Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Golbez posted:

Yes, typically when you pass 50% you have more than all the others combined.

Well there was some confusion about that in their neighbour's recent election.

Here's the latest video from the Talbiseh comedy channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apM-eLAX3-s
Evil Bashar tells Bashar to kill 15 million to stop the protests, while Good Bashar tells him 14 million is enough.

Brown Moses fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Apparently the Barqa Council in Libya, the group leading call for autonomy for the East, have just announced they'll dissolve, saying "The people have spoken".

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Brown Moses posted:

Apparently the Barqa Council in Libya, the group leading call for autonomy for the East, have just announced they'll dissolve, saying "The people have spoken".

Well that is certainly promising.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

More election results

Misrata:

Party List (4 seats):

Union for Homeland (20,696 votes)
Justice and Construction Party (17,165)
National Front (11,537)
National Alliance Forces ( 6,561)

Individual Candidates (4 seats):

Jumaa Ahmed Abdullah Attiga (12,997)
Omar Mohamed Ali Abulifa (6,984)
Hasan Mohamed Ali Lamine (4,395)
Salahaddine Omar Bishr Baadi (3,451)

Zliten:

Party List (3 seats)

National Alliance Forces (19,723)
Justice and Construction Party (5,626)
Free National League (3,213)

Individual Candidates (2 seats):

Abdullah Ali Abdullah Juwan (7,524)
Mohamed Shaaban Muftah Alwalid (4,820)
Mohamed Alqadi Ahed Assari (3,990)

Tarhouna:

Individual Candidates (1 seat):

Alnafishi Abdussalam Abdulmanaa Abdussalam (3,999)

Garabulli

Individual Candidates (1 seat):

Alajili Mohamed Musbah Abusadil (2,372)

Janzour:

Party List (3 seats)

National Alliance Forces (26,798)
Justice and Construction (2,423)
Al-Kadwa Political Forum (1,419)
[/quote]

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
So, with Morsi calling the Egyptian Parliament back, is it looking like there will be a Rump Parliament or is there an expectation most all the elected representatives will want to sit?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

farraday posted:

So, with Morsi calling the Egyptian Parliament back, is it looking like there will be a Rump Parliament or is there an expectation most all the elected representatives will want to sit?

Maybe some will boycott it, but I can't imagine the majority wouldn't attend. The issue is what's going to happen since the courts ruled Morsi's executive order was illegitimate.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Russia.

Not even kidding. I recall that one of the reasons they've got a hard-on defending Assad, aside from big military buyer and the last Russian naval port on the Mediterranean, is that Putin's having problems at home and needs to act tough on his foreign policy.

Assad getting rode out of Damascus on a rail would cause all sorts of headaches in Moscow.

It's really a minor embarrassing stunt, but last week two Swedish chuckleheads got into a single engine plane and flew from Lithuania into Belarus without being challenged at the border. The plan was to drop teddy bears on Batka's presidential palace, but changed their minds after someone contacted them on the radio and spoke to them in Russian when they got close. They instead went to the southern suburbs of Minsk and dropped their teddy bears before hightailing it back to Lithuania.

Now the defense ministry of Belarus insists it was a hoax and never happened. The video and pictures were photoshopped. Still, they have spent a week collecting the teddy bears that don't exist and investigating what happened. Lithuanian authorities confirmed airspace between the two countries was breached, but won't give more details. The latest development is now the defense ministry is making idle threats on the ministry blog to Lithuania and the radar station in Smorgon that should have detected the plane doesn't have supplies, radar or even binoculars. The personnel stationed there say if it weren't for care packages from home, they wouldn't even have much food.

The point is, Belarus is a buffer zone to Russia, and they completely failed to detect a single engine privately owned plane flying low enough you could read the numbers on it. It's an embarrassing security breach, and the last bad pr thing Russia needs.

With that said, I don't see anything like what is going on in Syria. or Yemen, or Bahrain happening in Russia any time soon. Politics and social issues tend to move very slowly in Russia.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

farraday posted:

I don't think anyone really knows what's going on between the MB and SCAF. Why would SCAF do something like this if it can be repealed a couple of weeks later at no cost, except for a political gain for the MB through the elections?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Highspeeddub posted:

It's really a minor embarrassing stunt, but last week two Swedish chuckleheads got into a single engine plane and flew from Lithuania into Belarus without being challenged at the border. The plan was to drop teddy bears on Batka's presidential palace, but changed their minds after someone contacted them on the radio and spoke to them in Russian when they got close. They instead went to the southern suburbs of Minsk and dropped their teddy bears before hightailing it back to Lithuania.

