Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

meatpimp posted:

This. That's brutal, do you have a full cage under the top?

No cage, no bars of any sort lol. That's why it only runs on track rentals or 1/8th mile tracks. I have the stock half shafts in now vs the billet ones I had. Allows me to have ABS and bigger brakes on the car. I had another viper before this one, that was caged and went 5.80's in the 1/8th on a 20" nitto invo street tire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2Uzq45R2k

That one has been 7.80's at over 180 mph before. I only ran it in street tire setup. Car would run 8's on a 20" street tire. It is the same setup as the convertible. The difference being the convertible has slightly better heads and custom intake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

economic haircut
Jul 5, 2008

primaforce posted:

1.4 60ft. 5.55@135 1/8 mile 8.57@157.9 1/4 mile

530", Striker Race Heads, 2 76mm turbo's, custom intake, billet everything, etc, etc

Good God... you are a maniac

I wonder at what speed the soft top would disintegrates?

I'm just a chump in this company

(pre-wrap)

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003
Don' say we neva did nuthin fah yuz.

primaforce posted:

Absolute bad rear end car. The mid 60's lincoln will always be an iconic car. Awesome that you got it back up and running again. Being able to work on your own stuff makes it 10x more gratifying. What's the most common comment you get when driving it? Wouldn't surprise me if people have no idea about suicide doors.

The most common comment is usually something along the lines of "nice car", or "holy poo poo!" The most common dumb comment is by far "did you cusomize the doors yourself?" People just won't believe that the car is almost completely stock.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

economic haircut posted:

Good God... you are a maniac

I wonder at what speed the soft top would disintegrates?

I'm just a chump in this company

(pre-wrap)

There is something to be said for less modifications. As with any car that has major mods, there comes major babysitting. I just put a pectel unit on the car as it was eating AEM's for lunch. AEM has no parts for their boxes, so you're SCREWED. As you can imagine, that upgrade wasn't cheap. I'm lucky I haven't been killed in the car, given some of the things I've done.

I want something different. I'm looking at an R8 and doing it similar. It's a lambo platform in a more luxurious interior. I'm not interested in setting records anymore. Just want something I can outrun bikes with on the local interstate.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

primaforce posted:

Just want something I can outrun bikes with on the local interstate.

That car is a monster.

Having said that, please...please...please don't do anything of the sort as described above. You will not find an audience here. At all.

9axle
Sep 6, 2009

primaforce posted:

Just want something I can outrun bikes with on the local interstate.

A worthy goal. Life is meant to be lived.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
Frame of reference. In the same way I reference how much power the car makes at times, doesn't mean I've ever ran it at full load (I haven't). It's no different than having an insane stereo system. You just want to have the ability, regardless of what you'll use.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
Just picked this up today. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but the custom idea's are literally endless. It's a mid 50's mail truck. Really short wheelbase, only 96"! Thing is almost 8' tall haha. Can't wait to figure out what to do with it:

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
That is awesome. I am totally jealous.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

primaforce posted:

Just picked this up today. No idea what I'm going to do with it, but the custom idea's are literally endless. It's a mid 50's mail truck. Really short wheelbase, only 96"! Thing is almost 8' tall haha. Can't wait to figure out what to do with it:

That is loving awesome. I've seen a lot of cars, and that's up there with my all time favorites now.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

primaforce posted:

Drive the hell out of it just like that. It's awesome as it is.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
That mail van is so cool, it needs it's own thread.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I see it's a Dodge, but what is the name of the model? (If there even is one?) Whatever it is, I'm echoing the sentiments that it loving owns.

uRizen
Apr 19, 2012

I took rotary pictures near that very spot 7 years ago shortly after buying my FC. I now declare it hollowed rotary ground.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Hollowed?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

It's where the apex seal used to be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TooLShack posted:

That mail van is so cool, it needs it's own thread.

Agreed, make a thread! Lots of pictures!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I'm on the road again!

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012

MiniFoo posted:

I see it's a Dodge, but what is the name of the model? (If there even is one?) Whatever it is, I'm echoing the sentiments that it loving owns.

There isn't a lot of information out there. There were two coach builders that did these for dodge from what I understand. One used a push button, the other didn't. This one didn't. Leaving it stock isn't really an option. I want to make it safe to drive at highway speed. With something this short and tall, that can present problems. Luckily it isn't a unibody design like mopar had in later years. We'll lift the body off at some point during the winter and see what we can do. The nose is an actual dodge truck, so there is plenty of room. I may put a 5.7 hemi in it. I have to see if the transmission will fit as it's a tight fit already. We could do an OD unit, which would allow it to get at least high teen's on gas given its brick shape. I did this on a 70 cuda and we get 25mpg with it. You actually access the motor from the inside. Look at the two doors on the inside, that's how you access the motor lol:

Inside the back:

Obviously you could go a million directions with this thing. I need to get the official height so I can see what I'm dealing with. If I can't make it safe at speed, then I'll need to chop the top to get it in a trailer. Either way, this will take months to figure out. I doubt I'll even touch it for 6 months. It will take that long to come up with a proper design, gather all the parts and go from there. I won't start a project unless I have 90% of what I need from the start. Mopars aren't like fords/gm, parts aren't always easy to get or in stock. I appreciate all the comments, it arrives at the shop today!

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

I think he meant hallowed. Easy mistake.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I haven't posted in this thread with my most recent aquisition!

