-ruled (haha, banning Flyers and allies before even trying them out, go play Warmachine) because it's simply unfair and like you said, only one person can get it. I think most missions can do without this secondary objective entirely, or replace it with something like what you guys have been using across the pond.

Isn't it balancing out the inherent advantage of having the final turn of the game.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Cataphract posted:

Isn't it balancing out the inherent advantage of having the final turn of the game.

No that's supposed to be balanced by not having the first turn of the game, which is usually far more important unless you're a dumb space elf loser. Depending on deployment, of course. You can potentially make your opponent waste his first turn of shooting, at a cost of maneuverability, reliability, and weakness to decent ordnance barrage attacks.

not lame!
May 9, 2006
STYLE!
Do finecast miniatures require any special preparation before you paint them? I have a dark eldar Archon with some arms from the warrior sprue, I've cleaned all the flash/mold-lines off him, do I need to do anything else or can I start to undercoat him?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

not lame! posted:

Do finecast miniatures require any special preparation before you paint them? I have a dark eldar Archon with some arms from the warrior sprue, I've cleaned all the flash/mold-lines off him, do I need to do anything else or can I start to undercoat him?

They will usually have a fine layer of resin dust on their surface that will break water-tension almost immediately and make you have to layer your base coat on thicker unless you clean them first. Officially they recommend a toothbrush and some water to brush the dust off. I'm too impatient for that and just do two layers of base paint.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I always wash mine in dish detergent and water first, just to remove any oils from production or handling that primer won't stick to. (This is more in general, not just for resin.)

And think about assembly - if there's something you want glued before you paint now is the time to do that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

hobocrunch posted:

They really should make Target Lock into the anti-flier upgrade for Tau.

But then, Xenos scum could hurt a Stormraven! (This would be cool - but there would be SO MANY Tau anti-air detachments after that...)

hobocrunch posted:

Since it now does nothing~ It could easily (and named aptly) be used for handling fliers since there's absolutely no way to do it effectively in the Tau Codex.

ML + Seeker missiles CAN do it, expensively.

hobocrunch posted:

Can anyone tell me the chance of 3 broadsides hitting and destroying a flier that was Zooming (say 36")? It seems insanely low.

For one:
To Hit: 30.6 %
Glancing or penning on AV10-11, 100%, glancing or penning AV12, 83.3%
Then there's Jink, so half or two thirds of that. Really, hitting's the hard part.

hobocrunch posted:

Even immobilized results are completely pointless and won't stop the hail of Bloodstrike Missiles. At least something needs to be done before they rerelease the codex.

Just MOSTLY pointless. There is some rumor bouncing around about a new Tau flyer coming out, OR you could always see if your opponent will let you use a Remora or Barracuda from FW. (Happened across an idea for a kitbash)

I'm beginning to wonder if the current Tau ant-flyer plan is to put markers everywhere you can, and actually TAKE seekers... If nothing else you can always use them vs ground targets, too.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

The Tau plan for anti-air is the same as the Tau plan for everything; load up on missile pods and blow it out of the sky. Tau are one of the best armies in the game at ground-based anti-air right now (not taking into account FW) so I'm honestly confused here. No one can take that many autocannons in HQ + Elite, and they sure don't get Broadsides, which are admittedly a bit worse than Long Fangs for AA in general.

You don't need anti-air to deal with flyers. You can make do with enough twin-linked S7+, in any army.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
You think TL misslepod suits will overtake the ever-so-popular mp-mt-pr suits? It seems like with more terminators likely to be around, you wouldn't want to give up the plasma rifles.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

OB_Juan posted:

You think TL misslepod suits will overtake the ever-so-popular mp-mt-pr suits? It seems like with more terminators likely to be around, you wouldn't want to give up the plasma rifles.

The commander has a plasma rifle, but all this talk about Terminators is just that: talk. You let me know when decent lists with Terminators start showing up. I have yet to be able to fit them into any army list of mine except Loganwing, where you obviously take 1 CML Terminator Wolf Guard per 5. You need the missile pods, they kill both flyers and vehicles at 36" range and you can hide after you shoot. There's no contest.

e: Oh and the best Tau ally is obviously Orks, and 2 big mobs of 30 boyz with PK are going to annihilate Terminators. And you get Lootas and a Dakkajet.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm curious about dakkajets. What about them is so good? What about the antitank ability of the bomma? 7 + 2d6 pen is pretty awesome.

Also what size stormboy squads are people taking with Zagstruk? Max?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Deathwing/Guard I'm considering. Plane, anti-plane, tons of Terminators and a blob to objective sit while the Terminators pile forward and punch faces. The psyker fills the obligatory HQ slot, brings some small measure of psychic defence and gives access to decks for lols.

