Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
My chair finally came today so I thought I'd update my ancient pic.

New mouse, keyboard and chair for a superior living like poo poo experience. Monitors, Mac and desk still the same old.

Edit: and it's good proof that not every Mac user is living in either a design catalogue or an Apple Store :v:

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

A giant glowing white apple and Steve Jobs framed magazines? So cliche. My tech fanboyism is a bit more discreet.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thelightguy posted:

A giant glowing white apple and Steve Jobs framed magazines? So cliche. My tech fanboyism is a bit more discreet.

Do you ever use the Touchpad? I tried to get in on the firesale last year to no avail.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I got two, kept one for myself and gave the other to my mother. I'm using the cm9 nightlies and it sees a ton of usage when I don't want to pull my laptop out, which is like pretty much all the time.

Also WebOS is a fantastic mobile OS so I'm hoping that somehow OpenWebOS will take off and give Android the rear end-kicking it deserves.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

johnnyXcrane posted:

It's hilarious how this pic becomes an nerdrage here, but the millions of creepy pedophile anime rooms are okay.

What? I think you're in the wrong place.

HalloKitty fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 11, 2012

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

thelightguy posted:

I got two, kept one for myself and gave the other to my mother. I'm using the cm9 nightlies and it sees a ton of usage when I don't want to pull my laptop out, which is like pretty much all the time.

Also WebOS is a fantastic mobile OS so I'm hoping that somehow OpenWebOS will take off and give Android the rear end-kicking it deserves.

I have one, and it's the reason I got rid of my chromebook. Completely agree on WebOS. It's far better than android, just never was given a proper chance. (E: although I sure as poo poo would take a new ipad over it, but not at the new ipad price)

Currently re-working an old table my dad build for me (it's beefy as poo poo ~2" thick blue stain pine for the top, 4x4 bluestain for the legs) into a standing desk. Debating whether to make it thinner or just keep its current size (~40" square) and use it for space for my printer and the like. Going in its own room so space isn't much an issue.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Got a new desk yesterday, so I might as well take a photo because it'll never be this clean ever again. I also need to do some cable management.

Chopper
Feb 13, 2006

Traxus IV posted:

I love the monitor layout you've got going on here with the 27 and 20, it looks really clean. What kind are they?

They are both Dells. A U2711 (the 27" - bought this year) and a 2007WFP (20" - from 2006).

For the same money you could probably get four 24" wide screens - just depends what you want really!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

McFunkerson posted:

Got myself a new desk, improved my cable management a bit and I am now quite happy with my home office set up :)

Has any girl (or even a normal human being) ever seen this room? What did they say?

Aws
Dec 5, 2005

sensy v2.0 posted:

Got a new desk yesterday, so I might as well take a photo because it'll never be this clean ever again. I also need to do some cable management.

I love your room.

wallpaper

I think I said I'll do some cable management three years ago. I still haven't started. Maybe tomorrow! It's also usually more of a tight fit, but MY GIRLFRIEND is away for a month so I have more space.

Also, about the Apple fanboy; you don't have to like Apple to respect passion. Passion is the soul of the goon.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

sensy v2.0 posted:

This is what I want my office area to look like in my next house.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 18, 2019

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

McFunkerson posted:

Most people are impressed by the large Apple logo (which is really rare to find outside a retail location).

I was surprised you posted that, it seems like something that Apple might be upset by if they knew one had gone missing from their store.

Depending on how high you are up in the company of course. Or if you are with them at all, not sure. Maybe you bought one from the supplier. What's the story?

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Ron Burgundy posted:

I was surprised you posted that, it seems like something that Apple might be upset by if they knew one had gone missing from their store.

Depending on how high you are up in the company of course. Or if you are with them at all, not sure. Maybe you bought one from the supplier. What's the story?

This guy works for Apple's reclamation department. Don't answer these questions.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Yeah, I wouldn't answer any of those questions because apple is notorious for getting at people with their property.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
It has lamp cord and a plug, its a reproduction guys. Calm down about thinking he stole it.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

McFunkerson posted:

At one point I did work at a retail location and was allowed to take the Pro Sign out of the building by a manager (along with some large display iPod signs). This was against policy but we had cool/defiant managers. I haven't worked at an Apple store in years though.

The big Apple sign was from an Apple Authorized Retailer that went under a few months back. The owner was pissed because Apple didn't provide him with enough inventory and he sold off all his signage (A friend bought a large MacBook Air banner for his office). It has a cord hanging out the back because I put a transformer inside to run the neon. It was originally strung together with other lights on a huge in wall transformer that would make no sense for me to duplicate. I'm in a rental house, but when we move out, assuming we purchase, I'll run that cord behind the wall.

Do you have the giant logo light on often, or do you usually leave it off if you're at the desk? Disturbed feelings about obsessive brand loyalty aside, it just seems like it'd be way too loving big and bright (and it's neon, apparently) to keep directly over your monitor without toasting your eyeballs.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Do you have the giant logo light on often, or do you usually leave it off if you're at the desk? Disturbed feelings about obsessive brand loyalty aside, it just seems like it'd be way too loving big and bright (and it's neon, apparently) to keep directly over your monitor without toasting your eyeballs.

