Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think he has a chin but no neck, at least from what I can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me
Nothing like a good ol fashioned debate here at the TGT hub. Maybe other artsy goons can contribute a more accurate representation of our finest hero? But I love the idea of a 300 parody with the Defenders. It needs to exist.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
See, I always thought he had a neck, but it was thick as hell. But Rob definitely has a stellar chin. Look at that thing.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Thirding. Honestly, I think this thread was better suited for GBS anyway, more exposure. If I had not bookmarked this thread back when it was, I never would have known the glory that is TgT. :frogbon:

Agreed. This is probably the only BSS thread I'll ever post in.
I left comics behind a long long time ago, when Bisley left Lobo more or less.

I would never have clicked in here and found TGT and I would have been poorer for it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Having marathoned the whole thread in a day and seeing just where this thing has gotten to, all while listening to JFlight's quite frankly fantastic musical contributions I noticed one thing that might have been really amazing foreshadowing: the Neutrals is pronounced an awful lot like the New Trolls. Mayhap their whole arc was setting up how after the Troll King gets defeated they become the main antagonists and it turns out Porky's assailants were in the right the whole time and they're not as "neutral" as they claim.

Or maybe I'm just reading way too far into a pronunciation quirk and it all turns out to just be a really weird quintessence. Who knows!

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dragonatrix posted:

Having marathoned the whole thread in a day and seeing just where this thing has gotten to, all while listening to JFlight's quite frankly fantastic musical contributions I noticed one thing that might have been really amazing foreshadowing: the Neutrals is pronounced an awful lot like the New Trolls. Mayhap their whole arc was setting up how after the Troll King gets defeated they become the main antagonists and it turns out Porky's assailants were in the right the whole time and they're not as "neutral" as they claim.

Or maybe I'm just reading way too far into a pronunciation quirk and it all turns out to just be a really weird quintessence. Who knows!
Hooooooly poo poo that would be an amazing twist.
LAZERBOT, IF YOU'RE READING THIS THREAD, WORK THIS IN!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

It would also fit into the early reading of Fudd becoming a troll by wearing the Trollface mask. Yeah, this could work amazingly.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

Lazerbot works at least 2 chapters in advance from what we are seeing. It's a no-go.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Suzuki Method posted:

Lazerbot works at least 2 chapters in advance from what we are seeing. It's a no-go.

Lazerbot has already anticipated this turn of events and found a way to make it even more mind-blowing.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Trevor Hale posted:

Lazerbot has already anticipated this turn of events and found a way to make it even more mind-blowing.

Always remember: We haven't even seem how crazy his diamond can be.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 23, 2012

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Hot off the presses, read all about it.

E: Shadow in the last panel looks amazing.

A Retardet Horse
Dec 25, 2009

what is
going
on?
what is
this?
ahhhh...
Holy crap that last panel. I think this might be the first time I actually just stopped and admired all the detail of the artwork.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MM it's loving a
wesome artwork!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Is Shadow about to go murder children, women, old men, pregnant women AND babies?

:suspense:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

That baby in the second to last panel looks oddly familiar.

Also those HMMMMMMMMMMMMMs seem really over the top and I think Lazerbot is just making a joke about it at this point.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

No Shadow, that isn't a troll village, you've wondered into Anime Town.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Um, from what I know about Dragon Ball Z, isn't this kinda like the stuff Vegeta did when he killed a bunch of innocent aliens in the Frieza arc?

Oh yeah, here it is from some Dragon Ball wiki:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_killed_by_Vegeta

Dragon Ball Wiki posted:

Characters Killed by Vegeta:
Namek Villagers – In an attempt to get the Dragon Ball they were guarding in their village, Vegeta annihilates them all with no mercy, including children. A recognizable technique Vegeta uses in this battle is the Bang Beam, which at that point, he claims is one of his favorite techniques.

I mean, it fits. Shadow is the "Vegeta" of Sonic lore. We'll have to see if he uses a "Bang Beam."

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.
I know Lazerbot hates Star Wars, but for me it brings to mind Anakin killing the sand people.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

:effort:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Cechmanek posted:

No Shadow, that isn't a troll village, you've wondered into Anime Town.

Then he really should kill them all.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The baby looks exactly like the troll from the first page of TGT.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 23, 2012

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

FPzero posted:

Is Shadow about to go murder children, women, old men, pregnant women AND babies?

:suspense:

Lazerbot really is making Shadow a serial killer and a villain. Villains wasn't the answer, villains really wasn't the answer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Undead Unicorn posted:

Lazerbot really is making Shadow a serial killer and a villain. Villains wasn't the answer, villains really wasn't the answer.

Shadow kind of crossed the line for me when he murdered Bugs and Daffy.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Undead Unicorn posted:

Sonic was right all along.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like how trolls aren't just a sub-set of jerks within the general population, they're a loving civilization.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Note how over time depictions of the trolls changed from being ugly and deformed to looking like normal, healthy people with families, in accordance to how the reader's perspective on the trolls has changed. TGT is deep

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Constable Lemon posted:

Also those HMMMMMMMMMMMMMs seem really over the top and I think Lazerbot is just making a joke about it at this point.

