Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Urban Space Cowboy posted:

The only reason I'm not buying an avatar right now is because I suspect Coyote's going to give his GREAT SECRET in the form of a long and freewheeling shaggy-god story, which means even better avatars to come!
I would not be surprised if the last line of the chapter was "My great what? :confused:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Oxxidation posted:

The mighty and fearsome Coyote, everybody.

Somehow, whiny and tantrumy Coyote is even more terrifying than angry Coyote. He really will do anything to get what he wants.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Can somebody give me some good text for this one?

Edit: More importantly, the picture is about 700 bytes too big and when I try to edit it with paint the filesize only gets bigger. :confused: Any tips for dealing with this?

Pendent fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 20, 2012

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Coyote chapters never fail to amuse, please cave in Annie! Then every time coyote wants a story he'll be forced to go through this song and dance again! And that would be just terrible :allears:

The Walker posted:

The Oldest Man posted:

No wonder Ysengrim is so messed up. This is his every day.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The Walker posted:

I am very powerful, of course.

Fakebacon
Nov 7, 2009

A few pages on from that

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Unfortunately for Annie, Coyote has many secrets, all of them great.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Unfortunately for Annie, Coyote has many secrets, all of them great.

His great secret is that he's lying about having a great secret.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would be funny to see Coyote try to pull a reverse Sheherezade, where he gets Annie to tell him more and more stories on the promise of divulging seeeecrets.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The Walker posted:

Edit: More importantly, the picture is about 700 bytes too big and when I try to edit it with paint the filesize only gets bigger. :confused: Any tips for dealing with this?
Whoops! Here's a new version:

When in doubt, use Irfanview to decrease the color depth. Paint didn't work primarily because paint is horrid.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fister Roboto posted:

It would be funny to see Coyote try to pull a reverse Sheherezade, where he gets Annie to tell him more and more stories on the promise of divulging seeeecrets.

Not only funny, it would be the best thing.
Especially if Annie told stories where Coyote screws up and gets his comeuppance.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

The Oldest Man posted:

No wonder Ysengrim is so messed up. This is his every day.

It's like Moses and God. If God threw temper tantrums when Moses didn't do something right and called him stupid and useless all the time.

Wait, it's exactly like Moses and God.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I am in love with washing machine Ysengrin.

Edit: Admittedly not as much as I love that third to last panel of Coyote calling him useless and rubbing his paws all over the face. Ysengrin has the best faces, and it's hilarious to see him so expressive. That panel is now my favourite panel in all the Court :allears:

2nd edit: my favourite panel so far, that is. I always manage to be surprised by this comic.

wynott dunn fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 20, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mulatto Butts posted:

I am in love with washing machine Ysengrin.

Edit: Admittedly not as much as I love that third to last panel of Coyote calling him useless and rubbing his paws all over the face. Ysengrin has the best faces, and it's hilarious to see him so expressive. That panel is now my favourite panel in all the Court :allears:

2nd edit: my favourite panel so far, that is. I always manage to be surprised by this comic.

The evolution of Ysengrin's emotive range makes me super happy.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Whoops! Here's a new version:

When in doubt, use Irfanview to decrease the color depth. Paint didn't work primarily because paint is horrid.

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to art related things. It still boggles my mind a bit that paint would increase the filesize when I decreased the actual size of the picture.

So am I the only one that feels like Annie may be at least trying to do the smart thing here? I feel like reminding coyote that she isn't at his beck and call may be a very good idea for somebody who is supposed to stay neutral.

Also, thank you :allears:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

I noticed something in the new page, but thought it might be just me. Then I look at this page and see it again. Look at Coyote's eyes... not the ones on his face, the ones on his haunches. He's focused directly on Annie the whole time.

Never Odd or Even
Jan 21, 2009

This jerk again.
Fun Shoe

Did anyone buy this yet? I'll take it if not.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Walker posted:

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to art related things. It still boggles my mind a bit that paint would increase the filesize when I decreased the actual size of the picture.

So am I the only one that feels like Annie may be at least trying to do the smart thing here? I feel like reminding coyote that she isn't at his beck and call may be a very good idea for somebody who is supposed to stay neutral.

