Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

My mom got a gift from her sister of a bunch of home-made marrow treats for cats. Cat would go nuts for it.

marrow tastes good, y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Ronald Raiden posted:

my cat likes these things and basically any people meat I eat. And I give her some of any people meat I eat. I don't do cat treats though, but I think I more than compensate for that.

what do people taste like?

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

Air Force Bake Sale
Aug 19, 2005

good lookin cat

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

"CNN posted:

(CNN) -- Not many mayors in the United States enjoy belly rubs from their constituents. Then again, most mayors don't prance around town naked and curl up for naps in front of local businesses.
For 15 years, Stubbs the cat has held the top office in Talkeetna, Alaska. And his approval ratings have never been higher.
"He doesn't raise our taxes -- we have no sales tax. He doesn't interfere with business. He's honest," said Lauri Stec, manager of Nagley's General Store, which doubles as the mayor's office.
Stubbs may be the only mayor in the country who rose to office as an infant.
"He was in a box full of kittens in the front of the store, and (the owners) were giving them away," Stec said. She picked "Stubbs" because he had no tail.
Soon afterward, residents weren't happy with any of the human candidates in the upcoming mayoral election and voted for Stubbs as a write-in candidate. The kitten won.

Because Talkeetna is a "historical district," the mayoral post is more symbolic than functional, said Andi Manning, president of the Talkeetna Chamber of Commerce. So most residents are fine with a four-legged feline running the show.

Mayor Stubbs of Talkeetna, Alaska, drinks water with catnip from a wine glass.
But the power, apparently, has gotten to Stubbs' furry head.
"All throughout the day I have to take care of the mayor. He's very demanding," said Skye Farrar, a clerk at Nagley's. "He meowed and meowed and meowed and demanded to be picked up and put on the counter. And he demanded to be taken away from the tourists. Then he had his long, afternoon nap."

In addition, the mayor will only drink water from a wine glass that has catnip in it, Stec added.
But most everyone is willing to put up with the mayor's high-maintenance lifestyle, especially because he's a big tourist attraction for the community of about 800 human beings.
Manning said the mayor frequently draws dozens of tourists who are en route to other Alaska destinations such as Mount McKinley.
And as of late Monday night, the Mayor Stubbs Facebook page had well over 6,000 subscribers.
He doesn't interfere with business. He's honest
Lauri Stec, manager of Nagley's General Store
But Stubbs remains true to his community, often showing up in local businesses -- albeit unexpectedly.
"When my building burned down in 2002, he was the last to come out of it," said Todd Basilone, owner of Mountain High Pizza Pie in Talkeetna. "He's always in the restaurant. Stubbs wanders into every place in town."
Even though dogs run loose and outnumber people in Talkeetna, he said, the canines seem to respect Stubbs' authority.
"I've never seen a dog mess with him," Basilone said.
Though the mayor generally receives positive reviews for his laissez-faire politics, he is guilty of frequently sleeping on the job.
"His biggest political rivals would be other local businesses that would hate that he comes over and takes a nap and leaves fur everywhere. They aren't big fans of him," Farrar said. "We usually say, 'You have to deal with it. He runs the town.'"

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

fukken awesome

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

most of one anyway

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
"He doesn't raise our taxes -- we have no sales tax. He doesn't interfere with business. He's honest," said Lauri Stec, manager of Nagley's General Store, which doubles as the mayor's office.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Trig Discipline posted:

most of one anyway

yeah we were pretty amazed that she shoved her whole head and front arms into that small box.

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswjnsY9EJM
featuring shameful android phone

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

yeah we were pretty amazed that she shoved her whole head and front arms into that small box.

got stuck halfway to narnia :(

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I'm starting to think Reuben used to be someone's little prince; I opened a can of cat food to give them a treat (we got them when the kitten was here and wanted to get them et before they went bad) and he came FLYING from the other room and started running figure eights around my legs, mewing

He's never done this before or since. He knew that cat food was imminent in a way I have never seen him know anything

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

tahts a good cat

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

cat stuff is harder than it looks

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
adoption update: picked out some cats at the shelter and gonna pick those idiots up today. i will literally poo poo cellphone pictures on this trhead tonight

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nice!

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

It begins again...

She knocked the box crooked playing in it earlier.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

doing that for my catte tonight while I drink a fine red

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol ralph and frank are putting my mom in her place

mom's all "get off my table dammit" and ralph's all "you can't just OWN a table maaaaan"

Boner Slam
May 9, 2005
my catte

She is the most insane catte I ever had

spoiler alert the mouse died sorry

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Trig Discipline posted:

lol ralph and frank are putting my mom in her place

mom's all "get off my table dammit" and ralph's all "you can't just OWN a table maaaaan"

cats.txt

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

mackerel tabby's are just always crazy loving mouse-destroyers for some reason

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
im looking forward to my gf trying to handle esteban. shes one of those 'no cats on the counters/tables/beds' type people, and welp, esteban can jump to the top of a refrigerator without really trying so...

he can also open cabinets and close them behind him to hide in and surprise you.

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

s u r p r i s e

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

dunkman posted:

im looking forward to my gf trying to handle esteban. shes one of those 'no cats on the counters/tables/beds' type people, and welp, esteban can jump to the top of a refrigerator without really trying so...

he can also open cabinets and close them behind him to hide in and surprise you.

Is it Thursday yet?

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.

CaptainMeatpants
Jun 1, 2010

My Boss Is A Shark
Jun 2, 2011

Okay. I'm hired.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

ribcatte

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
same

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

nice lookin tips and "i just pooped" face.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Roosevelt what are you doing there on the window with your tail up in the air like a silly catte??

GFY

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

just about right.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Current Daisy status:

This catte is weird she doesn't want anything to do with me all day but I get into bed and she can't stay away.

Feel the love.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 18, 2012

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

quote:

A 100-pound male mountain lion rests in a cage at the Serrano Animal and Bird Hospital in Lake Forest. The young cat was trapped near the Serrano Cow Trail in Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park in Orange County.

i was just hiking there last weekend. saw 4 deer but no mountain kitties

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

i was just hiking there last weekend. saw 4 deer but no mountain kitties

this cat just needs some tuna and scritches I will adopt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Awww, he scared. He needs a hug.