Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Chillbro Swaggins posted:

anything that is wikipedia.org/wiki/dermo*.*  is prob not a good idea to click on imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

from a page about william gibson's books

quote:

Researcher Colin Laney, who has a mysterious ability to identify patterns in vast tracts of information, appears in All Tomorrow's Parties and is the main protagonist of Idoru. Another recurring character is Rei Toei, the "virtual idol" ("idoru" being a mistaken Japanese rendering of "idol" -- the correct Japanese is "aidoru"), an AI pop star.

it's not *ugh* "idoru", it's aidoru, uha aha aha aha *snort* obviously

literally burn all animes to the ground

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Several male users came out in support of the Middleton dress article—including Wales. The day after the wedding, Wales weighed in, contending that they should keep the article because of the dress’ presumable long-term effect on fashion. (In his comments, he drew the same parallel to Linux distributions. He likes that comparison a lot.) Furthermore, he said, they should have items on other famous dresses as well.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the most worthless sentence on wikipedia

Wikipedia posted:

Tsundere as a concept is not strictly limited to women, and is not strictly limited to manga or anime. The character Germany from the series Hetalia: Axis Powers is portrayed as being tsundere, and is paired with a "lovable loser", Italy. These characters represent their respective countries; thus the implication is that Germany, the country, is tsundere.[2]

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
John Buchan was could be considered tsundere towards Germany in his novel Greenmantle.

someone edit that into wikipedia

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

literally burn all animes to the ground

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Dixie Flatline posted:

John Buchan was could be considered tsundere towards Germany in his novel Greenmantle.

someone edit that into wikipedia

a good book

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/999_Perspective.png

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

catlady wikispergs UNITE!!!

no YOU shut the gently caress up mom

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok so like i started to read that and it's all "trying to eliminate discrimination against fat women in offices and schools and stuff" which is fair enough i guess

then i got here

quote:

According to Monica Persson, over 56 percent of obese or overweight women have answered that they have been treated disrespectfully by their physicians, and 46 percent view their physicians as uncomfortable with the women's weight. Fat feminists argue that the likelihood of women to experience discrimination increases proportionally with body size; women who are naturally larger than the norm would be forced into a cycle of spending more money on health care just to compensate for being overweight.

holy poo poo, you mean if you're huge and unrepentant your doctors get mad at you and your healthcare costs more? goddamn

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

ok so like i started to read that and it's all "trying to eliminate discrimination against fat women in offices and schools and stuff" which is fair enough i guess

then i got here

holy poo poo, you mean if you're huge and unrepentant your doctors get mad at you and your healthcare costs more? goddamn
I'm assuming their point is they get mad at women more than they do at men though

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
fat acceptance

lol please let that stay a fringe psycho group and never go mainstream

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

yea man im glad none of us yosposters is goin out w/ a FA advocate or anythign. god forbid

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I got in trouble from my boss for pointing out the glaring flaws in a fat acceptance argument on twitter

the argument was that it was a civil rights issue on par with blacks in the 1960s

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

i was perfectly fine not knowing this was a thing

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blackula69 posted:

I got in trouble from my boss for pointing out the glaring flaws in a fat acceptance argument on twitter

the argument was that it was a civil rights issue on par with blacks in the 1960s

Lmao gently caress this gay earth

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

do you do internet marketing for mcdonalds

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

nah he said "Watch the callouts, you represent the paper"

this was also after I complained that my bank charges $2.50 for individual cheques but they loaned a dog murderer $6 million to fund his interstate dog-fighting ring

e: sorry, $2.5 million

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

amf5 posted:

i was perfectly fine not knowing this was a thing

having a wikipedia page does not make something a thing

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Cultural impact of the Guitar Hero series

3972 words excluding references

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

nah he said "Watch the callouts, you represent the paper"

this was also after I complained that my bank charges $2.50 for individual cheques but they loaned a dog murderer $6 million to fund his interstate dog-fighting ring

e: sorry, $2.5 million

thats wierd as hell. who the heck uses checks??? (also checks are like $10 for enough to last you 10 years)

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

ahahaha paying for cheques wtf

banks ftw

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Shaggar posted:

who the heck uses checks???

theyre an easy way to give people money in person or in an envelope without giving them a handful of cash or asking for their bank account info????

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
cheques are for olds to snail mail

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
"snail mail" is a loving stupid phrase but i couldn't say 'post' because you'd get all confused

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

thats wierd as hell. who the heck uses checks??? (also checks are like $10 for enough to last you 10 years)

paying my rent/personal trainer. that's it, checks are retarded but banking in Canada is total bullshit

also my bank participated in the market-wide manipulation of the Libor rate so fuuuuuck those guys

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Rufo posted:

yea man im glad none of us yosposters is goin out w/ a FA advocate or anythign. god forbid

yeah my wife must be FA i mean she married me and i'm pretty porky

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Dixie Flatline posted:

"snail mail" is a loving stupid phrase but i couldn't say 'post' because you'd get all confused

you could have just said mail, it would have been ok

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat_in_popular_culture

close the thread. :smug:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

links to this so its not all bad: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/113/the-story-of-schroedingers-cat-an-epic-poem

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

every time i learn what tsundere means i forget it within 10 minutes. its like my brain is recognizing it as worthless knowledge and rejecting it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"a typical example of a tsundere character"

helpful

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Dixie Flatline posted:

post cool checks and the yosposest checks you got

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

(dont actually do this ffs)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

and by this i mean post

anything

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dixie Flatline posted:

snail mail is an accurate and descriptive term for postal mail.

.DAT Azz
Jan 8, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
no it isn't it deals with actual physical items rather than just letters and i'll have you know it can be quite fast in that regard

because i live in a small country

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
snail is good b/c snails are slow and not reliable for letter/package delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i see snails squished on teh sidewalk on my way to work

it's probably a metaphor or something