Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

...! posted:

OK, I really, really don't get Sickbeard. It tells SABNZBD to download stuff, does not move or rename it at all even though I've told it to, and now it's having SABNZBD redownload stuff it just downloaded for no apparent reason. This is a mess.

Edit: It's actually downloaded several shows three times tonight. gently caress Sickbeard, I guess I'm just going to have to keep doing this poo poo manually. :sigh:

did you add the postprocessing script to sab and tell sab to use it for the tv category?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
You are doing it wrong.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Well, since Sickbeard won't rename the files the way I need them to be named (and the renaming is the time-consuming part), it's pretty much pointless to me anyway. I don't have (can't afford) an HTPC. Everything is streamed from my computer to my PS3 through PS3 Media Server. What my PS3 sees is the Windows file structure on my computer. Believe me, I've searched long and hard for a different way of doing it but there really isn't one. That's why I need the files named a certain way.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
So.. use a different / modify / create your own post-processing scripts. It'll do drat near anything you tell it to.

How exactly do you need them to be renamed?

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 19, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

...! posted:

Well, since Sickbeard won't rename the files the way I need them to be named (and the renaming is the time-consuming part), it's pretty much pointless to me anyway. I don't have (can't afford) an HTPC. Everything is streamed from my computer to my PS3 through PS3 Media Server. What my PS3 sees is the Windows file structure on my computer. Believe me, I've searched long and hard for a different way of doing it but there really isn't one. That's why I need the files named a certain way.

I don't know what is "needed" in this case. From what it sounds like, it's just what you desire.

I got Sickbeard getting stuff for me and the 1x05 format works just fine streaming to my PS3. I may have missed it above, but was there a reason you wanted them formatted/named a certain way? Or was it just because that's what you want?

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Getting a test page from nzbs.org hope they're ok!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

So I decided to give it one more try and followed the directions on that link to the letter. This is what I now get: "You’re trying to post process an episode that’s already been moved to its show dir"

It most certainly has not been moved to its "show dir." :mad:

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

...! posted:

So I decided to give it one more try and followed the directions on that link to the letter. This is what I now get: "You’re trying to post process an episode that’s already been moved to its show dir"

It most certainly has not been moved to its "show dir." :mad:

Personally, I have SABnzbd download TV shows using categories to a folder named, say....

E:\TV\Unsorted

I set Sickbeard to use that as the Post Processing folder (I don't touch the whole script your add to sabnzbd or whatever). So SABnzbd downloads the file and sticks it in E:\TV\Unsorted

Then, my shows are added into Sickbeard in a similiar location.

E:\TV\Show Name

Sickbeard will automatically check for anything in Unsorted, see if it is from a show I have in the library and process the file, renaming it to my naming convention and sticking it like...

E:\TV\Show Name\Season 01\Show Name - 01x01.mkv

I don't know how you have yours setup but if you provide some more pertinent information, such as the TV Show folder location and name and the post processing folder location and name, etc etc... that would be nice.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
What directory structure are you trying to use? Setup a TV category in SABnzbd. Point its directory to something like C:\tv\unsorted. Change the post processing script to reflect your info and make sure its enabled in SABnzbd for that category you just setup. Don't set a download directory in Sickbeard, leave it blank.

edit: beaten

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ingram posted:

Getting a test page from nzbs.org hope they're ok!

They just didn't set up their DirectoryIndex correctly (and/or left the default index.htm in place). Any deep links work fine, just the root index gives you the test page.

http://www.nzbs.org/index.php will get you what you want.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

wolrah posted:

They just didn't set up their DirectoryIndex correctly (and/or left the default index.htm in place). Any deep links work fine, just the root index gives you the test page.

http://www.nzbs.org/index.php will get you what you want.