Also, thank you :allears:

This is actually a pretty impressive accomplishment for Annie as a medium. While she's not the dead-eyed paragon of neutrality that Jones is, her experience with Coyote let her see right through his tactics. She wasn't amused or cowed by his demand to drop all her responsibilities for one of his whims, and now she's forcing him to negotiate.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Tried to make an avatar out of Coyote's hilarious face in the last panel. v:shobon:v

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Tried to make an avatar out of Coyote's hilarious face in the last panel. v:shobon:v

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

Mulatto Butts posted:

Ysengrin has always been my favourite. This just cements it for me, especially that 3rd to last panel with Coyote messing his face. Brilliant.

Ysengrin's my favorite too (with Coyote a close second). It's the 3rd panel that does it for me. I never expected Ysengrin to ever say the word "um" in this comic, but here we are and what a wonderful thing thing it is.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

You're the best.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Okay. I kinda want to switch to this. Probably should have text related to posting. Any thoughts?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Okay. I kinda want to switch to this. Probably should have text related to posting. Any thoughts?

I am the great and powerful Coyote... and I wanna storeeeeee :qq:

E: Your post made Coyote cry. You bastard.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

thespaceinvader posted:

I wanna storeeeeee

That works for me. Thanks a bunch.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

But by telling all those stories in succession, one is able to piece together the great secret!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Parts Kit posted:

Is it? I completely missed this. edit: oh right it's on the first page.

Also convenient panels today for this.

Ahahaha I missed this somehow. Wonderful. It's funny how the chain of events in this gif make sense with any one of the frames being considered first.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Yay! Story time. Why Coyote is so excited he's gone to pieces.

Also, for those who saying Ysengrin wasn't threatening anymore. I think today's comic shows he still is.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 23, 2012

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I think it looks like he's trying to smile. You know, one of those attempts by a creature that's never smiled before...

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Oh my god panel three. :allears:

Oh my god panel four. :stonk:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Coyote lookin' a little threatening in panel two there.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Fecha posted:

Coyote lookin' a little threatening in panel two there.

I'd guess that's because he knows he's doing something devious. Perhaps that's his devious face (as though every coyote face isn't a devious face).

Either way, if Ysengrin's reaction is anything to go by, something very important is going to happen soon.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Yay! Story time. Why Coyote is so excited he's gone to pieces.

Also, for those who saying Ysengrin wasn't threatening anymore. I think today's comic shows he still is.

I'm actually a little curious about this. For all the verbal abuse he takes from Coyote, it seems odd that this would put him over the edge. I can't tell if he's angry at Annie or Coyote, though...and I wonder what the secret could possibly be to piss him off so badly?

In before "We don't get the secret, just Coyote saying 'That story's not good enough' for 30 pages".

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I'm really digging how fluid Coyote is this chapter. Earlier chapters just had him growing in size and stretching limbs. The way he seems to have a entirely different head for each "mood" is great.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Bad dog-god! Stay corporeal!

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
In any earlier chapter I'd say Coyote's secret is a dangerous or damaging admission from the forest's, his or Ysengrin's perspectives based on Ysengrin's reaction, but now I'm worried this is something Annie will regret hearing and she's the only one not in on the joke. I think Ysengrin is finally finding reason to have issue with Coyote's careless bullshit, and I think Annie's safety (or at least happiness) relative to this secret is that reason.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Panel 3 coyote face is best coyote face. What a wonderfully expressive character,

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
The secret is that Ysengrin is a big stinky willy and Coyote tells everybody this after enticing them with his great secret when they won't do what he wants.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Violen posted:

In any earlier chapter I'd say Coyote's secret is a dangerous or damaging admission from the forest's, his or Ysengrin's perspectives based on Ysengrin's reaction, but now I'm worried this is something Annie will regret hearing and she's the only one not in on the joke. I think Ysengrin is finally finding reason to have issue with Coyote's careless bullshit, and I think Annie's safety (or at least happiness) relative to this secret is that reason.

This is interesting. Ysengrin for all his pride does allow Coyote to greatly insult him (his pride is probably wounded by the fact that Coyote's keeping him on life support anyway). I suppose we can deduce from this that Ysengrin doesn't really care about Coyote exposing him at this point, and the great secret will expose (or in the process hurt) someone he does care about. I wouldn't discount the forest yet; the secret will either expose the forest side immensely, or it will hurt Annie. Hell, maybe it will do both, Annie certainly holds attachment to the forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Bussamove posted:

Oh my god panel three. :allears:

Oh my god panel four. :stonk: