Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

Very Strange Things posted:

You're a loving prick.

What? Nothing about that sounded prickish to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.

mindphlux posted:

lol

emeraldcity alternate account spotted :siren: :siren:

That hurts, man.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Trying to compare having one child to the former standard of 3-4 children, where many house chores are vastly easier due to conveniences such as the dish washer or washing machine and then getting :smug: about it is pretty dickish.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Rurutia posted:

Trying to compare having one child to the former standard of 3-4 children, where many house chores are vastly easier due to conveniences such as the dish washer or washing machine and then getting :smug: about it is pretty dickish.

Well then it didn't come across right. I'm trying to say that having kids isn't a bleak pit of despair and that it can actually be fun.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Walk Away posted:

Well then it didn't come across right. I'm trying to say that having kids isn't a bleak pit of despair and that it can actually be fun.

You were replying to a post trying to give context as to why women might choose to go for 'time saving' food that we consider trash here when they have the knowledge and skill to put out amazing food. So yes, I'd say it came across wrong.

I'm not trying to say that I don't commiserate with dino.'s feeling of :sigh:, but it's possible to regret that they felt the need to do that while understanding the context which pushed them to that choice. Additionally, I didn't feel like CC's post was saying that these mothers were miserable.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 13, 2012

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Rurutia posted:

You were replying to a post trying to give context as to why women might choose to go for 'time saving' food that we consider trash here when they have the knowledge and skill to put out amazing food. So yes, I'd say it came across wrong.

I'm not trying to say that I don't commiserate with dino.'s feeling of :sigh:, but it's possible to regret that they felt the need to do that while understanding the context which pushed them to that choice. Additionally, I didn't feel like CC's post was saying that these mothers were miserable.

This is true; some moms don't really have a choice. You're probably right in that respect.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Sometimes you guys gets upset about stuff I simply don't understand...

Dino's regretting that his aunt, who's a great cook, has elected to discover the mysteries of the crock pot, because he likes her cooking.

CuddleChunks writes an awesome homage to the women of yore, who had hard choices and made them correctly.

Walk Away likes kids, and thinks that other people should be gifted with a rich experience like that, and that it is not as hard as some people make it out to be.

That was what I read...

I guess I am not looking hard enough to find the offensive, on the other hand... This should perhaps be seen in the context of political correctness, where everyone are understating whatever they mean, while the rest of the world takes great offense..

Also, why is a dick by definition a term for someone who is annoying or irrespective of others feelings? I mean, penis' are not always in the way, and they can be sensitive too.. A dick can bring joy to those in need of good dicking too..

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

I don't have kids and I'm grateful that I can spend 16 hours making ironic salad that I don't get to eat until 3am.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

I don't have kids and I'm grateful that I can spend 16 hours making ironic salad that I don't get to eat until 3am.

Then take a picture of it with instagram

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Under the assumption that a prick an a dick is the same, and is used interchangeably..

If a prick means a stick, then I am bewildered, and in need of education, on the other hand, I have made that kind of mistake before with 'cock sauce', by which I assumed sperm, and it was something entirely different and less pungent.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Completely ruined the meal too.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I didn't think Walk Away's post was in any way insulting. Maybe it was insulting to bad parents?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Maybe we can all get together and say that dicks are pretty cool, even if they look very silly when flaccid.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
And I don't understand the crockpot hate. I love my crockpot.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Also, I have never cooked with my mother, she tried it recently, and we have offered to get her cooking classes.

In our family the kitchen is the men's domain..

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
Geesh. I's just loving with her. Pointing out how smart and well-behaved your kids are seems like a big gently caress you to the other 99%.
Kind of like how people in California are always wondering why the rest of the world bitches about the weather so much.

FYI: Spotted Dick =/= Spotted Prick.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Very Strange Things posted:

Geesh. I's just loving with her. Pointing out how smart and well-behaved your kids are seems like a big gently caress you to the other 99%.
Kind of like how people in California are always wondering why the rest of the world bitches about the weather so much.

FYI: Spotted Dick =/= Spotted Prick.

keep back-pedaling, you know you're in the wrong here.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Yeah, crockpots are cool. I think they're looked down on as not being `serious' culinary gear because crockpot cookbooks tend to be anthologies of crimes against humanity. Committed in eight hours on low or four on high. Especially if they're one of those goddamn spiral-bound things that seem to be produced as if by spontaneous generation whenever you get enough whitebread dottering crones together---church groups, PTA groups, that kind of thing. Rotel and canned cream of mushroom, fair is foul, and foul is fair.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Crockpots used as :3 little braising robots are great. It's when they're used because people want to mash a bunch of quick and easy canned poo poo into a pot and come back 8h later to a fully cooked meal that they're bad.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
You have all offended me. :colbert:

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Why Rattle?

I actually really like you a lot, you have that mixture of sarcasm, realism and idealism that makes you come across as a person of substance.

I look forward to reading your posts like an old maid looks forward to opening her tray from meals on wheels to see if tonight, of all nights, should be sausage night (casing imperative).

You leave me wanting for more, and you make a decent meal too..

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Why Rattle?

I actually really like you a lot, you have that mixture of sarcasm, realism and idealism that makes you come across as a person of substance.

I look forward to reading your posts like an old maid looks forward to opening her tray from meals on wheels to see if tonight, of all nights, should be sausage night (casing imperative).

You leave me wanting for more, and you make a decent meal too..
I was joking, you oaf. You wrote that you couldn't see why people were offended, so I was responding to that. And thanks, HH!