Primary Detachment – Codex: Dark Angels

HQ – 130pts

Belial, Master of the Deathwing – 130pts
- Thunder hammer and storm shield

Troops – 1005pts

Deathwing Terminator Squad – 295pts
- 2 with thunder hammers and storm shields
- 1 with Cyclone missile launcher, storm bolter and chainfist
- One with the Deathwing Company Banner, thunder hammer and storm shield
- One Apothecary with thunder hammer and storm shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad – 240pts
- 4 with thunder hammers and storm shields
- 1 with Cyclone missile launcher, storm bolter and chainfist

Deathwing Terminator Squad – 235pts
- 4 with thunder hammers and storm shields
- 1 with Cyclone missile launcher, thunder hammer and storm shield

Deathwing Terminator Squad – 235pts
- 1 with storm bolter and power weapon
- 3 with storm bolter and power fist
- 1 with Cyclone missile launcher and storm shield

Detachment Total Points – 1135pts

Secondary Detachment – Codex: Imperial Guard

HQ – 70pts

Primaris Psyker – 70pts

Troops – 265pts

Infantry Platoon – 270pts

Platoon Command Squad – 125pts
- 4 meltaguns (40pts)
- Dedicated Transport: Chimera with multi-laser and heavy flamer (55pts)

Infantry Squad – 90pts
- Commissar (35pts)
- Autocannon (5pts)

Infantry Squad – 50pts

Fast Attack – 130pts

Vendetta – 130pts

Heavy Support – 150pts

Hydra Flak Squadron – 150pts
- 2 Hydra Flak Tanks

Detachment Total Points – 615pts

Army Total Points – 1750pts

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm curious about dakkajets. What about them is so good?

They are the best orkplane for dealing with other flyers and light vehicles, which is the only flyer Orkz need. 9 twin-linked potentially BS3 S6 shots, sign me up. Maybe they'll fix Fighta Ace in a FAQ to work vs. flyers, too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Phyresis posted:

They are the best orkplane for dealing with other flyers and light vehicles, which is the only flyer Orkz need. 9 twin-linked potentially BS3 S6 shots, sign me up. Maybe they'll fix Fighta Ace in a FAQ to work vs. flyers, too.

Is it that Fighta Ace doesn't work against flyers because some aren't skimmers?

I'm getting one for my anniversary and I was wondering what to do with it. My concern is that dakkajets are only AV10 so even bolters can glance them to death. I have had a lot of success with 5 man loota squads.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm getting one for my anniversary and I was wondering what to do with it. My concern is that dakkajets are only AV10 so even bolters can glance them to death. I have had a lot of success with 5 man loota squads.

Fighta Ace doesn't work because flyers aren't skimmers, yeah. When they hover they are treated like a skimmer so maybe it works when they hover.

Honestly, the AV of flyers doesn't come up THAT often. It ranges from 10-12 and if they are getting shot at, they are usually going to die unless they are overpowered Eldar Forgeworld flyers who can Jink for a 3+ cover. No one is going to take some potshots at your flyer, get one glance, and then shrug and move on. They are going to try to finish it off. You're worried about bolters being able to kill it, which can happen, but Tactical Squads get 18 shots off max. That's 3 hits, probably not going to amount to poo poo, and you don't really see more than 30 bolter Marines in a list.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Phyresis posted:

e: Oh and the best Tau ally is obviously Orks, and 2 big mobs of 30 boyz with PK are going to annihilate Terminators. And you get Lootas and a Dakkajet.

Seems like a Farseer with Prescience(Divination Primaris Power) could do a LOT of good for the Tau, as well.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

OB_Juan posted:

Seems like a Farseer with Prescience(Divination Primaris Power) could do a LOT of good for the Tau, as well.

Sure, but Tau's greatest weakness is their lovely Troops, and Eldar aren't really helping out there, nahmean? The best use for allies is to shore up your army's weaknesses. Prescience is also not so useful since everything is twin-linked. You can only ever take one reroll. Orks are the best because they have the best foot troops in the game and you can take two huge units of them. Ork Boyz absorb damage like nothing else in the game, pound for pound.

