Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

VogeGandire posted:

What is it with wrestlers and bodily fluids?

Normal workplace, y'know, whoopie cushion or something.

Wrestlers, poo poo on other people's belongings.

Many wrestlers are basically children on steroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah, but come on, even children don't tend to poo poo on other people's belongings for their own amusement.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, but come on, even children don't tend to poo poo on other people's belongings for their own amusement.

Where's that picture of the passed out toddler who had smeared the poop from his diaper all over his room when you need it?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
This was a different time folks. When pubic hair's on coke cans was popular.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Also on drugs and or drunk so they think that doing stupid poo poo that they normally wouldn't is okay.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

nasboat posted:

This conversation has reminded me of when Giant used his smoking as part of his gimmick for awhile in WCW.

I actually enjoyed that whole bit.

The best was when Disco Inferno pointed out that it stunted growth, and Show responded with a Regal-esque facial expression that basically said, "You might have a point there".

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Maybe making GBS threads in each other's belongings is some proud carny tradition passed down through generations.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
WWE says Raw is the longest running weekly episodic show because they don't count shows that air more than once a week (like Coronation Street). But are they ignoring any once-a-week shows that had more than 1000 episodes?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Bocc Kob posted:

Maybe making GBS threads in each other's belongings is some proud carny tradition passed down through generations.

"Come my son, I shall teach you the ways of the world. Now go curl one out in that guy's duffel bag."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Web Jew.0 posted:

WWE says Raw is the longest running weekly episodic show because they don't count shows that air more than once a week (like Coronation Street). But are they ignoring any once-a-week shows that had more than 1000 episodes?

Meet the Press has been on the air since the 40s. Not episodic but...

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Web Jew.0 posted:

Technically it's the longest running weekly episodic show without hiatus in the US. "Without hiatus" being the key term there and I'm still not sure if they mean currently or all time as they are pretty vague with it even though they toss that claim around all the time. There have been plenty of longer running weekly episodic shows throughout history, just in wrestling alone RAW is only the 5th longest running. WCW Saturday Night, WCW WorldWide, Wrestling at the Chase and World of Sport were all on for 20+ years.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
But they mean 'longest running" as in "most number of episodes".

It's kinda awkward but they're right in that Raw would run longer if you played it end to end compared to Meet the Press (less than 5000 60-minute episodes).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seriously, a lot of wrestlers never had to get beyond any kind of highschool mentality because they got into wrestling and everything has been taken care for them ever since.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Web Jew.0 posted:

They are ignoring tons of wrestling shows in the US and Japan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Seriously, a lot of wrestlers never had to get beyond any kind of highschool mentality because they got into wrestling and everything has been taken care for them ever since.

Yeah, what an easy life wrestling is, especially if you get into it right after high school. Like Hogwarts.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

John Cena is a Slytherin.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

MassRayPer posted:

They are ignoring tons of wrestling shows in the US and Japan.

I know WCW Saturday Night ran for 28 years and AJW had a show that ran for 34 years but what are some other ones?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suben posted:

I know WCW Saturday Night ran for 28 years and AJW had a show that ran for 34 years but what are some other ones?

I think WCW Saturday Night can actually be thrown out because the name and promotion changed several times. However, Portland and Memphis had weekly shows for decades. I think Portland lasted 40 years. You also had AJPW on NTV for 30ish years.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bearnt! posted:

Technically it's the longest running weekly episodic show without hiatus in the US. "Without hiatus" being the key term there and I'm still not sure if they mean currently or all time as they are pretty vague with it even though they toss that claim around all the time. There have been plenty of longer running weekly episodic shows throughout history, just in wrestling alone RAW is only the 5th longest running. WCW Saturday Night, WCW WorldWide, Wrestling at the Chase and World of Sport were all on for 20+ years.
I guess dog shows don't count as hiatus?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Endless Mike posted:

Weren't they on after or a diffrent night?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

Missing one or even two weeks at a time doesn't count as a hiatus.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Endless Mike posted:

The US Open too

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached
preemptions aren't a hiatus.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Weren't they on after or a diffrent night?

Yes. AFAIK there's literally never been a week straight up without Raw.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes. AFAIK there's literally never been a week straight up without Raw.

There's been several. Due to Tennis or Dog Shows. They eventually started running them on another night during the week but they didn't do that for a few years.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

yeah, the yearly appearance of the Westminster Dog Show was basically my least favorite week as a kid.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

nasboat posted:

yeah, the yearly appearance of the Westminster Dog Show was basically my least favorite week as a kid.

US Open was worse. It was usually two weeks with no Raw and it was usually right after Summerslam.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Deadpool posted:

US Open was worse. It was usually two weeks with no Raw and it was usually right after Summerslam.

Westminster is in February coming off the Royal Rumble during the lead up to Wrestlemania.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Frot Lesnar posted:

Westminster is in February coming off the Royal Rumble during the lead up to Wrestlemania.

Westminster wasn't the night after Royal Rumble though. Night after the PPV with no show is worse.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Frot Lesnar posted:

yeah, plus I could always go outside and play or do something else to distract myself for those weeks during the US Open.

February is just desolate and sad anyway (you know, being winter and all) and that just made it worse. :(

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Westminster wasn't the night after Royal Rumble though. Night after the PPV with no show is worse.

Vince left USA for TNN because they could not guarantee that he would not be preempted. Being on for 2-3 weeks then interrupted for a week screws up the narrative worse than having a ppv, off two weeks/on a different night.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Frot Lesnar posted:

Vince left USA for TNN because they could not guarantee that he would not be preempted. Being on for 2-3 weeks then interrupted for a week screws up the narrative worse than having a ppv, off two weeks/on a different night.

I still say US Open is worse. You had no go home show or post PPV show. From a fan and business perspective that had to be worse.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One year for King of Trios, they're doing the gag where they choose a mystery partner out of a hat and the first couple aren't there. One of the names selected is Johnny Cashmere. Instead of the ref running into the back, he instead runs over to the bathroom to check for him there.

What's the story behind this joke?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's a cokehead.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Ah. I was expecting that he Sid'd his pants during a match or something, but that makes more sense.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Frot Lesnar posted:

Thats interesting, but why did they go back to the USA network after that? Was it just more money? A better time slot?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fairly sure they just offered more money and promised to not cut them off.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's a cokehead.
There was a rumor that he would hit up guys for sex in the bathroom at PWU shows. He was indeed a cokehead, but that's not the bathroom joke.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Honestly, either way I'm surprised Chikara would go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

VogeGandire posted:

Fairly sure they just offered more money and promised to not cut them off.

Bigger audience too. (Far as I know, more people have USA than have Spike. Especially now with the Viacom/DirecTV contract issues.)