Now the defense ministry of Belarus insists it was a hoax and never happened. The video and pictures were photoshopped. Still, they have spent a week collecting the teddy bears that don't exist and investigating what happened. Lithuanian authorities confirmed airspace between the two countries was breached, but won't give more details. The latest development is now the defense ministry is making idle threats on the ministry blog to Lithuania and the radar station in Smorgon that should have detected the plane doesn't have supplies, radar or even binoculars. The personnel stationed there say if it weren't for care packages from home, they wouldn't even have much food.

The point is, Belarus is a buffer zone to Russia, and they completely failed to detect a single engine privately owned plane flying low enough you could read the numbers on it. It's an embarrassing security breach, and the last bad pr thing Russia needs.

With that said, I don't see anything like what is going on in Syria. or Yemen, or Bahrain happening in Russia any time soon. Politics and social issues tend to move very slowly in Russia.

Back in the late 80s, a German civilian pilot flew all the way to Moscow and landed in Red Square. Despite Cold War Soviet air defenses.

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

Totally Reasonable fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 10, 2012

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Highspeeddub posted:

the cutest international incident :3:

---

anyway re: libya
1) what is the deal with misrata, is there a regional stereotype i'm not aware of here because wow that's a lot of departure from the national trend
2) what's the difference between the Freedom and Construction Party and the Homeland Party
3) are the National Alliance Forces grouped under some degree of coherent ideology or is it just a "big tent" coalition born out of convenience

e: actually i could use some info as to what are the cultural, social, political and economic differences between different libyan cities/regions because a year after being exposed to the torrent of coverage on the country i still can't really process the whole "benghazians dance like this but misratans play golf like this" thing

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 10, 2012

RememberYourMantra
Dec 5, 2005

Don't Have Negative Thoughts

Pillbug

Patter Song posted:

Back in the late 80s, a German civilian pilot flew all the way to Moscow and landed in Red Square. Despite Cold War Soviet air defenses.

Mathias Rust, and he was only 20 years old at the time. He got to spend a few months in a Russian jail cell.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

Oompa-Loompa Union posted:

Mathias Rust, and he was only 20 years old at the time. He got to spend a few months in a Russian jail cell.

Totally worth it to pull such a crazy awesome stunt.

"wikipedia' posted:

While doing his obligatory community service (Zivildienst) in a West German hospital in 1989, Rust stabbed a female co-worker who had rejected him. The victim barely survived. He was convicted of attempted manslaughter, sentenced to two and a half years in prison and released after having served fifteen months.[10] Since then he has lived a fragmented life, describing himself as a "bit of an oddball"[11]. After being released from court, he converted to Hinduism

... well, that or he was just crazy. Seriously, he sounds like a slightly saner and more competent version of Caro.

Ghetto Prince fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 10, 2012

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

farraday posted:

http://gate.ahram.org.eg/NewsConten...9%88%D8%A7.aspx

So this article says that 1/3rd of the MPs didn't attend, notably liberals and leftists.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Regarding the Barq council, seems they've not disbanded, but withdrawn their fighters from the oilfields and roads they were blocking, and seem happy Jibril did well. I think they realise they've hosed up by boycotting the election, and mistakenly thought Islamists would do much better then they did.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
The Egyptian Supreme Court has made public their response to Morsi's decision to re-open the parliament: "hahaha nope"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

The Egyptian Supreme Court has made public their response to Morsi's decision to re-open the parliament: "hahaha nope"

Source? I can't find mention of this anywhere other than some vague statement they gave earlier.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Looks like today is George Galloway day on the Syrian Wikileaks Emails, just digging through them now, he really is an arse licking prick.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SexyBlindfold posted:

What's their rationale for this? Just the MB scare? Or is it that his actions run counter to that scare?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Al-Saqr posted:

Source? I can't find mention of this anywhere other than some vague statement they gave earlier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18765947

basically they declared that their decision was legally binding for all bodies of government, implying they don't recognize morsi's ability to overrule them

if this is for real and not yet another iteration of Egypt's Political Posturings And Bluffs Parade, i could see how it could become a problem. morsi could just shrug it off and have parliament hold sessions anyway, but the court wouldn't act on any law passed under it.

also hamdeen sabahi criticized morsi's reopening of congress. i thought you were cool, hammi. i thought you were cool

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18765947

basically they declared that their decision was legally binding for all bodies of government, implying they don't recognize morsi's ability to overrule them

That's the thing though, Morsi's decree states that nothing he has done is in contradiction, so there's a big hubub at the moment and that the statement in the link is the vague one I was talking about.