The best allies are: IG/Tau for Imperials and such for fire support, Orks if you have lovely troops, and Necrons if you are lucky enough to be allies of convenience with them and want 3 OP flyers and an OP catacomb command barge in your army. Which you do.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Phyresis posted:

Sure, but Tau's greatest weakness is their lovely Troops, and Eldar aren't really helping out there, nahmean? The best use for allies is to shore up your army's weaknesses. Prescience is also not so useful since everything is twin-linked. You can only ever take one reroll. Orks are the best because they have the best foot troops in the game and you can take two huge units of them. Ork Boyz absorb damage like nothing else in the game, pound for pound.

The best allies are: IG/Tau for Imperials and such for fire support, Orks if you have lovely troops, and Necrons if you are lucky enough to be allies of convenience with them and want 3 OP flyers and an OP catacomb command barge in your army. Which you do.

You can use it to either twin link your lovely troop's solid guns, or twin link pr/mp suits (admittedly this may be harder given the disparity of movement speeds between a farseer and a crisis suit.) Plus, Runes of Warding could be pretty handy.

It seems like IG/Orks would try to mitigate the Tau's weaknesses, where Eldar would be there to play to strengths. Then there's the Necron, who would serve to cover both, sorta. Hmm. Necron...

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 8, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Phyresis posted:

Fighta Ace doesn't work because flyers aren't skimmers, yeah. When they hover they are treated like a skimmer so maybe it works when they hover.

Honestly, the AV of flyers doesn't come up THAT often. It ranges from 10-12 and if they are getting shot at, they are usually going to die unless they are overpowered Eldar Forgeworld flyers who can Jink for a 3+ cover. No one is going to take some potshots at your flyer, get one glance, and then shrug and move on. They are going to try to finish it off. You're worried about bolters being able to kill it, which can happen, but Tactical Squads get 18 shots off max. That's 3 hits, probably not going to amount to poo poo, and you don't really see more than 30 bolter Marines in a list.

Are there any flyers that don't list skimmer in their type description? Or is this a case of the type being listed in the BRB appendix and not including skimmer?

While a FAQ would be nice it would also probably result in grabba klaws no longer working against flyers. Then again maybe they would fix Ghaz.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Are there any flyers that don't list skimmer in their type description? Or is this a case of the type being listed in the BRB appendix and not including skimmer?

Appendix 2 overrules just about everything except FAQs, and yeah, no Flyers are skimmers. Instead, most some have the Hover type, specifically so that they don't get classed as Skimmers.

e: it turns out most flyers can't even hover

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jul 8, 2012

C-C-C-CUNT
Jun 16, 2005

SHOOTING OUT MY WARRIOR JUICE

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bought the iPad book for the Ork Bomma because i missed the white dwarf and in there Fighta Ace does work on Flyers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

C-C-C-oval office posted:

I bought the iPad book for the Ork Bomma because i missed the white dwarf and in there Fighta Ace does work on Flyers

drat. Nice.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

C-C-C-oval office posted:

So that's how they're gonna sell those iPad versions. Exclusive access to the actual loving rules instead of FAQs that already need FAQing!

humannature
Apr 28, 2010

I was a vegan Hibernian Warden, but I gave that up to join the flesh-eating Chaotic Socialist Space Republic.
What's the verdict on aegis defense lines with quad guns? They seem like a good deal to me. Are they high enough to give a vehicle a cover save?

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm interested in learning how the Space Marines play. I've that they are a forgiving army, that mistakes are rarely fatal. Is this because the units are so versatile and can fill other roles, meaning it's easy to compensate for a blunder?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
As a long time lurker and occasional contributor I am pleased to finally post with something of substance. This is my 2000pt BA army. It has taken three years and three different military postings, including one overseas.

Suffice to say the next additions will be some DC and some Dreads, especially now that I can control them rather than them being some fire and forget rage missile.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nice army, I can never force myself to paint any kind of white for my decorations on my BA because I completely suck with doing white and any kind of shading.

Cocomonk3
Oct 21, 2010
Two questions about the errata, concerning CSM.

1) Sorcerers of Chaos are Mastery level 1, and Mark of Tzeentch doesn't increase this. Am I right in reading that if a Tzeentch marked Sorcerer switches both powers, he won't have the Warp Charge to use both of them? The rulebook says that in some cases Mastery level is written in terms of how many powers they can use, but the errata specifically says Sorcs are Mastery 1, and has no mention of increasing it if you buy Tzeentch.

2) Blood Rage for Chaos Dreads. To quote the errata "...If this move puts the Chaos Dreadnought within charge range of one or more enemy units then it may not Shoot or Run in the shooting phase and must declare a charge against the nearest enemy in the Assault phase." But charge rage is random. Do I assume it's 12? Roll it before I declare the charge?

Little things, but I'm hoping to use both in a game soon and would like to get some idea.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Cocomonk3 posted:

Two questions about the errata, concerning CSM.