Maybe this is why the cool kids wear sunglasses inside?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > Post your (actual) thoughts about Apple poo poo in some dude's home office with grandma curtains

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

TECHNICAL Thug posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > Post your (actual) thoughts about Apple poo poo in some dude's home office with grandma curtains

Jesus, I always used to like reading this thread. He likes Apple, you guys gave him poo poo, now let it die, for gently caress's sake.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

TECHNICAL Thug posted:

mediaphage posted:

Jesus, I always used to like reading this thread. He likes Apple, you guys gave him poo poo, now let it die, for gently caress's sake.

Oh, come on. I had a legitimate question here, I wasn't trying to give him grief.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Just moved to my new place, got a new U3011 as well:

Click here to view the full image

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!

Steakandchips posted:

Just moved to my new place, got a new U3011 as well:

Click here to view the full image

The new goon monitor standard:

HP ZR30W instead of the U3011 but 2412s for the sides, looks similar!

Edit: We have the same desk style (I got the L), get out of my head!

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Nice. Do they work together in an eyefinity-type setup, or is it more for multi-tasking/work?

Dominoes fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 22, 2012

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Fatal posted:

HP ZR30W instead of the U3011 but 2412s for the sides, looks similar!

Edit: We have the same desk style (I got the L), get out of my head!

My 3 surrounding the u3011 are u2311Hes. The leftmost one is a U2407WFP.

Yeah, Galants are pretty darn sweet, mine has been able to tolerate 200kg on it, no problem. Not even a wobble.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Dominoes posted:

Nice. Do they work together in an eyefinity-type setup, or is it more for multi-tasking/work?

If I wanna eyefinity, I use the 3 23"s. Haven't tried eyefinitying with the 2 side verticals and the middle horizontal.

Honestly, ef is nice, but most game UIs suck for catering to it, hence my switch to big 2560x1600.

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew

Aws posted:

I love your room.

wallpaper

I think I said I'll do some cable management three years ago. I still haven't started. Maybe tomorrow! It's also usually more of a tight fit, but MY GIRLFRIEND is away for a month so I have more space.

Also, about the Apple fanboy; you don't have to like Apple to respect passion. Passion is the soul of the goon.

I'm searching for a tv right now, what is that one?

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!

Steakandchips posted:

Honestly, ef is nice, but most game UIs suck for catering to it, hence my switch to big 2560x1600.

My thoughts exactly, as nice as it is to have a huge FOV, it's really nicer to have a nice big single window. So far for me eyefinity doesn't play nice with the verticals and a huge middle not that it really matters since all I really do is play SC2 (windowed)

LegionX
Jan 11, 2009

Sorry, my room is small and i couldn't zoom in further, so this is it for now.

Am thinking about bringing a second screen to the table, but i think it will take too much room.

Aws
Dec 5, 2005

Super Dude posted:

I'm searching for a tv right now, what is that one?

link It was heavily discounted. Really heavily discounted. It was the price of a 32 inch LCD at the time. I kind of regret getting it because the image quality is pretty awful for anything other than watching movies. I don't recommend it. Image retention is way worse than I was expecting as well.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

We moved, and I got a bigger desk, yay! It's all from ikea because :finland:

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I'm thinking of getting an Ikea Vika Amon(http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99843742/) but I'm a little concerned about the build quality. I do not have an Ikea near me, so I will have to order this over the internet.

I'm particularily concerned over this seemingly minor detail:

Table top:
Top: Fiberboard, Printed and embossed acrylic paint, .
Frame: Particleboard, ABS plastic
Filling material: Paper
Bottom: Fiberboard

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Severed posted:

I'm thinking of getting an Ikea Vika Amon(http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99843742/) but I'm a little concerned about the build quality. I do not have an Ikea near me, so I will have to order this over the internet.

Table top:

My table on the post above is exactly that model. It's sturdy enough to hold a computer and such stuff, but I wouldn't stand on it. Paper filling is probably surprisingly resilient, you should check that episode of Mythbusters where they made armor from paper.

If it's a computer/writing desk you're after, the Vika Amon is a very good affordable choice.

My high-gloss white had some cracks on the veneer from bad shipping/handling, though, so keep that in mind if you're going to order it online.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Severed posted:

Table top:

I'm fairly sure that means it's engineered like a hollow core door (they make a pretty big deal in their catalog that they contracted a hollow core door factory in Poland to make table tops because they thought it was such a great idea) so the internal structure is going to be something like this, particularly the honeycomb paper pattern providing the structure.

http://alamobuildingspecialties.com/?alamo_products=architectural-hollow-core-doors

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I need a better chair.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
If only you had a giant neon apple sign!

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dogen posted:

If only you had a giant neon apple sign!

That's hung up in the Applearium with my 5 Mac Pros and 8 Steve Jobs mannequins in black mock-necks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm fairly sure that means it's engineered like a hollow core door (they make a pretty big deal in their catalog that they contracted a hollow core door factory in Poland to make table tops because they thought it was such a great idea) so the internal structure is going to be something like this, particularly the honeycomb paper pattern providing the structure.

http://alamobuildingspecialties.com/?alamo_products=architectural-hollow-core-doors

That is exactly what it is.