Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gonzo McFee posted:

The fact that he hosed up a NOAH main event level tag match because he's such a manchild and had to have things timed perfectly always stuck with me. The boy (43? Jesus Christ) is too close to wrestling to possibly enjoy it anymore.

When you have a quality main event with huge stars you will never see again and you spend it looking at a stopwatch then you should be banned from the shows because you're taking up a seat that could be sold to someone who would watch the matches.

Then he also messed up shooting for the Wrestler as they were told to be quiet but that fucker had to yell out and ruin the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What the gently caress is wrong with that rear end in a top hat?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Green Lantern Fan is the reason the movie The Green Lantern failed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lone Rogue posted:

Green Lantern Fan is the reason the movie The Green Lantern failed.

Specifically he was told it would run for 1:37:00 exactly, and then when they went 3 minutes over adding a scene that made the story make sense, he complained and they released the shortened version instead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with that rear end in a top hat?

Probably undiagnosed autism. Also his mugshot looks like a skinny, droopy dog looking Kevin Steen.

But still, The Rock's a fan of Kevin Steen. Must feel like James Cameron walking up to you during your Indie film fest with the £1000 slasher film you've made and telling you he's a big fan of your work.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Maybe it's me but it's weird your choice of director was James Cameron.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

But his movies... they make like a zillion dollars so that means he's the greatest of all time, right?!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

But his movies... they make like a zillion dollars so that means he's the greatest of all time, right?!

I think it was more a comparison of budget, but even that aside James Cameron is a good director.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I want to see The Rock in a remake of True Lies.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

Dude makes flashy, big budget movies that draw millions even if the formula is pretty basic and he does it better than nearly every other big budget, flashy guys like Michael "Cena" Bay. I reckon it's a fairly good comparison.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oatgan posted:

I think it was more a comparison of budget, but even that aside James Cameron is a good director.

I dunno he did remake Fern Gully

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Randy Orton = George Lucas

Created a masterpiece or two (thanks mostly to the work of others) & took all the credit for it. Put in poor quality efforts ever since, but is able to make money off the basis that it could be as good as what he used to do.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I dunno he did remake Fern Gully

Dances with Smurfs is a perfectly fine movie, if basic as all hell with a simplistic political view of "WHITE PEOPLE BAD" (Which is 100% correct but for much more nefarious and disgusting reasons than a movie about army rednecks killing blue indians will ever be able to explain.)

But anyway, WRESTLERS ON TWITTER!

Bully Ray posted:

Can a Bully get a RT. #BULLYNATION growing faster than Dreamahs bald spot. Follow me. #DREAMAHSBALDANDFAT

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Why does he type with an accent?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

Because he talks with one?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

coconono posted:

Attitude Era and earlier wrestlers using any type of technology chuckles the hell out of me.

-Ric Flair sending text messages
-Shane Douglas using a webcam
-Marty Jannetty on MySpace.

Man twitter must blow your loving mind, huh?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Man twitter must blow your loving mind, huh?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

coconono posted:

Attitude Era and earlier wrestlers using any type of technology chuckles the hell out of me.

-Ric Flair sending text messages
-Shane Douglas using a webcam
-Marty Jannetty on MySpace.

I always feel bad about Shawn Michaels tweets because you know he's doing the pointer-finger-poke in utter confusion and the man's eyes don't even go in the same direction and goddamnit someone help HBK tell us about how much Ice Cream his daughter can eat (winds up it is "A LOT!")

Everyone pretend I had that .gif of him trying to vote on wwe.com handy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Seeing Hogan's twitter makes me think watching that horror/suspense movie with him and DDP would be a funny Toxx.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonzo McFee posted:

The fact that he hosed up a NOAH main event level tag match because he's such a manchild and had to have things timed perfectly always stuck with me. The boy (43? Jesus Christ) is too close to wrestling to possibly enjoy it anymore.

When you have a quality main event with huge stars you will never see again and you spend it looking at a stopwatch then you should be banned from the shows because you're taking up a seat that could be sold to someone who would watch the matches.