THIS JUST IN:-

Yep, the constitutional court has expressly ordered the president to cease parliament, this time it's direct and official. Dont you just love it when judges say nothing during a dictatorship but get really prissy when it's time to exercise democratic rights?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 10, 2012

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Brown Moses posted:

Looks like today is George Galloway day on the Syrian Wikileaks Emails, just digging through them now, he really is an arse licking prick.

What did Galloway do now?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

These are the two leaked so far

quote:

Your Excellency Dr Bouthaina Sha'aban Special Advisor to President Bashar al Asad President of the Syrian Arab Republic Damascus By e-mail

Your Excellency, dear Dr Sha'aban I hope this letter finds you well. Please be assured of my warmest fraternal greetings always.

I am writing on behalf of Viva Palestina whose world-wide family of solidarity organisiations and registered charities will soon be setting out for beseiged Gaza again with our fifth convoy of aid. You will recall the outstanding assistance afforded us in Syria on previous occasions over the last period. I am writing once again to ask for Syria's co-operation although I do not doubt it for one moment. Syria is as I have often said is the last castle of Arab dignity. My only regret
is to have to ask for your help again. This convoy sets out simulataneously on September 18th 2010 from London, from Casablanca and from the Gulf. The London and Gulf columns of vehicles would like to converge on Latakia and sail from there to Al Arish.

The Casablanca column hopes to join us in Al Arish and we hope all three columns - hundreds of vehicles strong - will enter Gaza through Rafah without hinderance. The aid on board the vehicles will be 50% medical equipment and 50% educational,
construction and other aid. The organisers of the convoy are Viva Palestina UK, Viva Palestina USA, Viva Palestina Arabia, Viva Palestina Malaysia, Viva Palestina Ireland, the Turkish NGO IHH,the International Committee to break the Seige on Gaza, Kia Ora - the Viva Palestina sister organisation in New Zealand, Viva Palestina Australia, Viva Palestina South Africa, Viva Palestina Spain, Viva Palestina Italia, and Viva Palestina France. It is intended that the vehicles and passengers should sail to Al Arish on board the Mavi Marmara, which as you know is owned by IHH. If His Excellency the President Bashar al Asad and his government can accept this proposal in principle perhaps you could nominate partner organisation(s) and individuals with whom my colleagues could liaise about the practical details? The liaison from our side would be Mr Kevin Ovenden and Mr Zaher Birawi of Viva Palestina UK (as we believe 2 is enough).

In any case please convey my respect and my admiration to His Excellency the President. With all good wishes George Galloway

quote:

Your Excellency dear Ambassador and honourable lady Dr Shaaban, Assalam o Aleukum.

Thank you for your beautiful reply. I knew that I could rely on you and the last Arab country in this historic endeavour. Given the shortness of the time (we leave London Casablanca Doha on September 18th, and these three columns joined by big contingents from Turkey Jordan and Lebanon hope to sail from Latakia aboard the Mavi Marmara between October 5-7th) can I respectfully request that you task officials in Damascus and and Latakia to make contact with my comrades in advance of your arrival back to Syria? I remind you they are Kevin Ovenden Kevin.ovenden@gmail.com and Dr Zaher Birawi zkb2002@hotmail.com This would be very helpful to us. I hope you are enjoying your travels and have a safe journey back to Damascus.

With all my good wishes, Yours fraternally George Galloway
VivaPalestinaArabia

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

I almost feel bad condemning him for trying to help the Palestinian cause, but associating with al-Assad and saying poo poo like "yours fraternally" is unforgivable.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

That's the worst thing about him, he adopts causes and then shits over them by palling around with dictators.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Tabliseh on Manaf Tlass's defection:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvw1F-TbTs

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Golbez posted:

Every time a domino falls, though, it seems to reinflame things. As Egypt wound down, Libya spun up; as Libya wound down, Syria spun up; as Syria winds down, who knows, Bahrain tries again? Yemen?