This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://www.nzbs.org/index.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
How can I use CouchPotato to properly sort movies into two different directories? I have my A-M movies on one drive and N-Z on another. I was thinking that in sabnzbd I could just manual place each movie in the proper category(A-M or N-Z) and let CP watch both the completed directories but it looks like CP can only watch one directory.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nitr0 posted:

This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://www.nzbs.org/index.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Try dropping the www, my bookmark for the site is http://nzbs.org/index.php and I've not had any problems in a long time. Maybe the internal redirect has mucked up.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Drevoak posted:

How can I use CouchPotato to properly sort movies into two different directories? I have my A-M movies on one drive and N-Z on another. I was thinking that in sabnzbd I could just manual place each movie in the proper category(A-M or N-Z) and let CP watch both the completed directories but it looks like CP can only watch one directory.

Have CP download to /downloads and then have a script that grabs everything starting with A-M from that folder and dumps it into the right directory. CP doesnt care what happens to a file after it marks it as downloaded.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Diviance posted:

Personally, I have SABnzbd download TV shows using categories to a folder named, say....

E:\TV\Unsorted

I set Sickbeard to use that as the Post Processing folder (I don't touch the whole script your add to sabnzbd or whatever). So SABnzbd downloads the file and sticks it in E:\TV\Unsorted

Then, my shows are added into Sickbeard in a similiar location.

E:\TV\Show Name

Sickbeard will automatically check for anything in Unsorted, see if it is from a show I have in the library and process the file, renaming it to my naming convention and sticking it like...

E:\TV\Show Name\Season 01\Show Name - 01x01.mkv

I don't know how you have yours setup but if you provide some more pertinent information, such as the TV Show folder location and name and the post processing folder location and name, etc etc... that would be nice.

This how I'm trying to get things set up:

Incomplete downloads go to C:\downloads\incomplete
Complete downloads go to C:\TV (temp)

That part works fine and is set up in SABnzbd. What I'm trying to get Sickbeard to do is:

Processed downloads go to C:\TV (Category)\Show Title\Season 01\01 - Episode Title.mp4

That's what just gives me errors.

Edit: What I would really love (and have been searching for for months) is some way to get PS3 Media Server to read a .nfo (or find a similar DNLA server that does) so that I wouldn't have to worry about what's named what. It would be doubly nice because I wouldn't have to creatively rename show/episode titles that contain illegal characters.

...! fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 19, 2012

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007

zalmoxes posted:

Have CP download to /downloads and then have a script that grabs everything starting with A-M from that folder and dumps it into the right directory. CP doesnt care what happens to a file after it marks it as downloaded.

I was hoping to use CP to name the movie properly and then scrape the .nfo and poster. I never really used CP before and googling doesnt give me an answer. Lets say I make a script in sabnzbd to name them and move them to the proper folder, can CP monitor both locations and scrape the movie details? Looking at the Renamer settings in CP asks for a single location. Or can using the Movie Library Manager perform that task?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Drevoak posted:

If you're on linux you could use unionfs-fuse.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Drevoak posted:

I was hoping to use CP to name the movie properly and then scrape the .nfo and poster. I never really used CP before and googling doesnt give me an answer. Lets say I make a script in sabnzbd to name them and move them to the proper folder, can CP monitor both locations and scrape the movie details? Looking at the Renamer settings in CP asks for a single location. Or can using the Movie Library Manager perform that task?

He's saying to have CP move the movie files to a temp directory, and have some sort of script/program (outside of SAB and CP) to move them from there to the appropriate drive. You could probably use batch files and scheduled tasks (or a python script) on Windows.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

CouchPotatoV2 (CouchPotatoServer) allows you to monitor multiple folders where your movie library is and even select movies and redownload them at higher Q.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Edit: Nevermind figured it out.

Porkchop Express fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 20, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sickbeard literally just created this:

C:\TV (Category)\Show Title\Show Title

I have no idea why it created the second "Show Title" folder or why it didn't move anything into either of them. :(

Edit: Well, I'm assuming Sickbeard did it. It's not totally outside the realm of possibility that SABnzbd did it because I screwed something up.

...! fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 20, 2012

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
I think SickBeard may have just totally poo poo itself, it keeps saying database malformed, cannot look up stuff on the default index, all sorts of crazy errors on the log popped up.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Any ideas on what I might possibly be doing wrong here? I am becoming extremely frustrated at the entire thing.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

...! posted:

Any ideas on what I might possibly be doing wrong here? I am becoming extremely frustrated at the entire thing.

pastebin your config file. How are you adding shows? Usually you add the first one and set the default download directory, and every other show you add has that default path.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

zalmoxes posted:

pastebin your config file. How are you adding shows? Usually you add the first one and set the default download directory, and every other show you add has that default path.

Which config file? Also, there really wouldn't be a default directory because I categorize each show differently.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
You seem really determined to make Sickbeard not work for yourself.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

You seem really determined to make Sickbeard not work for yourself.

That's really helpful. :rolleyes:

Here's the config.ini if that's what you're talking about.

http://pastebin.com/tv7AALPa

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Show us this page

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Except I'm serious. Sickbeard makes this all really simple. It finds the nzbs, it passes them to SABnzbd, SABnzbd downloads them, and then lets Sickbeard rename it, download metadata, and organize it.

Instead, you don't want the metadata, you don't want the organization, and you don't want the renaming.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/d7lAy.jpg

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
You truncated some prett important bits. Paste the *whole* screen.

There should drat sure be a default directory.

If you categorize one TV show as somehow "different" from others, how do you make such distinction?

See: Fishmanpet's comments

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sorry, here's the rest of it; I'm terrible with screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/P2stb.jpg

If it won't categorize things the way I want it to, then I'll figure out how to deal with it. The issue I'm having with it right now is that it won't categorize/rename things at all. It just leaves everything as SABnzbd put it and basically tells me to go gently caress myself.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

I just pasted your config into a blank install of sicbeard, pointed it to Sab, and downloaded a new episode of a show. No problems at all. Renamed the episode and everything.

Did you configure SAB to use the sickbeard processing script?

This part is really important.

edit: output from the sabToSickbeard processing script. (you can see it by clicking on "More") Next to downloaded episode in SAB

http://pastebin.com/h3xsUF5t
Line 31 is the renaming bit.

zalmoxes fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 20, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

This is what's in SABnzbd:

http://i.imgur.com/xqLBd.jpg

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I don't see a "More" button but here's what SABnzbd gives me (seems to be coming from Sickbeard):

http://pastebin.com/n9EQc7yE

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Tell Sickbeard you want the show in a folder that's NOT /downloads/complete. That's the SAB default directory.
You want Sickbeard to have show folders somewhere else, maybe /downloads/sickbeard or /downloads/tv_shows or anywhere but /downloads/complete really.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I do tell it that. For example, I added a show to my animation category. On the Sickbeard page for that show, it says "Location: C:\TV (Animation)\Show Title".

This is why I'm frustrated. It should work but it doesn't.

Edit: I really feel like there's something really basic that I'm just not doing right. Is it my directory structure? Should I be specifying a different folder on each show page in Sickbeard like I'm doing now? Am I supposed to have the location be the same for all shows? I have no doubt that I'm doing something wrong; I just don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong.

...! fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 20, 2012

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I honestly don't know how someone screws up the config so bad. I have never seen anyone in this thread have as many problems as you.

Follow a drat tutorial or something, jfc.

This explains post processing fairly clearly.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 20, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Nitr0 posted:

I honestly don't know how someone screws up the config so bad. I have never seen anyone in this thread have as many problems as you.

Follow a drat tutorial or something, jfc.

This explains post processing fairly clearly.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

...! posted:

So I decided to give it one more try and followed the directions on that link to the letter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

...! posted:

This is what's in SABnzbd:

http://i.imgur.com/xqLBd.jpg

Why is there nothing in Folder/Path in this screenshot?