Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I can't remember what I sent you. Hope you liked it! :buddy:

I did! There were word searches, a card, a little Canadian toothpick flag, stickers, and Canadian 1c stamps and things. I put some of it on my calendar with the AMERICA themed stickers I got from Lamb earlier in the month. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Mizufusion posted:

I did! There were word searches, a card, a little Canadian toothpick flag, stickers, and Canadian 1c stamps and things. I put some of it on my calendar with the AMERICA themed stickers I got from Lamb earlier in the month. :3:

Oh yeah, that was my Victoria Day stuff... :canada:

I can't think of any holidays for August. We should make something up.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh yeah, that was my Victoria Day stuff... :canada:

I can't think of any holidays for August. We should make something up.

Agreed. Based on the response to potential cat mailings in the past, I vote something with a cat theme! This IS the internet, after all! :catstare:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Kitties make me sneeze. :smith:

Also, I think the only cat-themed stationery I have are some "with sympathy" cards. Sending someone one of those could be funny, but also really not, if you send it to the wrong person. :ohdear:

I think August should be international "mail out all the extra cards from the last few holidays" month. I still have a ton of Christmas and Valentines stuff, including some cards for international goons that I forgot to mail.. They're sealed and addressed, but they fell behind the nightstand and sat there for a few months.

Edit! August sounds like a good month for vacation post cards too! Or postcards from wherever you live, or would like to be, or something.. I'm planning to take a vacation, but it's still up in the air whether or not I'll be able to go, so you guys will either get scenic New Orleans postcards, or more postcards from places in California I've been to. I think so far I've sent out cards from San Francisco, Berkeley, and Disneyland. I'll have to find some from Mountain View or San Jose, or something. Maybe I'll make some.

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 9, 2012

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Mizufusion posted:

Kitties make me sneeze. :smith:

Also, I think the only cat-themed stationery I have are some "with sympathy" cards. Sending someone one of those could be funny, but also really not, if you send it to the wrong person. :ohdear:

Sign me up for a "With Sympathy On Your Crappy Job." card. :p

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Sign me up for a "With Sympathy On Your Crappy Job." card. :p

Okay, but when it gets there, remember that you asked for this. :colbert:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Mizufusion posted:

Okay, but when it gets there, remember that you asked for this. :colbert:

Should I be concerned? :p

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Got an awesome postcard from the Florida aquarium from thepitgoddess! I couldn't figure out who it was from at first, so I had to match the address on the envelope with the address list on the thread. :buddy: That was fun!

Thank you! The postcard is awesome. And my fiance loves turtles, so I'm sure he's gonna steal the keychain.

My collection of things from around the world is rapidly growing, and I haven't even traveled anywhere!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Mizufusion posted:

I think August should be international "mail out all the extra cards from the last few holidays" month. I still have a ton of Christmas and Valentines stuff, including some cards for international goons that I forgot to mail.. They're sealed and addressed, but they fell behind the nightstand and sat there for a few months.

Sounds like a good idea to me! Actually... I kind of did that a little while ago, but I'm sure I still have other holiday-specific cards laying about.

I keep seeing tonnes of IT'S A GIRL cards and Wedding invitations on sale everywhere, but I don't think anyone here meets the requirements. Maybe I should send out some "It's You're A Girl!" cards...

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

"It's You're A Girl!"

I love this idea. So. So. Much.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Should I be concerned? :p

Only if you're easily offended by tacky cards.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I keep seeing tonnes of IT'S A GIRL cards and Wedding invitations on sale everywhere, but I don't think anyone here meets the requirements. Maybe I should send out some "It's You're A Girl!" cards...

I like it. I have a couple packs of awful 40th birthday invites. No one I know is turning 40, but I got them for free so I'm sending them out.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
I've been out of this thread forever, but Lamb sent me a heap of USA stuff the other day. Thanks Lamb - returning the favour very soon x

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Got this from Famine Poodle:

Thanks!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
First off I'd like to apologize for being very late with this. Things have been pretty lovely for me these last couple of weeks so haven't really been on the forums as of late, however I must thank those that sent me mail!

Team Lunch!!! That octopus drawing is amazing, I LOVE it! Seriously, when I saw that it was fantastic and really made my day. And as for sending you a shark connect the dot I did that on purpose since your first post said you loved them :3:

Genesplicer, thank you for the NASA postcard. Wasn't sure if I was on your list to receive one but I was glad I did. It was neat, thanks! :)

And as always, Lamb you are amazing! A bunch of stuff for the fourth of july, and I love that you stuck in a Canadian postcard and put "Hello Canada" on it.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive! Goon mail is the best way to brighten a day!

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I got more cool goonmail from lamb a few days ago. Thanks a lot!

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
Soooooo, I used to be on the list but I am sure that I am off of it now. but I just wanted to share the news that I am ENGAGED!!! Fellow goon, TheFuglyStick and I have decided that we dislike each less than we dislike other people so we have decided to get hitched!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

Soooooo, I used to be on the list but I am sure that I am off of it now. but I just wanted to share the news that I am ENGAGED!!! Fellow goon, TheFuglyStick and I have decided that we dislike each less than we dislike other people so we have decided to get hitched!

YES! Congratulations, that's the coolest. Post your address again, I wanna send you stuff now. I just got engaged too, so I think we can commiserate.

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

YES! Congratulations, that's the coolest. Post your address again, I wanna send you stuff now. I just got engaged too, so I think we can commiserate.

2642 Carden Rd
Glasgow,KY 42141

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you lamb for the USA-themed mail!

I'll be out of town for a couple weeks starting tomorrow, but I will respond to anything I get when I get back

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
I got 13Pandora13's lovely and (well traveled!)Finalnd postcard right before I left the state:

Thank you! :3:

I found a neat 'how to draw' type book and have sent out 4 cards with drawings today- probably will work on more this evening. Requests are welcome!