2000 BMW 540i 6-speed.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Just plasti-dip'd the wheels last night, thought it turned out well.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

XCPuff posted:

What was the prep stage like? How many layers did you apply? Looking good by the way.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
My neighbor did the same, Black wheels on a red GTO. He went one step further with red pinstripes on the wheel spokes. It actually looks really good.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Before 142MPH on the Bonneville Salt Flats

After 142MPH on the Bonneville Salt Flats

It felt like it wanted to go faster, but maintaining traction was hard since it had rained the day before and it was still pretty wet on the speedway. Still tons of fun though.

Took it through a car wash 20 minutes after, then hand washed and waxed it with a thorough undercarriage and engine bay cleaning. Salt EVERYWHERE.

Cancelbot
Nov 22, 2006

Canceling spam since 1928

Replaced the old J-Body with this!

SEAT Ibiza 1.6 TDI. 17 Miles on the clock and 67 imperial MPG. I like the dials very much - the car ain't bad looking either.

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

travisray2004 posted:

What was the prep stage like? How many layers did you apply? Looking good by the way.

For prep I bought some PB blaster and some other fancy wheel cleaner and let that soak for a couple minutes before washing each one down. I put on 4 layers.

Thanks!

_firehawk posted:

My neighbor did the same, Black wheels on a red GTO. He went one step further with red pinstripes on the wheel spokes. It actually looks really good.

I'm gonna need to look into the pin stripes, sounds cool.

charliebravo77 posted:

Before 142MPH on the Bonneville Salt Flats

It felt like it wanted to go faster, but maintaining traction was hard since it had rained the day before and it was still pretty wet on the speedway. Still tons of fun though.

Took it through a car wash 20 minutes after, then hand washed and waxed it with a thorough undercarriage and engine bay cleaning. Salt EVERYWHERE.

That's pretty awesome, but my god the salt...

:frogsiren:

You loving happy now that I fixed my mistake?

XCPuff fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 18, 2012

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
that's salt, not sand... it's why they call it the salt flats.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

XCPuff posted:

I plasti-dipped my BMW 135 style wheels a few months ago and I get compliments on them all the time. I kinda chuckle since I have a few knicks on them at this point too.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

primaforce posted:

There isn't a lot of information out there. There were two coach builders that did these for dodge from what I understand. One used a push button, the other didn't. This one didn't. Leaving it stock isn't really an option. I want to make it safe to drive at highway speed. With something this short and tall, that can present problems. Luckily it isn't a unibody design like mopar had in later years. We'll lift the body off at some point during the winter and see what we can do. The nose is an actual dodge truck, so there is plenty of room. I may put a 5.7 hemi in it. I have to see if the transmission will fit as it's a tight fit already. We could do an OD unit, which would allow it to get at least high teen's on gas given its brick shape. I did this on a 70 cuda and we get 25mpg with it. You actually access the motor from the inside. Look at the two doors on the inside, that's how you access the motor lol:

It would be interesting to know how these were built. The roof and parts of the rear section look they might be from a panel truck. Was the coachbuilder buying panel trucks from Dodge, cutting them apart and them putting them back together in a new configuration? Seems like an inefficient way of manufacturing something that I imagine was made in fairly big numbers.

primaforce
Jul 1, 2012
I tend to believe they were produced in small numbers, for some of the reasons you mention. Mass producing a right hand drive vehicle, with non traditional parts, couldn't have been an efficient process. I believe it was built by Twin-Coach builders in Ohio. They kept the same style, as I understand it, for 3 years. I imagine any production numbers will be tied to a 3 year run vs year to year. I'd be shocked if more than 200 or so were built a year, just due to the unique nature of them. Record keeping would fall on the coach builder and from what I've seen so far, there is very little information out there.

Balassvar
Dec 6, 2011
My current ride. '00 Camaro Z28, 350 w/ 6sp manual and every option available. No mods yet, not changing anything till its completely paid off.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Back in April we ordered this car as a 2012. We got it as a 2013. It's the Titanium trim (highest; was previously known as SES). Heated white leather seats, Ford Sync which gives us bluetooth and USB/ipod support, fancy ambient lighting, and some other perks.

I'm on Ford's X-plan so the cost of the car came in at just about $19k even.

It's really perfectly sized for us (I can actually sit comfortably behind myself and I'm 5'11") and the hatch portion is quite big. It's a blast to drive and I think it looks fantastic.

And as we all know, it can outrun baddies in a Corvette in a shopping mall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love those seats.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Those seats look amazing and that is quite a handsome interior.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Balassvar posted:

My current ride. '00 Camaro Z28, 350 w/ 6sp manual

You mean 346 right?

XCPuff posted:

I'm gonna need to look into the pin stripes, sounds cool.

I got a quick cell phone pic of it tonight. But you get the picture. These wheels are painted and not plasti-dipped.

Balassvar
Dec 6, 2011

_firehawk posted:

You mean 346 right?

Yes, a 5.7L (which in actuality is a 346) which is commonly referred to as "the 350". Im used to talking to people that dont know or care about the difference, so ive consigned myself to using the layman name for the motor. It bled over here.

I get asked on almost a daily basis, "Hey man, that thing got a 350 in it?". I got tired of the blank stares as i tried to explain the difference.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Doesn't everyone just call it by its RPO? People call the entire LS-derived family "LS1" even if it's not, strange that they call an actual LS1 "the 350" as if it's the same as the gen1 motors.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

I like how the 7 on your tach looks like a question mark. It's like it has its own ludicrous speed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Those seats look amazing and that is quite a handsome interior.

That interior is deformed and hilarious beyond words.

Seriously, what is with Asian manufacturers making gauge clusters and dash panels terribly deformed?