I think "HMMMMMMM" is basically his idea of an anime grunting noise. I can kinda see where he's coming from but it's really funny to just imagine Shadow is in deep thought pondering when he suddenly decides to kill innocent children.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

General Dog posted:

Yeah, me too, but there was that lingering doubt whether or not he had crossed it in Lazerbot's mind. That's been put to rest pretty firmly I guess.

Also stop comparing Shadow to Vegata. Too lowbrow for this comic. Shadow is the Walter White of this comic to Tails' Jesse Pinkman.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Chernabog posted:

Oh God I was thinking that the baby looked like one of the trolls, but I couldn't remember which one.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Christ, Shadow. You nutcase. :suspense:

But then again, we've already seen a baby get shot in the head by Christians.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I am actually drawing parallels between a loving webcomic about sonic and Batman and loving cheeto man to I Am Legend. Not the lovely Will Smith version, but the book where, at the end, when the titular line is delivered, you realize that your perspective had been skewed the entire story. Shadow has gone off the deepend here.

Nathander
Apr 23, 2008

General Dog posted:

Agreed. That was pretty much the point of his whole conversation with Mario afterwards when Mario reveals Luigi was a double agent and willingly killed Shadow's friends to maintain his disguise so the Mario brothers could keep moving towards their goal.

As much as a psychopath as Mario is, he had a point when he told Shadow that they were the same. This is basically going to cement it.

It's also worth noting since it's been awhile but wasn't it brought up in Chapter Three that Shadow was himself a troll at one point and broke away from them because he hated them so drat much? In a weird way that's another kind of tie to Mario, where both of them are related to the trolls in some way with Shadow having been one and Kario in Mario's case.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Yeah, Shadow's story in this comic is really impressive, considering the rather horrifying way everyone basically has to interpret the comic when they first see it. There's so much brilliance to Shadow's character arc, which is something I never in a million years I would have expected to say about an actual Sonic game, let alone a Deviantart fancomic.

I'm seriously floored by the way this comic appears to deconstruct the most typical Deviantart content--"Sonic and various forgotten cultural icons defeat people who harass the author on the internet" is a thing we've all seen before in various forms, but it simultaneously takes the idea to new, insane levels, and turns it on its head completely. And I'm not even sure if it's intentional. The story reads more like a kid accidentally creating a really well-thought-out story while smashing his action figures together, which I think is what makes it so charming.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 23, 2012

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Chernabog posted:

lazerbot is forcing you to consider the human cost of this conflict. After more than ten chapters, it is suggested that the bald troll who died at the very beginning had a family, retroactively making his death more poignant. Morality is not black and white in this universe, and you begin to wonder whether people really deserve to die horribly for trolling others by calling them faggy noobs.

IronyGuy6669
Apr 22, 2010
drat! Mario insane Tho (Edited in 2014!!!)

IronyGuy6669 fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 3, 2014

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nathander posted:

Agreed. That was pretty much the point of his whole conversation with Mario afterwards when Mario reveals Luigi was a double agent and willingly killed Shadow's friends to maintain his disguise so the Mario brothers could keep moving towards their goal.

As much as a psychopath as Mario is, he had a point when he told Shadow that they were the same. This is basically going to cement it.

They're not entirely the same, in my view. Daffy and Bugs were murdered because it served a higher purpose and in a fit of righteous rage, respectively. It's also worth noting that Shadow had never even met Daffy before. I think it's still possible to sympathize with Shadow in a dark, vengeful, unhinged antihero kind of way.
In contrast, Mario not only cold-bloodedly betrays the Troll Slaiyers after gaining their trust and respect, he takes visible pleasure in telling them this and then tries to murder them for no real reason.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009

Metal Loaf posted:

The fact that "pussy" is a racial slur against cats in the TGT-verse is a nice touch. It's one of those subtle little things that make this comic great.

It's prolly less of a racial slur and more of Chester being high and maybe a little slow, so he takes an insult literally.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Vogon Poet posted:

I know Lazerbot hates Star Wars, but for me it brings to mind Anakin killing the sand people.

Heroes fell from grace before the Star Wars prequels, you know.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Phlegmish posted:

They're not entirely the same, in my view. Daffy and Bugs were murdered because it served a higher purpose and in a fit of righteous rage, respectively. It's also worth noting that Shadow had never even met Daffy before. I think it's still possible to sympathize with Shadow in a dark, vengeful, unhinged antihero kind of way.
In contrast, Mario not only cold-bloodedly betrays the Troll Slaiyers after gaining their trust and respect, he takes visible pleasure in telling them this and then tries to murder them for no real reason.

True, but Mario did all that because of his own tragic past, and his goal was and still is to defeat the Troll King. You could argue that he is a dark, psychotic and pretty unsympathetic anti-hero, who's only reacting violently to the harm done to him and those he cares for, just like Shadow.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chernabog posted:

It kind of reminds me of that evil baby from The Passion Of the Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
I, for one, eagerly await Shadow turbo punching that pregnant lady. Make her miscarriage, old boy!