I doubt that the Spring will travel back to the peninsula again. You have to remember that the Syrian uprising (as well as the Egyptians and to a lesser extent the Libyans) has been co-opted by the Sauds, Americans and Qataris, and you'd be a fool to think any of them will tolerate further pro-democracy uprisings on the peninsula. Yemen might get some reform but will likely be tempered by Saudi interference. Bahrain is too small a country to resist Saudi occupation and will likely not go anywhere any time soon. The Berbers might try something, but that's in North Africa and will end badly in the long run anyway. Perhaps when they can no longer can produce significant amounts of oil the area will lose its strategic importance and the Peninsular kings will be unable to keep power, but that won't be for another few decades.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

More bomb IDing fun, this time what I believe is a cluster bomb. These two videos were filmed in the same area as the previous bombs were first recorded, and I believe they are Russian cluster bombs, with the marking on the bomblet, A-IX-2, relating to a Russian explosive, but I'm trying to figure out the specific model
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F92m9eqKP14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvCZNWxOZXg
Last time the bombs that were seemingly tested in this area ended up being used, so obviously it's very significant if they are cluster bombs.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

i poo poo trains posted:

I doubt that the Spring will travel back to the peninsula again. You have to remember that the Syrian uprising (as well as the Egyptians and to a lesser extent the Libyans) has been co-opted by the Sauds, Americans and Qataris, and you'd be a fool to think any of them will tolerate further pro-democracy uprisings on the peninsula. Yemen might get some reform but will likely be tempered by Saudi interference. Bahrain is too small a country to resist Saudi occupation and will likely not go anywhere any time soon. The Berbers might try something, but that's in North Africa and will end badly in the long run anyway. Perhaps when they can no longer can produce significant amounts of oil the area will lose its strategic importance and the Peninsular kings will be unable to keep power, but that won't be for another few decades.

I think the Sudan's are next. Khartoum is an extremely oppressive force in the area, and South Sudan's revolution to escape it has just seen Juba take its place. Something like 98% of South Sudan's assets are under Juba's control. However, the little spending power of the rural areas combined with the LRA's occupation of all the good farming land, plus the small scale civil wars all over, and it's tough to see how a strong movement could get on its feet. North Sudan may have a little more ground to stand on, and they're trying with the #SudanRevolts call to action, but time will tell.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

quote:

The White House says that Iran cannot be constructive in talks over a ceasefire in Syria. “I don’t think anybody with a straight face could argue that Iran has had a positive impact on developments in Syria,” White House spokesman Jay Carney said.

Hello there kettle, you look black. A statement like this would normally just be a bad joke, except The White House has been telling the same bad joke since forever. And it was never funny to begin with.

pincky
Oct 28, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

More bomb IDing fun, this time what I believe is a cluster bomb. These two videos were filmed in the same area as the previous bombs were first recorded, and I believe they are Russian cluster bombs, with the marking on the bomblet, A-IX-2, relating to a Russian explosive, but I'm trying to figure out the specific model
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F92m9eqKP14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvCZNWxOZXg
Last time the bombs that were seemingly tested in this area ended up being used, so obviously it's very significant if they are cluster bombs.

How suicidal do you have to be to pick up the rockets in that 2nd video??
I can't even imagine the circumstances in that 2nd video!
Anyway, good luck to the "martyrs" (thats what they are!) of the syrian revolution!

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Took me a couple minutes but I finally found it. It appears that those are AO-1 SCH bomblets (image), perhaps dropped in an RBK 250-275 (image). It seems that they have something of a reputation of ending up as UXO.
e: interestingly enough, it seems that bombs in the RBK family can only be dropped from fixed wing aircraft.

Volkerball posted:

I think the Sudan's are next. Khartoum is an extremely oppressive force in the area, and South Sudan's revolution to escape it has just seen Juba take its place. Something like 98% of South Sudan's assets are under Juba's control. However, the little spending power of the rural areas combined with the LRA's occupation of all the good farming land, plus the small scale civil wars all over, and it's tough to see how a strong movement could get on its feet. North Sudan may have a little more ground to stand on, and they're trying with the #SudanRevolts call to action, but time will tell.
I'd forgotten about Sudan. Considering its precarious internal situation and historic bad reputation with the West I wouldn't be surprised if Bashir is next, but barring foreign finagling in Iran I doubt any more major middle-eastern powers will fall. Is the LRA really that powerful in South Sudan though? I knew that they had a presence but I would be surprised to learn that they control the countryside considering that the Acholi population in South Sudan only numbers around 50,000.

sum fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 11, 2012

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

i poo poo trains posted:

Took me a couple minutes but I finally found it. It appears that those are AO-1 SCH bomblets (image), perhaps dropped in an RBK 250-275 (image). It seems that they have something of a reputation of ending up as UXO.
e: interestingly enough, it seems that bombs in the RBK family can only be dropped from fixed wing aircraft.

