Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

obviously you didn't else it would work

Gasp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Is there supposed to be? All the examples I've been following have left it blank so I thought it was for the path to sabToSickbeard. I will laugh if it turns out that that's the problem.

Edit: Nope, that's not the problem.

...! fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 20, 2012

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No, if it's blank it's wrong.

Here's my setup that works absolutely perfectly.

I copied all the autoprocess/hellato/sabtosickbeard scripts to C:\Usenet\!Scripts and I tell SAB that's where my scripts are.

I have this in my autoprocesstv.cfg file . I don't recall if I need to, or if it's only if you use the autoprocesstv script (which I don't, but I think the script I do use calls it), so I've included it just to be sure.

quote:

[SickBeard]
host=localhost
port=8081
username=admin
password=notforyou
web_root=

These are the 3 panes of important things in the software

Sickbeard

Sabnzbd

edit:

Just to make it clear, because these seem to be the two fields that you have blank looking at your screenshots -

C:\Sickbeard is a holding stage for my Sickbeard downloads. My TV lives on multiple drives, but first SAB needs to send the download to the sickbeard folder, so it can be unpacked, renamed then processed. You will need a folder set up to do this and you'll need both SAB and SB pointing to it.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 20, 2012

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

...! posted:

I do tell it that. For example, I added a show to my animation category. On the Sickbeard page for that show, it says "Location: C:\TV (Animation)\Show Title".

This is why I'm frustrated. It should work but it doesn't.

Edit: I really feel like there's something really basic that I'm just not doing right. Is it my directory structure? Should I be specifying a different folder on each show page in Sickbeard like I'm doing now? Am I supposed to have the location be the same for all shows? I have no doubt that I'm doing something wrong; I just don't know what it is that I'm doing wrong.

Let's back up for a moment. How is your library structured specifically?

For example, my setup is basically a giant NAS. All of my TV goes to one partition, all of my other stuff goes to another. For the sake of demonstration I am just changing the locations and names.

I have C:\TV\unsorted

This is where all of my downloads go in the SABnzbd category for TV. It is important you specify a location for that category, it should not be left blank. SABnzbd will dump files here then run the sabtosickbeard script. In Sickbeard I do not specify a download location. When I setup a show in Sickbeard, I point it to C:\tv and then it becomes C:\tv\Public Broadcast System Stuff or whatever the show name is.

SAB will download the file then run the script which will move files out of C:\tv\unsorted and into C:\tv\Whatever Show Here.

Edit: I will be around a bit on Saturday if you still need help, we can hop on Skype or whatever.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 20, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

The pHo posted:

No, if it's blank it's wrong.

Here's my setup that works absolutely perfectly.

I copied all the autoprocess/hellato/sabtosickbeard scripts to C:\Usenet\!Scripts and I tell SAB that's where my scripts are.

I have this in my autoprocesstv.cfg file . I don't recall if I need to, or if it's only if you use the autoprocesstv script (which I don't, but I think the script I do use calls it), so I've included it just to be sure.

These are the 3 panes of important things in the software

Sickbeard

Sabnzbd

edit:

Just to make it clear, because these seem to be the two fields that you have blank looking at your screenshots -

C:\Sickbeard is a holding stage for my Sickbeard downloads. My TV lives on multiple drives, but first SAB needs to send the download to the sickbeard folder, so it can be unpacked, renamed then processed. You will need a folder set up to do this and you'll need both SAB and SB pointing to it.

Holy poo poo, this worked. I think in my mind I was skipping a step which is why I was leaving those fields blank. Thanks! Thanks also to The Gunslinger and the others who actually tried to help instead of just posting mockery. :)

I can tell that it's still probably not going to structure things exactly like I want them, but at least now it's doing something so I have a starting point to work from.

Edit: Now that I have it working, it actually works with my strange folder structure. OK, the last thing I need to figure out is how to get it to name the episodes like I want. Wasn't somebody saying I should be able to write a script to get it to conform to my naming conventions? I'm going to Google it; if I have problems I'll ask.

...! fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 20, 2012

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Thanks to others who mocked because it made me laugh.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
The hardest part for you will be initially putting each show in its proper location, once that's done the episodes will properly process.

As for the naming, I think someone said you could modify the post processing script, but that won't work. You'd have to modify sickbeard itself to change how it renames stuff. You could fork on Github, make a patch that names the way you want, then make a pull request.

You could also make a forum request for it, or maybe look at the Anime fork of sickbeard? Since you have a specific animation directory I'm betting you've got a lot of Anime, and there must be something different enough about Anime to warrant its own fork, and you might grok that version better.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Anime creeps me out, for the most part. No anime here.

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

...! posted:

Edit: Now that I have it working, it actually works with my strange folder structure. OK, the last thing I need to figure out is how to get it to name the episodes like I want. Wasn't somebody saying I should be able to write a script to get it to conform to my naming conventions? I'm going to Google it; if I have problems I'll ask.

I'm not going to promise anything, but you MAY be able to edit the config.py file inside the sickbeard folder to do this:

Python code:
naming_ep_type = ("%(seasonnumber)dx%(episodenumber)02d",
                  "s%(seasonnumber)02de%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "S%(seasonnumber)02dE%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "%(seasonnumber)02dx%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "e%(episodenumber02d)")

naming_ep_type_text = ("1x02", "s01e02", "S01E02", "01x02", "e02")
Then restart SickBeard and go to your post-processing tab and switch to the episode only option for "Number Style"

I haven't tried it because my setup works perfectly but you are more than welcome to experiment with it.

Modern Pragmatist fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 20, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Modern Pragmatist posted:

I'm not going to promise anything, but you MAY be able to edit the config.py file inside the sickbeard folder to do this:

Python code:
naming_ep_type = ("%(seasonnumber)dx%(episodenumber)02d",
                  "s%(seasonnumber)02de%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "S%(seasonnumber)02dE%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "%(seasonnumber)02dx%(episodenumber)02d",
                   "e%(episodenumber02d)")

naming_ep_type_text = ("1x02", "s01e02", "S01E02", "01x02", "e02")
Then restart SickBeard and go to your post-processing tab and switch to the episode only option for "Number Style"

I haven't tried it because my setup works perfectly but you are more than welcome to experiment with it.

Forgive me for this question; I'm not terribly familiar with Python. I'm on Windows so I'm running the Windows executables. Is config.py a script that is used by the Windows executable or is it only used if you're also running a Python interpreter? (Is Python interpreted or is it compiled?)

Edit: gently caress it; I'm gonna try it and hope nothing breaks.

Edit 2: I don't see a config.py. Might have to edit the source code. :\

Edit: Oh, that is the source. Guess I'm gonna install Python.

...! fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 20, 2012

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

...! posted:

Forgive me for this question; I'm not terribly familiar with Python. I'm on Windows so I'm running the Windows executables. Is config.py a script that is used by the Windows executable or is it only used if you're also running a Python interpreter? (Is Python interpreted or is it compiled?)

Edit: gently caress it; I'm gonna try it and hope nothing breaks.

Edit 2: I don't see a config.py. Might have to edit the source code. :\

Edit: Oh, that is the source. Guess I'm gonna install Python.

Oh poo poo. Didn't realize you were running the compiled version. Not sure how involved it is to run it via python on windows.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It shouldn't be a big deal. Despite my apparent retardation in configuring this poo poo, I do actually have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. Running Python will be simple.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
For a certain news parody show that airs Daily (and the show that follows it), do you guys choose Air By Date or not in Sickbeard?

I routinely find that a few days worth of these shows will not get found by SB, even though they are listed in indexers like NZB.su and NZBMatrix?

I have Preferred Quality set to HD, but it should grab SD releases in the absence of HD ones, right?

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Tapedump posted:

do you guys choose Air By Date or not in Sickbeard?

I routinely find that a few days worth of these shows will not get found by SB, even though they are listed in indexers like NZB.su and NZBMatrix?

I have Preferred Quality set to HD, but it should grab SD releases in the absence of HD ones, right?

