Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
He can't be sainted until he dies in a firey crash.

Which won't be long, if he gets that thing out of the impound...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

thelightguy posted:

Aye. How many sockingtons of rust do you think are on that thing?

At least 3, maybe even 3.5.

Sponge!
Dec 22, 2004

SPORK!

astrollinthepork posted:

At least 3, maybe even 3.5.

I forget, do we factor in the 4.8 Sockingtons of rust that already fell off into the total?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
SockingtonTM is a trademark of Sockington Studios and cannot be used without prior consent.

I posted this in the cellphone thread, but this tire was soooo close to a huge failure. One of the ladies at my wife's work had a meeting with a curb in their short bus(or so reported), but that does not make up for the awful dry rot going on.

The wife wanted me to stop by and let her know if she she bother mentioning something. I suggested new tires all the way around.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Abominable! posted:

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/982267/391/State-Trooper-pulls-over-driver-of-unsafe-Ford-Pinto

There are a few more pictures at the link, but these are the meat and bones of it;

Someone's been watching a bit too much of David's Farm.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

some texas redneck posted:

Someone's been watching a bit too much of David's Farm.

Went by there today. One day I would like to go screw around with those wild cars, but the whole thing where he is a little creepy is keeping me from doing that.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I dunno, his Redneck Rollercoaster looks like a fuckload of fun.

But I'm also about twice the age of his preferred age bracket. v:v:v

Last I heard the province made him get rid of most of the fun poo poo, but I haven't tried to keep up with his antics since he got booted from YouTube.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

some texas redneck posted:

I dunno, his Redneck Rollercoaster looks like a fuckload of fun.

But I'm also about twice the age of his preferred age bracket. v:v:v

Last I heard the province made him get rid of most of the fun poo poo, but I haven't tried to keep up with his antics since he got booted from YouTube.

He is still on YouTube under a new account but I can't bring myself to watch him anymore due to his past.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Wait what? I'm definitely missing a story about David's Farm here.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Apparently back in the 80s/90s he filmed some kids jerkin' it, and got in a lot of trouble over it.

Then he set up David's Farm, gained a lot of internet popularity and advertising money, a girlfriend, etc. Eventually, he split with her or vice versa, and she got all jealous of the money he was making or something, bad blood between them, went digging into his past, and used it against him to get the channel shut down and him in trouble with the province.

... anyone in the northeastern US have a decent size farm and feel like setting up a non kiddie diddling equivalent for Davids Farm and do crazy poo poo all day every day? I will do whatever ghetto fab and crazy stunts are required, and I promise I don't diddle kids...

Apparently he was raking in $100k+ per year in advertising money just on his youtube channel. gently caress, I'd do that kind of stuff (the cars, not the kids) for 100k/year.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
God damnit.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

kastein posted:

Apparently back in the 80s/90s he filmed some kids jerkin' it, and got in a lot of trouble over it.

Then he set up David's Farm, gained a lot of internet popularity and advertising money, a girlfriend, etc. Eventually, he split with her or vice versa, and she got all jealous of the money he was making or something, bad blood between them, went digging into his past, and used it against him to get the channel shut down and him in trouble with the province.

... anyone in the northeastern US have a decent size farm and feel like setting up a non kiddie diddling equivalent for Davids Farm and do crazy poo poo all day every day? I will do whatever ghetto fab and crazy stunts are required, and I promise I don't diddle kids...

Apparently he was raking in $100k+ per year in advertising money just on his youtube channel. gently caress, I'd do that kind of stuff (the cars, not the kids) for 100k/year.

In some video he said that the mother of his son wasn't telling him about David. David wanted to become famous enough of youtube for his son to find him and see who he was. There's actually where he ends up meeting up with his son. At the point where he met his son, he basically said gently caress the youtube channel, the point of it was to meet up with my son. It served his purpose, it seems he's moved on from youtube.

thecobra
Aug 9, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Screw it. Not gonna keep the derail going. The info's out there.

thecobra fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 8, 2012

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 8, 2012

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Hot as hell today

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
That may be the largest picture anyone has ever posted here.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Das Volk posted:

That may be the largest picture anyone has ever posted here.

whoops i posted it on my phone and it just auto resized it i didn't think it was that big

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

Even the taxiway is trying to get away from that piece of garbage.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Beach Bum posted:

So in this thread we post catastrophe, sometimes involving engine blocks. But, after said catastrophe, what do we do? We rebuild it. Stronger, Faster, More Powerful. But most importantly, with a buttload of pictures, ostensibly to make sure we put it back together right, but sometimes, we make something beautiful.