I'd forgotten about Sudan. Considering its precarious internal situation and historic bad reputation with the West I wouldn't be surprised if Bashir is next, but barring foreign finagling in Iran I doubt any more major middle-eastern powers will fall. Is the LRA really that powerful in South Sudan though? I knew that they had a presence but I would be surprised to learn that they control the countryside considering that the Acholi population in South Sudan only numbers around 50,000.

My internet is being terrible or I'd track down the segment, but Al Jazeera did a documentary a while back about the problems South Sudan is facing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-h2RQ-tPdU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

South Sudan is lacking manpower, and is trying to deal with rebel factions, mine removal, famine, and refugees who fled to Uganda and Kenya returning home all at once. It's a ripe environment for a force like the LRA to make its presence felt. The vast majority of food in South Sudan is imported from Kenya and Uganda which shouldn't be the case because South Sudan has the resources to provide, but it's crippled by lack of infrastructure and rebel groups it doesn't have the means to deal with. I'm hitting Kenya and Uganda next for the OP of the Africa thread, so I'll be able to clarify it more after the research for that, but right now, I'd assume the LRA is putting more emphasis on controlling the resources in South Sudan than any other activity they are currently involved in.

Speaking of which, I'd say Western Sahara probably fits in with this thread better than the Africa thread due to the Arab presence in the whole ordeal, but it's one of the more compelling histories I've seen yet. The International Court of Justice ruled in 1975 that the indigenous sahrawi people should be allowed to self-determine their form of government as neither Morocco nor Mauritania had enough ties within the country to justify an annexation. Morocco responded by sending 300,000 civilians escorted by 20,000 troops to basically colonize the area. The sahrawi Polisario Front created their own government which they currently run in exile in Algeria while Morocco built a gigantic berm called the Moroccan Wall to keep them out.

Most of the remaining sahrawi people live in awful refugee camps in Algeria and Mauritania, and over the past couple years have become increasingly frustrated over the lack of progress in the 20 year U.N. mission and the increasingly heavy handed policy of Morocco towards them. Cease fire has been in effect since 1991, but I'm not sure if it will hold much longer. News ought to be interesting out of there for the next several months as well.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

i poo poo trains posted:

Thanks, thought I had the bomb, but couldn't figure out the bomblets. I've put together a post here which I'm also sending off to HRW, AI, etc.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Yep, the constitutional court has expressly ordered the president to cease parliament, this time it's direct and official. Dont you just love it when judges say nothing during a dictatorship but get really prissy when it's time to exercise democratic rights?

Well think of it this way

Let's say Obama decides "gently caress this congress" and wants to disband it. The Supreme Court can decide it's unconstitutional, and actually stop the president from doing it.

It doesn't matter whether it would be a good thing or not for Morsi to reinstate parliament, if he decides he wants to do it without going through the actual legal system set in place it sets a bad precedent.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The supreme court can rule that it's illegal, but that hasn't stopped presidents from disregarding the rulings.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lyle-denniston/gingrich-supreme-court_b_1017418.html

"John Marshall has made his decision, now let him enforce it!" Attributed to Andrew Jackson

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Well think of it this way

Let's say Obama decides "gently caress this congress" and wants to disband it. The Supreme Court can decide it's unconstitutional, and actually stop the president from doing it.

It doesn't matter whether it would be a good thing or not for Morsi to reinstate parliament, if he decides he wants to do it without going through the actual legal system set in place it sets a bad precedent.

I don't know wether you've Been paying attention to the fact that the people who dissolved parliament are unelected generals and the judges are hand picked Mubarak acolytes who didn't blink an eye to both the crimes of his regime and the scaf when they decided to launch a coup by their constitutional declaration and their dissolution of parliament. Where the gently caress was all this bad precedent talk when civilians are being put on military trials and torture and corruption were rampant?

An elected president bringing back an elected parliament that was dissolved by an unelected army backed by a corrupt judiciary, what an awful precedent!

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

http://www2.almanar.com.lb/adetails.php?eid=267722&cid=21&fromval=1&frid=21&seccatid=23&s1=1#.T_1YQ2sxWjB.twitter

Al-Manar's/hezbollah's response to Tlass's defection is so stereotypical it's almost hard to believe. It basically just accuses him of being a zionist and says his defection was organized by Israeli intelligence.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Xandu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0l5togayig

I swear Jordanian politics isn't usually so violent.

http://www.khaberni.com/more-79176-...%84%D8%A7%D8%AD

So in the end, the TV station got issued a warning for this, and apparently nothing happened to the guy who brought the gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Just saw one of my recent Google search referrals from my blog is "who is Brown Moses? british intelligence"

• Locked thread