It might be sausage night here too.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Errrynight sausage night when I get my pants off.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vegetable Melange posted:

Maybe we can all get together and say that dicks are pretty cool, even if they look very silly when flaccid.

well that's why you suck on em til they're hard again! God, plebes. :colbert:

Continuing saga of the accident. No word on the car other than it'll be about a week, parents got a rental for the time being and they're going to Pittsburgh to visit my 'aunt' on Sunday. Ticket paid, $130. Which is like, the same as my speeding ticket was last year. Crazy.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Walk Away posted:

That hurts, man.

im jus joshin :*

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Happy Hat - I like your reading best of all.

SubG posted:

Yeah, crockpots are cool. I think they're looked down on as not being `serious' culinary gear because crockpot cookbooks tend to be anthologies of crimes against humanity. Committed in eight hours on low or four on high. Especially if they're one of those goddamn spiral-bound things that seem to be produced as if by spontaneous generation whenever you get enough whitebread dottering crones together---church groups, PTA groups, that kind of thing. Rotel and canned cream of mushroom, fair is foul, and foul is fair.

Oh yeah, the Scottish play. I remember that!

"When shall we three meet again?
When four times the cock shall crow,
or twice four times if set to low."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Why is everyone so mean?! :qq:

But seriously, it seems like this past month people have been on edge. Y'all need to relax, have a drink, and say some nice things over the internet.

I'm warning you, with peace and love!

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

July is just lovely. Hot humid, the money sucks and people getting shot. Relax, and wear more linen. /imminent vacation mode.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
For a skinny little gay kid who grew up in far too many backwards towns, where every single one of his classmates knew that he was the resident fag from the time he was in middle school (long before he knew himself), who thought that he'd never have even an acquaintance, much less a friend, you guys make me feel like all that was worth it. Thanks for accepting me for who I am, unapologetically. You don't ask me to change. You don't laugh at me even though my flame does burn rather brightly. It really means a lot to me that I can know a group of people who really are intelligent, and interesting to be around, and over-all awesome, who actually /want/ to hang out with me too. :) What I'm saying is, thanks for being you.

Watching Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food, and getting really maudlin and lovey towards everyone, because I'm watching these folks have epiphanies. They're learning that food doesn't have to come from garbage food takeaway places. There are kids who are eating their parents's cooking for the first time ever, and enjoying it. There's real bloke-y types knocking up a lovely meal, and looking proud enough fit to burst. No matter how jaded I get over the years, watching that transformation always touches my heart at the very core, because it reminds me of the first time that my mum asked me to make a meal on my own. And that feeling of pride that I felt when everyone was praising my mum for the amazing food. Which, of course, she waited until all the praise hit a fever pitch, and announced, "All that praise should go to Dino. He's the one who made the entire thing." I love you, mother. <3

Lyssavirus
Oct 9, 2007
Symptoms include swelling of the brain (encephalitis), numbness, muscle weakness, coma, and death.
:3: Holy poo poo you're adorable, dino.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

dino. posted:

For a skinny little gay kid who grew up in far too many backwards towns, where every single one of his classmates knew that he was the resident fag from the time he was in middle school (long before he knew himself), who thought that he'd never have even an acquaintance, much less a friend, you guys make me feel like all that was worth it. Thanks for accepting me for who I am, unapologetically. You don't ask me to change. You don't laugh at me even though my flame does burn rather brightly. It really means a lot to me that I can know a group of people who really are intelligent, and interesting to be around, and over-all awesome, who actually /want/ to hang out with me too. :) What I'm saying is, thanks for being you.

Watching Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food, and getting really maudlin and lovey towards everyone, because I'm watching these folks have epiphanies. They're learning that food doesn't have to come from garbage food takeaway places. There are kids who are eating their parents's cooking for the first time ever, and enjoying it. There's real bloke-y types knocking up a lovely meal, and looking proud enough fit to burst. No matter how jaded I get over the years, watching that transformation always touches my heart at the very core, because it reminds me of the first time that my mum asked me to make a meal on my own. And that feeling of pride that I felt when everyone was praising my mum for the amazing food. Which, of course, she waited until all the praise hit a fever pitch, and announced, "All that praise should go to Dino. He's the one who made the entire thing." I love you, mother. <3

dino, you're the poo poo :3:. Thank you for being a friend. Pertinent for GWS, even!

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

dino. posted:

I don't post that much, but I feel this is an appropriate time to chime in and say you almost single-handedly changed my perception of vegans (for the better) and seem to be a pretty cool dude who can pull off some magical poo poo in the kitchen, and I would totally come eat at your restaurant if I ever go back to NYC :v:

The rest of you are pretty cool too. GWS is the best forum.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Lyssavirus posted:

:3: Holy poo poo you're adorable, dino.

:unsmith: Agreed.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

Halalelujah posted:

keep back-pedaling, you know you're in the wrong here.

Nope, pretty sure I was just loving around. I don't actually get pissed off about people having a great life; I'm just a really sardonic guy -but meant it ironically? Not sure why everyone's so maudlin all of a sudden.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Everyone in here needs to hug or have sex with each other. Dibbs on Happy Hat.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Walk Away posted:

Everyone in here needs to hug or have sex with each other. Dibbs on Happy Hat.

:3: I would hug everybody, but I'd hug dino first because that post is adorable.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I imagine GWScon would be nothing at all like the gooncon I went to years ago. That is, it would probably be mostly full of well adjusted people doing fun things together, as opposed to a bunch of neckbeards running around the strip shouting "internet" at each other.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Awwwww that's sweet. dino how much gin have you had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I imagine GWScon would be nothing at all like the gooncon I went to years ago. That is, it would probably be mostly full of well adjusted people doing fun things together, as opposed to a bunch of neckbeards running around the strip shouting "internet" at each other.

Hahaha, were you there too? I still have my GC2k5 shirt; in fact, I wore it yesterday to the gym. Yep, that was a weird trip.