This is one of Those Things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME

This was just outstanding.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I could watch stop-motion engine overhauls all day and never get bored.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I like the way you can see the oil slowly spreading and soaking into the wood at around the 1 minute mark.

It reminds me of how my jeep used to treat my driveway :haw:

It was more of a land rover than most land rovers... where they simply mark their territory, it carpet bombed it.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Beach Bum posted:

So in this thread we post catastrophe, sometimes involving engine blocks. But, after said catastrophe, what do we do? We rebuild it. Stronger, Faster, More Powerful. But most importantly, with a buttload of pictures, ostensibly to make sure we put it back together right, but sometimes, we make something beautiful.

This is one of Those Things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVDrGsaDME

I was listening to this by coincidence, but I could watch this all day. :allears:

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...GsaDME&start2=0

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Can we post horrible electric failures? Because I think I found out why my CD player wasn't working right.

Sponge!
Dec 22, 2004

SPORK!

Devyl posted:

Can we post horrible electric failures? Because I think I found out why my CD player wasn't working right.

I've seen.. worse... Blue fuse is 15 amps, so at least they were thinking about consequences and all...

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Devyl posted:

I did that once so I could listen to CDs for the drive home from school, then promptly forgot about it. My next two vehicles were compatible with the same harness and I was lazy, so the duct-taped thing lived on for four years. Every now and then I'd remember about it, tell myself I'll fix it when I get home, and again forget for another few months.

It still worked fine when I pulled it out of the last car though.

My wiring jobs have improved since then, thankfully.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010
Hey everyone! You can add an L to the end of the filename of an imgur picture and get a "large" size image of it without resizing like so:

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Bought an 02' focus for $1500 with a "bad strut"

I can't believe I drove this thing home. Made the worst noise.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Voltage posted:

Is that a spring somehow wrapped around the half-shaft/cv-joint?

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Voltage posted:

My sisters focus started making an awful noise from the right rear, I'm expecting the same thing. Was it a pain to wrestle out like that?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Just a strut, what looks like a CV joint is a dead dust boot/bellows. The part that's scary is the spring is broken.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Quick put It back on the car and take it to the dealer, there's a recall on that and you'll get 2 new springs, and actually I think they probably replace the whole thing because it's faster

Edit:
Mine went out at 50mph almost scared my shorts brown.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

tater_salad posted:

Quick put It back on the car and take it to the dealer, there's a recall on that and you'll get 2 new springs, and actually I think they probably replace the whole thing because it's faster

Edit:
Mine went out at 50mph almost scared my shorts brown.

Ah poo poo :\

Well I only did one side, so it may be a good idea to still take it in, maybe they will do the other side before it causes fiery death.

Was super easy to fix, literally 5 bolts (and a lot of PB blaster).

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Hmm.. I wonder why I was getting misfires on #8

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Did you replace the coil? Doesn't take a lot of misfiring to cook one of those bad boys.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Coils and plugs on that whole side. 2003 linc Ls V8. It's just routine maintenance on these coil eating motherfuckers

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
This came in on my buddies tow truck the other day, I decided it needed a picture. Off a chevy S10

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

ahh, the famed chevy rear TTB suspension.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

kastein posted:

ahh, the famed chevy rear TTB suspension.

Thats Totally Bollocksed?

Budget Monty
Jul 25, 2005

Ask me about my torrid love affair with Geico :ese:

Beach Bum posted:

If the stems jam in the guides the cams will encounter too much resistance and snap.

Nope, that would be the first time in history I believe. I have never seen a valve bent above the valve guide. Someone is feeding you BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Random
Oct 22, 2010

mutt2jeff posted:

This came in on my buddies tow truck the other day, I decided it needed a picture. Off a chevy S10

I always wondered if that could be a failure mode for a solid rear axle. I've seen bent tubes from off road guys, but that's the first time I've seen that. You can even see where the plug weld broke free from the 3rd member.