Air by date for sure. You'll need to add SD releases as well if you want them in a timely manner. Those shows tend to not get regular HD releases. At least that has been my experience.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is there a setting I don't know about that will delete an episode if a Proper/Repack downloads?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is there a setting I don't know about that will delete an episode if a Proper/Repack downloads?

It should delete it automatically.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice

PirateDentist posted:

Air by date for sure. You'll need to add SD releases as well if you want them in a timely manner. Those shows tend to not get regular HD releases. At least that has been my experience.
Thank you. I've set Preferred to "Any" and will see what happens.

:confused: Am I mistaken in thinking SB will grab a SD release if it cannot find a HD one (when set only to "HD" in the drop-down)?

Tapedump fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 21, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

No thats what happens. Except for people unable to run sickbeard with CS degrees :laugh:

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Then something is slightly amiss with mine, as when set to HD it will not grab SD releases clearly available on multiple indexers...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

kri kri posted:

No thats what happens. Except for people unable to run sickbeard with CS degrees :laugh:

Because immediately understanding the arcane configuration quirks of two programs you've never seen before is something that should happen all the time for CS majors. :rolleyes:

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

...! posted:

Because immediately understanding the arcane configuration quirks of two programs you've never seen before is something that should happen all the time for CS majors. :rolleyes:

heh, are you mad? Dry your tears with your cs diploma mister, it will be okay.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
No, setting it to HD won't grab SD releases, just like setting it to SD won't get you HD releases.

It'd be nice if you could set a secondary status that it would fetch if it couldn't find your preferred quality after X amount of time, but alas it doesn't exist.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

FISHMANPET posted:

No, setting it to HD won't grab SD releases, just like setting it to SD won't get you HD releases.

It'd be nice if you could set a secondary status that it would fetch if it couldn't find your preferred quality after X amount of time, but alas it doesn't exist.

One of the few things CouchPotato does better.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

FAQ posted:

By default there are four presets that mirror the old settings - SD, HD, Best, and Any. You can also choose a custom quality setting by choosing which qualities should be downloaded when an episode first is released, and which qualities you want Sick Beard to re-download if they become available.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zalmoxes posted:

An easy way to find out which process it is is to type
ps aux | grep python
and it will spew out all the lines running python.
ps aux | grep Sickbeard should work as well
You can then kill that process easily with
'kill -9 ####' where ### is the process id you get from the previous command

[/b]
The above command should find and kill the sickbeard process for you.
I've never encountered this problem because I run all the usenet apps on a computer that never goes to sleep, but I imagine it would get tideous to do it every time you open up the laptop. You could probably write a launchd script to restart Sickbeard every time your computer wakes up.

I'm having trouple figuring out which # in the string that ps aux | grep Sickbeard spits out is the process #.

I've plugged every number I've seen in that list into kill -9 ##### and nothing works. "No Such Process".

At this point it'd just be nice if in the interim I could get Sickbeard to restart without having to reboot my iMac. (This is for fixing that Errno issue once it stops and I try to restart the application via terminal command.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

This is probably an extremely simple question, but I've prowled through the FAQs and help forums and can't find a solution.

How can I make Sickbeard prefix my folders with 'Show Name' prior to the season label? Such as 'My Little Pony - Season 13'?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
I'm using SABnzbd 0.7.2 on a Raspberry Pi running the new Raspbian OS. I'm able to download files fine, but once they complete I get the error

quote:

Error "[Errno 8] Exec format error" while unpacking RAR files

I've tried installing multiple versions of unrar, but I'm a linux beginner so I could be doing something wrong. I'm not even positive of what version I should be using. In SABnzbd, I also have a message at the top that says

quote:

Your UNRAR version is not recommended, get it from http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I'm using SABnzbd 0.7.2 on a Raspberry Pi running the new Raspbian OS. I'm able to download files fine, but once they complete I get the error

I've tried installing multiple versions of unrar, but I'm a linux beginner so I could be doing something wrong. I'm not even positive of what version I should be using. In SABnzbd, I also have a message at the top that says

I'm just guessing, but if the official unrar program doesn't provide ARM binaries you won't be able to use it on the Pi. The FOSS unrar had problems dealing with newer versions of the RAR format the last time I used it, meaning it couldn't deal with unpacking every other file I threw at it. This might be your problem.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

Speaking of the RPi, how well does it work as a server for Plex, and the Usenet apps?