1) Sorcerers of Chaos are Mastery level 1, and Mark of Tzeentch doesn't increase this. Am I right in reading that if a Tzeentch marked Sorcerer switches both powers, he won't have the Warp Charge to use both of them? The rulebook says that in some cases Mastery level is written in terms of how many powers they can use, but the errata specifically says Sorcs are Mastery 1, and has no mention of increasing it if you buy Tzeentch.

2) Blood Rage for Chaos Dreads. To quote the errata "...If this move puts the Chaos Dreadnought within charge range of one or more enemy units then it may not Shoot or Run in the shooting phase and must declare a charge against the nearest enemy in the Assault phase." But charge rage is random. Do I assume it's 12? Roll it before I declare the charge?

Little things, but I'm hoping to use both in a game soon and would like to get some idea.

Sorcerors of Tzeentch are the same as before--they can take a second power, but even in 5th Edition they could not cast one than one power a turn. Having more than one available power does not necessary make you Mastery 2+, it just makes them more versatile. In 6th until their next codex comes out taking more powers is good because all of the BRB powers are great compared to the lackluster CSM powers.

If a Chaos Dreadnought is within 12" or less of an enemy model when you roll Blood Rage you *must* declare a charge, forgoing anything else for the turn. If you are at 12" you will likely fail the charge and then get shot.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

humannature posted:

What's the verdict on aegis defense lines with quad guns? They seem like a good deal to me. Are they high enough to give a vehicle a cover save?

They're high enough to give 50% cover to a Rhino or a Chimera; they're about as tall as your average infantryman. Aegis lines with quad guns seems to be one of the more popular easy ways to get anti air into a list, and they're fairly cheap. Some folks like the idea of putting them on Bastions since then you have to destroy the building to get to the gun IIRC.

Baron Bifford posted:

I'm interested in learning how the Space Marines play. I've that they are a forgiving army, that mistakes are rarely fatal. Is this because the units are so versatile and can fill other roles, meaning it's easy to compensate for a blunder?
Space Marines are a mid-range shock force. They're good at getting fairly close and rapid firing their bolters while their special and heavy weapons do the heavy lifting against tougher targets. They're a forgiving army because their troops are tough and versatile. If you accidentally leave a squad of tactical Marines out in the open, they'll usually be okay due to their toughness and 3+ armor save. If your Devastator squad gets killed, you can still blow up tanks by getting close and using a melta gun or charging a tank with your krak grenades, or power fists and meltabombs if you took those.

Some specialized Marine lists like biker Marines tend to be far less forgiving, but the general Marine army of tactical squads in Rhinos supported by tanks and/or elite infantry is pretty forgiving.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

moths posted:

It's inconsistent, but I'm certainly biased as someone who owns both black-power armored space Barbies and Kens.

When in the history of anything have two militant religious organizations with very similar beliefs but different hierarchies gotten along? Bolter shells are gonna start flying the minute there's a disagreement over the proper phrasing of a litany of hate.

That said, it is silly that the Sisters get along better with the GK than they do the BT. Perhaps it's because if the GK show up, you know poo poo is going down and you better work with them (or they'll bathe in your blood).

Phyresis posted:

No that's supposed to be balanced by not having the first turn of the game, which is usually far more important unless you're a dumb space elf loser. Depending on deployment, of course. You can potentially make your opponent waste his first turn of shooting, at a cost of maneuverability, reliability, and weakness to decent ordnance barrage attacks.

Having the first turn isn't much of an advantage in most scenarios. If there are objectives on the table, going second is huge.

That only one player can claim first blood makes it a nice tie-breaker. But I would like to see alternate secondary objectives with which to replace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverFlashlight
Jun 15, 2005
Keeps going and going...
Okay, so I was correct about how FMC's work but we were all wrong about the CSM demon prince actually being a FMC - despite being a monstrous creature that flies and despite the Chaos Demons' Demonic Flight causing theirs to be FMC's - asking for logic from GW is futile indeed.

However - Pierre is wrong, pg 88 of the CSM book (top left corner) does specifically say that Mark of Tzeentch lets you cast two powers per turn, just not two shooting powers - this was later FAQ'd to let Demon Princes (as Monstrous Creatures) shoot two because they could shoot two guns if they had them...

SO, Mark of Tzeentch implicitly applies a Mastery Level of 2 - right? The new rules say that (paraphrase) "the number of powers you cast per turn in older books is equivalent to your Mastery level"

I know lots of this will be moot once we get our new book but I would actually like to play between now and then...

• Locked thread