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I am still enjoying the crap outta your card. Thinking of making some address labels with that puppy on them... :buddy:
I would be the happiest goon ever if I got a card from you with that puppy address label! Go for it! :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I just found a pile of goonmail under a big mess on my desk! I forgot to mail it! Sorry, goons. I'll mail it tomorrow morning along with the bunch I'm working on now.

Is it just me, or are our numbers dwindling? I just see the same few (wonderful) people posting in the last few pages. :saddowns:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I just found a pile of goonmail under a big mess on my desk! I forgot to mail it! Sorry, goons. I'll mail it tomorrow morning along with the bunch I'm working on now.

Is it just me, or are our numbers dwindling? I just see the same few (wonderful) people posting in the last few pages. :saddowns:

I am still thinking of you guys! I just can't send anything yet, I have way too many things going on in my life right now. But please don't dwindle more, I'm hoping to be able to hop back in once things are settled down a bit. I got some mail a month or so ago and I was remiss in not thanking, I'm sorry. Thank you :)

Wait till I can catch up and send stuff, I don't want to get stuff without being able to reciprocate.

I think this is a busy time of year for a lot of people, summer and all that.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I have about 40 of my postcards ready to go out. All I have to do is address them. I also have to thank some folks for their letters to me.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I wouldn't worry, things usually slow down in the summer. Around October there will be a million people in here, I promise. As long as the few of us keep sending stuff thread will live.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
According to the internet, August third is International Watermelon Day, the tenth is International S'mores Day, and the thirteenth is Left Hander's Day. (I may have mixed up my 'nationals' and 'internationals' there, but who cares!)

Cards shaped like watermelons, written with your left hand while the right hand crams your face with s'mores? August is my kinda month!

Edit: 18 bits of goonlove all stamped and heading out tomorrow!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 23, 2012

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

A super huge (and a little late) THANKS to lamb for the awesome patriotic envelope!! :911: It's always an adventure getting mail from you with all the little fun things in the envelope!!

Another huge thanks to Thermophonic Joy for an excellent Victoria Day envelope of goodies and a neat postcard!! :dance:

And finally, miryei, THOSE ORIGAMI DINOSAURS/BIRDS WERE SO COOL! I got the card right before work, so I brought them to work and put them up all over my desk. :buddy:

With school on the near horizon again, I'm prepping one last, big mail out before I have to revert back to smaller mailings. (SPOILER ALERT: It's either going to be cats or tacky Nebraska postcards, so if you have a preference, now would be the time to speak up!)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Niemat posted:

A super huge (and a little late) THANKS to lamb for the awesome patriotic envelope!! :911: It's always an adventure getting mail from you with all the little fun things in the envelope!!

Another huge thanks to Thermophonic Joy for an excellent Victoria Day envelope of goodies and a neat postcard!! :dance:

And finally, miryei, THOSE ORIGAMI DINOSAURS/BIRDS WERE SO COOL! I got the card right before work, so I brought them to work and put them up all over my desk. :buddy:

With school on the near horizon again, I'm prepping one last, big mail out before I have to revert back to smaller mailings. (SPOILER ALERT: It's either going to be cats or tacky Nebraska postcards, so if you have a preference, now would be the time to speak up!)

You're welcome! And if I'm on your list, I'm putting in dibs on a catvelope. :catstare:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Cats of course please! :3:

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
I was born in Lincoln and my Parents are UNL alumni so could I get one of those?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Rickycat posted:

I was born in Lincoln and my Parents are UNL alumni so could I get one of those?

Unfortunately, I don't have any Lincoln or UNL ones--I'm in Omaha, so it'd be a tacky generic NE postcard... Would you be interested in one like that?

Thermophonic Joy and cardboardRobot, you'll have some cat mail on the way soon!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Most definitely. Thank you!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Niemat posted:

Thermophonic Joy and cardboardRobot, you'll have some cat mail on the way soon!

Awesome! :dance: Thank you.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Yay cat mail! :3: I could definitely use some cheering up with all the crap that's going on in my life right now. Thanks in advance.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Mizufusion thank you for the awesome card/drawing/stickers! Made my day!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Belated thanks to Lamb for the patriotic goodies! A tiny red white and blue umbrella adorns my monitor. Yay!

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Team Lunch, I sent you a thing in June, and it just got returned to me. Turns out I wrote your address wrong :ohdear:

ALSO, I found http://samsungsharegreatmoments.touchnote.com/ which is free this month, which I want to use to send postcards to all you foreign goons without it being prohibitively expensive. :D

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Hey guys! Guess what? I'm moving soon! Soon I'll be getting mail at my new address. Oh happy day!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Hey guys! Guess what? I'm moving soon! Soon I'll be getting mail at my new address. Oh happy day!

I hope you're moving somewhere exciting! Like Disneyland! Or Mars!! :allears:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I hope you're moving somewhere exciting! Like Disneyland! Or Mars!! :allears:

Well it's my very own place and will have an office where I can do art...so maybe more hand drawn mail will go out in the not too distant future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

cuntvalet posted:

Mizufusion thank you for the awesome card/drawing/stickers! Made my day!

Glad you liked it! :D

miryei posted:

ALSO, I found http://samsungsharegreatmoments.touchnote.com/ which is free this month, which I want to use to send postcards to all you foreign goons without it being prohibitively expensive. :D

This is awesome! :aaa:

I've already sent out cards for a couple Canada goons, and some for my mom and sister since their birthdays are this week. (Don't worry, I'm sending them other things too, but I couldn't pass up customized cards!) I'm going to keep sending cards throughout the month with this thing!