Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

IRQ posted:

The quality varies wildly.

The same website is responsible for that rather good documentary on black metal the infamous ".............. Satan." clip is from.

Actually that clip's from Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. But they did do a rather good extended profile on Ghaal (which is on Youtube).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Came across an interesting band called Frost Giant. They sound like a mix of everything from ~2002: melodic death/power metal and old school metalcore with harmonized folk metal choruses instead of gang shouts. It's pretty awesome.
http://www.stereokiller.com/frostgiant

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Post some god drat Power Metal y'all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flJRgjB7rQo

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
If I was a pacific northwest goon, I know what I'd be doing this weekend...

Duncan Doenitz
Nov 17, 2010

There are four lights.
I realize it's power/folk, but that DOES NOT CONCERN ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ59lALKTCg

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nothing wrong with Falconer.

BooDaa
Apr 15, 2004

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/07/when-black-metals-anti-religious-message-gets-turned-on-islam/259680/

Female Fronted Anti-Islam Black Metal anyone?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

man this rules, i'm mega jealous

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Get back to us when you've torched a few mosques, amateurs.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

I loving love this.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Awesome article

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Turk February posted:

So this just showed up in my e-mail:

Apparently its the singer from Gorgasm as the replacement vocalist. Lots of Chicago region here, Broken Hope, Jungle Rot(Kenosha is close enough and the bassist owns a bar in a chicago Suburb), and Encrust.

Encrust used to be called Hunters, cool seeing they are on a big tour now, but surprised cause they seem out of place on this line up...Good stuff live though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADqA2OihGw

Lots of unreadable logos this weekend at CIM

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 13, 2012

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Weaponized Cum posted:

Post some god drat Power Metal y'all

I like power metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQh854Bhaw

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Wyzt posted:

Lots of unreadable logos this weekend at CIM

This is a lie because I can read them all. I wish I was going to CIM this year. :(

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Turk February posted:

This is a lie because I can read them all. I wish I was going to CIM this year. :(

I can too but I love beating a dead horse with bad jokes.

EDIT: VVV hahah, its Genocaust

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 13, 2012

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I think that big one near the bottom says "GRAINEATER" but I was very disappointed that google turned up no results.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Fuuuuck me, revisiting Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun for the first time in a while and it's kicking my arse more than ever with a good amount of nostalgia to go with it. Must have been back in early high school years that I had this thing on repeat forever. Still amazing.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I am so pissed I have to close on the second night. I work like 2 blocks away from the venue too :(

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Wow. That takes serious loving balls right there. Nobody in Norway was looking at a loving mass beheading for anything they've done.

And the music ain't that bad either, for what it is. I'd imagine not many iraqi recording spaces would let them play. A little more bass to the guitar would go a long way

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

This is pretty good, but drat, the mixing blows.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
I don't believe that band is real. Janaza is using for "her" picture, a pic of a man's wife that he mocked up black metal style on an obscure blog. In one of the bands she claims to be in with other people (Seeds of Iblis), the picture of one of the musicians is lifted from the band Vulture Lord. The same character who is using an pic that is certainly not him in that band is in another band who use as their official band pic a reversed picture of Morke.

I know the argument is that these people are hiding their real identity, but why "release" pictures at all then? It's more likely a cash-in attempt based on the current situation in the east and it's questionable at best whether these people are based there at all.

And the music is terrible. Listen to Ayat or Al-Namrood instead.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

That's incredible. What a great thing for the empowerment of Iraqis.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord
I don't think I've had a WEAKLING FRIDAY since this iteration of the thread got started. So that's what my today is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU7EJNc6ipk

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

What the gently caress. A friend of mine is going to this gig.

loving Slayer and Motorhead on the same gig, and loving SLIPKNOT is the headliner?! :psyduck:

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Geisladisk posted:

loving Slayer and Motorhead on the same gig, and loving SLIPKNOT is the headliner?! :psyduck:

I caught an iteration of this a couple years ago, and the headliners (main stage) went Mushroomhead -> Slayer -> Marilyn Manson. Behemoth played to about 100 people, in the middle of the afternoon, in a parking lot. What the poo poo.

:psyduck:

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Mayhem Fest always gives top billing to the most marketable band. I don't mind, since then I can leave without waiting in traffic.

I have to say that with Slayer, Motorhead, and Anthrax, this is by far the best mainstage they've had. However, now that High on Fire pulled out, it is the worst side stage.

Xombie fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 13, 2012

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Geisladisk posted:

Yeah I was fired up for the show until I saw Slipknot headlining. Nobody I know will go because of it and I can't entirely disagree.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What's the one that looks like the Batman logo in between Dehumanized and Face of....... Demon in the third row?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I like when people post really good power metal like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5QUSmnUzo

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Tad Morose is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUlcpMGy-m8

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Crappers posted:

Fuuuuck me, revisiting Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun for the first time in a while and it's kicking my arse more than ever with a good amount of nostalgia to go with it. Must have been back in early high school years that I had this thing on repeat forever. Still amazing.

haha yeah man, that album reminds me of late high school circa 2001 or so. I'd wanted the album so bad after hearing the then-current Thy Black Destiny on the radio, and wandered into a 2nd hand store hoping they had the albums there. Bam, all three sitting there, along with a Zemial album I'd been wanting for ages too. That was a cool year.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

nomapple posted:

If you know what's good for you, don't miss Obituary! One of the best bands I saw at Hellfest. Their guitar tone was perfect, and I can't explain how heavy they are live. They're clearly loving it on stage at the moment as well.

Obituary is the AC/DC of metal; all their songs sound the same. Their show is cool for about 10 minutes.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Turk February posted:

Really? I don't think some of them have actual words in them.

What are the two bands to the right of "Dehumanized" and the ones under "Vaginal Bear Trap" and "Cardiac Arrest"?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Carl Seitan posted:

Really? I don't think some of them have actual words in them.

What are the two bands to the right of "Dehumanized" and the ones under "Vaginal Bear Trap" and "Cardiac Arrest"?
Face of Oblivion, Dysentery, Uncleansed, and I can't make out the one that looks like the Batman logo

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So here's a little preview of what's to come from Cryptopsy. I never even listened to The Unspoken King so I don't know how much of an improvement this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTvx9kNQEk

I've never really gotten into this band beyond None So Vile, but I'm glad I came across this because it reminded me of Rage Nucléaire, Lord Worm's current black metal-ish project. They've got two songs on their MySpace (how is this place still alive), both of which are surprisingly good.

http://www.myspace.com/ragenucleaire

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.
Compared to this? Sounds to me like it won't exactly be a return to form, but definitely on the right track. Most of the -core is gone (and no breakdown like the horrible one at :14 in that song I linked).

edit: actually, on second listen, I'm actually looking forward to hearing the album. Never thought I'd be able to say that about Cryptopsy again!

Optimum Gulps fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 14, 2012

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
So the new Cyptopsy might not suck?

gently caress me those are words I never expected to write or say unironically.

internetdrink
Mar 24, 2011

"May contain traces of nuts"

Optimum Gulps posted:

edit: actually, on second listen, I'm actually looking forward to hearing the album. Never thought I'd be able to say that about Cryptopsy again!

This. I'm so glad they ditched the keyboard.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
There's some cool stuff going on in that trailer, but man, the Neuraxis production is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RHTITE
Dec 26, 2008
Don't get your hopes up, friends. That Cryptopsy record is just gonna suck from another direction.