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Weird question, if you're on a supernews monthly plan, is it easy to turn off auto-renew on subscriptions, or is it kind of a pain?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Shane-O-Mac posted:

OK, I finally solved the problem. I had to follow this guide and figure some stuff out on my own. I'll write out a guide for anybody in the same boat.

First, back up your sources.list file:

quote:

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.old
Then edit your sources.list file to add this to the end:

quote:

deb-src http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
Save that, then run sudo apt-get upgrade. Navigate to your home directory, or wherever you want to download these next files to. You have to run two commands, and each one may take awhile:

quote:

apt-get build-dep unrar-nonfree
apt-get source -b unrar-nonfree
If you use ls, you should see that you have a new .deb file. Run this:

quote:

dpkg -i xxxxxxxxx.deb
where xxxxxxxx is the name of your deb file. You should now have a new unrar directory, it may have a longer name that you can change to "unrar". Now you have to move the new unrar file to a place where SAB can use it. You may have an old unrar installed that you can back up if you want:

quote:

sudo mv /usr/local/bin/unrar /usr/local/bin/unrar.old
Now copy the new unrar file to its new home (your directories may be different):

quote:

sudo cp /home/pi/unrar/unrar /usr/local/bin/unrar
Now you may just have to restart SAB to get it to work. Phew.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
If you build and install the package, why do you have to manually copy over the executable afterwards? Those last steps seem unnecessary.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Keito posted:

If you build and install the package, why do you have to manually copy over the executable afterwards? Those last steps seem unnecessary.

I don't know much about Linux, so they could be unnecessary. However in my case, it didn't work until I did that last step.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I posted a few days ago that NZB Unity is a great Android app but didn't have Headphones support. Well, now it does. So now it supports all of the apps and lets you search and download from NZBMatrix.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

You either have to move the binary into /bin or add the home directory to the $PATH.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
For that matter why can't you just apt-get install unrar-nonfree, unless there isn't a built package for the architecture?

And on that note, there's a couple official rarlabs unrar links for ARM:
http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

For that matter why can't you just apt-get install unrar-nonfree, unless there isn't a built package for the architecture?

And on that note, there's a couple official rarlabs unrar links for ARM:
http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

I dunno. Maybe you can. I just followed the guide I posted.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

If I just want to occasionally download an album and have it unpack/rename to dir:\Artist\Album (year), is Headphones a good fit or should i just stick with downloading the normal way then moving/renaming over FTP?

Grimmeh
May 9, 2004

...Putting The Fun Back Into The Funeral
I'd like some help setting up Post Processing in Sick Beard.

Right now my completed files are being put into "/Users/MyUserName/downloads/Media/TV" without being sorted.

The "TV Download Dir" in the Post Processing Config page of Sick Beard is set to "/Users/MyUserName/downloads/Media/TV" (without the quotes) and my TV category Folder/Path in SAB is set to"TV" (without quotes) and is relative to "/Users/MyUserName/downloads/Media".

I believe I have my sabToSickBeard.py set up correctly and "Enable TV Sorting" is ticked off in SAB, but apparently I'm still missing something.

Any help would be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

Grimmeh posted:

I'd like some help setting up Post Processing in Sick Beard.

Right now my completed files are being put into "/Users/MyUserName/downloads/Media/TV" without being sorted.

The "TV Download Dir" in the Post Processing Config page of Sick Beard is set to "/Users/MyUserName/downloads/Media/TV" (without the quotes) and my TV category Folder/Path in SAB is set to"TV" (without quotes) and is relative to "/Users/MyUserName/downloads/Media".

I believe I have my sabToSickBeard.py set up correctly and "Enable TV Sorting" is ticked off in SAB, but apparently I'm still missing something.

Any help would be great!

I'm not sure if this is a troll or not, but this was literally just discussed. Check out this post for the proper configuration options.