Just curious, how did he gently caress up a main event just because of timing it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phenix Rising posted:

Just curious, how did he gently caress up a main event just because of timing it?

They said that it had a ? time limit and when it reached that he started freaking out since it was going over.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

They were doing a 30 minute draw but were a couple of seconds late for the big top rope spot that would end the match. He started counting down 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 as they were setting up the spot. Because he got a number of fans chanting too they couldn't just fudge the time (or who knows, maybe he was wrong with his timing in the first place) because the fans all thought the match was over.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

triplexpac posted:

Because Bully Ray is our reward for driving Dusty off Twittuh.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

They were doing a 30 minute draw but were a couple of seconds late for the big top rope spot that would end the match. He started counting down 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 as they were setting up the spot. Because he got a number of fans chanting too they couldn't just fudge the time (or who knows, maybe he was wrong with his timing in the first place) because the fans all thought the match was over.

Leading to Misawa looking around confused and angry.

Does anyone have a full account of it because I remember there being talk of him getting banned for a while, this causing problems between NOAH and ROH and other such things.

Seriously gently caress a guy who gets to go to see wrestling legends work a great match and you spend it looking at a stopwatch.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Gonzo McFee posted:

Does anyone have a full account of it because I remember there being talk of him getting banned for a while, this causing problems between NOAH and ROH and other such things.

Seriously gently caress a guy who gets to go to see wrestling legends work a great match and you spend it looking at a stopwatch.

All of this poo poo pales in comparison to crashing Chris Candido's funeral.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Frot Lesnar posted:

What the gently caress?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

He got into a tiff with security at another show and it led to him almost getting banned.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

What the gently caress?
He found out the address of the wake or funeral of Chris Candido and he showed up and started chatting it up with the grieving family and asking wrestlers to pose for pictures. Fans had specifically been asked to stay away (obviously). The only reason he wasn't thrown out was to avoid a scene. Then he posted about it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Frot Lesnar posted:

I had not heard about that. He's banned from all wrestling events for all time, right? Or did they take pity on him because he's obviously suffering from severe mental handicaps?

I now have the horrible image of him ether trying to start a "Chris Candido" chant or yelling out inappropriate smarky bullshit. "That's what you get for working for TNA, am I right? Why are you crying? It's not like he was even that great of a worker"

^^^ That's somehow worse than anything I could think of. any screencaps of the post?

Double Edit: He didn't try to pose with the corpse, did he?

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 11, 2012

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I can't remember the exact wording, but he made this comment about him being at a show elevated it because the fans knew it must be good for him to be there.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Frot Lesnar posted:

He found out the address of the wake or funeral of Chris Candido and he showed up and started chatting it up with the grieving family and asking wrestlers to pose for pictures. Fans had specifically been asked to stay away (obviously). The only reason he wasn't thrown out was to avoid a scene. Then he posted about it.

Jesus Christ

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The first ROH show I ever went to live started with a gigantic gently caress YOU LANTERN chant from everyone in the crowd.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So as far as crashing funerals goes (Possibly generally being despised), GLF is now an equal and peer of Ian Rotten. Grats, man, you made it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

projecthalaxy posted:

So as far as crashing funerals goes (Possibly generally being despised), GLF is now an equal and peer of Ian Rotten. Grats, man, you made it.

It's actually quite amazing that GLF has never been punched out when at a ringside seat as I've heard a ton of wrestlers have discussed the idea.

I would have at least expected Sandman or someone to get drunk and, "miss" his singapore cane shot and smack him right in the mouth/watch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Both Homicide and Chris Hero have taken swings at him.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I still can't get over the fact GLF actually disrupted filming of The Wrestler. When the director tells you to be quiet during a scene you keep your loving trap shut. For all Aronofsky knew, Rourke could be giving the performance of a lifetime (if I recall the scene in question was the big emotional speech at the end of the film) ruined because one autistic manbaby had to cry out.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I've never heard of this green lantern fan before, how has he become so well know or was he just a poster on here ?